TJ09

2019-04-21 - Festival Of Eggs Begins!

19 eggs this year... better than previous ones lol. I love the easter egg event, I just didn't get the chance to play a lot the last few days. Thanks to TJ and all the spriters for the awesome eggs! The Stargate and Totoro eggs were two of my favorites! ♡

Surprisingly I managed to get 41. Wish I could of gotten them all, but it is what it is and I love the ones that I did manage to get. ❤️

Rats, didn't even end up catching my own egg. That's a bit disappointing xD Ah well, I should have paid more attention; got to 51 before time ran out.

1 hour ago, demonicvampiregirl said:

Wait it's over already? I thought we had 3 days? 😕 2 years in a row I never completed them. :(

Sadly it's over, I miscalculated as well and missed on many pretty eggs. I'm quite bummed about this as there were many I wished to get... There's simply not enough time to collect so many eggs, 30 eggs yes, but not 62... there should be either more time, less eggs or shorter time between sprite appearance. I loved all the sprites, it's just that this was the first time in a while I've been so busy I couldn't collect them all, so I'm a little dissapointed I simply could not manage my time better... Thanks spriters, I wish I could get all your artwork!

But seriously, is there a way to expand this event as so many people didn't manage to collect this large number of eggs? It wouldn't hurt anyone and would give us the extra time we need to collect the sprites we're missing...

1 hour ago, demonicvampiregirl said:

Thought it was till the 24th, might just give up on FoE personally. I love collecting them but having one entire year missing and another incomplete is a bit discouraging. My own fault either way but just doesn't give me the drive to complete it anymore.

1 hour ago, Blue Nadir said:

Well, bugger... I had mistakenly assumed that we had 3 full days (72hours) as opposed to until midnight. Guess the collection is incomplete this year.

Just to attempt to clear things up.... We did have 3 full days. And it was until the 24th. We just have to remember that DC-time is a specific timezone, so you have to account for that when calculating when it will end. It started DC-time midnight start of Sunday, and ended DC-time midnight start of Wednesday, which was indeed 72 hours. To put it into my timezone, for me it started 9pm Saturday and ended 9pm Tuesday. 72 hours. 3 days. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, camelia2 said:

Honestly, it's unfair... we had a down time ... we should get an extention ... 

And Easter is in 4 days.... just sayn. An Easter event that is not until Easter....good

And most people have a screen-time of 5hr/day, 15hr in 3days... 20 mins between eggs > 45eggs... :(

What is the point in having so many beautiful eggs when you can't collect them all? Most of us are adults (with jobs) relaxing here, but this takes away the fun....Less eggs or MORE TIME!

All artists did an amazing job! I love all sprites so much ❤️

What? Easter was on April 21, 2019, it's been past Easter for 3 days already. 0-0

https://www.google.com/search?q=easter+2019

The event started on the 20th of this month (I was online when it started as you can see: Posted Saturday at 11:10 PM) so what you are saying about it not being on Easter is false, it started one hour before 12 midnight of the day of Easter.

I'm sorry that you didn't have time to do the event but that isn't TJ's problem that you have a life outside of the site, this site is for leisure so you aren't entitled to free easter eggs because you have a job.

And I was able to collect all 62 eggs in one day (Easter) with barely much effort so...? I believe I had a cooldown time of 10 minutes.

(Apparently the cooldown is normally between 5-15 minutes, so I was in between both times. 0-0)

Still, there were 62 eggs to collect, that's pretty crazy. I mean, it's nice to see so many designs but oof, so much refreshing.

I remember back in 2009 or 2010, we just had 38 and 53 eggs respectively (https://dragcave.net/easter/KenKazaki2). I liked seeing the new design each time though.

Edited by KenKazaki2

I miscalculated the time too. I taught I had till Wednesday night to complete the egg hunt, I just was about to sit down and do some hunting. 😢

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

Just to attempt to clear things up.... We did have 3 full days. And it was until the 24th. We just have to remember that DC-time is a specific timezone, so you have to account for that when calculating when it will end. It started DC-time midnight start of Sunday, and ended DC-time midnight start of Wednesday, which was indeed 72 hours. To put it into my timezone, for me it started 9pm Saturday and ended 9pm Tuesday. 72 hours. 3 days. 

This topic was started at 6am on Sunday (I thought DC time). It was reasonable therefore to assume that it would last until 6am today, instead of midnight. :) But really, arguing about semantics isn't going to change much right now and I won't really be losing sleep about missing out on pixel eggs.

EDIT: Just to clarify - I am not complaining. I definitely miscalculated and that is my bad. :) Went "WHOOPS" out loud when I realised this morning!

Edited by Blue Nadir
Wanted to add another thought!

While I was able to catch all 62 eggs...I feel bad sometimes for people that do not have the time.

I really wish, sometimes, that it wasn't against the rules to help other people out. I mean, more or less, if they gave you access to their account - you could help them find eggs. But, I get that counts as multi-scrolling or whatever, and, it's risky, AND...........the risk people would harass you because YOU have a life as well. It's possible people would just get more entitled and think you're their personal egg finding slave and not try to do it themselves :/ Maybe. 

I loved the eggs, thank you to everyone involved in the design and the actual Easter Egg Hunt! ❤️ I too would have liked some more time, just another day would have been fine, since there is so much to do on the actual holiday that I can never dedicate as much time to the egg hunt as I want to. It would be awesome to have another day to gather those amazing eggs! :)

Posted (edited)

I missed some of the eggs too. 62 was just too many without gluing myself to the screen. Damn.

1 hour ago, camelia2 said:

Easter is on 28.... in 4 days... 

A site is not existing for itself, it exists and survives for and with people....that have jobs.... any manager knows, listen to your clients or you'll shut down. So yeah, it is kind of his problem.

We're not exactly paying him for services. He's never fixed any of the other event stuff that people complained about and yet we're still here lol.

Edited by Charity322

Dang, first year I missed out! The whole holiday kind of snuck up on me this year...

I missed half the eggs due to my full time job but however. 

Six eggs. I collected six eggs.

I didn't have nearly enough time to collect them all. Frustrated that I couldn't see all the amazing little artworks, but I can't fathom being able to collect 62 eggs in the time I dedicate to DC every day ✖✖ 

I got 12. Started collecting yesterday. Kinda forgot about it since I've been busy with work. -_-

I've gotten 56 eggs and dont seem to be getting anymore. In the morning, i got a few eggs and my total went up to 56 eggs. Then now in the evening, i cant seem to find any. I have refreshed the page multiple times. I'm confused. 😕

I got 52, which is pretty decent for me. I've been too busy to glue myself to dc for getting eggs!

2 hours ago, stagazer_7 said:

Sadly it's over, I miscalculated as well and missed on many pretty eggs. I'm quite bummed about this as there were many I wished to get... There's simply not enough time to collect so many eggs, 30 eggs yes, but not 62... there should be either more time, less eggs or shorter time between sprite appearance. I loved all the sprites, it's just that this was the first time in a while I've been so busy I couldn't collect them all, so I'm a little dissapointed I simply could not manage my time better... Thanks spriters, I wish I could get all your artwork!

But seriously, is there a way to expand this event as so many people didn't manage to collect this large number of eggs? It wouldn't hurt anyone and would give us the extra time we need to collect the sprites we're missing...

Yeah, I really wish if we collected the entire set of one year, the old sprites would start showing up giving us a chance to afterwards.

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I know this, sadly to me I thought it would end at midnight on the 24th, not 23rd. I'm actually on DC time as it's EST.

26/62

Huh, it makes a nice palindrome.

I had after-school activities and had to get off the computer at 7PM, more or less, which doesn't leave much time.  I think I've got most of the really cool ones, although not the feesh.  So I'm not too upset.  But then, I haven't gotten them all in past years, either, so this isn't "first-time failure" for me like it is for some.

Posted (edited)

Three full days. 72 eggs. A news post as soon as it started ( if you had set up to get instant notifications of a news post, for those in the Orthodox church, it would have sorted that one - perhaps do it before the next religion-dated festival ?...)

Ten minute drops - or even say, 15 minutes. That's time for 432 drops. Say 400 to allow for hiccups. Halve it to allow for being asleep half the time (which almost no-one is... - probably most people are asleep for more like 8 hours) - 200 drops for 62 eggs. Even for a single 8 hour day dropping by every 10 minutes, you'd have got 48.

Eggs WERE still being added to baskets even when the basket page went blank. And it was that way for a bout an hour, as far as I can see from posts - so even then, only 6 potential missed drops if you didn't carry on bravely clicking them

Life - I had grandchildren staying here over the holiday and was therefore  out/AFK a lot. I also had a lot of gardening/washing/ cooking etc to do, and more. Age - I am 74. I had 54 of them by the end of Easter Day. In 11 hours give or take - and I wasn't at my desk the whole time. Loads of people also play on mobile - I didn't have it all with me when I went out !

Playing this stuff is a choice. TJ provides it for free. You don't have to be here. But it was absolutely possible to get all the FoE eggs with no real problem except absent-mindedness or total loss of internet. 

I suppose it might help another time if the scroll clock named the date as well as the time - though I do find it hard to believe that TJ's description of the time slot wasn't clear enough.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

8 hours ago, TheWolfShapedBullet said:

I really don't understand why people are complaining so much.

I missed a lot of eggs in 2014 that I can never get now (mostly due to life stuff) and I'm sure that there are a lot of new users who would like to get eggs from past years and can't.

This probably isn't going to change, unless TJ decides otherwise.

Whining doesn't help anything. It's merely annoying.

Things that affect the whole majority of the site can't/shouldn't be altered abruptly every single time some people are put out by it. 

Life isn't meant to be fair, especially not in a simple pixel game. It is what it is. We all have to deal with it.

Everyone needs to just concentrate on having fun and chill out. -_-

I dont think that everyone can understand you Vixendra, selfishness is also part of this game. the ideology that "Life isn't meant to be fair, especially not in a simple pixel game. It is what it is. We all have to deal with it." is getting on my nerves quite a bit since i'm collecting dragons, not trying to get a job in real life here.

Is it that hard to understand that, as precise collectors, we whish to be able to collect every single little pixel of this game? Comparing this game with real life makes no sense at all?

I'm actually glad TJ made some important changes over the years, as you said. Re relasing old CB holidays for example was a blessing. Opening the raffle was a belssing compared to what was before. I actually trust him on his work, if he has done these changes it means he has eyes to notice that the game he invested so much on has still small flaws that could be fixed, no matter what the "non whining part" of the userbase says.

Posted (edited)

Well, here's my opinion. I was able to collect all the eggs with plenty of time to spare (and btw I have a full-time job, I work weekends - this last one being no exception, and I had a family gathering to attend on Monday for the holiday...but hey, everyone's situation is different and I'm just lucky I have a job where I can goof off haha) but having said that, I'm sympathetic to everyone who wasn't able to find the time to collect all these eggs. As a completionist, I know the pain of having an incomplete collection. I especially feel for the spriter who said they weren't even able to collect their own egg, gosh, that's brutal. :(

I think the obvious solution is to extend the time allowed for these events. Three days, when one day is a holiday and one or two of those days are the weekend (again, some of us work weekends! And some of us work holidays! Those aren't guaranteed free days in the real world), is cutting it pretty close for a lot of people. It doesn't leave enough of a cushion in case any of those days don't work for us for some reason. Those of us who are lucky enough to be in a position to catch them all are just that: lucky. I don't think we need to lecture people about the unfairness of the world just because they don't have the advantages we have. Games should be fun, not stressful, especially one like DC which is mostly a pretty relaxed collecting game.

I don't support reducing the number of eggs though. Extend the event, decrease waiting times, but please let us have as many eggs as possible!

Edited by AtomicSquid

2 minutes ago, AtomicSquid said:

Well, here's my opinion. I was able to collect all the eggs with plenty of time to spare (and btw I have a full-time job, I work weekends - this last one being no exception, and I had a family gathering to attend on Monday for the holiday...but hey, everyone's situation is different and I'm just lucky I have a job where I can goof off haha) but having said that, I'm sympathetic to everyone who wasn't able to find the time to collect all these eggs. As a completionist, I know the pain of having an incomplete collection. I especially feel for the spriter who said they weren't even able to collect their own egg, gosh, that's brutal. :(

I think the obvious solution is to extend the time allowed for these events. Three days, when one day is a holiday and two of those days are the weekend (again, some of us work weekends! And some of us work holidays! Those aren't guaranteed free days in the real world), is cutting it pretty close for a lot of people. It doesn't leave enough of a cushion in case any of those days don't work for us for some reason. Those of us who are lucky enough to be in a position to catch them all are just that: lucky. I don't think we need to lecture people about the unfairness of the world just because they don't have the advantages we have. Games should be fun, not stressful, especially one like DC which is mostly a pretty relaxed collecting game.

I don't support reducing the number of eggs though. Extend the event, decrease waiting times, but please let us have as many eggs as possible!

I want to hug you and your words if it's possible. I couldn't say it better.

Finally someone who doesnt say "I managed, lol, it was perfectly doable, you sure havent invested time and planned your holiday perfectly as I did"

Posted (edited)

I worked on all days (weekend and Easter Monday) and I got 55. The only thing I'm sad about is the fact that the Stargate egg isn't among those.

I agree that 1 day more to hunt would have been nice, though. ;)

Edited by SickThing