TJ09

2019-04-21 - Festival Of Eggs Begins!

I should add, being the one whining about math, that I AM on track to get all the eggs myself... But it's still a pain and I'm having to basically work my entire evening two evenings in a row for it.

Honestly, I feel that this greatly diminishes the point of the event: it should be FUN to collect the eggs, not a chore to desperately scramble to race to get them all before the deadline.  It doesn't have to be easy to get them all, just reasonable.

Oof, managed to collect all of them in time! Lots of great eggs this year, but my favorites are the one with the octopus and the one with the purple dragon :)

62 is a bit much tbh. Enjoying the artwork and appreciate everyone who made an effort, but maybe it's smart to keep a limit. Especially since the drop rate can be up to 15 min.

Will there be new dragons released soon? I can't remember when they came out last year compared to the festival of eggs. 

I've finished my little egg collection for this year. It was good fun, I didn't get most of the references but the MBMBaM and Lugia ones really made me smile, thank you spriters for submitting your wonderful works of art.

3 minutes ago, Aqub said:

Will there be new dragons released soon? I can't remember when they came out last year compared to the festival of eggs. 

should be a release sometime this month. same as every month.  FoE is separate and has nothing to do with releases.

3 minutes ago, Aqub said:

Dragon cave birthday is 22th of May, usually there is a big release around that week. 

I dunno if April will have one, if it does I belive it will be a small one to compensate, hopefully this weekend. 

Whoever made that Stargate egg, you are a pure genius! I love SG1! and to see a Stargate egg... just Eeee!!! :wub:

ETA: Sorry, I know, I'm such a nerd. lol. xD

Edited by Syiren

Oh jeez, not sure why I thought festival of eggs meant new dragons, especially since I've been here for a few. :P There was an April release last year, so yeah, hopefully there will be one within a week. :lol:

20 minutes ago, SerasVahe said:

62 is a bit much tbh. Enjoying the artwork and appreciate everyone who made an effort, but maybe it's smart to keep a limit. Especially since the drop rate can be up to 15 min.

I'd love to see the drop rate tinkered with, something more in the range of 5-8 minutes instead of 10-15. 62 eggs does seem like a lot, but it's actually not *that* much more then we've had past years... each year since 2013 we've had over 50 eggs, and we actually did have 62 eggs before, in 2015. There are so many awesome, beautiful, and fun eggs each year I'd hate to see it limited to less, much rather see the drop rate change.

I too wish the drop rate were a bit faster, this will be the first year I haven't collected all of the eggs. Oh well, maybe next year.

These are fantastic and were fun to collect.

Is the tiny pink one a soul gem from Madoka or a Faberge egg? I freaking love it either way! So many of these are wonderful. Great job spriters!

37 down. 25 to go. Rrawwrrrr. 3 hours to go. Falls over. 

I had a lot of life happen these past few days.  I'm sad that this will be the first year that I won't be able to get all the eggs. :(  I only have 29.

I managed to collect almost all of mine in just today by keeping my phone on dragcave and refreshing when I thought about it. That is a shame that some people weren't able to have the time to do that though. Maybe with more eggs every year, an additional day would be helpful.

I have 44 of the 62. I'm hoping I have enough time to get them all. Even if I don't I got the Stargate egg finally, so I'm happy.

I don't think I'm going to get all the eggs this year.  I've been trying very hard, but they just don't drop often enough.  Sigh. 

Well... in recent years there's been a biome specifically for some people to snag the CB versions of past holiday eggs. I'd love an opportunity at some point to gather eggs from past Festivals in a similar fashion. 

Maybe have the past years' eggs drop for the three days prior with the current years' festival starting at midnight on Easter as usual.

Just a thought! ^_^

So THAT was what was up with the eggs!  I was wondering why it was taking so long to find any!!  Yeah, they really need to fix the timer to around 5 min.  I mean a new round of eggs drops in the biomes every 5 minutes, why wouldn't it be the same for the event eggs??  It definitely would help those who aren't constantly on the website.

Just need 1 more for all... They are all beautiful! However, my compulsive tidy side would be much happier with a multiple of 6 so the rows line up nicely!

I agree, there simply isn't enough time to get all these. I was traveling for Easter and didn't get home until late yesterday, and had to work all day today... I've got about half of them now but I'll never get them all. This will be the first time in years that I won't be able to get the complete collection and it's making me sad.

Thank you for another wonderful Easter egg hunt!  Loved the beauty, humour, artistry and imagination of all the eggs! 

Sad last year I was sick and was only able to collect a pathetic handful, but so happy I finally caught them all this year.  Thank you TJ, DC, and all the wonderful spriters who make this place so magical and fun...   :wub:

I think I have 52 eggs..? Grinding for eggs between family dinner on Easter and then not being able to get on until around 4 PM EST cuz of work each day (like heck I'm gonna attempt to get on before work each day when I'm up normally at 5 AM EST) means... it's hard to get all the eggs w/o burning out. It's a fun event, ngl, love seeing all the egg creations, but it's a bit of a chore to track them all down when I'm away for basically 2/3rds of the event's run time...

Has a list been posted anywhere yet showing all of the egg sprites and the artists who designed them?