TJ09

2020-06-27 - June Dragon Release

Favorite release ever, these babies are gold tbh. My only regret is missing the initial wave of WALLS of Staterae, they are hands down my favorite dragons on the site and for me, the most gorgeous and aesthetically pleasing.

Sucks x10000 that I'm never going to find cb at this rate, but them just being in the cave is a wonder! Thank you TJ and Birdz!!!

Did we ever get a post with additional breed info? :)

@birdzgoboom I'm seriously in love with the Umbras! Though they don't like intruders, would an appropriately courteous traveler be able to bargain for wisdom in exchange for the right gifts? Or would this always fall under the umbrella of "disturbing their peace"?

Edited by Niyaka

On 6/30/2020 at 8:26 PM, birdzgoboom said:

NxotFid.png

Exactly five years ago (well, from the posting of this thread, anyhow!) -- June 27th, 2015 -- the original Xenowyrms were released.

The Gaia, Astrapi, Chrono, Pyro, Thalassa, and Mageia were those six wyrm children that were released upon Galsreim!

I genuinely never really thought that they would come to be enjoyed so much, especially five whole years later.

I hope you guys enjoy the new six to complete the elemental set: the Umbra, Aquilo, Obidar, Ke'maro, Aso, and Pharos. Some are friendly, some are not-so-friendly. 🙂

And... of course, the big wyrm in the room: the Staterae Xenowyrm, the original ancient dragon that branched off into all the different subspecies we have today.

It's been really fun reading the thread, and seeing the discussion in Discord about these guys and this release. (And the surprise when someone bred the first Staterae...!)

I'm glad to have the opportunity to create these dragons, and I look forward to seeing what cool lineage projects you all have in mind going forward!

So to wrap up... I just wanted to say, thank you for making the five-year anniversary of the Xenowyrms special!

This one? @Niyaka

Edited by Lagie

I'm very close to finally giving in and spending some shards. ^_^  The biome xenos are always grabbed too fast for me, and it looks like there are a lot less new xenos in the AP today than yesterday. Either it's just my random luck that I've seen/caught more Aquilo than any other type, or maybe they are the most 'common' of the new ones? I have at least 2 of all except Umbra, so I might buy a couple of those. Of course this is just the new 'normal' xenos, I'm not even counting the Staterae at the moment, I haven't seen any of those at all. 

I know I'm possibly in the minority here, but I'm kind of hoping Staterae turn out to be 'true rares', not just new release hype rares. We haven't had a *true* rare release in forever and we don't actually have many in general, I think the game could use a few new rares every so often. 

4 hours ago, Shokomon said:

I'm going to breed my noodle with my Megazord and see what happens...

After I name it first...

What's a good name for a Statra?

(It kinda sucks they aren't red, because now I can't name them after the Crimson Dragon from 5D's...I Might do it anyway for the lols.)

SUCCESS!

This is the earliest of named and bred on of my dragons. Usually, I wait.

Lineage: :)

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

I'm very close to finally giving in and spending some shards. ^_^  The biome xenos are always grabbed too fast for me, and it looks like there are a lot less new xenos in the AP today than yesterday. Either it's just my random luck that I've seen/caught more Aquilo than any other type, or maybe they are the most 'common' of the new ones? I have at least 2 of all except Umbra, so I might buy a couple of those. Of course this is just the new 'normal' xenos, I'm not even counting the Staterae at the moment, I haven't seen any of those at all. 

I know I'm possibly in the minority here, but I'm kind of hoping Staterae turn out to be 'true rares', not just new release hype rares. We haven't had a *true* rare release in forever and we don't actually have many in general, I think the game could use a few new rares every so often. 

Umbras were the only ones I was able to catch extras of -- and also bred two random ones (Fever Wyvern x Obidar, Lihnseyre x Thalassa). 

I still haven't managed to catch a single CB one of any of these guys. Time to quit I guess. 😰

As much as I love this new release, I'm bummed that I haven't even seen a Staterae in the cave, and I was awake when the xenos were released. I collect 4 of everything and 3 for freezing, so this is going to be a very long adventure :(

The new xenos are pretty (thanks artists!) but they need to drop more often. Too many users are getting sad and frustrated. 

I missed the drop for this release, but finally have at least one of each - through lots of effort and cave stalking! Had to get the Staterae from the market, as I never even saw one in the cave. 

Thank you TJ for the market!

This release is a little frustrating because they're already so rare ... and I'm still also hunting for Pargulus pygmies of which I haven't see much as a cracked egg shell in a month.

The new Xenos look amazing though! I'm especially a fan of the desert and jungle versions!

The incredibly intertwining story and relations presented and possible with having the other half of the Xenos family now is awesome Birdz! Thank-you for all your creativeness now, past, and future!

I want to get staterae, but I can't find it.
Is it too rare to get?
I like it. I want to get more, but I can't see it.

40 minutes ago, syasa said:

I want to get staterae, but I can't find it.
Is it too rare to get?
I like it. I want to get more, but I can't see it.

Judging by the market price I'm guessing it's about copper-level rare. A lot of people have been buying theirs off the market because they're so scarce in the biomes (e.g. I think I've only seen one since the release day, in all my time of hunting for xenos; not that I caught it, but I at least saw it XD).

Many thanks to all who are sending the new release eggs to the AP, it's appreciated.  My scroll has decided to treat them like it does the metallics - might get two per annum!

Yay, new wyrm babies! I love Pharos most for looks, Aquilo second, Obidar third for looks but my favorite for personality. Are they supposed to be poison element (haven’t unlocked the encyc yet?). If so wish we could’ve seen some fungi mixed in on their backs!

Overall the original Xenos are still my preferred set, however, due to the brighter colors—makes them seem more fantastical. Pyros were always my least favorite of the group because they were the exception, and all of this new batch minus the Pharos are similarly duller colored. Still beautiful, though. ❤️ 

The Statarae are gorgeous, although I’ll admit as an ancestral breed I was expecting something simpler and weaker that passively fed on mana rather than controlling it. Evolution, while not intentionally directed, usually seems to build towards more complex forms, so it was strange to see something so powerful as the original. I was expecting a cute derpy Cassare-style semi-neutral element wiggle-worm, not massive majestic beasts that put GoNs to shame! They are stunning and I love the colors. :D

Wish they weren’t quite SO elusive for a first release, though! I know we have the market, but just buying something like that feels wrong. I’d like to catch at least a pair by myself but doesn’t seem it’ll happen anytime soon. The other types are elusive but doable. I wish everyone luck in their searching!

I feel like the Staterae should have had a unique mechanic as GoN does. They are considered divinites lore-wise as their description tells, but now we can just randomly find them as any xeno... mhm

If we could get to summon them like Zyumorph do or something similar it would have been better. And there would have been no problem at that point about struggling to find them right away in the biomes or make a secret relase about.

After hunting most of yesterday specifically for an Umbra and missing the few I actually saw, I finally spent some shards to get one from the Market. My very first Market baby. (And just watch, today I'll grab like three Umbras while hunting, doesn't it always seem to happen that way?)

I really really love these new dragons, so pretty and colorful. Haven't decided which 'regular' new Xeno is my favorite yet, but those Straterae are just soooo gorgeous! Eventually I *will* make an army of cutesy little frozen Straterae, someday when they appear a bit more often...

I love these new dragons. With about 6 hours daily hunting, I've managed to catch some of each of the 6, but though I have seen some "Flow" eggs I couldn't catch any. I just can't keep hunting at that rate, so I'll see how I do in coming days with maybe an hour a day or whatever I can manage. Enjoy.

I've viewed at least 12 Straterae, but I cannot unlock the egg in which to buy them from the market? Are you just out of luck until you can manage to breed one yourself? :( I bred all my xenos last night and nothing.

5 minutes ago, Tetelestai said:

I've viewed at least 12 Straterae, but I cannot unlock the egg in which to buy them from the market? Are you just out of luck until you can manage to breed one yourself? :( I bred all my xenos last night and nothing.

You're not the only one. Every Staterae I've looked at hasn't counted towards unlocking. This is so NOT fun.

The eggs you're viewing aren't counting? That's not how it's supposed to work. >..<

37 minutes ago, Siliskor said:

You're not the only one. Every Staterae I've looked at hasn't counted towards unlocking. This is so NOT fun.

I quite agree with you there. If I could just use shards to buy them I'd be okay with it. Rather get them from the cave, but I'd be thrilled to just be able to buy them at this point.

18 minutes ago, Kith said:

The eggs you're viewing aren't counting? That's not how it's supposed to work. >..<

I didn't think it was either, but I honestly don't ever remember it working for me. I'd rarely use the encyclopedia to unlock dragons though, so this is the first time that I've actively tried to unlock a breed.

EDIT: I must have viewed the magic number finally. Had 7 flow eggs open and finally the encyclopedia unlocked the breed for me.

Edited by Tetelestai
glitch fix

3 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Yay, new wyrm babies! I love Pharos most for looks, Aquilo second, Obidar third for looks but my favorite for personality. Are they supposed to be poison element (haven’t unlocked the encyc yet?). If so wish we could’ve seen some fungi mixed in on their backs!

Overall the original Xenos are still my preferred set, however, due to the brighter colors—makes them seem more fantastical. Pyros were always my least favorite of the group because they were the exception, and all of this new batch minus the Pharos are similarly duller colored. Still beautiful, though. ❤️ 

The Statarae are gorgeous, although I’ll admit as an ancestral breed I was expecting something simpler and weaker that passively fed on mana rather than controlling it. Evolution, while not intentionally directed, usually seems to build towards more complex forms, so it was strange to see something so powerful as the original. I was expecting a cute derpy Cassare-style semi-neutral element wiggle-worm, not massive majestic beasts that put GoNs to shame! They are stunning and I love the colors. :D

Wish they weren’t quite SO elusive for a first release, though! I know we have the market, but just buying something like that feels wrong. I’d like to catch at least a pair by myself but doesn’t seem it’ll happen anytime soon. The other types are elusive but doable. I wish everyone luck in their searching!

Yes, I think the GoN screams for some radical redesign, other breeds like Sinos and even the Avatars look more powerful than the GoN, not to mention all the Xenos. I absolutely love that the Staterae looks so majestically and divinely powerful.

These Godlike dragons (GoN, Sinomorph, Staterae) have similar color palette, maybe that's just coincidence.

Edit: I agree buying something feels wrong. I went shopping last night, it was nothing, just like four months of shards lol but those bargains were irresistible xD

Edited by Kegluneq