Keileon

Egg Freezing - The Simple Solution

Yeah exactly. There are a bunch of ways to do this without freezing the dragon inside, if that's still the main concern. Although a hatchling also doesn't get to live if I smash its egg or kill it using EQ, or kill it to turn into a zombie, or dies in the process of trying to get a Neglected. So either way there is a useable method that avoids issues and/or is already consistent with the rest of the game. Magic, eggshell collecting, BSA, straight up freezing eggs... It's not up to us to choose which method is used and honestly I don't really care which method is used, I just want to be able to collect all these gorgeous stones :( Also gives a brand new task for newer and older members alike. Over 200 eggs to collect, not even counting each stage of hatching if those happen to be available too! And if they were available, it'd be kinda fun to try and freeze the egg at the right moment. It seems like a natural next step for the game.

I mean, that was back when a zombie took up a permanent kill slot so you could never have more than 5. As I said, I feel the site has evolved since then.

Exactly, a lot has changed, people make neglecteds and zombies left and right now. Heck, we can talk about how to make neglecteds now!  

I don't care what mechanic is used either (although I would prefer just straight-up freezing like hatchlings), I just want to collect the pretty pretty eggs. 

Asking for this again, can we please have egg freezing? I want to keep all the pretty eggs. 

Are people imagining that frozen eggs would be like Leetle Trees, where you get one of each (since I imagine we wouldn't be able to name the frozen eggs...) or like dragons where you can freeze as many as you like of each breed? Either way, it would be super useful to have a permanent on-site place to view egg descriptions. Frozen eggs would be one way to preserve those descriptions somewhere so we could check them if we forget, so for that alone, I support this suggestion!

1 hour ago, Silverwatermist said:

Are people imagining that frozen eggs would be like Leetle Trees, where you get one of each (since I imagine we wouldn't be able to name the frozen eggs...) or like dragons where you can freeze as many as you like of each breed? Either way, it would be super useful to have a permanent on-site place to view egg descriptions. Frozen eggs would be one way to preserve those descriptions somewhere so we could check them if we forget, so for that alone, I support this suggestion!

I've never thought about frozen eggs being a way to check/remember descriptions, that's a great point!  

There has been talk of both ways, getting one of each or able to get however many you want. This thread specifically is trying to go for the simplest solution, tying egg-freezing to the hatchie-freezing we already have, so I would assume that like hatchie-freeze we'd be able to freeze however many eggs we have open freeze-slots for at the time. 

Not sure if I've posted in here before but pleeeease. So many of the eggs are beautiful and I'd love to "complete" my collections. :<

100% full support. Even if it involved something lore friendly like collecting egg shells and using a magic spell to restore an egg... 

Ever since I've seen the Elux Lucis egg I've wanted this feature so bad. 🥺 I am voting in favor for this, please. There are so many pretty eggs I would also love to collect! 

I've wanted this since I first laid eyes on the Blusang Lindwyrm egg, six years ago when I first joined the site. Please, just let us have this. :'c

I would be interested!  Whether it was done through a straightforward "Freeze" just like hatchlings, or some other mechanism.

Maybe it could be an action akin to 'kill' or 'bite' or 'earthquake' - you use magic to teleport the dragon out of the egg to keep it intact for preservation, with a small chance that the hatchling is accidentally teleported farther than you intended (it ends up in the AP, like a repulsed vampire egg) and a small chance that your spell is too strong and breaks the egg (forced hatching, basically).  Perhaps the opposite of EQ, in that it has to be done before there are cracks to have a chance of working.

Possible names: "Preserve Egg" or "Extract"?

I would honestly rather avoid getting into new actions/BSAs in this thread as my intention is just for the simplest variant, just using Freeze on an egg to prevent it from hatching just like how freezing a hatchling prevents it from growing up. Not to say that BSAs and actions are a bad idea, it's just not what I'm aiming for with this thread.

Asking again if we can please have the option to freeze eggs. Need to collect all the pretty eggs!

Personally, after looking back over this thread - what if, after raising X amount of a certain breed, a frozen 'egg' of that kind is added to your scroll? [Lore based - you've collected enough shell fragments to recreate an empty egg in perfect form]

Course the problem with this is limited eggs of some breeds [Guardian of Natures and maybe upside-down Mints] - but maybe these breeds could be done with the above method (GoN frozen egg comes after the third successful Summon [if you have 3 already - it just appears] and upside-down mint if you win one)

Any way it's done, I'm all for collecting the egg sprites as well

Voicing support again. Yes please. Imagine all the new things to collect. Whatever way it's implemented, it would be a huge new task for old and new players alike. Give me more to collect!

1 hour ago, ShorahNagi said:

Personally, after looking back over this thread - what if, after raising X amount of a certain breed, a frozen 'egg' of that kind is added to your scroll? [Lore based - you've collected enough shell fragments to recreate an empty egg in perfect form]

Not OK by me (and it wouldn't impact me at all, so no sour grapes here !) - but that's not kind to those who - for instance - only collect single pairs of things. It should be that old chestnut - a level playing field.

I also wouldn't think most players would want anything automatic. There are quite a few eggs that wouldn't interest me at all. More fun, anyway, to work for them, - as November says - "more to collect" - not to have drop by a miracle.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

On 2/22/2021 at 9:11 PM, Keileon said:

I would honestly rather avoid getting into new actions/BSAs in this thread as my intention is just for the simplest variant, just using Freeze on an egg to prevent it from hatching just like how freezing a hatchling prevents it from growing up. Not to say that BSAs and actions are a bad idea, it's just not what I'm aiming for with this thread.

Agree that simplest is best. Just please let us freeze eggs!

I'd absolutely support a nice simple extension of the existing Freeze scroll action to eggs, exactly as-is. The only modification that need be specified IMO is the retention of the 5 hour cooldown from fresh eggs.

There's so many beautiful eggs I'd love to collect.

With the mention of descriptions, I love the idea of having a frozen egg as a way to remember descriptions! I support.

Edit: and if the frozen egg showed ALL biomes the dragon can come from. With 250+ breeds it’s hard to remember how to obtain them all!

Edited by Sextonator

The people who have issues with freezing already don't freeze hatchlings. I don't see why a simple freeze action can't be extended to eggs. Would love for that to become an option 

support.

Just allow the freeze action onto eggs. We already have it for hatchies. Gives people more to do so the site has more active players.

People have a limit on freeze slots they can do before cooldown so its not like someone can just empty out the cave 24/7 freezing eggs.

If you dont want to freeze then dont! No one is forcing other people to freeze.

I would prefer being able to freeze eggs at the different stages of cracking but its fine if freezing will automatically make it revert to uncracked sprite.

This is a very good suggestion for the game and helps breathe more life into the playerbase without depending on a new release. Plus picking up those common eggs helps out the ratios.