Keileon

Egg Freezing - The Simple Solution

Support, no egg Freeze only blocks all sprite collecting players from playing their playstyle in full.

If anyone's bothered by a good old Freeze for eggs, maybe think of Frozen eggs as eggs in Eragon - Freezing made them wait for their rider, infinitely if nevessary. Just the rider will never be born on DC, or will never get in contact with the Frozen egg. If I remember well, blocked Eragon dragons could still sense quite a lot about the environment around the egg, and were technically Frozen eggs. There you go, a pleasant headcanon idea you needed, you're welcome!

Limited breeds need limits gone or upped a lot indeed, (minimally to 6 to make up for 3 Avatars without the current forcing players to give up monogamy to make a pair of each Avatar without trading and risking a deadline, which actually happened to my wife after she bred from-trade Avatars a lot:/ anyway, separate suggestion!) but yes, as it is now, Frozen things count for the limits and I see no difference between S2, S1 and egg here, they are literally the same thing, and we can't summon a 4th even straight to AP.  So yes, separate anti limits suggestions welcome, but this is not it. Still, the OP would only give us an extra argument against the curent limts, so even more support from me!

PS would only be logical if Freezing eggs carried over the zombiefy mechanic as well, pretty much to work exactly like frozen hatchlings in all aspects, which is in the spirit of OP's suggestion. Would be weird if eggs were any different just here while they are not any different for literally anything else.
(before anyone is a"but how zombie eggs could look", there are at least 2 ways: they could remind of the last cracking stage with expanded cracks as if the shell was pulled back and have the staring eyes in the hole and be unique only for breeding groups, or even be creepy semi developed embryos if that's ok for this game, as those could show bodytypes. There are ways but please don't expand on this part here!)
I'm not into zombies, but including frozen eggs into that as well would be the only appropiate thing.

Simple Freeze as is expanded to include eggs would be best.

Support. Maybe some text like “You cast a spell on the egg, and the hatchling within now has no need to hatch.” To imply that the baby dragon is not being killed.

i know this thread is years old, but i fully support! i'd love to be able to display frozen egg sprites on my scroll and it's a shame that we currently can't. i hold out hope that someday this feature will be added 🤞

Support! Especially if we want to make encyclopedia unlocks for newbies easier, we could even make a thread of frozen eggs for newbies to click :D

On 11/26/2022 at 2:46 PM, Dogmage999 said:

Support. Maybe some text like “You cast a spell on the egg, and the hatchling within now has no need to hatch.” To imply that the baby dragon is not being killed.

That's pretty good!

I support this idea.