TJ09

2019-04-21 - Festival Of Eggs Begins!

My sister juuuuuuust got the last one (which was of course one she really wanted). That was beyond too close.

I agree that other years there was less time between egg drops. The game is still fun, but more stressful.  I think if the time between drops is more, the game should be extended a bit more.  Maybe by one day.  This would still require time and dedication, but would be less stressful.

Well, it's done and I got a total of 47 Eggs in my basket this year...  

Thank you TJ and Spriters...  It was all on me for not getting all my Eggs this time.  I got a late start  and ran out f time...

Found way more than I had time for last year, but still not all.   Maybe next year.   Thanks artists and TJ!

(not so?) Unreasonable demand; next year we get to play for a week like other holidays, with around 60 eggs, people get to submit their sprites, but also get to collect any previous years eggs to fill up our baskets after collecting the current years ;) and a set 10 min spawn

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

Thanks, TJ and spriters.  Even though I didn't get all the eggs, it was a lot of fun catching the ones I did catch.  😃

Maaan!  I had all but TWO EGGS!  You would think they would give us a predictable drop range and a bit MORE time for a 62-piece hunt.  Hey, @TC, I would LOVE it if you guys add the time range of a scavenger hunt drop from now on; I keep thinking it's every 15 minutes, but apparently it's anywhere from 5-15 minutes.  I would have all of these eggs if O knew!!

All on me, as I said, but I had:

A wedding and reception until late on Saturday...

Easter dinner and late night talk with a friend on Sunday...

A Veteran friend's Eye Doctor's appt and dinner on Monday...

And MY Doctor's appt this afternoon...

And NOW, the rest of my week is open until Friday...  sigh.  lol

Still it was fun, thank you...

54/62 eggs. I spent most of tonight trying to catch up on all of them because working full time doesn't lend a lot of spare hours to continuously refreshing in the cave. If the drop rate had been normal I could've managed it tonight in one long slog, but as it is, I missed some really good eggs and got stuck with some staggeringly ugly ones.

Pleased I got the Stargate egg really early, though! That's one of my favorite shows. So at least there's that.

6 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

(not so?) Unreasonable demand; next year we get to play for a week like other holidays, with around 60 eggs, people get to submit their sprites, but also get to collect any previous years eggs to fill up our baskets after collecting the current years ;) and a set 10 min spawn

I would agree... still so very sad I couldn't get them all 6 short this year that has NEVER happened to me before... but I work 3 12.5 hour shifts every weekend... and being on a phone or computer is a NO NO at work... I'm a Medical Laboratory Technician and it's just been insanely busy of late at work... so I was exhausted after 3 long shifts on my feet most the time and without much time at all to even eat a meal... mostly just grab two bites of something here and there between patients... so yeah... I was so exhausted I slept most of Monday.  But I understand there has to be a cut off... but the time between this year really killed me.  

Ending with 3 missing this year. :( Earlier I was sure I could finish in time, but then every single egg took 15 minutes to spawn... This is the only collection I have that's incomplete, and as I see I'm far from being the only one, I'm hoping we'll get an extension.

On a more positive note, seeing all these new spriters make eggs this year was super cool, and I hope it happens again next year! (I had thought of participating myself, but alas, I had no ideas.) So, thanks spriters for all the excellent eggs, and to TJ for running the event! :lol:

Wait it's over already? I thought we had 3 days? 😕 2 years in a row I never completed them. :(

1 minute ago, terrerio35 said:

Maaan!  I had all but TWO EGGS!  You would think they would give us a predictable drop range and a bit MORE time for a 62-piece hunt.  Hey, @TC, I would LOVE it if you guys add the time range of a scavenger hunt drop from now on; I keep thinking it's every 15 minutes, but apparently it's anywhere from 5-15 minutes.  I would have all of these eggs if O knew!!

I found that for the most part, If I started looking 10 minutes after the last drop, they usually dropped by 12 or 13 minutes. 

Really bummed that the last day of the event was the only time I had a little more extra time to get these eggs. With working so much and having a son, it was hard to really get the chance to sit down and devote time to collect all the eggs. It's not the first year I missed out on all of them. 😢 Like a lot of others, really wish we could get one more day.

I'm surprised that at this point, the eggs are not dropping faster towards the end of the event. If eggs dropped at 5 minute intervals in the last few hours, it would help a lot of people catch up.

Collecting all the credits/references posted so far:

Spoiler
On 4/21/2019 at 3:19 AM, SkyWolf25 said:
  On 4/21/2019 at 2:50 AM, UserOfShadows said:

I just found a Wolf Link egg as my first grab, which is incredible because I really love Wolf Link. Wonder who did that one? I hope I find mine soon! 

Glad you like it! ;D

On 4/21/2019 at 8:02 AM, On_Your_Left said:
  On 4/21/2019 at 7:09 AM, bloodyneptune said:

Did I just get a MATT MURDOCK EGG???

That's mine! ^^

On 4/21/2019 at 4:49 PM, Hakumei said:
On 4/21/2019 at 4:26 PM, Isuzu said:

Are my eyes deceiving me, or is there a Critical Role egg? Certainly an unexpected but pleasant surprise

That's mine ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ! 

On 4/21/2019 at 4:50 PM, Feeshosaurus said:
On 4/21/2019 at 4:41 PM, Safira20897 said:

On 4/21/2019 at 4:36 PM, Feeshosaurus said:

Omg thank you! I don't know if there is more than one MTG egg, but if its the one I made you can definitely use it if you want.

For now I found only one with the mana symbols changing :) If it's yours thank you for making it!

Yep, that's mine! Glad you like it.

On 4/22/2019 at 10:38 AM, Laliana said:

Yay, finally got my own egg: 13sjzy7.png     Glad so many people liked it~

As you can probably guess, I am a big fan of Studio Ghibli movies.

So when I got the chance to submit an entry for the FoE, I decided to make something I've always wanted to see in my basket (really, I had this idea for years).

I think the sprite turned out okay considering I have never attempted pixel art before.

Thank you for the idea ^_~

Now back to hunting!

On 4/22/2019 at 10:51 AM, RainbowTheAlbinoServal said:

h7x1m0.png

So this is my egg! 

It's based off of a meme on the flight rising tumblr, which I'm very active on. It's basically a joke on the light egg's nickname in the community, which is, you guessed it, legg.

On 4/22/2019 at 12:46 PM, Moonlightelf said:

I hope everyone has had good Easter ^^

4rn72c.png

This be my egg. The inspiration behind it were glass Faberge eggs. Originally the egg was going to be red with green dragon, but half-way I figured that was bit too common color combo. So instead I swapped the egg's color to be purple, which is my favorite color. I also wanted rose (my favorite flower) on the egg, which proved to be the most difficult part since it is rather small. And of course... dragon. Everything must have dragons. I planned to have another color for the mane, but then figured purple would tie the entire thing together perfectly. And if you look at the egg close enough, you can see part of the dragon behind the egg.

On 4/22/2019 at 1:07 PM, Naraku said:

9jI3So9.png

This is the egg I created. It's based on shikon jewel from Inuyasha. *points to my username* I'm glad y'all like it :D 

Love the creativity that went into these eggs this year!

On 4/22/2019 at 1:19 PM, animatedrose said:

I've got all the eggs as of last night! Yay! So many amazing ones! Congrats to everyone who got in!

This be my eggy, Hollow Knight. Definitely nowhere near the level of the rest of these eggs but I'm glad I got to contribute to FoE with my noob pixel skills. lol

Festival of Eggs submission steel ball version 2.2.png

On 4/22/2019 at 1:45 PM, Aqub said:

I love all the eggs this year! They're so amazing and have such variety! :D

This is the egg I made for the event: Lancer Egg 2.png Lancer!

On 4/22/2019 at 4:07 PM, Ashywolf said:
  On 4/22/2019 at 3:33 PM, Rexsaurus said:

Is this egg a Peggle reference?

14al1f4.gif

It is actually a reference to the Chozo Artifact from Metroid Prime. I had a version that is a bit more complex in shape and closer to the actual artifact. But I have had eggs rejected in the past for going too far out of the egg shape, so that was the version that I chose to send forward.

Image result for metroid prime chozo artifact

On 4/22/2019 at 4:20 PM, Arkee said:

Since others are doing it, let me do it too :) 

g73a6u.gif

This is my egg. (As it was pointed out before, haha.) Transistor is one of my favorite videogames of all time, so I wanted to do something for it when I saw there was nothing already done for the other years. I was actually torn between doing Red or the Transistor, so I just made both and threw them in a little loop! The little fade from Red to the Transistor is based on the Limiters menu =D

My favorites after seeing everything are the Sexy Legg, Super Smash Bros, Think Emoji, Salmonid and Totoro eggs, but I think all of them are neat in their own little ways ❤️ 

On 4/22/2019 at 4:28 PM, Starscream said:

May I introduce my egg k0otzd.png I finally just got him.

This is Dirge, he is one of the three Generation One Transformers Decepticon Seekers called the "cone heads". He follows the already existing Seeker set that includes, Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker and Sunstorm. Conehead Seekers are known to also have "butt wings" or wing positions that start at the waist and go down. Butt wings for the win

On 4/22/2019 at 4:33 PM, Daiyachiri said:

Guess I'll follow :D 

This one is my egg :  1ab7pir.gif

It's a feesh.

In a feeshbowl.

Yes.

On 4/22/2019 at 4:53 PM, Starbit-Plushie said:

Well, here we go t0umru.png this is my egg!

The little alien is Giegue, the main antagonist in the 1989 NES game Mother, localized to the west as EarthBound Beginnings. You might have heard of its sequel, EarthBound, released in 1995 for the SNES. The egg is supposed to be an earth, like the Mother series logo. I was going to make it look exactly like the logo, but I didn't want to run into plagiarism issues.

Giygas_In-Battle_Mother.png This is Giegue as he appears in Mother

Mother_boxart.png  And this is the Mother logo.

I chose to do this egg because Mother/EarthBound is a very beloved and important series to me, and due to 2/3 of it only releasing in Japanese for a long time, is very unheard of. If you like JRPGs I implore you to give the series a go.

On 4/22/2019 at 5:22 PM, Tikifish said:

I made the Stargate egg and it is the first sprite thing I have ever made ! I'm glad people like it and even noticed the replicator! I was afraid I had made it too small.

Stargate Egg (1).gif

On 4/22/2019 at 5:34 PM, Articray said:

Oh since we're doing this, I shall join in too!

This is my egg: PkkVmoC.gif

It's the top 1/3rd of the SCP Foundation logo.

6fIZtcg.png

I didn't want to make the full logo because part of me felt that would be too obvious.

On 4/22/2019 at 6:00 PM, Kaini said:

Oh we are explaining eggs? dd55pl8-dcdbab43-c2e9-4045-ac01-607184d3 I've mentioned this already but mine is a reference to Detroit: Become Human. It's the back of Connor's jacket, including the android identifier triangle.

tumblr_p9b5s8ILW81qghhn8o2_640.gif.4178d3c2d8fe6ffd6fbc6c6548fdca10.gif

I'm not the greatest spriter and mine's pretty simple but I'm happy I could participate!

On 4/22/2019 at 6:04 PM, Redquaza said:

Egg explaining? ....eggsplaining? :'D

pl9f05.png

This is my egg! It is the Smash Ball item from Super Smash Bros Brawl, Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS and Smash Ultimate!

250px-SSBUSmashBall.png

And here's how it started - a LOT of colours and semi-transparent bits got nixed but I was really pleased with the sprite at first so I gotta shareSMASH EGG.png

On 4/22/2019 at 6:07 PM, TCA said:

54KMLRA.gif

This was mine o3o

On 4/22/2019 at 6:27 PM, yellow_gellow said:

Before I forget, here is my egg!

a9umc2.gif

It's based on the Golden Eggs from Splatoon 2's Salmon Run mode - the little fishbone shaped creature inside is a baby Salmonid from the game!

Here's a picture of what they look like in-game -

Hide contents

image.php?image=d072dfa8ff8a1b5b88982201

Which in turn are based on real-life salmon fish roe -

Hide contents

04-SJ_Trout%20Eggs%2089-ab.jpg

Making it was lots of fun! Originally I was going to have it be static but decided to animate the li'l fella so that it's more clear that there's a creature inside the egg and not just a fishbone marking on the shell.

On 4/22/2019 at 6:41 PM, Swiftfire211 said:

This is my egg! egg2_ani.gif

It's not meant to be a reference to anything, just to be a cool circuit thing 😊References are fun though; maybe next year if I get to participate I'll make a reference to one of my favorite games...

On 4/22/2019 at 6:56 PM, ViperaUnion2 said:

Oh, everyone's showing off their Eggs!

1wobtcs.gif

The globe is mine. I was staring at NASA photos too long to not do this. Photos of Earth from space at night is just too pretty to pass up.

On 4/22/2019 at 7:03 PM, Process said:
On 4/22/2019 at 6:48 PM, LishaDragon said:

I believe that the egg with the "sexy posed legs" is a nod to L'eggs pantyhose. When I was younger, the pantyhose came in a plastic egg, like current Easter eggs, only white with a possible cardboard bottom. Usually the advertisements showed the egg and a set of woman's legs in high heels as part of the ad. I only remembered them from the ads and working retail.

Other then that, this has been fun to see and collect. Thank you spriters!!

Nope

Sexy legg was just a fevered dream I had that demanded to be made

On 4/22/2019 at 7:16 PM, Stromboli said:

28jv85.gif

Hello my name is Stromboli and I only know how to make dumb podcast references.

This year ft. My Brother, My Brother and Me

tumblr_pf2gtn90Dq1wh53seo1_500.gif

On 4/22/2019 at 7:19 PM, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

Since we're all showing off our eggs now...

12wth2c.gif

I'm responsible for what Lagie mistook as an ad. I wasn't expecting that part, to be honest. I hope it wasn't too pastel-y for people to read (especially the first G)?

My inspiration stretched no farther than the Festival of Eggs itself. It's a celebration of eggs, so these eggs are celebrating!

On 4/22/2019 at 8:07 PM, SkyWolf25 said:
  On 4/22/2019 at 2:00 PM, Safira20897 said:

Wait, am I dreaming or is this a wolf Link reference?? r7vag4.png

Yes, it is indeed a Wolf Link reference. =D

On 4/22/2019 at 8:09 PM, sashomarine said:

I suppose I'll jump on the bandwagon. This here is my egg:

1x7egdj.gif

I am a huge nerd when it comes to all things science--after all, that is what I am currently in university for. So why not celebrate this love of scientific progress by designing an egg after our favorite outdated atomic model? Perhaps I'll make the Schrödinger model next year, once I've figured out how to place pixels without being certain as to where they are at any given time.

On 4/22/2019 at 8:22 PM, Cowfish249 said:

This one was mine

Oger Egg.png

He shreck. It was my first time doing pixel art (excluding ms paint as a kid).

I also made these befor the limit was introduced.

Panther Egg.pngpixel-26x28 copy.pngLove Poition Egg.png

If TJ makes a public egg contest again I have an animated one in mind. 👌

Loving everyone eggs btw! So many creative ideas! 💕🥚💕

On 4/22/2019 at 8:42 PM, Yhme said:

This one's mine as I said before: U8sjbLx.gif

I'm too lame for references, so I went with the traditional Easter paraphernalia. Yeaahh eggs! Yeaahhh flowers! Yeaahhh bunnies! Slightly disgruntled because why not!

@Daiyachiri I love the feesh egg! One of the first eggs I caught and it's still my favorite!

And @yellow_gellow thanks for explaining! :D That little one-eyed fish skeleton egg intrigued me too! Like I knew it had to be a reference, but I had no idea where from

@Cowfish249 Aha. Ahahahahaha! It is a wonderful egg and one of the references I actually get, but it will forever look to me like Shrek in a bikini! :P ISOSORRYPLEASENOHATE

On 4/22/2019 at 8:46 PM, I Want Cheese Dragon said:

This one is mine: k15zpq.gif

There isn't any references attached to it, I just like pandas :D

Haven't sprited that much so I'm happy my egg got featured on this event.

On 4/23/2019 at 1:02 AM, Ylla said:

I don't have them all yet. 😅 (gotta catch 'em all, right?)

I want to drop the meaning behind my egg though!

1mnkevq.png

It's not a pop culture reference, but it has sentimental value because it's an tribute/present to my significant other. (He's from Hawaii. And shades cuz they're cool. 😎)

Plus, I've always wanted to contribute to this site!! This is my 10th year and I like to dabble in pixel art. 

23 hours ago, Corteo said:

1ihqia.gif

This one is mine!  No pop culture reference - just having a baby in a few weeks.

{Shokomon: Congrats on the coming baby! May they be healthy!}

21 hours ago, Eggy0 said:

Okay then, so I suppose I'll tell something about my egg too :)

4dqn7c.png

For those who aren't able to tell, this egg was based on the Smurfette - the Smurfs play a huge role in my life (I grew up with them and am a big fan to name one thing, and no prior FoE had an egg that references the Smurfs), so I ended up going with that as the thing I was to reference. I had other ideas and even almost settled for doing Gargamel instead (who is the Smurfette's creator or "dad" in a way, and my second top favorite character), but in the end Smurfette won and she became the egg motive.

That being said, for next year I've already got a couple new ideas in mind; not revealing what these are of course so that I don't spoil anything, but hopefully at least one of them will come through in a future FoE haha. The Smurfette egg is almost the first time I've sprited anything since forever, and I'm happy with how it turned out and that people got to collect it. Looking forward to future FoE public submissions if there are any!

21 hours ago, UserOfShadows said:

Finally got all the eggs, including mine, so here it is!

1y2fr6u.png

There's no reference for this, I was just trying to make a really shiny, dark colored egg. However, the tail is a design from my mind- Kinda gory, read at your own risk!

Hide contents

The spines on the end are made to be closed and opened at will. The point of this is for the dragon to pierce its prey and then open the spines inside the creature before ripping the tail out, wreaking absolute havoc on the inside in an attempt to shock it into submission. This dragon is a rather messy hunter!

19 hours ago, Cottoncat said:

This is my egg!

AbAxnM2.png

It's a reference to the show Popee the Performer, and it's supposed to look like the main character Popee.

I started making the egg just for fun about a year ago already, thinking that it'd be cool to take part in spriting an egg for the Festival of Eggs. Then a year later the egg actually made it to the event. :D It looked different in the beginning though, with bigger ears.

Hide contents

The first version, still unfinished and with the ears straightened:

QGdYsVy.png

I had to fold the ears in order to make it fit into the size limit, and I'm glad I did. The final result is conveniently within the required measurements, and the folded ears look more true to how the character's ears actually look like.

17 hours ago, Fiona said:

Since we all seem to be taking credit for our eggs, this is mine. TheHenEgganim4.gif 

As some have said, this is based on Faberge's 1885 Hen Egg.

15 hours ago, Windra said:

Since we're uploading eggs, well, here's mine! I made it as a tribute to Kiyohime from FGO, since she's positively my favorite gorl to blast things with. Plus she can turn into a blazing blue dragon of death. Two things I like in a gal. Anyways, cheers to all the eggs! (<3 the Mother series tribute) 

KiyO.png

15 hours ago, Dohaerys said:

These are my eggs:

q5h45u.png - this one isn't a reference, I just like eggs with dragons wrapped around them

1fgbyeh.png - This one is a reference, though I doubt anyone got it since it looks generic enough as an egg to not be a reference. It is a reference to the sigil of House Tyrell from Game of Thrones

14 hours ago, adrak said:

bhWxVJ8.png

This is my eggo, its based on the Blue Mage job stone from Final Fantasy 14. Its actually not the first one I was working on, but I was fighting the original as its an animated one. Maybe I'll get the other figured out and touched up in time to submit it next year. Since I couldn't do the one I wanted, I figured I'd keep up my silly tradition of job stones.  :nyan:

9 hours ago, VixenDra said:

Finally grabbed my work:P as one of the last eggs to collect.

I'm responsible for 85n2oh.png
It's a simple reference to Gothic, an old(2001) cRPG game of German origin, very popular in Europe, considered a classic of the genre in Poland (where I live), and probably the first game with a successful living, responsive, open world. A game from the times before RPGs got all destinations marked on the map - you had to find everything on your own, with the help of the clues from NPCs etc. Gothic and Gothic 2 are the games of my teen times^^
The egg shows the symbol of The Sleeper, on of the versions is visible here: gothic-complete-edition-w-iext46889794.j Since this symbol is shaped after the head of that creature and kind of looks like a mask to me, I decided my egg to simply wear the Sleeper symbol as a mask. The orange colour simply refers to the cover of the first Gothic game.

This game even inspired the makers of The Witcher games, the pride of the Polish game industry:)

Both my Witcher egg 2jor0h.png and this Gothic one were made for FoE 2017 but I only had a slot for one, and I didn't have a chance to submit in 2018. I picked the Witcher one first, because I knew more of you guys will recognize the Witcher reference. These two eggs have finally met in the game this year!:)

9 hours ago, reaperbird said:

This was my egg!

Webp.net-gifmaker (1).gif

No special reference, I just like hot air balloons and always think of spring when I see them, since in my area, spring is when you start seeing the balloons all over the place. I just wanted to make something cute and simple. :)

2 hours ago, Mewtie said:

This is the egg I was able to contribute this year:

Hide contents

dd37nat-cdc75a5b-703a-4a15-af7d-7646f98e

The egg is supposed to depict a horrorterror from Homestuck.

Thank you all for the lovely eggs. 

Too bad I didn't get them all. Oh well.

Who did the eggs in the banner? I thought some of them might be submissions that didn't make it into the actual event, but made it somewhat. Just a theory though.

@Fuzzbucket: Ask and you shall receive. lol

This list isn't complete though.

Edited by Shokomon
making sure that people know that references are listed here too

10 minutes ago, demonicvampiregirl said:

Wait it's over already? I thought we had 3 days? 😕 2 years in a row I never completed them. :(

Yup, 3 days. Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Ended at midnight DC-time. 

I had fun. I loooove that we had so many new artists this year with so many different-looking eggs!

12 hours ago, Dalwor said:

YES! This is awesome! It would be just as awesome with the SCP-173 you made but it's nice of you to respect copyrighted material. I'm obsessed with SCP too, I'm so glad you made this!!!

One of us, one of us, one of us

I'm very glad you like it! :D

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

Yup, 3 days. Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Ended at midnight DC-time. 

I had fun. I loooove that we had so many new artists this year with so many different-looking eggs!

Thought it was till the 24th, might just give up on FoE personally. I love collecting them but having one entire year missing and another incomplete is a bit discouraging. My own fault either way but just doesn't give me the drive to complete it anymore.

On 4/22/2019 at 7:38 AM, Laliana said:

Yay, finally got my own egg: 13sjzy7.png     Glad so many people liked it~

As you can probably guess, I am a big fan of Studio Ghibli movies.

========================================================

Definitely a Ghibli fan here as well, Ghibli Tavern 

29 minutes ago, Ashywolf said:

I'm surprised that at this point, the eggs are not dropping faster towards the end of the event. If eggs dropped at 5 minute intervals in the last few hours, it would help a lot of people catch up.

this :S

Well, bugger... I had mistakenly assumed that we had 3 full days (72hours) as opposed to until midnight. Guess the collection is incomplete this year.

Glad to have been able to grab all the eggs this year; as I didn't have anything else to so, I could refresh often. Annoying enough, a lot of the times no egg would appear, just for it to spawn once I visit a different page literally a second later - this happened a lot... Sadly enough, my sister was so busy with her kids and family stuff that she only grabbed three eggs. :(

Anyway, I didn't get like 95% of the references, but there were some very nice ones. My favorites are the Wolf Link egg, and this one, if it is indeed a Chozo artifact (I really hope it is, as Metroid Prime is one of my all-time-favorite games.) lol if it's not and I'm just being desperate. 

14al1f4.gif

Edited by Natakiro

19 eggs this year... better than previous ones lol. I love the easter egg event, I just didn't get the chance to play a lot the last few days. Thanks to TJ and all the spriters for the awesome eggs! The Stargate and Totoro eggs were two of my favorites! ♡