TJ09

2020-06-27 - June Dragon Release

I love the design of the GoN. The Staterae are gorgeous and the Sinomorphs are… not my cup of tea, but IMO we had enough "God-level" breeds at just 1. I mean, how many all-powerful dragon deities does DC really need? Unless it's more of a dragon pantheon (super cool!), but that's not quite implied.

Thank you @birdzgoboom for all the Xenos, they are amazing! 

I am so glad to have caught this release, after having missed the first Xeno release (apparently I didn’t catch any dragons between April and September of 2015.) and then it took me over a year to get my first Xeno, yeesh.

Also, I managed to catch a Staterae egg. By accident. I was trying to catch the coast variant and quick clicked and got … not the coast variant XD this was after the flood of “flows”, maybe 11:00am cave time. 

Edited by Pliskin

2 hours ago, Siliskor said:

You're not the only one. Every Staterae I've looked at hasn't counted towards unlocking. This is so NOT fun.

That's super weird. I checked out every staterae egg. hatchling and adult I could find yesterday, and unlocked them in the market. If you need to view two eggs, let me know and I'll DM you the links to my eggs. 

On 6/30/2020 at 11:52 AM, Shokomon said:

On a diferent note, @Pixxelation, ADULTS ARE HERE!

HYPE

TRAIN!!!!

I was at the station on time, but the train was cancelled so I went and got some noodles.

gUVFjCO.png

I was actually expecting something really simple to but I dunno about them slimming down over-time not making any sense, just because something is complex doesn't mean it won't streamline and specialize later, it's less common for things to get weaker and less complex but it is entirely possible if the right pressures are applied to a species. Evolution is not a line of progress and it's not always the strongest that survives and specially adapting can often be more advantageous. Power, strength, and a hundred different features don't come from nowhere after-all, all of that takes energy and effort to maintain, energy that is scarce.

Staterae are probably "awesome but impractical", they require more food and mana, have powers that are probably overkill, and all those little traits upon traits. All of that would be maintained by nutrition, that may sound minor to some but there aren't grocery stores in nature so they've gotta find food, and because they're so massive and intensely powerful they need way more than most dragons. A xeno on the other hand is slightly smaller and more specialized, that's less food and a normal amount of body-complexity to fuel. That means food is more plentiful for xenos because they're eating less and they're better suited to surviving extremes without as much strain on their bodies.

Nothing is an absolute with evolution and it's often very contextual. Specializing can make you less adaptable to swift change and it can become crippling in certain scenarios. This is just my theory on happened to the Staterae and Xenos specifically.

I just want to say that Flowz ( FlOWz ) is super excited that the Spriter of two of her Spriters Alts Great-Granddaddies ( @birdzgoboom ) helped create one of the most highly sought after dragons now (and probably going forward) and "nick-named" it after her! So she asked me to share her gratitude (As a White Dragon she is totally about peace and love and life and healing and positive vibes and just humbly serving and not trying not to preen and humble brag.) with the entire planet of Valkemare. She is not currently available for "public social telepathy" appearances, but she is happy to be a positive representation (not like a celebrity or a icon, but more like a socially, spiritually, etc. representative like .... Oprah, maybe?).

Anyway, she hopes everyone is inspired to be and continue to be embracing peace, love, healing, kindness, support and positive life vibes and actions (whether it be because you are so inspired by her, her gratitude, or just because you do that anyway).

I did personally quite enjoy and am grateful for the release. I had a really fantastic time that I will probably not be able to ever repeat this overall experience both related and unrelated. Thanks for making it a really awesome both before and after a Holiday weekend that I just expected nothing else other than some extra sleep time and maybe some productive relaxing and life organizing in various aspects. Will still get all that in, but it was nice to have & eat my Keto Non-Carb Both Cake and Icing! It was certainly a very valued experience.

3 hours ago, Pixxelation said:

I was at the station on time, but the train was cancelled so I went and got some noodles.

gUVFjCO.png

AYYYYY HYPE NOODLES!

Hype noodles are always an acceptable alternative to hype trains.

Who's eating these noodles though? I have qUESTIONS!

lol

Thank you for the picture!

It seems the Statra has great taste in decorative Xeno ware.

lol

8 hours ago, RagaDal said:

That's super weird. I checked out every staterae egg. hatchling and adult I could find yesterday, and unlocked them in the market. If you need to view two eggs, let me know and I'll DM you the links to my eggs. 

I had them unlocked fairly early on, too....

I caught one more Xeno, but haven't caught anything for a couple of days, now  I'll keep trying...  I bought four Xeno's that I wanted to complete a gendered pair with.  I am still trying to catch the same four as CB's...

I missed the release was on vacation... Don't see a single one in cave anymore 😕

I bought 3 Staterae in the market. I'm waiting a little before I buy the 4th one, because I'm still hoping to catch one myself, but so far I haven't even seen one.

So I gave in an bought the last 4 Xenos I wasn't able to catch, just to have a pair of each, before they get more expensive. The Staterae are though to expensive for me.. Have to see if they will show up in the cave at some point. At least I have seen one of the eggs, that gives me hope, as I have never seen a gold or a silver actually in the cave.

A new release. Yay! ^-^ It´s a pleasure to see the beautiful new dragons. 🙂

Perhaps my words seems not right in the english language, I´m not a native...

I missed it but I´m fine with it. Honestly. No complaining only thoughts of 12 years on DC. I arrived on DC in 2008. In previous time there was a lot of fun. Everyone could catch any dragon here on DC. Now, its nearly impossible to catch a special dragon if you miss a release or if you want a special dragon like a cb gold, silver, whatever is "rare". That makes me sad. I took time today and I sat a few hours before my PC and I hoped to see new eggs or nice trades without boasted offerings. Well and my sunday goes into his end and I found "nothing". And that´s not the only situation here on DC. I observed this for a long time and everytime I stayed because I had so much fun here on this site and so many nice memories. I do not want to spend hours of lifetime to hope for a catch that not will come anymore. Perhaps this is not further more my Dragon Cave. Perhaps it´s time to leave.

It were 12 amazing years with nice people, awesome releases and very,very great spriters and crew. I don´t want to have compassion or rude words or still any offers. Only thoughts of a longstandind, always excited DC woman.

Have fun with your new dragons.  🙂

Welp, even if you cant catch the eggs, at least you can buy em in the market Laurelin ^.^ Luckily the xenos are rather cheap now lol

And the fact they are so cheap and so many of us are buying them (Guilty...) probably affects the lack of them in the biomes ?

I've actually seen a Staterae in a biome this weekend XD Was too slow to get it, of course.

Can anyone confirm I've got the elementals right? 

Astrapi- Lightening

Aquilo- Air

Mageia- Magi

Pharos- Light

Gaia- Life

Umbra- Dark

Thalassa- Water

Aso- Ice

Chrono- Time

Obidar- Earth

Pyro- Fire

Ke'maro- Death

Staterae- Neutral

18 hours ago, Laurelin said:

A new release. Yay! ^-^ It´s a pleasure to see the beautiful new dragons. 🙂

Perhaps my words seems not right in the english language, I´m not a native...

I missed it but I´m fine with it. Honestly. No complaining only thoughts of 12 years on DC. I arrived on DC in 2008. In previous time there was a lot of fun. Everyone could catch any dragon here on DC. Now, its nearly impossible to catch a special dragon if you miss a release or if you want a special dragon like a cb gold, silver, whatever is "rare". That makes me sad. I took time today and I sat a few hours before my PC and I hoped to see new eggs or nice trades without boasted offerings. Well and my sunday goes into his end and I found "nothing". And that´s not the only situation here on DC. I observed this for a long time and everytime I stayed because I had so much fun here on this site and so many nice memories. I do not want to spend hours of lifetime to hope for a catch that not will come anymore. Perhaps this is not further more my Dragon Cave. Perhaps it´s time to leave.

It were 12 amazing years with nice people, awesome releases and very,very great spriters and crew. I don´t want to have compassion or rude words or still any offers. Only thoughts of a longstandind, always excited DC woman.

Have fun with your new dragons.  🙂

Really hope you don't quit because of this wonky release - you've been here too long.  I went ahead and just bought the Staterae from the Market, as I don't have time to hunt on the main cave anymore except for here and there during new releases.  This game definitely loses its fun if buying eggs is how one acquires them, though, but things probably are not going to change unless ratios and game mechanisms undergo a cold hard revamp (unlikely).

Well, I've joined in and been buying, if this is the way things are going. Got to wait until tomorrow now to get more.

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

And the fact they are so cheap and so many of us are buying them (Guilty...) probably affects the lack of them in the biomes ?

I wonder if it means that they aren't really all that rare--just very, very popular.  I was quite surprised at how cheap they were.

Honestly, I'm struggling to get all the new shiny babies, too, but at least the game still has some challenges which makes it interesting.

I got some from the cave, some from trades and some from the market. I'm too short on shards for a flow-one, because I bought my third gold from the market two weeks ago, but I can wait. 

I love this game the way it is.

Keep on playing people, it's a free game with pixel art, not Ender's game!

(Yes, I hate the raffle "balance" and the alt Sweetling mechanic but that's only a part of this game.)

Edited by Seriva Senkalora

While stalking the new xenos beyond the 5 minute drops, I was kind of surprised at how many true rares I saw.  I didn't catch them--but I've seen at least one gold (and it's the only one I've EVER seen in the cave, I think), and a couple silvers.  I saw more xeno flows mid-drop than at the drops.  I think folks may be too focused at hunting at the drops instead of taking an occasional stroll through the cave when they have a moment.  I know I've caught some cheeses mid drop in the past, and seen papers, as well.  I don't think the flows are as rare as those, though they might be as rare as the dinos.  I don't think dinos are really all that rare--certainly not nearly as rare as metals.

It all depends. Someone mentioned a few days ago to try between the five minute drops so I did a few different times and still only saw Xeno's at the five minute time. Not seen any other rares at all, cant remember the last time I saw a gold or silver.  It's been a very strange one, this. 

I'm going to have to buy them. I've never seen a breed go so invisible so quickly after their release. *grumble*  Can some folks please PM me some links, so I can unlock them?  It's taking me forever to look through people's scrolls for them. :D