Shokomon

Watching the Market

Ugh, I've been trying to save for a pair of CB Staterae, since it's clear I'll probably never be able to get any from trade or be lucky enough to catch them on my own, but from checking this thread, the price keeps going up and up. I thought today might be a good date to get them, but I still can't get two at the same time. I could buy some CB Golds or Silvers I need, since they're so cheap now, but I really need Staterae.

On 12/22/2020 at 10:59 AM, Shokomon said:

- Why are  Nexuses so expensive? They are are almost the same prices as Silvers. SILVERS!

That is crazy.

On 12/22/2020 at 10:59 AM, Shokomon said:

- And Magmas continue to be absurdly expensive.

I wonder if there is a lore bit to why Magmas are so expensive. Like you literally have to wade through Magma to get an egg, and that's a very dangerous job?

Wow, I went back to check and I can't believe how insanely expensive Trios are. Even more than Staterae and metals! I like your theory, though. :P Presumably the Thunders try to strike you down for stealing their eggs, and the Ice dragons turn you into meat popcicles.

Are gold prices likely to go up by tomorrow? I can just barely afford one right now, but I'd have to dump something for it... 🤔

*decides to buy a Staterae so I can begin attempting to breed 2G mates for my 2G Solstices from Staterae*

*sees the Staterae is now the same amount as Golds*
DX
*internally berates self for not buying the purple noodle while it was still 1,900 Shards*

:dry:

Edited by LadyLoki

I've noticed a couple times that Stat prices will increase on Monday as opposed to Sunday. YMMV of course, but best to get the weekly allotment of shards in asap to get a Stat before the price increases for the week (as seems to be its current pattern).

Ooops. I haven't done the price update in a while. Lemme do that now...

Prices of Rare Dragons and Dragons of Interest:

Spoiler

Aeon Wyvern

Blusang Lindwyrm

Cheese Dragon

Copper Dragons

Gilded Bloodscale Dragon

Gold Dragon

Golden Wyvern

Ice Dragon

Imperial Fleshcrowne Dragon

Magma Dragon

Nexus Dragon

Paper Dragon

Silver Dragon

Thunder Dragon

Xenowyrm (Staterae)

Xenowyrms (2015)

Xenowyrms (2020)

Diplodocus carnegii

Gallus gallus domesticus

Parasaurolophus cyrtocristatus

Pterodactylus maximus

Stegosaurus stenops

Triceratops horridus

Bolded = the most expensive item; Underlined = True Rares; Green = Price Down from last post; Red Price Up from last post

- Straterae are the same price as golds....WHY?

- Nexuses are still too expensive.

- Magma prices are declining. Yay! Still expensive though.

- It's really good time to get Golds and Silvers. 2,000 shards or less!

- Trios outstrip gold prices by a lot...

Why, Straterae? WHHHHHHHY???!!!

Edited by Shokomon
spacing edits

On 1/13/2021 at 8:53 PM, Shokomon said:

- Straterae are the same price as golds....WHY?

Well. I bought my first Market Gold for 4000 shards.

I bought my second Market Gold this week for 2000 shards.

And people were afraid that Golds would get too common with the Market XD

Yikes. 2100 for a Staterae. I just started playing again back in early Nov and trying to get one has been on my "to do" list since I missed out on getting them when they released (obviously). I've spent hours in the habitats page (more than I can count) even trying to find one. At this point, I've made it a game to see how many CB Trios and Xenos I can collect. I have a lineage idea for Xenos I could get started on, but man it's really awful trying to find a Staterae. The ones people post up in trading boards always want ridiculous stuff like 2nd gen SAlts and NDs... you know. The things that only a select few can create. 

I've never seen a Xeno or an Aeon in habitats, but Trios seem to be uncommon? Why are the prices so disproportionate for their actual drop rates? Magmas are so ridiculous in price and I've seen about 3-4. Even though I've only caught 1, it feels... wrong that Aeons and Xenos are more rare than Trios. Honestly I'm probably going to burn my shards on an Aeon instead of a Staterae since it just keeps going up and up. I remember that it used to be 1700 like Aeons...

I still don't think I've *seen* a Stat in the biomes since the release, and they just keep going up in price... More expensive than a Gold, wow. 

@Charu  The speculation about Trio prices is that they are so expensive because they can Summon a GoN and GoNs themselves are basically a Really Big Deal in-game. It does seem strange though, and it makes the logic behind Market prices a lot murkier.... Originally they were said to be based on over/under population, but it's obvious now there are other things at play. Which makes it a lot harder to predict prices (for saving up and such).

5 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

The speculation about Trio prices is that they are so expensive because they can Summon a GoN and GoNs themselves are basically a Really Big Deal in-game.

I'm not sure where you heard that: the speculation I've always heard is that trios are just overpopulated, with the reason that people keep breeding them despite this is for the GoNs. So still overpopulation, we just keep pushing it up because reasons. Which fits with the fact that in-cave they're way more common than expected, but when breeding they breed like (or worse than) golds and silvers.

Population level with a rarity multiplier, and a slightly different system for unbreedables, makes perfect sense to me.

8 hours ago, Charu said:

The ones people post up in trading boards always want ridiculous stuff like 2nd gen SAlts and NDs

Nowadays pretty much anyone can make NDs as long as they have patience and a reliable schedule at least one day per week. You could try your luck?

Edited by Shadowdrake

11 hours ago, Charu said:

Yikes. 2100 for a Staterae. I just started playing again back in early Nov and trying to get one has been on my "to do" list since I missed out on getting them when they released (obviously). I've spent hours in the habitats page (more than I can count) even trying to find one. At this point, I've made it a game to see how many CB Trios and Xenos I can collect. I have a lineage idea for Xenos I could get started on, but man it's really awful trying to find a Staterae. The ones people post up in trading boards always want ridiculous stuff like 2nd gen SAlts and NDs... you know. The things that only a select few can create. 

I've never seen a Xeno or an Aeon in habitats, but Trios seem to be uncommon? Why are the prices so disproportionate for their actual drop rates? Magmas are so ridiculous in price and I've seen about 3-4. Even though I've only caught 1, it feels... wrong that Aeons and Xenos are more rare than Trios. Honestly I'm probably going to burn my shards on an Aeon instead of a Staterae since it just keeps going up and up. I remember that it used to be 1700 like Aeons...

Well, Aeons actually make sense. They have a very, very useful BSA, which ups their rarity due to players picking them up and breeding them. Aeons used to be 800 shards back in May 2018, and they have been creeping up every since. They are probably way more common than they appear.

Same goes for Xenos, they are a breed that get picked up really fast, especially with the addition of the Straterae, which makes the breed even MORE valuable. They were hard to grab already when it was just the 2015 versions availabe. Also, with how hard it is to actually BREED Straterae (got one kid and then never again), it make sense for the prices to be high.

What IS weird is how low the cost is for Silvers and Golds. Those two are the only dragons who are truly defined as Rare. Yet, their prices keep going down. Golds were in the 4000's shards range at one point, and the prices has bobbed and down, but recently trended down and STAYED down. A piece of me wonders if it's because people aren't breeding Golds and Silvers as often, in favor of BSA dragons, the Xenos, and the Zyumorphs. 

Trios honestly are just weird. They've always been high. It makes me actually think there is a lore bit to why their prices are so exorbitant. It may be because of their ties to the GoN like @HeatherMarie, though it could be a combination for both Heathermarie's and @Shadowdrake's points. Prices are high because 1)Summon BSA, and 2) people breeding them for the Summon BSA, since the more Trios you have, the easier it is to summon a GoN... I still think there is a lore bit for them that we don't know about though...

On that note, lemme post up the price list!

Prices of Rare Dragons and Dragons of Interest:

Spoiler

Aeon Wyvern

Blusang Lindwyrm

Cheese Dragon

Copper Dragons

Gilded Bloodscale Dragon

Gold Dragon

Golden Wyvern

Ice Dragon

Imperial Fleshcrowne Dragon

Magma Dragon

Nexus Dragon

Paper Dragon

Silver Dragon

Thunder Dragon

Xenowyrm (Staterae)

Xenowyrms (2015)

Xenowyrms (2020)

Diplodocus carnegii

Gallus gallus domesticus

Parasaurolophus cyrtocristatus

Pterodactylus maximus

Stegosaurus stenops

Triceratops horridus

Bolded = the most expensive item; Underlined = True Rares; Italicized = Interesting or Unsual Pricing; Green = Price Down from last post; Red = Price Up from last post

• Nexuses are just going to be expensive I guess.
  • Magmas are still the most expensive thing on the board, and the Trios continue to be weird.
  • The Straterae have officially passed Golds in pricing.
    • ...WHY?
  • Golds and Slivers continue to be really cheap (2000 shards and less). Buy them now. NOW. Don't wait!
    • Why are they so low????!??!?!?!!!!??!?!?

And that's it. Let the discussion continue!

1 minute ago, Shokomon said:

Golds and Slivers continue to be really cheap (2000 shards and less). Buy them now. NOW. Don't wait

I feel prioritizing stats would be better. You never know how high they're gonna go before they drop again. They could even hit old gold levels, and goodness knows they're trading for more than golds do right now.

3 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Nowadays pretty much anyone can make NDs as long as they have patience and a reliable schedule at least one day per week. You could try your luck?

I've tried and I have just given up on it. I've seen ND eggs with >24 hours remaining, then other people say you need to drop it in all of the things at the last minute. However, I've timed hatcheries and they don't seem like they can hatch an egg within minutes, let alone turn them. I've tried the topic outlined on this board and I haven't had success either. 

Edited by Charu

7 minutes ago, Charu said:

I've seen ND eggs with >24 hours remaining

Well, yeah, they gain a day because we send it off to someone at the last minute to get the day back when it would just die. The odds are against you, but that's bc they're rare. The methods outlined have been adjusted from their first iteration, and should lead to a success eventually as long as you use the right breeds.

I remebered that bought Staterae for 1200 after release, and since I gathered 1200 I went to buy one... whooops! First 2 digits have switched! xD

2200 for Staterae now. 

Also people are asking for things like Dino’s for bred Stateraes. Insane. Golds and Silvers are still cheaper by a long mile, but I have always had bad luck getting those to breed. 

Edited by Charu

Stats are currently 2,600. Up from 2500 this past week. Kind of wondering how high they might go.

On 2/5/2021 at 3:46 PM, Charu said:

2200 for Staterae now. 

Also people are asking for things like Dino’s for bred Stateraes. Insane. Golds and Silvers are still cheaper by a long mile, but I have always had bad luck getting those to breed. 

I don't think that's unreasonable actually. Bred staterae are VERY hard to get; I have a couple of bred stat IOUs that have been waiting ages... It's not as if they usually breed true.

https://dragcave.net/progeny/ZWnV7

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I don't think that's unreasonable actually. Bred staterae are VERY hard to get; I have a couple of bred stat IOUs that have been waiting ages... It's not as if they usually breed true.

https://dragcave.net/progeny/ZWnV7

I still don't have the Stat egg unlocked in the encyclopedia, let alone the Market. It's the only normally sized dragon egg I've missed since I 0returned in November, apart from the Halloween eggs. That tells me something about their rarity.

10 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Stats are currently 2,600. Up from 2500 this past week. Kind of wondering how high they might go.

It's so frustrating, it reminds me a bit of the housing market in Canada, haha. I'm saving but not getting anywhere because it keeps going up and up. 

Been lurking the thread, has anyone figured out why Nexuses are so darn expensive?  Last I heard they're not in particularly high demand or rare....

1 hour ago, Falorni said:

Been lurking the thread, has anyone figured out why Nexuses are so darn expensive?  Last I heard they're not in particularly high demand or rare....

They're uncommon (like many other two-headed dragons) but I rarely see them in the cave... I think I've seen more rares than nexuses lately to he honest.

Compared to other uncommon two-headed dragons (shard value):

Nexus: 1600

Baikala (blue and green): 700

Bauta: 500

Blancblack: 400

Geminae: 300

Hooktalon: 100

Two-headed lindwyrm: 700

Yes, they are very high priced. But there's a bunch of fluctuation in the prices (and I might have missed a couple uncommon two-headed dragons as well, idk) so there might not be more to it. Maybe they should actually be considered rare? Lunar heralds tend to be in high demand (especially gold or silver variants) and they're rares, but are only 200 shards. In contrast, golden wyverns are uncommon and 1700 shards. 

I agree that there's not much demand for them though, but I'm leaning towards the large amount of fluctuation in the prices of two-headed dragons combined with over collectors. There's not much demand for two-headed lindwyrms (at least that I've seen) and they're not exactly cheap. Obviously not as expensive as nexuses are, but still something to consider.

On 3/21/2021 at 2:38 AM, HeatherMarie said:

It's insane. I've been "horray a few weeks away!" from one for like... months. They literally go up every single week. I think I'm just going to bank or buy a CB metallic whenever they hint about going back up again. I'm done trying to make even getting one a goal. I've only seen 2 Stateraes in the cave and they get snatched so fast its like they were not even there. CB metals stick around longer, as well as Trios. I am collecting CB Xenos for a silly lineage idea and I have a feeling people just camp the cave page and swipe anything that started with "mana" and see if it's a Staterae later. 

8 hours ago, Diggie said:

They're uncommon (like many other two-headed dragons) but I rarely see them in the cave... I think I've seen more rares than nexuses lately to he honest.

*SNIP*

Lunar heralds tend to be in high demand (especially gold or silver variants) and they're rares, but are only 200 shards. In contrast, golden wyverns are uncommon and 1700 shards. 

I, personally haven't had trouble finding Nexuses in the cave. I'll see a few every now and then and they will hang around because I'm guessing people don't like to collect them. I wouldn't say they are any more extraordinarily rare than CB Xenos, in my opinion. It's informative that they are considered "uncommon" though. I think it would be helpful if rarity information was posted about a dragon in its encyclopedia page. 

On a related, but unrelated topic, the price listing for the other 2h dragons kinda goes back to another point people have discussed and it's that the market is complete bunk on pricing. For example, most unbreedables (cheese and dino) cost less than Stateraes now. Metallics have cost less for a very long time, with Silver still being really silly cheap at 1600. The exceptions are Paper, which is the same, and Chicken, which is 3700. Trios cost 3400 for Ice, 4700 for Magma, and 3400 for Thunder. Aren't they considered uncommon? Other than the BSA to get the GoN, which you can only get 3 of, I don't think the BSA should account for that much of the cost. Also why is the Magma the highest cost out of anything on the market, when the demand for the Trios should all be the same if the price was about the BSA. Also what's up with the Kingcrowne being 800? Lunar Heralds are definitely difficult to find and it blows my mind that they are 200. I think the market needs to have its price weight re-evaluated because the current rarity and prices are borderline nonsense.