TJ09

2019-04-21 - Festival Of Eggs Begins!

25 minutes ago, reaperbird said:

This was my egg!

2131115065_Webp.net-gifmaker(1).gif.952b37ee7b6471d09fd3a6008459fe76.gif

No special reference, I just like hot air balloons and always think of spring when I see them, since in my area, spring is when you start seeing the balloons all over the place. I just wanted to make something cute and simple. :)

This was the last one I got and I was waiting for it!

7 hours ago, Dohaerys said:

These are my eggs:

q5h45u.png - this one isn't a reference, I just like eggs with dragons wrapped around them

1fgbyeh.png - This one is a reference, though I doubt anyone got it since it looks generic enough as an egg to not be a reference. It is a reference to the sigil of House Tyrell from Game of Thrones

I love them, but... I thought it was only one per person? 😮

45 minutes ago, reaperbird said:

This was my egg!

2131115065_Webp.net-gifmaker(1).gif.952b37ee7b6471d09fd3a6008459fe76.gif

No special reference, I just like hot air balloons and always think of spring when I see them, since in my area, spring is when you start seeing the balloons all over the place. I just wanted to make something cute and simple. :)

That one is so pretty. It doesn't have to be a special reference, its perfect meaning something to you ❤️ I love hot air balloons, used to see them drifting around the country side. been up in one - tethered though.

7 hours ago, Dohaerys said:

These are my eggs:

q5h45u.png - this one isn't a reference, I just like eggs with dragons wrapped around them

1fgbyeh.png - This one is a reference, though I doubt anyone got it since it looks generic enough as an egg to not be a reference. It is a reference to the sigil of House Tyrell from Game of Thrones

Ohhh it got me thinking of House Tyrell, that's awesome! And I love your name :D 

It's my first easter on the site, and I finally collected all 62 eggs. I'm so happy I made it before I go to bed :wub:

I.got.all.de.eggs! I love the under the water egg with the squid and  the green and gold one ( 1fgbyeh.png ) the best! 

Edited by Dancing_cinnamon

I just got the feesh! XD I have been waiting for that one. So pretty! Only three more to collect and I will have them all!

11 minutes ago, Akari96 said:

Ugh! I still have a lot left 😧

How much time left for the event to end?

Ends at midnight, DC time iirc

Still need 6 eggs, but I have to sleep :( i was way to busy the last couple of days. Well, this is not the first year I can't collect them all, i'll survive.

Love the shikon no tama Egg. Confused about the eggs with legs.

Ugh. Another year I won't be able to collect them all. I wish this could last at least five days. Three just isn't enough for people who don't have the time to sit in front of their screens all day. 😞

I appear to have been miscounting, somehow I got all the eggs! I thought I had almost 20 left! I was getting pretty frustrated when they weren’t showing up anymore lol.

I really enjoyed this event and seeing all these new faces chiming in with their art! 

36 minutes ago, Nicola said:

Ugh. Another year I won't be able to collect them all. I wish this could last at least five days. Three just isn't enough for people who don't have the time to sit in front of their screens all day. 😞

Agreed. Some people have jobs to go to. 

The interval seems to have shortened? It was every 14 mins. Now it looks Like 10?

Just timed it. New eggs drop every 10 mins on android chrome.

Hoping its intentional. If it is. Thank You TJ! It means I can collect them all today after all :)

Edited by saerider

finally got all mine, I forgot about the event so I skipped a whole day! I was worried that I won't be able to get them all, it also helped that i'm able to access the website on my phone so i just put a timer to remind me to pick them up every 15 minutes while I was working :D

thank you for this lovely event and to all the sprite artists for there wonderful job :wub:

I hope there wont be any last minute additions, TJ likes to surprise us sometimes and i'd be sad to miss any.

there is about 5 hours left so good luck to all you of you ❤️

1 hour ago, Arkee said:

Ends at midnight, DC time iirc

Oh well... Thank you very much :)
It's almost 1am here (and I have work tomorrow morning), so I don't think I will be able to do it... I only have 45 eggs at the moment, I would need 3 more hours to get all of them xD 

Good luck to everyone else!

51 minutes ago, Nicola said:

This. I barely made it this year, and I didn't make it at least twice so far... exactly because there isnt' enough days if you have a [semi-busy] life:<

3 hours ago, VixenDra said:

Finally grabbed my work:P as one of the last eggs to collect.

I'm responsible for 85n2oh.png
It's a simple reference to Gothic, an old(2001) cRPG game of German origin, very popular in Europe, considered a classic of the genre in Poland (where I live), and probably the first game with a successful living, responsive, open world. A game from the times before RPGs got all destinations marked on the map - you had to find everything on your own, with the help of the clues from NPCs etc. Gothic and Gothic 2 are the games of my teen times^^
The egg shows the symbol of The Sleeper, on of the versions is visible here: gothic-complete-edition-w-iext46889794.j Since this symbol is shaped after the head of that creature and kind of looks like a mask to me, I decided my egg to simply wear the Sleeper symbol as a mask. The orange colour simply refers to the cover of the first Gothic game.

This game even inspired the makers of The Witcher games, the pride of the Polish game industry:)

Both my Witcher egg 2jor0h.png and this Gothic one were made for FoE 2017 but I only had a slot for one, and I didn't have a chance to submit in 2018. I picked the Witcher one first, because I knew more of you guys will recognize the Witcher reference. These two eggs have finally met in the game this year!:)

I love your eggs and the thoughts behind it, my boyfriend is a huuuuge fan of the Witcher so it was one of the few references I noticed. Dziekuje bardzo 🙏🙏

The longer intervals between drops are definitely problematic.  Let's look a this mathematically!

Say someone has family obligations on Sunday, so most of the day they're out of the house and in places where they probably won't be able to even check on mobile.  Let's give them 10 eggs and otherwise call the day a wash.  That's one day down and 50+ eggs to go.  Now say our hypothetical person works a typical 8 hour day, AND has at least some commute to and from work, AND works a job where playing on sites like this (whether on your phone or otherwise) is frowned upon, if not outright impossible.  Which is going to cover a fair number of users!  So, including commute, lunch, etc, that's about 10 hours dedicated to job, plus 8 hours to sleep, leaving a grand total of 6 hours left in the day to attempt to get the eggs.  Now, if the eggs are dropping at EXACTLY 10 minute intervals, and our person is always able to grab them right the moment the drop (maybe they set a timer?) that means they can get 6 eggs per hour or about 36 eggs each day, approximately.  So... enough time, right?

Oh, but wait!  We forgot to account for meal times, bathing, chores, basically doing anything else at all for the duration of the event.  Which seems pretty unlikely to me!  What does this mean?  Well, instead of that nice 6 hours per day to egg hunt, our hypothetical person, if they're really good, has maybe closer to 4.  So around 24 eggs each day, or 48 for both.  Add in the 10 we gave them for Sunday and that's a total of 58, AND that's assuming they put a reasonable effort towards it.

Gee, that's kinda harsh, isn't it?

Now, if the egg drop timer were back to what it were in the original few years, where it was about every 5 minutes, that's literally half the time and thus double the eggs.  Now, our hypothetical person only needs to spend, oh, maybe half of their evening two days in a row, and they should be able to obtain all the eggs with a little effort.  You still can't phone it in, you have to TRY, but at least it's fair.

22 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

This. I barely made it this year, and I didn't make it at least twice so far... exactly because there isnt' enough days if you have a [semi-busy] life:<

I have the same problem, I am not sure if I can finish my collection this year... it would be the first year I wasn't able to finish my collection... really sad but just too less time and too many eggs.

I'm so happy to have filled my basket once again. :D

Many thanks to the kind folks who used their wonderful talents to create them for us.  Thanks too to those who tried but whose eggs didn't get selected this year.  Please know that your efforts  are appreciated and I wish you better luck next year!

Yeah, I really really need to go to bed too, but damn it, I've always managed to get all the eggs in most of the previous festivals and I'm NOT going to fail it this time! I just wish the time between each egg drop wasn't so crazy long, though. :dry:

7 minutes ago, ACDragonMaster said:

Now, if the egg drop timer were back to what it were in the original few years, where it was about every 5 minutes, that's literally half the time and thus double the eggs.  Now, our hypothetical person only needs to spend, oh, maybe half of their evening two days in a row, and they should be able to obtain all the eggs with a little effort.  You still can't phone it in, you have to TRY, but at least it's fair.

Not sure I've ever seen a 5 min drop for these (or tot).  The interval is supposed to vary from 5 to 15.  and I've ALWAYS experienced 10-15 myself.  Marrto used to infuriate me, he would sit right next me while we hunted and get twice the eggs in the same amount of time because his always dropped faster. 

Indeed. I hate myself for being so late in collecting them all this year. I collected every single egg so far, the only exception was my very first Halloween event. 

Not giving up, I will stay 'till 4 am collecting eggs... 

That being said I would appreciate more time next year.. Even just an extra day

21 minutes ago, ACDragonMaster said:

The longer intervals between drops are definitely problematic.  Let's look a this mathematically!

Say someone has family obligations on Sunday, so most of the day they're out of the house and in places where they probably won't be able to even check on mobile.  Let's give them 10 eggs and otherwise call the day a wash.  That's one day down and 50+ eggs to go.  Now say our hypothetical person works a typical 8 hour day, AND has at least some commute to and from work, AND works a job where playing on sites like this (whether on your phone or otherwise) is frowned upon, if not outright impossible.  Which is going to cover a fair number of users!  So, including commute, lunch, etc, that's about 10 hours dedicated to job, plus 8 hours to sleep, leaving a grand total of 6 hours left in the day to attempt to get the eggs.  Now, if the eggs are dropping at EXACTLY 10 minute intervals, and our person is always able to grab them right the moment the drop (maybe they set a timer?) that means they can get 6 eggs per hour or about 36 eggs each day, approximately.  So... enough time, right?

Oh, but wait!  We forgot to account for meal times, bathing, chores, basically doing anything else at all for the duration of the event.  Which seems pretty unlikely to me!  What does this mean?  Well, instead of that nice 6 hours per day to egg hunt, our hypothetical person, if they're really good, has maybe closer to 4.  So around 24 eggs each day, or 48 for both.  Add in the 10 we gave them for Sunday and that's a total of 58, AND that's assuming they put a reasonable effort towards it.

Gee, that's kinda harsh, isn't it?

This is literally describing me this year. 2 days of family obligations, 1 workday. I literally had to sit here at my PC for ALL of my spare time though those 3 days to catch them all... And my workday is 6h right now (will be 8h next year tho) and I diidn't even need to travel anywhere this time... Right now I have to go to sleep and if I had a morning shift this week, I would have been asleep for at least 3-4h by now, because timezone.
In the past it was even worse because I had to travel and also study and missed the event until the last day's evening... sacrificed a night's sleep and still didn't collect them all last year, which makes my completionist self bleed forever, even if it's just the Basket stuffs. I wnted to have 100% from all years since I joined, forever ruined a few years ago because of life an not enough time left.

(also, I feel like I'm only expecting the 15min intervals, especially whenever I'm missing a lot...)

Edited by VixenDra