Keileon

Egg Freezing - The Simple Solution

On 5/23/2021 at 12:15 AM, Paradisiske said:

Lastly, these are sprites. Beautiful artwork but not a living thing. The morals and ethics towards real life animals does not apply to this game. Otherwise inbreeding would have been actively blocked by the game imo. 

I agree with you in them being pixels and so on.

But just want to point out, that inbreeding is common in breeding animals. Especially in line bred dogs, horses, cats, etc. you can find the same ancestors several times in their family trees. And with reptiles it is even more common to breed siblings. Outcrossing is needed at some point, but you can go a few generations with inbreeding without any harm to the animals.

3 hours ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

I agree with you in them being pixels and so on.

But just want to point out, that inbreeding is common in breeding animals. Especially in line bred dogs, horses, cats, etc. you can find the same ancestors several times in their family trees. And with reptiles it is even more common to breed siblings. Outcrossing is needed at some point, but you can go a few generations with inbreeding without any harm to the animals.

Yes I am aware of line breeding but that's for specific genetics and it's still frowned upon in general. This game pays no attention to genetics :)

Here's an idea, add a BSA that allows a dragon to gather the shell fragments of a recently hatched egg [give it a short cool down of a day since it doesn't affect anything really]

Sort of like how you can only enrage an Aegis with a dead egg on your scroll...you can only do this with a recently hatched s1 on your scroll.

You pick the BSA dragon, and (like stun) see a list of hatchlings. Whichever hatchling you pick is the one who the BSA dragon cGathers up the shell fragments, which you put back together with magic, making a replica of the egg."

This way:

1. Egg gets to hatch

2. Player gets the sprite and could have unlimited sprites of eggs thanks to the BSA

3. A breed might get a little more love from the community for gaining a BSA

All in all, I would still like a way to preserve eggs on my scroll [and frozen egg isn't out of the realm of possibility given that thay is what the leetle tree is classified as] 

1 hour ago, ShorahNagi said:

Here's an idea, add a BSA that allows a dragon to gather the shell fragments of a recently hatched egg [give it a short cool down of a day since it doesn't affect anything really]

Sort of like how you can only enrage an Aegis with a dead egg on your scroll...you can only do this with a recently hatched s1 on your scroll.

You pick the BSA dragon, and (like stun) see a list of hatchlings. Whichever hatchling you pick is the one who the BSA dragon cGathers up the shell fragments, which you put back together with magic, making a replica of the egg."

This way:

1. Egg gets to hatch

2. Player gets the sprite and could have unlimited sprites of eggs thanks to the BSA

3. A breed might get a little more love from the community for gaining a BSA

All in all, I would still like a way to preserve eggs on my scroll [and frozen egg isn't out of the realm of possibility given that thay is what the leetle tree is classified as] 

There are multiple topics involving jumping through hoops to get egg sprites. Including this version. This topic is for extending the freeze function we already have to eggs.

I honestly don't understand why its a "problem that needs to be solved". There is no hatchling until the sprite changes from an egg.  Both are pixels. Freezing an egg doesn't involve killing a hatchling because it doesn't actually exist except as lore. It's just another piece of art that people would like to display. And have been asking about since at least early 2008.  I don't believe there is any suggestion that has been floating around for this long without being implemented. Why?

I love some of the egg sprites and would love to have them on my scroll, so yes I am okay with freezing eggs and would love to have that available as an option.

4 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

It's just another piece of art that people would like to display. And have been asking about since at least early 2008.  I don't believe there is any suggestion that has been floating around for this long without being implemented. Why?

Very much this. I don't understand why this hasn't been done yet. It opens up another whole group of sprites to collect and I don't know anything about coding but it seems like since we can freeze hatchies, that it should be fairly straightforward to extend to eggs. At this point I just want an answer: yes, it's coming or no, never going to happen. 

Bumping this again because we have two new pretty eggs we're missing out on being able to keep forever. 

1 hour ago, Chaosdawn said:

PLEASE. Even just a yes or no. PLEASE. I need the eggies. 

This. At this point I'd be glad to just have an actual response to this suggestion, even if it's 'nope this won't be happening'. I have literally wanted this for as long as I've been playing, well over a decade now, but the fact we haven't gotten any actual response means I just keep hoping without having any clue if it's even an option. There are some amazing egg sprites in this game, especially in the past few years' new releases, it would be so wonderful to actually be able to collect those sprites the same way we do all the other sprites. 

Again, yes please!!  I really want some permanent Venturis and Pharos eggs sitting on my scroll, please;;

12 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

This. At this point I'd be glad to just have an actual response to this suggestion, even if it's 'nope this won't be happening'. I have literally wanted this for as long as I've been playing, well over a decade now, but the fact we haven't gotten any actual response means I just keep hoping without having any clue if it's even an option. There are some amazing egg sprites in this game, especially in the past few years' new releases, it would be so wonderful to actually be able to collect those sprites the same way we do all the other sprites. 

This. I don't really mind that much, but it would be good to know, one way or the other. The best (and most obvious, to me) way would just be to allow eggs to be frozen, and keep the freeze limit/cooldown as it is.

On 6/1/2021 at 9:42 PM, ShorahNagi said:

This sounds really good! I don't like freezing so I'd vote for this option.

Not everything needs to be a bsa and making it a bsa over just using the freeze option is just over complicating this. 

On 6/18/2019 at 4:34 AM, Keileon said:

Also, let's... please not get this confused for the "saving eggshells" suggestion that's been tossed around in the thread; this thread is JUST for the concept of simply freezing growing eggs as we would a hatchling, thus preventing the egg from hatching. In that case, the eggs would definitely stay on the scroll like frozen hatchlings do, and not be relegated to a badge for no particular reason.

Quoting as a reminder and for relevance.

Would still love to see egg freezing become a thing. And no bending over backwards with weird or unnecessary mechanics to do it, just a freeze option. 

Honestly? "Saving" the egg shells after hatching the egg is basically double-dipping. Getting two sprites for one. And a new code would have to be generated for one of them. 

Freezing is simple and not "cheating" to get twice the sprites for half the work. 

2 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

Honestly? "Saving" the egg shells after hatching the egg is basically double-dipping. Getting two sprites for one. And a new code would have to be generated for one of them. 

Freezing is simple and not "cheating" to get twice the sprites for half the work. 

Very good point.

This really isn't a complicated suggestion and doesn't need to be a complicated thing at all. We literally already have a freezing mechanic, why on earth would a brand-new complicated/limited mechanic be needed at all? If you don't like freezing hatchlings, don't freeze hatchlings. If you don't like freezing hatchlings but would like the egg sprites permanently on your scroll, only use 'freeze' for the eggs. If you don't want to use it at all, then don't. But there is no reason to make this a new/complicated thing when we have the exact mechanic in the game already. 

Exactly! The whole point of this suggestion was to keep it simple. Just use the freeze action we already have and extend it to eggs. No need for new and complicated mechanisms!

I've wanted this since I started playing. Will we ever get a response on if this will even be considered or not? 

No thanks, I don't want to see my dragons "view children" list filled with eggs. It's bad enough seeing frozen hatchlings in there. 

No support unless we get the option to "disown" frozen eggs/hatchlings. 

1 hour ago, Cryinglightning505 said:

No thanks, I don't want to see my dragons "view children" list filled with eggs. It's bad enough seeing frozen hatchlings in there.  

Oh my - that I would NOT like. Frozen eggs should not show up in the progeny list.

40 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Oh my - that I would NOT like. Frozen eggs should not show up in the progeny list.

I don't think it would bother me any more than seeing frozen hatchies, Vampires, NDs, or Undeads -- all of which I have represented somewhere among my dragons' progeny.

2 hours ago, Cryinglightning505 said:

No support unless we get the option to "disown" frozen eggs/hatchlings. 

@Fuzzbucket

Then don't breed and abandon. Once an egg leaves your scroll then that's it. People can bite it, nd it, freeze it or zombie it or name it "stupid ugly messy loser"

Egg freezing should happen. What people choose to freeze is out of your control.