TJ09

2019-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:

What am I supposed to make with 21 grains? 

A whoooole lotta cabbage roll and no bake cookies! XD

Yeah - must look into that cabbage roll myself....

8 minutes ago, Tiki G said:

A whoooole lotta cabbage roll and no bake cookies! XD

XD

I'll try those when I'm back on my laptop! Thanks!

I've decided my cooking goal is to make 1 of every red-star dish, so that my ingredients list is filled with red-star ones, and then take screenshots of that whole list. .... I don't know why, just seemed like a good goal to keep me busy, lol.

That's where I'm aiming. Except the yam stuffed shrooms. DON'T. They make mess.

9 hours ago, meruru said:

Fruit 20      Water 10

Yeast 7      Flour 24

Eggs 39     Milk 19

Sugar 30    Cocoa Beans 6

Ice 11         Spices 10

Herbs 7      Mushrooms 5

Nuts 6        Poultry 2

Meat 9       Vegetables 12

Grain 3

Now if only they would drop proportionally!  SO frustrating!  Thanks for that list, though.  I know what to save up and what I can grind away to get candy.

@Sashimi @Aqub  @olympe @Malcorium @Dohaerys @Tiki G  Those are amazing!  Who can I hire to do my wreath with a horse head? LOL

I have 8 grain, 7 herbs, 10 ice, 6 meat, 6 milk, 6 poultry, 8 yeast, and 5 nuts.

And not much to go with them. XD

I just...

want some fruits and eggs, (and yes, more sugar but at least I saw a sugar today, I haven't see fruit or eggs at all)

Anyone else thinking that sugar is a bit of a myth? I've been getting some reports done on my laptop during these winter holidays, and even though I keep refreshing the cave periodically I am yet to see the ellusive sugar.

I just got a sugar and promptly cooked it up into gingerbread.  Which also runs me out of eggs again (I had 1).

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

That's where I'm aiming. Except the yam stuffed shrooms. DON'T. They make mess.

It works, but you have to use the preparation recipe instead of the oven one ;)

2 hours ago, Sashimi said:

I have 11 herbs, what I'm gonna do with this? xD

I'd be tempted to bust out the pipe and smoke em' :D

20 minutes ago, agajol said:

It works, but you have to use the preparation recipe instead of the oven one ;)

REALLY ? OK - when I have more STUFF I'll try again !

2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

REALLY ? OK - when I have more STUFF I'll try again !

just tested and it works! 😁

Finally got to make a Gingerbread house!  Now to focus on my WREATH until tomorrow, when baking will again award candy!  I think I'm gonna need to unlock everything to get my wreath right. 

1 hour ago, Emerald01 said:

Okay, who wants to help me figure out how to make THIS in my wreath?

Reveal hidden contents

MTL5m3b.jpg

General ideas:

• For the body, use the small red baubles from the baubles section. Right to left, so the highlights are coverd. Top to bottom, so the darkest shadows are covered row by row. If necessary (for the coloring, mostly), add the occasional red ribbon for darker shades and use the orange baubles instead of the red ones for highlights.
  • The hair is going to be hard to re-create, especially in red. If you insist on the color, try to use that feather-like thingy from the plants and ribbons section in combination with the flower from the red section. Add some red ribbons for good measure if you feel like it. Or, if the color isn't as important to you: Use that plant-like thingy from the gold section (3rd from the right) for a feathery look...
  • Electricity: The musical instruments just might work here...
  • Eye: There's that beautiful black bauble that's perfect for eyes. If you want, you can even try to do the eye line (?) / lid with them, then cover most of the black up to reduce it to a mere line. Put either some orange or some white baubles (small) in the middle, then the black bauble on top.

5 minutes ago, olympe said:

General ideas:

• For the body, use the small red baubles from the baubles section. Right to left, so the highlights are coverd. Top to bottom, so the darkest shadows are covered row by row. If necessary (for the coloring, mostly), add the occasional red ribbon for darker shades and use the orange baubles instead of the red ones for highlights.
  • The hair is going to be hard to re-create, especially in red. If you insist on the color, try to use that feather-like thingy from the plants and ribbons section in combination with the flower from the red section. Add some red ribbons for good measure if you feel like it. Or, if the color isn't as important to you: Use that plant-like thingy from the gold section (3rd from the right) for a feathery look...
  • Electricity: The musical instruments just might work here...
  • Eye: There's that beautiful black bauble that's perfect for eyes. If you want, you can even try to do the eye line (?) / lid with them, then cover most of the black up to reduce it to a mere line. Put either some orange or some white baubles (small) in the middle, then the black bauble on top.

Wow, That's a lot of amazing advice!  I got an outline and basic fill going using the pine cone looking thing in the plants and ribbons section. There are, at this point, a few hundred of those suckers overlapping in layers to get the more solid areas, and then the shading kind of works are the edges with the overlapping stems serving as another shaded area.  I keep having to go back over it to get the shaping right, so it's taking a LOT of them.  The worst part is that I am SO impatient.  I want things to just GO! LOL  But if I hadn't seen your Rudolph, I wouldn't have even thought of it.  I'm not sure whether to thank you or curse you!  😘

EDIT: Also, I still have a bunch of things I've yet to unlock, so this could take days!

Edited by Emerald01

The red section also has a bunch of usable stuff for the horse! Maybe not care about the shape of  a decoration so much, just go for the colors at first? You can pile them up on top of each other and make them look how u want.

I wish we had another wreath to decorate, so many ideas! :D

Oh golly. I can barely handle the one I have now! But yeah, for you advanced artists, that would probably be fun.  But that's why I like capturing them.  Then I can keep them forever!

12 hours ago, meruru said:

I have counted all the basic ingredients we need in order to cook all the 40 star recipes once, i'll post it here in case anyone needs it.

Fruit 20      Water 10

Yeast 7      Flour 24

Eggs 39     Milk 19

Sugar 30    Cocoa Beans 6

Ice 11         Spices 10

Herbs 7      Mushrooms 5

Nuts 6        Poultry 2

Meat 9       Vegetables 12

Grain 3

sometimes I wish we had an ingredient trade system just to get the ingredients i'm missing RNG is not kind to me :(

I feel that some of the normal recipes that require more ingredients should rewards us with more candy points, chocolate needs 4 ingredients but we are only awarded with 10 points which feels kinda

unfair since i'm struggling to meet the 300 daily quota.

I wonder if we still can get the pumpkin pie badge for those who missed the event when it first released.

by the way, i'm not complaining or anything, this is just my random thoughts i'm actually having fun XD 

You are an amazing person and I absolutely appreciate you!

30 sugar?!? :blink:

And only 3 grain?

Yup, lots of cabbage coming up...

XD

I got my days muddled and went looking for TJ's adults today. Silly me.