TJ09

2020-06-27 - June Dragon Release

Do the flows still drop in the cave? Refreshed every five min for 3 hours this morning and didn't see a single one again. Are these seriously as rare as CB metals!? 

In my 3.5 hours of hunting so far today, I have seen two.

Caught one yesterday, have seen a couple today, but I haven't been hunting hard, I'm trying to finish some work!

1 minute ago, Amazon_warrior said:

Caught one yesterday, have seen a couple today, but I haven't been hunting hard, I'm trying to finish some work!

Ooh, for those who've seen Flows- does there seem to be any pattern in a particular biome, re: spawning, or is it totally random? I'm looking to catch some today, if possible. :')

9 hours ago, anetofstars said:

It's not so fun when a player's hands aren't as fast as they once were, due to health issues. I didn't ask for it to be super-easy. A drop of 24 hours, so that players all over the world can have a chance to catch new eggs would be fair. 

I’m not fast at all, and I’m on a slow machine And internet connection to boot...my computer freezes up because of my slow connection.  But I still like to have the challenge of hunting them.  It actually took me years to get my first CB gold and silver.  I was stoked!  
im not saying everyone is like me.  I’m just saying I think it’s more fun to hunt and catch them than getting them guaranteed in a mass drop.  During the holidays, many folks complain that the cave is blocked by the mass drop.  I think TJ just tries to keep it interesting, and with all the players, it’s impossible to keep everyone happy.  Missed drops aren’t going to keep me from playing.  I love this game!

good luck to everyone- hope you get your eggs soon!

i haven't seen any.  but by the time i get back to the cave, it's either on a :x1 or :x6. *sigh*

3 minutes ago, gotw3 said:

Ooh, for those who've seen Flows- does there seem to be any pattern in a particular biome, re: spawning, or is it totally random? I'm looking to catch some today, if possible. :')

Totally random, as far as I can tell, sorry!

20 hours ago, Shokomon said:

Because New Xenos:

1. Breeding Plans 
  2. Breeding Pattern 
  3. In Cave Info to help with any confusion for late comers:
    On 6/27/2020 at 9:11 AM, Shokomon said:
    On 6/27/2020 at 8:50 AM, Rememberdrgns said:

Currently, the “mana flows like a current” eggs are dominating the biomes. You may know them as the “hybrid” or “bred” new egg if you were here early. These eggs have only one sprite: image.gif.464e0033c441c9e76d6ea8be061b3307.gif They are not featured on the release post for whatever reason.

The ones featured on the release post have the description of existing xenowyrm eggs. (Shorter than flow eggs for those hunting)

Alpine: image.gif.8b2fea51a3d85f0588bb22d406af47df.gif Desert: image.gif.74af6077eccf2d968eb5c84b5af292dc.gif Jungle: image.gif.e1fd7f3920e5a59bcf6defd16640f982.gif 

Coast: image.gif.aaea15dd546c58ded6bf802526900d18.gif  Forest: image.gif.acb0446954cc1db858f3ad81f3a264a7.gif Volcano: image.gif.666b261501bce8908914e496f2058c2a.gif   

{snip}

And just to distinguish,

Xenos:

ALP CO FOR DE JUL VOL

latest?cb=20150627180046latest?cb=20150627180055latest?cb=20150627180111latest?cb=20150627180103latest?cb=20150627180116latest?cb=20150627180121

latest?cb=20200627063340latest?cb=20200627064700latest?cb=20200627065437latest?cb=20200627064814latest?cb=20200627065006latest?cb=20200627065137

Mana courses throughout this glassy egg.

Not-Xeno Mystery Egg:

ALL

latest?cb=20200627065901

Mana flows like a current through this glassy egg.

Because it may be helpful

Edited by Shokomon
Fixing link

Just now, Amazon_warrior said:

Totally random, as far as I can tell, sorry!

No worries, and thanks for the info! 😄

6 hours ago, AlicornsPrayer said:

Or if someone works 12 hour shifts with an hour drive to work, another hour drive home from work....Then has their hands full taking care of a home and livestock (we're real life farmers), plus have to work mandatory weekends after working all the previous week.....

Thing is, people have real lives off line too. And for many, that's crammed full with have-to-do things. So getting on-line is a treat and limited, because real life comes first. 

Catching new releases are fun if the timing is right. But for us burning our candles at both ends and/or have health issues? It can be daunting and disheartening when we miss those new releases. 

Which is what happened to me this weekend. I worked all week, then had to do a mandatory weekend. I didn't even find out about the new releases till yesterday, and by then? The flood drop was well over. I've gotten one new egg. And it's going to take me a long time to get any more, because I only get a little on-line time to hunt eggs in the first place. I'll manage....But it would have been nice if the new eggs being dropped enmass a bit longer so I could have had better odds to get a few more without waiting to see if any are dropped every 5 minutes along with the regular egg drops. 

I’m not saying folks don’t have “real lives,” as I’m scrambling between two jobs myself.  And I’ve missed plenty of new releases.  I just like to think of this as a game, and if I miss the release, I will hunt until I find the eggs when my time frees up.  Will I end up missing some.  Probably.  But I feel that much more satisfied when I finally do get one.  Like I said, I may be weird that way.  Hope you find your eggs soon!

Just knowing that these secret "flow" eggs flooded the cave and the turned SUPER RARE all of a sudden bothers me incredibly.

Edited by Diame

4 minutes ago, Diame said:

Just knowing that these secret "flow" eggs flooded the cave and the turned SUPER RARE all of a sudden bothers me incredibly.

Me too. It's like they were made only for a certain set of players. Like they were meant to be a VERY limited release. I have seen TWO CB Golds and four CB Silvers in the past day, but not only one flow. I failed to get all the metallics and the flow, but metallics are meant to be super rare and hard to get. I always assumed new release eggs were supposed to be for everyone, at least at first, and then become rare a few days later. These flow eggs became CB Gold level rare in less than a day. Like, ehhh???

7 minutes ago, Diame said:

I missed it completely.  I only found out about the flow eggs because people were trying to trade for them...On to the hunt!

5 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

Me too. It's like they were made only for a certain set of players. Like they were meant to be a VERY limited release. I have seen TWO CB Golds and four CB Silvers in the past day, but not only one flow. I failed to get all the metallics and the flow, but metallics are meant to be super rare and hard to get. I always assumed new release eggs were supposed to be for everyone, at least at first, and then become rare a few days later. These flow eggs became CB Gold level rare in less than a day. Like, ehhh???

Even the xeno new releases didn't last long and seemingly went to their "normal" ratios far sooner than usual.

I also hate the silence we've been getting when it comes to this mystery egg. I certainly hope this doesn't become a trend, I believe we have enough stress going on as is.

Edited by Diame

Someone isn't happy that I was gifted a Flow egg. Keep your eggs safe everyone. Viewbombers may be lurking.

5 minutes ago, Diame said:

Even the xeno new releases didn't last long and seemingly went to their "normal" ratios far sooner than usual.

I also hate the silence we've been getting when it comes to this mystery egg. I certainly hope this doesn't become a trend, I believe we have enough stress going on as is.

I'm wondering if it's a mistake egg? Maybe it was supposed to be a surprise breed-only hybrid Xeno thing that accidentally got put in the caves and now TJ and co are trying to find a way to fix it without replacing all the CB flows people caught? I just want answers! And at least one flow egg, please. XD

8 minutes ago, Diame said:

We've had other mystery releases before. The purple dinos were a mystery release. I'm sure once these (or the other xenos grow up), we'll get more info. 

2 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

I'm wondering if it's a mistake egg? Maybe it was supposed to be a surprise breed-only hybrid Xeno thing that accidentally got put in the caves and now TJ and co are trying to find a way to fix it without replacing all the CB flows people caught? I just want answers! And at least one flow egg, please. XD

I thought of that possibility aswell XD it's not a bad theory

7 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

TJ's been around, though, so I'd guess it's going as he planned.

How long after a release do the eggs show up in the market?  Does it take a month, or the next release, etc.?

So I guess those flow eggs really are rares huh? my 2 have nearly 3500 views each and are 3 days 21hrs from hatching and still haven't hatched, usually (for me at least) eggs are hatched by that point unless they are a trio or metallic >.<

After not being very keen to touch the biomes for new xenos, I had a go at breeding them.

I just bred my CBs xenos to make PBs. Here are my stats:

Total pairs bred: 28 (56 CB xenos in total)

Normal xenos produced: 24

New xenos produced: 3

'Flow' eggs produced: 0

No interest: 1

I seemed to have a 1/8 chance of getting a new Xeno from breeding. What did you guys get?

My new eggs are hatching in 1-2 hours so i'll keep adding to these stats once I get to breed my lineaged Xenos.

Edited by lovecats99

After breeding 221 xenos, I have the final tally for my scroll offspring:

19 new xeno offspring with jungle, forest, and volcano variants most prevalent

0 of the flow/current offspring (even when trying the pairings listed earlier in the thread). 

Most of the offspring were regular xenos. 

Edited by Jazeki

Bred my 24 xenos: got 14 regular xenos, 1 common (undine), some refusals and no interests, and only got 1 of the new xeno eggs - the jungle variety courtesy of a CB silver tinsel x CB chrono pairing.  0 flow eggs.

Edited by Leidarendi

On 6/28/2020 at 2:21 AM, schenanigans said:

As soon as people bred the other variant, information was immediately starting to be gathered and shared BOTH in discord and on this thread - liferally the two most public avenues that us players could utilize to spread awareness.

No, the game should not be relying on people frequenting Discord or wading through hundreds of random "cool, new eggs!" user posts in a 30-page forum thread in order to know something about it has changed.

The intent, presumably, was for users to figure out there was a secret rare variant for themselves, not for them to have to get Discord accounts. The practical effect, though, is that the people with connections once again got a leg up while the others did not. I'm in the middle and don't really care either way, but I don't think the game was really in great need of more ways to reward the people who spend the most time on the discord and scrolling through back pages of forum threads. There are already lots of raffles, specials, heads-up about Thuwed drops, and so on to reward such dedicated players with, they didn't really need a new CB egg to be informed about before the random users.

Guys please, this is not a game to be stressed about ♥️ 

The randomness and timing with everything is what puts us all on equal footing. Sometimes It's unfair to me, sometimes to you, and that's okay because you don't HAVE to get the new breeds as soon as they drop. The fun is in hunting them after that too. As many have already said, it is sometimes more satisfactory when you hunt down a rare from the cave/biomes. Can't say how many times I've been shoooketh that I've randomly caught a nG from Spriters Alt in AP and such. 

It's a chill game, let it be so. At this rate yall going to make it pay to play just so you can always be the first and have it all. No. Please. This is one of the only games that I've played for so long and that has stayed untouched by such atrocities. It's fun. Have fun. Look at amazing little pixel dragons. How can you even be mad at all, whether they are yours or not, cmoon ♥️ ♥️ 😍

Edited by Nascentlicious