Keileon

Egg Freezing - The Simple Solution

Full suport for this!

My heart cryes that I can't freeze the beautiful Pyralspite and Shimer eggs. I adore them

I love this as I collect every stage (baby hatchling, female dragon, Female hatchling, male dragon, male hatchling, etc for ungendered too) I would love to be able to collect the eggs too..

-Maybe have it take 3 to 4 days for eggs to freeze (as long as it takes them to hatch) to be fair.

-Make them nameable plzzzz.

-Maybe a separate freeze limit. Whatever works really.

-Movable on scroll and free to view publicly.

I would love this, plz do this ❤

Also if you raise the GoN limit to 6 for everyone then whoever wants to could have a chance at having egg, baby hatchie, female adult, female hatchie, male adult, male hatchie..

It would be awesome! Why is there a limit anyways? Just curious.

41 minutes ago, Trystenjade said:

I love this as I collect every stage (baby hatchling, female dragon, Female hatchling, male dragon, male hatchling, etc for ungendered too) I would love to be able to collect the eggs too..

-Maybe have it take 3 to 4 days for eggs to freeze (as long as it takes them to hatch) to be fair.

37 minutes ago, Trystenjade said:

Also if you raise the GoN limit to 6 for everyone then whoever wants to could have a chance at having egg, baby hatchie, female adult, female hatchie, male adult, male hatchie..

It would be awesome! Why is there a limit anyways? Just curious.

Nope, not what this thread is about. No complications like the 3 day thing, no separate freeze limit, no in-depth GoN limit raising stuff as I just brought that up to nip the argument in the bud. Everything else can be hashed out after we get the actual feature.

+1 Lets just drop the fuss and allow eggs to be frozen. I'd rather the eggs not loose their cracks because some eggs have really cool cracking sequences.

100% absolute support on this and amen to the morality issue! Never understood why it is considered taboo to freeze or kill any of your pixel dragons, but to each their own. What anyone does with their dragons on my scroll is none of my business and the same goes for me.

My perfectionist self has wanted to freeze eggs since I started seriously collecting.

Keeping cracks would be more consistent with how frozen hatchlings currently work- freeze w/out wings, stay w/out wings; freeze w/ wings, keep wings.  So hopefully that happens.

And yeah, support.

I definitely support this. I started this game back in 2015 but didn’t learn a whole lot and then took a few hiatuses so when I came back recently I was wondering if we could freeze eggs because there are some I really like! I think if we can freeze hatchies in a simple manner then freezing eggs should be the same, perhaps with their own freezing limits or a small extension to the one we already have for hatchies. Frozen eggs would make good dividers in a scroll too.

On 7/3/2019 at 9:35 PM, Pilauli said:

Keeping cracks would be more consistent with how frozen hatchlings currently work- freeze w/out wings, stay w/out wings; freeze w/ wings, keep wings.  So hopefully that happens.

And yeah, support.

I would love to be able to freeze each crack stage, that said I would settle for only one egg sprite per breed over no egg freeze at all!

Support. Given what we can do to thinking, feeling dragons (I still avoid killing unnecessarily, I hate that message!), I've never gotten the "moral" issue over the eggs. 

Cracking sequence would be really nice, too. 

Cheers!
C4. 

On 7/1/2019 at 10:29 PM, Trystenjade said:

I fully support freezing eggs. 

Even before and during my hiatus I always thought it was completely unfair I couldn't "save" those gorgeous egg designs that must've taken the spriters quite a bit of time to make it just right. Why shouldn't I be able to save the results of their hard-earned labor? And to have a gorgeous collection of my own to boot?

I was actually coming on here initially to suggest a fabergé egg BSA of some kind, to make a "replica" of the egg if there was still any fuss over any "killing of pixel lives" as there had been before my hiatus. 

But a scroll ability to just freeze the eggs themselves, is the most preferred in my opinion. I know I would love what Trystenjade suggested, along with being able to capture the individual hatching sequences if I wanted, and to be treated like a leetle tree or frozen hatchie on my scroll once the egg was frozen. Also a scroll-wide ability, in addition to it being a separate freeze limit. 

But then again, those are merely my own personal preferences. The main thing I do want is the egg freezing, and if it's from the same freeze limit as the hatchies, unable to result in anything but a whole egg, and unnamable, limited to a BSA of some dragon or another, and the GON limit of three applies to them too... then that's fine! I just want the egg freezing ability, that's all. 

I won't touch the GON issue until well after I get any sort of egg freezing ability, be it a scroll-inherent ability or a BSA of a dragon that I would then need to collect a ton of to my satisfaction. 

Yes, please! My scroll isn't complete without a hoard of blusang lindwyrm eggs. The only argument I've heard against egg freezing amounts to "I don't want you to be able to play in a way I wouldn't play," and that's hardly a good reason for it not to happen.

Full support for this. I still can't bring myself to kill  but I do have a few frozen hatchies to celebrate the time and effort put in to the art by the  spriters when creating their art .I used to accept not freezing as an ephemeral part of dc dragon lives but now saving pixel lives by freezing hatchies that would otherwise die as ap eggs is something I enjoy and let's face it some of these hatchies are so cute. I love being able to visit them on my scroll. I would love to be able to freeze an egg or otherwise be able to have an egg on my scroll even if it was only one of each egg sprite. ( to be able to keep the Cracking sequence would be a welcome bonus especially with the more unusual variations)..

Full support.

Full support.

Heck yes I have always been on board with some manner of egg freezing. The eggs are so beautiful, and like 

Trystenjade mentioned, I, too, collect every stage of every dragon for the sake of (my version of) completeness.

I would love to be able able to add all of the lovely egg sprites to my collections as well. ☺️

Edit: I also support the idea that was put forward to summon an additional, frozen, GON egg. If there's a player

who doesn't want the frozen GON egg, they simply don't have to summon it, but those players who would like

to add the egg to their collection would be able to do so without having to sacrifice any of their existing GONs.

Edited by OMGitsKairi

Full Support.

Morality-wise, its simple: Just dont use it if you dont like it.

No reason to exclude pretty eggs when we can do the same to hatchlings.

Full support! I've wanted to keep all the beautiful eggs on my scroll since I joined years ago. Please please let us freeze eggs!

Yes please! There are so many eggs I want on my scroll permanently.

It would also give everyone another huge goal to work towards, if they wanted a frozen egg of each stage. More life into the game!

Don't like it, don't do it!

I've been wanting to freeze eggs for years, so I fully support! And I hope that we could choose the hatching stage at which to freeze. Personally, I would freeze most of the eggs with no cracks, but it would also be fun to freeze at various stages the eggs with special hatching sequences.

Friendly reminder that releasing Egg Freezing now would give us a fabulous activity to do with the current worldwide quarantine!