TJ09

2018-10-25 - Halloween Event

1 minute ago, random_dragon_collector said:

So will the new October 31 dragons be included in the "no limits" for Halloween dragons?

Yep.  In past years you could grab as many as you had space for!

Just now, stardust13 said:

I definitely need another shot at the event! Someone worked so hard on it, and I know I missed about half of the stops - I'd like to try again now that I understand it better. Pretty please?

🦄

I feel the same way. I wish we could go back and replay it! I know I missed a lot, although I thought I was trying all the options. I didn't know going back at the very beginning was something I should try (so I missed the potatoes!weepy.gif) . And it seemed like there were other options that I never got a second chance at if I chose another one.

looking back at the old halloween dragons it seems we ack of a rotten green one. something like a swamp monster would be lovely

[Some spoilers relating to the story ahead, so I hid it.]

Spoiler

I kind of wish attacking the witch with the dagger was an option, though throwing a pumpkin saying "Happy halloween b----" was pretty funny. I would like to go back in the story and make sure swinging wildly at a troll, not hitting anything but the air, doesn't somehow break the dagger. Or maybe attacking the 'white dragon' when she wants the totems (I mean, obviously that's the witch).

But yeah, there's several routes I could've went, and I'm not sure I was smartest when I went through it. There should be an option to replay the mission to see other options, or just to play through the story again (Need more pumpkin throwing).

I also agree, it'd be nice to be able to go back and replay the story! I assumed we would be able to, so now I'm sad I can't fully explore things.

Also, help me remember - did we do an event like this before where we couldn't go back and pick up missing items? I want to say this is the first time I've been locked out at the end. What a bummer, not to be able to toy with it all week!

17 minutes ago, stardust13 said:

Also, help me remember - did we do an event like this before where we couldn't go back and pick up missing items? I want to say this is the first time I've been locked out at the end. What a bummer, not to be able to toy with it all week!

We've done several - and I know in at least one of them (Haunting in Aliset - think that was 2012), TJ added an item after the fact and people were able to go back and get it. The Haunted House event of 2011 also let people replay it.

I adored the choose your own adventure story! Good luck dragon hatching everyone, can't wait for Halloween! :D

7 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

We've done several - and I know in at least one of them (Haunting in Aliset - think that was 2012), TJ added an item after the fact and people were able to go back and get it. The Haunted House event of 2011 also let people replay it.

Thank you. I thought it was odd to get locked out at the end. Events usually last all week, no matter how soon you go through it. I entered the first day and moved around until I received an item because usually, the events are progressive and I wanted that "just in case" first item. But then I couldn't get back at all, only move forward. Sounds like I missed all the best bits, too!

1 hour ago, Naruhina_94 said:

looking back at the old halloween dragons it seems we ack of a rotten green one. something like a swamp monster would be lovely

Ohhhh yes! That would be awesome. 

I finally got the horse treat!! I've been waiting for that one. So beautiful!

I finished the Halloween event, following the walkthrough on page 13, but I seem to be missing an item. I think I'm missing the flower from this comment. Does someone have a screenshot of that one, so I can confirm? (I'm sick at the moment, so my brain isn't working well. Yes, I genuinely think I might have a flower without being able to identify it. XD)

Started the craze for dragons last night!! Boy oh boy, hoarding those beautiful pumpkin dragons :') The treats this year are pretty cute, too! Happy hunting everyone! I can't wait to see what this year's dragon looks like :o

Well I've got all my treats now and am egg locked with most of the CBs I want, though I still need a Desipis. Hopefully the babs will be female or I can do a swap if they turn out male, I'd love to be able to breed them to my Prize. I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get all the items in the adventure, I didn't realise I could go back to my home at the start or that there were items back at the tree and the shack. Oh well, I think the adorable little bat skeleton makes up for only collecting 13 items.

I am SO GLAD that i didn't start the spooky forest story yet, I'm a collector and my OCD will kill me if I missed just 1 item XD

Although I do wish that they warn us about these things.

now I'm wondering if the badge will be the same whether we collect them all or not?

I don't know who that witch thought she was fooling with that disguise (then again I guess people in Valkamare aren't as genre savvy as a player would be).

I kinda feel like she should have had a witchlight dragon instead of an omen wyrm. She already showed illusion abilities and she's a witch; it just would have been so fitting!

I guess the omen was worth it for the running water joke though.

Edited by blockEdragon

24 minutes ago, meruru said:

now I'm wondering if the badge will be the same whether we collect them all or not?

I compared my badge with someone who didn't collect all items in the game, and they seem the same to me :)

2 hours ago, Naruhina_94 said:

That would be awesome. We also still need a werewolf, a mummy and a Frankenstein's monster style dragon. :)

I have 44 treats I've collected. What's the total count this year?

1 minute ago, Syiren said:

I have 44 treats I've collected. What's the total count this year?

49 total treats this year :)

Edited by Cinspawn

Lots of our Halloween dragons are scary… maybe it’s time for a treat instead of a trick. ;) Some trick-or-treating candy dragons to go with our pumpkins would be adorable. 

10 minutes ago, Cinspawn said:

49 total treats this year :)

awesome, thank you. ^_^

9 minutes ago, Niyaka said:

Lots of our Halloween dragons are scary… maybe it’s time for a treat instead of a trick. ;) Some trick-or-treating candy dragons to go with our pumpkins would be adorable. 

Ou~ I like that! Maybe a Candy Corn pygmy! :wub:

OMG!!!  I just got the Stallion in the ToT....  He is beautiful!!!

16 minutes ago, scalesofgrey said:

The Chocobo in the pumpkin and the Mismagius are my favourite treats so far!

I was hoping that was a Chocobo. :wub: