TJ09

2018-10-25 - Halloween Event

7 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

So will the new October 31 dragons be included in the "no limits" for Halloween dragons?

Pretty sure there is a 2 CB new Halloween limit, if that is what you mean.

I was on the abandoned page for some halloweens and I found a generation 19 thuwed decendant of the messiest lineage. I love it so much. I think I'm allowed to post lineage links here- so I will.

One Messy Boi

Hah! I love it when I get another friend into dragon cave. Finally convinced her to make a scroll by telling her it was the perfect chance to get Halloween dragons. She's crazy about this holiday since it's her birthday month. I coached her through catching and she nabbed herself some CB Halloween babies. I wish she wasn't so shy though, I'd have her make a forum account too, she's hilariously funny though. It was kinda cute when she asked how many times she needed to click on them to hatch. It reminded me of when I manually clicked on my first three to get them to hatch. Hopefully she falls in love with the game and I can help her get some awesome stuff. :D

@Wolves-and-Wings Halloween dragons don't have a 2 CB limit. Christmas and Valentines do, but this holiday doesn't. ;)

Edited by Syiren

Just now, Wolves-and-Wings said:

I was on the abandoned page for some halloweens and I found a generation 19 thuwed decendant of the messiest lineage. I love it so much. I think I'm allowed to post lineage links here- so I will.

One Messy Boi

Nope - Halloweens are the only Holidays NOT m limited to two CBs.

Halloween is about GREED :D

11 minutes ago, Pilauli said:

Has anyone completed it with less than 13 items?  I wonder if that's the minimum, and if anyone tries to do these things with the fewest items possible.

(I got a fair number, but I only got one potato and I think I'm missing a couple of other items.)

I finished with 12. I haven't seen anyone post a number lower than that yet. 

1 hour ago, hazeh said:

Hide contents

If you went back to the house in the beginning, you can go down to the cellar. One of the options is to take a potato, and if you select multiple times you get more potatoes until eventually a potato sack. The prose for each one was hilarious, I thought.

Aww, I didn't do that.

I think I got all the ToTs now, 49 of them. Dang, that was fun, wish it wasn't over so fast. Still haven't finished the game thing, kind of trying to wait a bit for that. 

Looks like I found only 15 out of the 24 items from the adventure.  Can't go back in to find them since I completed the story.

I think I have all 49 ToTs. I made four of them, and I'm happy one in particular garnered some attention.

Is there an option to replay the game? I don't think I have all the items and I am a severe completionist. I really NEED to have all of them. Any advice?

15 minutes ago, Biscuit19131 said:

Which ToT would that be?

Trick or Treat.  The little icons that appear every so often around DragCave pages.

@Royal-Tentacle I was wondering what the sprite was. When I first glanced at it, it looked like a plant. I guess with a sprite so small, especially in comparison to sprites such as the eagle head and the crystal ball, you can never really do the image justice. Though, it is a very cute sprite.

Oh, man.  I misread that as being, essentially, "do you mean Trick or Treat or Time of Turtles?"  (No, Time of Turtles is not, as far as I know, a thing.)  I somehow completely missed the part where Royal-Tentacle sprited one of them.  Evidently, I needed a reminder not to skim things.

@Pilauli Don't worry, it's really no issue. I skim things all the time, even when I really need to pay closer attention. And I took no offense to your reply, in fact, it's a good thing that someone is willing to answer someone's question, since I have come across plenty of people in past games that would ignore my questions.

1 hour ago, Pilauli said:

Has anyone completed it with less than 13 items?  I wonder if that's the minimum, and if anyone tries to do these things with the fewest items possible.

(I got a fair number, but I only got one potato and I think I'm missing a couple of other items.)

Hm, you need the life crystal, the jar, and all the totems. (and the bucket.)

So I think you need at least 9 items to get through.

Edit: Hm.... you might need the dagger too so at least 10 items.

Edited by Lady Dragoon

Just in case TJ is still reading this thread:

Thanks for the great Halloween entertainment! This is my first DC Holiday event, and it's been super fun.

The "choose your own adventure" story is clever and well-written, with nice touches of humor. The "trick or treat" items are well-designed and fun to catch (thanks, spriters!), and overall this has really brightened my month.

Kudos to TJ and to the talented artists (and admins) who keep DC fresh, fun and friendly!

I just got the 49th ToT! It was so fun collecting them, but I'm not going to go as far as to say that I miss collecting them. It sure was fun, but I'd like to just relax and raise my dragons now without worrying where the other ToTs are. Kudos to the spriters for such a fun element for Halloween!

2 hours ago, Wolves-and-Wings said:

One Messy Boi

That's not just a Thuwed, it's a Dorkface too. :) Descended from some of my dragons, who are descended from Midas Dorkface