TJ09

2020-06-27 - June Dragon Release

1 hour ago, Diame said:

Even the xeno new releases didn't last long and seemingly went to their "normal" ratios far sooner than usual.

I also hate the silence we've been getting when it comes to this mystery egg. I certainly hope this doesn't become a trend, I believe we have enough stress going on as is.

See below.

1 hour ago, Jazeki said:

We've had other mystery releases before. The purple dinos were a mystery release. I'm sure once these (or the other xenos grow up), we'll get more info. 

We NEVER get extra info until there are adults. Once we KNOW, it will probably all seem perfectly sensible.

14 minutes ago, tjekan said:

No, the game should not be relying on people frequenting Discord or wading through hundreds of random "cool, new eggs!" user posts in a 30-page forum thread in order to know something about it has changed.

The intent, presumably, was for users to figure out there was a secret rare variant for themselves, not for them to have to get Discord accounts. The practical effect, though, is that the people with connections once again got a leg up while the others did not. I'm in the middle and don't really care either way, but I don't think the game was really in great need of more ways to reward the people who spend the most time on the discord and scrolling through back pages of forum threads. There are already lots of raffles, specials, heads-up about Thuwed drops, and so on to reward such dedicated players with, they didn't really need a new CB egg to be informed about before the random users.

There weren't hundreds of posts to wade through when the new eggs were discovered to be breedable. It was first posted on page three. And I'm pretty sure that everyone found out that the breed was CB when it started dropping in cave at 6:00am or whatever time it flooded. I was sleeping.  

It's a given that there's always going to be a disconnect between what people see if they have an account on here or on Discord versus just having a scroll only. It's been that way for at least ten years if not more. I'm not saying it's fair. But people always have the option to look at both the forum and the Discord without having an account. The game isn't inherently rewarding anyone. There are plenty of users who knew about the "secret" eggs and still haven't caught them. 

Edited by Jazeki
typo

10 minutes ago, tjekan said:

. There are already lots of raffles, specials, heads-up about Thuwed drops, and so on to reward such dedicated players with, they didn't really need a new CB egg to be informed about before the random users.

Well, no one get special information. 

People figure it out BECAUSE they are dedicated players. 

And share this information among other users. 

Relax, it's just a game. 

Hey guys, the people feeling stressed about the 7th egg and not able to get the CBs they want are entitled to their feelings.  Please stop telling them to "relax" or "it's just a game" - it's a bit condescending and minimizes what they're going through.

To those of you feeling upset/stressed about the situation - I see you and hear you.  Yes, the situation sucks.  I'm there with you. (((hugs)))

31 minutes ago, Nascentlicious said:

Guys please, this is not a game to be stressed about ♥️ 

The randomness and timing with everything is what puts us all on equal footing. Sometimes It's unfair to me, sometimes to you, and that's okay because you don't HAVE to get the new breeds as soon as they drop. The fun is in hunting them after that too. As many have already said, it is sometimes more satisfactory when you hunt down a rare from the cave/biomes. Can't say how many times I've been shoooketh that I've randomly caught a nG from Spriters Alt in AP and such. 

It's a chill game, let it be so. At this rate yall going to make it pay to play just so you can always be the first and have it all. No. Please. This is one of the only games that I've played for so long and that has stayed untouched by such atrocities. It's fun. Have fun. Look at amazing little pixel dragons. How can you even be mad at all, whether they are yours or not, cmoon ♥️ ♥️ 😍

I second this completely. It's always fun to hunt, even when I get a little frustrated because someone is just a bit faster than me, I stop to think, "What if its a new user or someone who doesn't have that many Xeno's?" Good things come to those who wait. I'm egg locked and still need a forest, but I'll grab it eventually. 

I'm happy that this game is still free and no one gets special privilege over anyone else to get better eggs because they pay for it and such.  TJ has always been awesome about that and That's why I've stayed with this game for as long as I have. That and my massive army of over 6,000+ dragons. lol.

But... it is just a game. I haven’t got any of the “new secret” eggs yet, but I’m not too fussed about it either because I’m sure they’ll come around eventually. 

I, for one, am really excited about the upcoming AP wall of original bred and CB Xenos :) I love all their designs! And I have been happy to have this challenge of hunting for these elusive new guys. 

48 minutes ago, tjekan said:

No, the game should not be relying on people frequenting Discord or wading through hundreds of random "cool, new eggs!" user posts in a 30-page forum thread in order to know something about it has changed.

The intent, presumably, was for users to figure out there was a secret rare variant for themselves, not for them to have to get Discord accounts. The practical effect, though, is that the people with connections once again got a leg up while the others did not. I'm in the middle and don't really care either way, but I don't think the game was really in great need of more ways to reward the people who spend the most time on the discord and scrolling through back pages of forum threads. There are already lots of raffles, specials, heads-up about Thuwed drops, and so on to reward such dedicated players with, they didn't really need a new CB egg to be informed about before the random users.

This so much yes!!!

I'm seeing plenty of the eggs dropping in the cave. There is at least one almost every 5 minute drop. (Not the flow ones, though -- I've seen none of those!) Catching them is something else again! There is always someone who is faster than me.

I can't wait to see the adults -- I know I will love them, because birdz! -- but I want to know what they look like and read their descriptions.

7 minutes ago, Moranna said:

Hey guys, the people feeling stressed about the 7th egg and not able to get the CBs they want are entitled to their feelings.  Please stop telling them to "relax" or "it's just a game" - it's a bit condescending and minimizes what they're going through.

To those of you feeling upset/stressed about the situation - I see you and hear you.  Yes, the situation sucks.  I'm there with you. (((hugs)))

But it is just a game :)

And it's really more fun when you remember about this. 

4 minutes ago, Spirulina said:

But it is just a game :)

And it's really more fun when you remember about this. 

Yes, it's a game, but sometimes it gets very frustrating, you know?  How many people have wanted to throw controllers across the room with video games?  Eventually, you get over it and try again.  All I'm saying is let people have their emotions, and support them while they work their way through them.  :)

20 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I'm seeing plenty of the eggs dropping in the cave. There is at least one almost every 5 minute drop. (Not the flow ones, though -- I've seen none of those!) Catching them is something else again! There is always someone who is faster than me.

I can't wait to see the adults -- I know I will love them, because birdz! -- but I want to know what they look like and read their descriptions.

Seconded, here. I've been lurking around for five-minute and quarter-hourly drops as well as the hourly, and I'd say that the new eggs dropping could be qualified as "common." They go extremely fast, though, and there is the occasional five-minute drop without any of the new Xenos. Demand is creating an incredible click-rate.

I haven't seen a single "flow" egg in-cave, though. The trading is looking crazy for them, too. I wonder how the rarities will wash out in the end.

i really enjoy taking my time hunting for dragons, but i know there are people who like to be the first to have them. i like that the playing field is pretty even and whoever happens to grab an egg has that dragon. this game is very fun like that. everyone can get what they want eventually. and the fact that there is no pay wall or pay to play elements is amazing ! 

While I've not seen a single flow egg - the volcano keeps trying to give me more Xenos from it (seen more in that biome in the last few hours than any other).

Congrats to all who have gotten flows/full sets of Xenos...and best of luck to those still trying to get then (I'm with you on the flows)

To those of you stressed, i'm not gonna tell you to relax or clam down or all those other things. There is only one valid response to people being upset and that response was coined by a grand-fatherly figure of immense wisdom and compassion, he was an equal to ghandi in many ways:

livememe.com - Emperor Palpatine - Good, Good, Let The Hate Flow ...

The dark side will set you free, just dew it!

Feel free to criticize if you feel there is something wrong with the site, become my apprentices, find solidarity with others having your problems, help me take over the galaxy and usher in an age of darkness, know that your feelings are valid, harness your hate and use it to destroy the jedi, and practice self care and self love :).

Edited by blockEdragon

I finally saw a 'flow' egg in the Cave for the first time about an hour ago.  Of course I didn't catch it, but I saw it.

@blockEdragon don't tempt me to force-lightning the next person who tries to steal a flow out from under me. 😉

I'm getting realllly good at clicking right next to/around/above new release eggs. YAY

… Maybe the dark side will give me better reflexes. 

Please keep on topic, guys - posts containing nothing but memes do not contribute to the topic. The topic is the new dragons. Head over to suggestions for ... suggestions on how releases can be tweaked. 

I'm kind of excited that there was a secret 7th egg drop and am looking forward to catching it. 

Who will help me with a name of flow? 

Sorts beetwen spotted ans stone. 

According to description I would think about something related to "unsocial" or "self independent" but don't know english well enough to find "s" words for it ;)

i tried procoging my flow hatchlings and two of mine are girls

couldnt check the third but i wanted to ask if anyone else has done the same and if theyve gotten males? (i forgot to influence my eggs so rip i might have to trade one of my flows for a male flow)

edit: turns out i had three aeons but all my babies are girls so are they female only or am i just really unlucky? XD

Edited by KaitoDragon6248

ive seen a cb gold and a cb silver (didnt catch either T_T) today but havent seen a single flow since release. its insane how rare they seem to be, let alone catching them

3 minutes ago, KaitoDragon6248 said:

couldnt check the third but i wanted to ask if anyone else has done the same and if theyve gotten males? (i forgot to influence my eggs so rip i might have to trade one of my flows for a male flow)

Mine is apparently also a girl. But I only have the one. So I don't mind. 

6 minutes ago, KaitoDragon6248 said:

edit: turns out i had three aeons but all my babies are girls so are they female only or am i just really unlucky? XD

Tjs are male. And it was posted earlier that they can be influenced.

14 minutes ago, Spirulina said:

Who will help me with a name of flow? 

Sorts beetwen spotted ans stone. 

According to description I would think about something related to "unsocial" or "self independent" but don't know english well enough to find "s" words for it ;)

Maybe something meaning old or origin that starts with S. Xenowyrms seem to have vaguely greek, and titan-y names so mythology, especially Greek, might be a good start.

One titan name that might fit is Styx 

Part of me I doubts that these have anything in common considering that these are almost certainly neutral-mana, not death but it's not impossible since the river was just what the souls crossed over to get to the afterlife, Thanos or Hades could be seen as closer to death itself.

The river styx is usually associated with death and would probably better fit the death mana wyrm but death is also arguably the fairest of all forces, everyone succumbs to it and everyone had to pay the same toll to cross the river so there's a certain neutrality to that imagery if you look at it a certain way. The river Styx (which the titan was the godess of) also imbued invulnerability and when god swore in it they HAD to keep their word, so the river styx was something even the gods (the titans where basically gods) respected, and it was the divider between the afterlife and the living, that might mean something for a wyrm this (seemingly) special.

It's a bit of a stretch but worth mentioning I guess.

Edited by blockEdragon