Keileon

Egg Freezing - The Simple Solution

1 hour ago, Trenzalore said:

I support this, and I agree with keeping what stage of cracking open the egg is in. I also agree that we don't need to worry about the GoN concept at this stage, let's just get freezing for eggs in general first.

However, contrary to the simplicity I prefer in at least getting the feature before working out harder details, here is another thing to ponder: what about the scroll limit of newly released holiday dragons? Should an egg count towards the scroll count of cb holidays? I think it should count, as another user said life is full of choices and that's a decision for each user to make. Anyone have a different take on this?

A frozen hatchling counts. A zombie made from one counts, why wouldn't a frozen egg? And I say that as some who does only have one adult of many breeds because I refuse to release my original hatchlings from when the limit was 2 period.

I like this idea. I like freezing messy hatchlings I like the look of and I'd love to do the same with eggs. I'd love a frozen vampire egg.

4 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

A frozen hatchling counts. A zombie made from one counts, why wouldn't a frozen egg? And I say that as some who does only have one adult of many breeds because I refuse to release my original hatchlings from when the limit was 2 period.

I'd forgotten about that limit as well.

I say, obviously then the GoN egg should also count in the limit, if such a frozen egg (and frozen hatchling) counts in the limit of 2 adult CBs of the holidays. After all, frozen hatchies of the GoN also count in the limit of 3. There shouldn't be a difference in terms of transferring that equal treatment to the GoN. I know it sucks to think of that limit, but it's what makes sense from multiple perspectives. 

2 hours ago, Indigo_Dragon said:

I'd forgotten about that limit as well.

I say, obviously then the GoN egg should also count in the limit, if such a frozen egg (and frozen hatchling) counts in the limit of 2 adult CBs of the holidays. After all, frozen hatchies of the GoN also count in the limit of 3. There shouldn't be a difference in terms of transferring that equal treatment to the GoN. I know it sucks to think of that limit, but it's what makes sense from multiple perspectives. 

Agreed. It sucks, but that's a choice people will have to make.

Regarding holidays, just treat them like hatchling freezes. CB frozens still count.

As it stands, same for GoNs, but if I said that in the first post I think we'd have quibbling over that limit, so I just think that any limits not specifically related to freezing should have their own thread-- GoNs and Holidays both.

Edited by Keileon

I play this game for 8 years and even before I joined the community was begging for egg sprites to be collectable . numerous suggestion threads and ideas created through all these years... 

'Till this day I don't understand why this wasn't implemented yet, since 99% of player base wants to adore and have egg sprites next to the adult dragons and  frozen hatchies..

Feels like a waste of breath after all this time really... The most wanted action in the game being ignored from admin for over 8 years...

Again asking for this, please please please can we freeze eggs? There's so many pretty eggs that artists created that can only be enjoyed for a short period of time and so many people who would like to enjoy them forever. 

Pretty please? Pleeease? I think it's sad that in a 'collecting game' effectively 1/4th of the sprites can't actually be 'collected' (1/4th in the sense of egg, s1 hatchie, s2 hatchie, adult, I know that's overly simplistic but...). There are so many beautiful eggs! This has been talked about for years and years with little response.

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

This has been talked about for years and years with little response.

Exactly, if it's never going to implemented, then I wish we would just be told no so I can mourn and move on. XD

I would love to collect and name the Xeno egg sprites. So, I would love to see the freeze mechanic extended to eggs.

I agree, it would be really great if we could get this implemented! Egg freezing would be amazing!

On 8/23/2020 at 11:19 AM, Chaosdawn said:

There's so many pretty eggs that artists created that can only be enjoyed for a short period of time and so many people who would like to enjoy them forever. 

^ This.  The spriters/artists put so much work into them that it's a shame we don't get to enjoy them on our scrolls for longer, And being able to see them in the egg identification guide on the Wiki or in the Dragon encyclopedia (provided you can even unlock them there!)  just isn't the same as having them on your scroll...

Absolute support for this. Xenowyrm eggs are super pretty. 

Also of the camp that we can figure out what else we want implemented once the feature is out (if it is, of course). 

i've seen this topic a few times and usually TJ shoots it down.

but i'll re suggest what i said before:
each time we hatch a dragon we get a piece of egg shell. and eventually we collect enough to make an egg. thus, no dragons are harmed and it gives another goal for collectors or a game task to do. things like the GONs can require less "shell" pieces then other dragons.

1 hour ago, reddof-f6 said:

each time we hatch a dragon we get a piece of egg shell. and eventually we collect enough to make an egg. thus, no dragons are harmed and it gives another goal for collectors or a game task to do. things like the GONs can require less "shell" pieces then other dragons.

Does TJ actually shoot the idea down, or do the threads just die out with no response? 

I'm fine with any way to implement frozen eggs. We aren't the ones who have to decide the final mechanics for implementing the frozen eggs, that's up to TJ and other admins. I just want some way to collect eggs, even if it's just uncracked ones.

I wish the idea would either be confirmed or put to rest already!

19 minutes ago, High Lord November said:

Does TJ actually shoot the idea down, or do the threads just die out with no response? 

iam pretty sure the last time i commented on a simular thread TJ def shot the idea right down, absolutely no discussing with him. but this was years ago and i gotta hunt it down, if it still exists.

EDIT: yeah i checked my activity and couldn't find it. even searching for "freeze" & "egg" between DEC 2019 allll the way back to jan 1st 2010 didn't bring up anything for me. so unfortunately i cant find what TJ may have said in that one thread. (or ANY egg freeze thread)

but from what i remember he didn't say much just basically "it cant be done, too much work" of some sort. then when people asked him again on why, he never replied back and basically the thread shriveled up an died right after since it didn't look like they were gonna get anywhere. 😟

Edited by reddof-f6
added info

I intentionally didn't mention the "shards of eggshell" idea because that isn't what I'm suggesting. There's no need to complicate it by throwing extra mechanics on top of it. There's a reason I call this thread "the simple solution", and that's because all I'm suggesting is just to freeze eggs like we can freeze hatchlings.

4 hours ago, Keileon said:

I intentionally didn't mention the "shards of eggshell" idea because that isn't what I'm suggesting. There's no need to complicate it by throwing extra mechanics on top of it. There's a reason I call this thread "the simple solution", and that's because all I'm suggesting is just to freeze eggs like we can freeze hatchlings.

Agreed. I think a lot of the older 'egg-freezing' suggestion threads got bogged down in too many details and caveats and restrictions. It doesn't need to be complicated like that. We already *have* a very simple freezing mechanic in-game that works just fine, it's literally already a thing in the game. Just extend that same mechanic to eggs. Simple. 

5 hours ago, reddof-f6 said:

iam pretty sure the last time i commented on a simular thread TJ def shot the idea right down, absolutely no discussing with him. but this was years ago and i gotta hunt it down, if it still exists.

EDIT: yeah i checked my activity and couldn't find it. even searching for "freeze" & "egg" between DEC 2019 allll the way back to jan 1st 2010 didn't bring up anything for me. so unfortunately i cant find what TJ may have said in that one thread. (or ANY egg freeze thread)

but from what i remember he didn't say much just basically "it cant be done, too much work" of some sort. then when people asked him again on why, he never replied back and basically the thread shriveled up an died right after since it didn't look like they were gonna get anywhere. 😟

I think I remember there being some discussion on morality, but honestly we can kill hatchlings and full-grown dragons, smash eggs, neglect eggs, try to force them from their egg prematurely, have them be bit by vampires... and get rewarded for doing so. Egg freezing is nothing.

Edited by High Lord November

10 hours ago, Keileon said:

6 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Agreed. I think a lot of the older 'egg-freezing' suggestion threads got bogged down in too many details and caveats and restrictions. It doesn't need to be complicated like that. We already *have* a very simple freezing mechanic in-game that works just fine, it's literally already a thing in the game. Just extend that same mechanic to eggs. Simple. 

Exactly this. Please no things like collecting pieces of shell and the rest.

There was one morality-free thread suggesting creating replica eggs from stone....

And I found two older ones:

just popping in to voice my support for this. I would love to collect frozen eggies

14 hours ago, reddof-f6 said:

I only remember him doing so once, and it was long enough ago to have been lost in the server crash that lost some old topics. He reason was "but what about the hatchling inside?" And not liking that essentially said hatchling never gets to live at all. 

This is the reason so many egg freezing topics look for creative ways to get the egg without "killing" the hatchling. Though I feel the increase in the ability to make zombies and all the added sprites says the site has moved to a more "kill" friendly space. To my knowledge he's never really commented on any other egg freezing topic. And I've followed and added my support to all of them.