TJ09

2019-04-21 - Festival Of Eggs Begins!

So. I set my alarm for 14 minutes, but it’s been taking a good twenty minutes. Anyone else notice this? :o 

I think it would be ideal to start it from good friday onward. That may cover a lot of people having time off.

Can't believe I managed to get them all.

They're all great eggs, though the two with legs seem a bit creepy to me.  But that's just my personal preference.  Well done, spriters!

My favorites are the panda and prism eggs.

This is the egg I was able to contribute this year:

Spoiler

dd37nat-cdc75a5b-703a-4a15-af7d-7646f98e

The egg is supposed to depict a horrorterror from Homestuck.

I'm probably not going to get all the eggs but I got the ones I really wanted, so I'm happy. I was so worried I wouldn't get the Stargate one, but I have it and the Code Geass egg to boot. There's a lot of other really nice ones this year too! I hope we get a complete list with refs and artists at the end. 

ETA: @Data_Girl_3 oh phew~ I'm glad I'm not the only one who was a bit put off by those two. I have one of them, but the other is still out there for me to find. They're very well done artistic-wise, just... a bit odd? nothing wrong with them, they just give off a different vibe.

Edited by Syiren

22 minutes ago, raevela said:

Has a list been posted anywhere yet showing all of the egg sprites and the artists who designed them?

There will likely be one before the thread closes, but so far a lot of the artists came forward to claim which one was theirs =D

7 minutes ago, Starscream said:

I think it would be ideal to start it from good friday onward. That may cover a lot of people having time off.

Agreed. I was able to get all of them between the release night and the first day's evening, but I know a lot of people travel or have super busy lives and will miss out on stuff, especially on Monday/Tuesday 😕

I do wish we had at least 5 days to get them all.  Today is the only day I've been able to spend time catching them and I'm probably only going to get half.  It's been the same situation the past few years.  Ah, well.  I like the ones I have!

So, someone someone in this thread mentioned the egg they made was Fabergé-styled, which I've heard of but never really knew much about... I've spent a good 3 hours today researching the history/location/etc of every single Fabergé egg, so thanks to whoever said that! lol That was a fun little research project! 

Finally got all the eggs, I thought I would miss some this year... now I really need my bed, just too tired.

55/62 I would SO love to have more time!

Between work and life there really isn't much of it left to get the entire collection done. That has been my experience for most years, so I'm pretty used to the not having the entire thing. XD

At least found bikini shrek, emoji, the pinapple, and the devil shadow eggs today. If I can just get the coral reef and the sexy l'egg, I'll be happy!

Sigh.

I miss when the eggs and treats would both drop after five minutes. But this 15 minute interval makes it impossible. I only have seven eggs left, but if it takes fifteen minutes I will not get them all.

I’ve worked the last three days. Thirty six hours. Not including driving. We really either need more days, or shorter drop intervals. 

Edit: in the hour’s time, i managed to get four. 😒 fifteen minutes ended up being my drop time despite checking far more often. Sighhh. 

Edited by Wandering4Ever

Wonderful event and so many awesome eggs DC you have outdone yourself that is for sure way to go !!!  I do have an idea for next year would it be possible to have a Easter Dragon much like how we have for Halloween, Christmas and Valentines.  That would be beyond epic oh please would you consider XD

Hey, I actually have about six eggs left!  I might be able to finish this year after all!!

Alas, my basket won't be full this year, but I will have gotten most of them, and I appreciate everyone who put their time into making the eggs. ^..^

Welp!  Less than one hour to go and no way in heck that I am going to get all of the Eggs....

I've only got 43 Eggs and MAY get 46 or 47 before times up...   sigh...

40 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

So, someone someone in this thread mentioned the egg they made was Fabergé-styled, which I've heard of but never really knew much about... I've spent a good 3 hours today researching the history/location/etc of every single Fabergé egg, so thanks to whoever said that! lol That was a fun little research project! 

You're welcome.

I've been fairly fascinated by the Faberge eggs for a long time.

Finally! I've got them all, and just in time! There are so many amazing ones this year! Stargate  was my favorite. I didn't "get" a lot of them. I'm looking forward to an explanation of all of them.This was a wonderful event this year! Thank you to all of the wonderful artists who donated their time and creativity to those of us who have only the ability to admire! ❤️