TJ09

2019-04-21 - Festival Of Eggs Begins!

7 minutes ago, purpledragonclaw said:

Yes, the site is crashing on the easter page. Looks like we killed it.

snicker .. only temporary as dragons are immortal;

and he may be fixing the typo ...

3 hours ago, Starscream said:

get trucking!

HAhahaha, I was trying to, but then this 'egg basket down; problem arose.

Any chance that TJ will add the 'down time' to the end of the three-day run???   I hope, I hope, I hope???   I WAS up to 15 and was on a roll...  sigh

Glad it's not just me, I thought I'd broken my egg basket 😂😂😂

come here to make sure i am not the only one that meet the page error. i still have a little eggs not been collected, so sad.

The eggs are still collected into your basket even when the basket was down, so extending the event is not likely

30 minutes ago, bluedog said:

I now have been unable to collect two eggs. 

As others have mentioned, you did actually collect those eggs.

There should be no situation where collecting an egg "fails" and the egg somehow disappears in the process. If anything goes wrong, the egg will still be there to collect.

2 minutes ago, GayBirb said:

the eggs drop about every 10 minutes, right?

Varies between 7-12 minutes in my experience. It is not consistent.

1 minute ago, Ashywolf said:

Varies between 7-12 minutes in my experience. It is not consistent.

ah i figured, thank you!

52 minutes ago, Suzaku said:

The eggs are still collected into your basket even when the basket was down, so extending the event is not likely

ETA: Ninja'ed.

Edited by bluedog

Ok, my basket is back, but now I have a Blue-Banded egg on my scroll that I didn't grab 😂😂😂 

I've been busy and forgetful and so I've not gotten many yet this year and now feeling a bit in a panic.  This is the last day, right?  I have 19 currently.  Can I still finish in time?  I also still have to go out to the store later, too.

I've always kinda hoped though that there would be a way to go back and collect eggs from previous events that were missed.  Like I feel sad every time I see only 5 eggs collected during 2012.  Like some sorta thing where if someone finishes all the eggs for the year that you could then somehow get older year eggs unlocked.

7 minutes ago, Savynn said:

I've always kinda hoped though that there would be a way to go back and collect eggs from previous events that were missed.  Like I feel sad every time I see only 5 eggs collected during 2012.  Like some sorta thing where if someone finishes all the eggs for the year that you could then somehow get older year eggs unlocked.

This would be fantastic!! I'd sign a petition for it u.u

Only a few more eggs to collect and wow you artists have excelled (held back from the pun) yourselves. What beautiful and original eggs your pixel art is amazing.Thanks for sharing and thanks to TJ once again for hosting this event.

Dagnabbit, I forgot about this and now I have to go to work... another year, another set of collectables I miss out on! Oh well.

I just completed them all! The Lugia egg took me back to the excitement I felt when Pokemon: the movie 2000 hit theaters.

Finally grabbed my work:P as one of the last eggs to collect.

I'm responsible for 85n2oh.png
It's a simple reference to Gothic, an old(2001) cRPG game of German origin, very popular in Europe, considered a classic of the genre in Poland (where I live), and probably the first game with a successful living, responsive, open world. A game from the times before RPGs got all destinations marked on the map - you had to find everything on your own, with the help of the clues from NPCs etc. Gothic and Gothic 2 are the games of my teen times^^
The egg shows the symbol of The Sleeper, on of the versions is visible here: gothic-complete-edition-w-iext46889794.j Since this symbol is shaped after the head of that creature and kind of looks like a mask to me, I decided my egg to simply wear the Sleeper symbol as a mask. The orange colour simply refers to the cover of the first Gothic game.

This game even inspired the makers of The Witcher games, the pride of the Polish game industry:)

Both my Witcher egg 2jor0h.png and this Gothic one were made for FoE 2017 but I only had a slot for one, and I didn't have a chance to submit in 2018. I picked the Witcher one first, because I knew more of you guys will recognize the Witcher reference. These two eggs have finally met in the game this year!:)

Finally filled my basket.

Thanks to TJ and the imaginations/creativity/spriting abilities of all who that made this Festival possible.  I love all the eggs!

Well, I'm up to 27 Eggs in my basket, but I have to leave for a few hours, so I hope that I have enough time when I get home to complete my basket of goodies...

62 wonderful eggs in my basket :D :D Thank you spriters! Some time later I'll come back to read the posts what the eggs that I don't recognise are all referring to, not much time on a weekday to go through now. Have a great night and thanks again! ❤️ 

This was my egg!

2131115065_Webp.net-gifmaker(1).gif.952b37ee7b6471d09fd3a6008459fe76.gif

No special reference, I just like hot air balloons and always think of spring when I see them, since in my area, spring is when you start seeing the balloons all over the place. I just wanted to make something cute and simple. :)