TJ09

2020-06-27 - June Dragon Release

i'm about ready to throw the towel in.  i'll try breeding my xenos again next week.  by then, my new guys will have grown up as well, and i can lock myself for like 5 hours with the original xenos i'll pick up instead of the new ones. *sigh*

Edited by trystan
cause i can't type

I keep reflex-clicking Labradorites. Yes, they are pretty noodles, but they are not the pretty noodles I am looking for right now. XD

I am so tired to even see and immediately click on a mana (no matter which), just to have it taken by someone else already (with a better connection). DC is so frustrating in this, just as with the monthly raffle *sigh*. But trying to get the noodles and because of that realizing A GOLD and later A SILVER was nearby (which I haven't seen for ages) bothers me even more than not getting the noodles :P

I think for my mood's sake I better give up and start on breeding^^

1 minute ago, Kiwiana said:

I am so tired to even see and immediately click on a mana (no matter which), just to have it taken by someone else already (with a better connection). DC is so frustrating in this, just as with the monthly raffle *sigh*. But trying to get the noodles and because of that realizing A GOLD and later A SILVER was nearby (which I haven't seen for ages) bothers me even more than not getting the noodles :P

I think for my mood's sake I better give up and start on breeding^^

I've missed two coppers, lol. But I feel it, to have my mouse poised right over an egg when I refresh and still have it taken by someone else is frustrating, when my old good computer would have almost guaranteed me the egg. ;w;

Finally saw my first flow egg. Of course naturally I missed it 😧

EDIT: And another! Too slow though. Think that's all my luck used up.

Edited by Lahabrea

I finally managed to get one of each except the Staterae, and got a start on my pairs. It is going to be an interesting challenge to get to my collecting goals, especially with the Staterae. Nice and challenging. I hadn't even managed my tier two goals with the original Xeno's yet..  I cannot believe it's already been five years. (Goes to show how much my breeding projects have taken over these last few years. 😆)

Thank you for such a fun, un-looked for release! 

What can I say, these dragons are all aestethically amazing. I really like the xeno line, they are detailed, orinigal, colorful and even tied to the game lore. Absolutely a great addition to the game, which lacks of Wyrms compared to the other sub-types.

Aso and Umbras are my favourite, their color and pose are really striking. Ke'maro is a really frightening breed, absolutely spooky and original. Pharos and Obidar have the most lovely color combinations and shades, Obidar in particular have so many shadows on their bodies they are mesmerizing to watch. Aquilo are more plain compared to the rest, but I really like the golden whisk they have.

And the Staterae, dont get me startered... (pun intended, lol) they are absolutly beautiful. I like their sprite is bigger than the others and has a little of each. I also really appreciate that they share palette color similar to the Guardian of Nature, as the two are related somehow as powerful dragons. Stunning, rare and barely catchable but still a great addition. They may be the first dragon I'm forced to buy out of the market to have, but still I'm so glad we have them!

Thanks to everyone involved!

Wow!  I finally got a set of the six Xenos. I can hardly believe how this happened since I had all but given up hope on getting my last two.  What happened was that I bred  a 2G Shimmer-scale with a Silver female and hoped I would get one Xeno, at least.   I thought I might as well be an optimist and start by asking for one CB Flow egg or 2 CB Zenos.  Well, to my great surprise, in the little amount of time it took to go to the kitchen and fix a cup of coffee, when I came back I found that I had four offers waiting for me!  None of them were for the Flow, but three of the others were for 2 nice Zenos,  and one was for just the exact two hatchlings I needed AND and extra CB egg which will, with a bit of luck, give me a pair of Alpines.  So I'm happy now, even without the Flow.  I'm a little more optimistic about getting one of them some time, some way, in the future.

Special thanks to all the kind people who trade in the hub.  :wub:

Wow, I think the new Alpine is my favorite(can't remember the name).  Bred all my xenos, no flow eggs.  Will try again when they are ready, in the meantime, hoarding xenos of all types for more chances at a flow.  I am just hoping they are added to the marketplace soon, I have plenty of shards saved up...

3 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

I keep reflex-clicking Labradorites. Yes, they are pretty noodles, but they are not the pretty noodles I am looking for right now. XD

Xenowyrm, not xenomorph!

Just now, schmupti said:

Xenowyrm, not xenomorph!

I'll let you know I laughed out loud at this. XD Bwahahaha. Perfect response!

I caught exactly 1 Xeno today, despite trying all day long.

And it's an Astrapi. Seriously?!

I've not even seen a 'flow' egg, but I'm mostly okay with that - the indigo wyrm shall be my white whale. The Neglected kinda already is, but, eh, plenty of fish in the sea.

29 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I caught exactly 1 Xeno today, despite trying all day long.

And it's an Astrapi. Seriously?!

Yikes, you can get the old ones now?

I ended up getting a second set of CBs today, still searching for flows.

They're all just so pretty. I was very much not prepared for this release but I'm so so happy for all of these dragons. I'm also glad I was able to trade for some of the Straterae dragons. They're absolutely stunning and I completely missed that drop.

Only a few hours until we start seeing the first batches of player's wyrms grow up! I can't wait for the amazing lineages people will come up with.

So much love.

🥰

I've been hunting pretty intensely over the past few days, seen a ton of Mana eggs at most 5 minute drops, but since they've been mixed in I haven't been able to catch a single one! So so so frustrating! Arg!

Edited by High Lord November

I traded off one flow egg at earlier with new forest ones. More tragic one for me was I caught another forest one by my own. Why I did that...

10 hours ago, Toyo said:

Are there any more confirmed breeding combos, or is this it? (That thread linked above showed a garland x xeno pairing.)

At the moment, we believe any xeno may be able to breed one, regardless of what its mate is. There's no visible pattern, and a xeno x xeno pair has also tossed a stat wyrm. Because of this, I haven't updated the list of known combinations that work.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Since we'll start seeing some adults soon, I just wanted to thank TJ and Birdz once again for this amazing release. Happy 5th Birthday to our precious Xeno's and here's to an epic 5 more! 

On 6/30/2020 at 5:26 PM, birdzgoboom said:

NxotFid.png

Exactly five years ago (well, from the posting of this thread, anyhow!) -- June 27th, 2015 -- the original Xenowyrms were released.

The Gaia, Astrapi, Chrono, Pyro, Thalassa, and Mageia were those six wyrm children that were released upon Galsreim!

I genuinely never really thought that they would come to be enjoyed so much, especially five whole years later.

I hope you guys enjoy the new six to complete the elemental set: the Umbra, Aquilo, Obidar, Ke'maro, Aso, and Pharos. Some are friendly, some are not-so-friendly. 🙂

And... of course, the big wyrm in the room: the Staterae Xenowyrm, the original ancient dragon that branched off into all the different subspecies we have today.

It's been really fun reading the thread, and seeing the discussion in Discord about these guys and this release. (And the surprise when someone bred the first Staterae...!)

I'm glad to have the opportunity to create these dragons, and I look forward to seeing what cool lineage projects you all have in mind going forward!

So to wrap up... I just wanted to say, thank you for making the five-year anniversary of the Xenowyrms special!

Thank you so much Birdz for this fabulous new release. All of your dragons are just so perfect, I can't wait to get them all. Thank you so much. What a fabulous anniversary.

3 minutes ago, Thaliel said:

I am gicing up on forest jungle and volcano, it's simply impossible

Check your dm!

Ugh, I've just had no luck grabbing any so far. I think I'll just wait until they appear in the market and start breeding nice things to trade...

8 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

Ugh, I've just had no luck grabbing any so far. I think I'll just wait until they appear in the market and start breeding nice things to trade...

I can help you catch some! I have helped a few people so far. I have 2 Egg slots, which 2 do you like most?