Keileon

Egg Freezing - The Simple Solution

20 minutes ago, schenanigans said:

I am not a fan of Easter egg basket suggestion. Just let me collect them alongside my other dragons and freezies.

I did take that on board - that was why I said make them LIKE Easter eggs but show them on your scroll. That said - where would they display ? Eggs at the top they'd mix in with all your other eggs....

9 hours ago, Charu said:

I think you two are both underestimating the ratios. It has been shown that 1 person can influence ratios long term, let alone if there was a forum campaign to say mass breed, then mass freeze a common.

That one person has SPENT years into it breeding OVER a 1,000 eggs to try and make blacktip ratios less painful. Egg freezing has NO relation to this. Because those eggs were bred they now exist for the ratios. They can be hatched and frozen or grown into adults. It would make virtually no difference if some people decided to freeze some of those eggs instead. 

Because we have a limited number of freeze slots and this user is breeding over a 1,000 eggs at a time.

@Fuzzbucket If you're talking about the sorting option, it's 'eggs and unfrozen hatchlings' at the top, so it would just have to be 'unfrozen eggs and hatchlings'. Frozen hatchlings are already their own category and sort separately from growing things in age sort for example. I imagine frozen eggs would be the same. 

I'm not sure I understand the suggestion about making them like easter eggs if they're on our scrolls, how would that work then? As in, what would be the difference from just having them as a frozen egg (like the leetle trees display now)?

Edited by MissK.

58 minutes ago, MissK. said:

@Fuzzbucket If you're talking about the sorting option, it's 'eggs and unfrozen hatchlings' at the top, so it would just have to be 'unfrozen eggs and hatchlings'. Frozen hatchlings are already their own category and sort separately from growing things in age sort for example. I imagine frozen eggs would be the same. 

I'm not sure I understand the suggestion about making them like easter eggs if they're on our scrolls, how would that work then? As in, what would be the difference from just having them as a frozen egg (like the leetle trees display now)?

Good point in terms of scroll sorting. I still don't want them to show up in my progeny list, though. However that can best be achieved.

I’m past due on lunch so I can’t read too far back, but why should frozen eggs show up in progeny? If possible, removing an egg from a progeny list would be fine, as an egg is a bit different than something like a hatchling.

I’m also still really for this, I would love to collect the eggs of all dragon breeds.

Personally I wouldn't want eggs to act as 'badges' or otherwise separated from our main scroll- The whole point (imo) is finally being able to actually *collect* egg sprites the exact same way we collect frozen hatchlings and it would kind of defeat the whole idea of 'complete sprite set' if they were separated from our scroll. 

That said, after so many years I'll pretty much take anything if we can finally keep egg-sprites, no matter where in our scroll/account they end up. I honestly don't understand the negativity around this suggestion, it's literally already an in-game mechanic, being able to 'freeze' things to keep them at their current stage is literally already a thing (and actually the Leetle Tree is technically shown as a 'frozen egg' so...). Having frozen *eggs* in progeny lists or on scrolls is absolutely no different than having frozen *hatchlings* in the same places, it's just a different sprite. They work exactly the same way. 

I can understand the idea of having frozen eggs act like dead eggs in not showing certain places, but I really don't understand being against this suggestion on the basis of not wanting other people to freeze their own eggs because you might see them somewhere (like progeny lists), there has always been a 'your scroll your rules' in DC and that's shown in the ability to freeze hatchlings, kill/zombify dragons, etc, no matter where the dragon came from or what other dragons it might be connected to as long as it's on your scroll you can do whatever you want with it. This isn't a new radical idea, freezing eggs, it's literally just extending an already-existing mechanic and it still works under the 'your scroll your rules' that is present in every other aspect of DC. 

5 hours ago, Sextonator said:

I’m past due on lunch so I can’t read too far back, but why should frozen eggs show up in progeny? If possible, removing an egg from a progeny list would be fine, as an egg is a bit different than something like a hatchling.

I’m also still really for this, I would love to collect the eggs of all dragon breeds.

Exactly this.

4 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I can understand the idea of having frozen eggs act like dead eggs in not showing certain places, but I really don't understand being against this suggestion on the basis of not wanting other people to freeze their own eggs because you might see them somewhere (like progeny lists), there has always been a 'your scroll your rules' in DC and that's shown in the ability to freeze hatchlings, kill/zombify dragons, etc, no matter where the dragon came from or what other dragons it might be connected to as long as it's on your scroll you can do whatever you want with it. This isn't a new radical idea, freezing eggs, it's literally just extending an already-existing mechanic and it still works under the 'your scroll your rules' that is present in every other aspect of DC. 

You said it. My scroll, my rules. And I don't want to see frozen eggs in the progeny list on my scroll.

Please remember:

-It is unacceptable to attack others, even if they disagree with you. 

-It is unacceptable to call each other names. 

I don't know why there is some aggression from some participants in here, but that needs to stop. You cannot force anyone to agree with you or your stance (or with anyone/anything else).

Pro tips:

-If you are finding yourself getting worked up over the topic, LEAVE THE THREAD until you are able to be civil in your replies.

-If you feel you have been attacked or insulted or feel something is rude, DON'T REPLY,  JUST REPORT. Leave it to the mods; by continuing to provoke the situation, you are setting yourself up to be in trouble too.

I fully support the idea of freezing eggs! It would be great to collect the frozen egg sprites like we collect frozen hatchling sprites. :)

I honestly don’t mind seeing frozen eggs in my dragons’ progeny, similar to how I see frozen hatchlings. The reason is that I would at least like to know where the egg ended up; did it end up on someone’s scroll, or did it not get picked up? 

Love this idea and hopefully it is implemented! :iraptor:

8 hours ago, missy_ said:

I honestly don’t mind seeing frozen eggs in my dragons’ progeny, similar to how I see frozen hatchlings. The reason is that I would at least like to know where the egg ended up; did it end up on someone’s scroll, or did it not get picked up? 

If it died, it wouldn't show in your progeny for very long - an egg that dies naturally goes away.

11 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

You said it. My scroll, my rules. And I don't want to see frozen eggs in the progeny list on my scroll.

The progeny list is not based on what is on your scroll though. By that logic, someone who doesn't like unnamed dragons or hates zombies could also say "I don't want to see those on my progeny", but that's not how DC works. 

Regardless, personally I don't have a strong opinion about whether frozen eggs show or don't show in the progeny. Whatever makes it more likely for TJ to implement this lol.

23 hours ago, schenanigans said:

So you get to play the game the way that you want to and inhibit others from doing the same - you get to breed and abandon them because this is what you wish but the people who pick them up have to abide by your preferences? That's not how this works lol. You don't like what people do to your offspring, then don't put them in places that other people can obtain them to do said things. Off your scroll, no longer your say. Plain and simple. 

This is a collection game. It's a totally fair and reasonable request to be able to freeze eggs. We can obtain every other dragon sprite in the game regardless of stage. Otherwise by your logic freezing hatchlings (or even unbreedables) wouldn't be a thing if the entire point was raising and breeding, "living" or not.

I am not a fan of Easter egg basket suggestion. Just let me collect them alongside my other dragons and freezies.

"So you get to play the game the way that you want to and inhibit others from doing the same"

I can literally repeat most of what you said back to you. Why are you allowed an opinion on the suggestion but I'm not? It's like you're only allowed an opinion if you agree with the masses and you all gang up and try to silence anyone that disagrees with you.

What's the point of this form then? Why are people allowed to comment if the only comment you're allowed to say is "I agree"?

24 minutes ago, Cryinglightning505 said:

"So you get to play the game the way that you want to and inhibit others from doing the same"

I can literally repeat most of what you said back to you. Why are you allowed an opinion on the suggestion but I'm not? It's like you're only allowed an opinion if you agree with the masses and you all gang up and try to silence anyone that disagrees with you.

What's the point of this form then? Why are people allowed to comment if the only comment you're allowed to say is "I agree"?

The preference to not see frozen eggs in progenies I can understand and respect that. There have been alternatives to this discussed as well for people with this preference. No one is saying you aren't allowed an opinion - we are having a discussion.

The difference is that your preferences are for the way someone else plays the game, what they do on their scroll. Saying this shouldn't happen at all because of those preferences - is there no willingness to find a compromise? Don't want to freeze eggs? Nobody would be forcing you to. 

Edited by schenanigans

32 minutes ago, schenanigans said:

The preference to not see frozen eggs in progenies I can understand and respect that. There have been alternatives to this discussed as well for people with this preference. No one is saying you aren't allowed an opinion - we are having a discussion.

The difference is that your preferences are for the way someone else plays the game, what they do on their scroll. Don't want to freeze eggs? Nobody would be forcing you to. 

I'm fine with people freezing egg, I just don't want them freezing MY eggs. Accidental abandons happen to me now more than ever because of the new shumogas and cantors. It will say I have room for an egg when I actually don't because my dead eggs still count.

So there's no way to avoid people freezing my eggs and it's completely out of my control because I can't just ask for them back/to not be frozen. 

"Just stop breeding then" is a bad solution because one of the main attractions to this game is breeding. 

I said all this in my very first comment. I don't want egg freezing unless the eggs can be removed from progeny list.

Edited by Cryinglightning505

3 hours ago, MissK. said:

Regardless, personally I don't have a strong opinion about whether frozen eggs show or don't show in the progeny. Whatever makes it more likely for TJ to implement this lol.

Precisely this - as I said earlier I'm willing to suck up something I wouldn't particularly favor just to be able to freeze some eggies lol

2 hours ago, Xopwe said:

I'm fine with people freezing egg, I just don't want them freezing MY eggs. Accidental abandons happen to me now more than ever because of the new shumogas and cantors. It will say I have room for an egg when I actually don't because my dead eggs still count.

So there's no way to avoid people freezing my eggs and it's completely out of my control because I can't just ask for them back/to not be frozen. 

"Just stop breeding then" is a bad solution because one of the main attractions to this game is breeding. 

I said all this in my very first comment. I don't want egg freezing unless the eggs can be removed from progeny list.

You can't choose whether they kill, freeze, abandon or zombify them either - I can't actually see a difference there. You have never been able to ask for anything back and assume you will get it. Sorry - as a reason to be against it, that one doesn't wash. I have nothing against people freezing eggs (I doubt if I'd ever bother) but I just don't want o see them in my progeny lists. I suppose if it were rare enough - time will tell on that...

5 hours ago, Xopwe said:

It will say I have room for an egg when I actually don't because my dead eggs still count.

Please use this instead of your scroll statistics because this is actually accurate, dead eggs or not: https://dragcave.net/help/egglimits

You can access this by clicking your trophy or the Growing Dragons hyperlink.

5 hours ago, Xopwe said:

I'm fine with people freezing egg, I just don't want them freezing MY eggs.

They aren't *your* eggs. Accidental abandons happen, yes, but regardless they are no longer *your* eggs. People can do whatever they want with the eggs on *their* own scroll. A tip, if it really matters to you what happens to eggs you abandon (whether on purpose or on accident) it might be a good idea to just not check up on them. Some people outright smash eggs, some people kill adults or hatchlings to try to zombify, some people try to neglect... And that is their right, on their own dragons. If you don't want to see that on dragons you abandoned, just don't look at them. (I'm not trying to be rude or anything, I've literally had to learn that myself, it kind of hurts to see a really nice abandoned egg be outright killed so I learned long ago to just not look.)

Shadowdrake points out a very easy way to double-check your slots before breeding to avoid accidental abandons. With killed eggs taking up a slot for 24h sometimes it is hard to remember exactly when they stop taking up a slot or how many slots you *really* have left, but it's also very easy to double-check before breeding.

I would like egg-freezing because I've always felt it wrong that on a collecting game we literally can't 'collect' a whole subset of sprites. I think being able to freeze eggs would help with scroll-completion, and there are some *beautiful* eggs out there! Being against a suggestion is absolutely fine, though when someone expresses that it is common to discuss and trying to come to compromises so the suggestion might move forward while addressing concerns. But being against a suggestion because of accidental abandons isn't really a strong argument, since those eggs are no longer yours and people are already free to do anything with them. 

15 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

If it died, it wouldn't show in your progeny for very long - an egg that dies naturally goes away.

Fuzz, yes, I know. :) I meant if it was there in frozen form, I would know that it got picked up. But if things were set up so that frozen eggs were hidden under progeny, I wouldn’t know whether it was picked up and frozen by someone or whether it wasn’t picked up at all and just, as you said, naturally goes away.

What about GoNs? I love the egg sprite but how would people who have reached the summoning limit be able to get one to freeze? Or if they're not already at the limit then would freezing an egg count towards it like a frozen hatchling? Maybe a frozen GoN egg doesn't count towards the limit and if you've already reached it you can summon more but the eggs are auto-frozen if successful

1 hour ago, Chaos Rider said:

What about GoNs? I love the egg sprite but how would people who have reached the summoning limit be able to get one to freeze? Or if they're not already at the limit then would freezing an egg count towards it like a frozen hatchling? Maybe a frozen GoN egg doesn't count towards the limit and if you've already reached it you can summon more but the eggs are auto-frozen if successful

I would rather not complicate the thread with gons and cb holidays. Rather I think those should have their own threads of upping or completely removing those limits.

As it stands with those limits right now, I imagine that gon frozen egg will count towards the gon total limit.

2 hours ago, Chaos Rider said:

Since this suggestion is for the most simple 'egg-freezing' idea of just expanding the freeze mechanic we already have, I'd assume it would work the same way it currently does. Frozen hatchlings of GoNs (or CB holidays) count towards the limit, I don't see why this would be any different.

I like the idea of egg freezing because some of the eggs are just astonishing, but I'm getting slightly confused on whether the egg is considered dead or not? A frozen hatchling is a hatchling that doesn't age, but if an egg doesn't age that sounds just like a dead egg to me..

I kind of also don't want them on my progeny list, because I feel like they're dead as frozen egg shells

22 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

I like the idea of egg freezing because some of the eggs are just astonishing, but I'm getting slightly confused on whether the egg is considered dead or not? A frozen hatchling is a hatchling that doesn't age, but if an egg doesn't age that sounds just like a dead egg to me..

I kind of also don't want them on my progeny list, because I feel like they're dead as frozen egg shells

They would not be dead. You would just have the baby dragon inside the shell sleeping in it forever. Never aging and so never coming out of the egg.

11 minutes ago, Paradisiske said:

They would not be dead. You would just have the baby dragon inside the shell sleeping in it forever. Never aging and so never coming out of the egg.

Right, the thing is, would sleeping forever be considered dead? That's the literally the phrase I use to explain what "dead" mean to my little brother, it's pretty dead as far as I could tell honestly. 

Either way I like the idea of allowing us to collect egg sprites, I'm just kind of stuck on the in world concept XD