Shokomon

Watching the Market

I never heard that before either; what I have seen is this from Piemaster/Pixxelation:

I don't know what TJ or the others who worked on these feel, but as the description writer, I can say that I did one joint description for two reasons: it helps to unify a group of differently-bodied sprites as one breed, and it helps create an air of mystery around them. My personal headcanon is that people know these guys exist, but don't really make direct contact with them enough to know specifics about the individual varieties' behavioral habits, and fleshing out distinct personalities for each variety would run contra to that.

and that the concept was from Marrionetta.

I can't see anything any of them has said anywhere that would make it impossible for each of them to be available SEPARATELY in the market, except the bolded bit. That would suggest to me that if they WERE ever in the market, you'd have to accept getting a random one.

Good Lord. Staterae are 2800 shards. 🤪 Not sure when that happened. I haven’t been paying much attention to their price—I see they were recently 2600 shards. Methinks that is a bit much ... as in a LOT too much! alotalotalot

Meanwhile, Golds are 1900 shards, while a Magma goes for 4800 (LOL) and a Nexus for 1600. XD

Guess I will hope the price for Stats drops to something reasonable one day ...

(ETA: Yep, I used the “a lot” hippos on purpose, since they seem to fit the subject matter :lol:)

Edited by missy_

On 4/10/2021 at 1:45 PM, missy_ said:

Good Lord. Staterae are 2800 shards. 🤪 Not sure when that happened. I haven’t been paying much attention to their price—I see they were recently 2600 shards. Methinks that is a bit much ... as in a LOT too much! alotalotalot

Meanwhile, Golds are 1900 shards, while a Magma goes for 4800 (LOL) and a Nexus for 1600. XD

Yeah, I've been slowly grinding away because I wasn't here when Stateraes dropped, but it feels like I'm treading water sometimes! I got lucky because it paused for a week, but I'm hoping that it's not about to start creeping up again week by week.

On 4/10/2021 at 10:45 PM, missy_ said:

It certainly seems like whenever I have exactly enough shards, they go up another 100 shards. I finally have 2700 shards, now they're 2800. This has been happening steadily. Almost as if the game knows when I've got the price together and then simply ups the price another 100 shards... >.>  I was there for the drop, but never got one. And since then I haven't seen a single Stat in the cave. >.>

Edit: 04/19/21 - I now have a bit more than 2800 shards... and the Stats are now 2900. I swear, the cave hates me... >.>

Edited by Ravensilver
Added text

On 4/12/2021 at 7:05 PM, Ravensilver said:

It certainly seems like whenever I have exactly enough shards, they go up another 100 shards. I finally have 2700 shards, now they're 2800. This has been happening steadily. Almost as if the game knows when I've got the price together and then simply ups the price another 100 shards... >.>  I was there for the drop, but never got one. And since then I haven't seen a single Stat in the cave. >.>

Edit: 04/19/21 - I now have a bit more than 2800 shards... and the Stats are now 2900. I swear, the cave hates me... >.>

@Ravensilver Yep, I just noticed the market price for Stats has increased yet again to 2900 shards! :blink: Up another 100 shards. The prices for a Stat keeps going up ... a lot. (Insert hippos here) A WHOLE LOTTA SHARDS! alotalotalot

The Staterae never get cheaper, huh?

Now for the Current Prices of Rare Dragons and Dragons of Interest:

Spoiler

Aeon Wyvern

Blusang Lindwyrm

Cheese Dragon

Copper Dragons

Gilded Bloodscale Dragon

Gold Dragon

Golden Wyvern

Ice Dragon

Magma Dragon

Nexus Dragon

Paper Dragon

Silver Dragon

Thunder Dragon

Xenowyrm (Staterae)

Xenowyrms (2015)

Xenowyrms (2020)

Diplodocus carnegii

Gallus gallus domesticus

Parasaurolophus cyrtocristatus

Pterodactylus maximus

Stegosaurus stenops

Triceratops horridus

Bolded = the most expensive item; Underlined = True Rares; Italicized = Interesting or Unsual Pricing; Green = Price Down from last post; Red = Price Up from last post

• Gilded Bloodscales and Nexuses are expensive just because...
  • The Staterae are now more expensive the all the Dinos, Golds, Slivers, Papers, AND Cheeses... Why!? 
    • The only non-dragon more expensive than the Staterae are chickens... CHICKENS.
    • They keep going up too! Good luck to all of y'all who want one. Might as well beg. Jeez....
  • Magmas are forever the most expensive thing on the board.
    • But at the rate the Staterae keep climbing...
  • Golds and Silvers just keep getting cheaper.
    • Again WHY?!
    • I just realized that Silvers are the same price as Nexuses. Let that sink in...

I don't know what's going on anymore lol.

I really should be posting these more regularly...

So glad I picked up my one and only Stat in December when they were "only" 1600/1700 shards (looks like I was right be to be worried about the price climbing!)

Keeping my fingers crossed the price of Golds & Silvers stays low for a while so I have chance to build up my shards!

Well, it's going to be a while before I can afford a Staterae, at this rate!  Better just concentrate on other breeds for a while, I guess.

6 hours ago, foreverlokied224 said:

So glad I picked up my one and only Stat in December when they were "only" 1600/1700 shards (looks like I was right be to be worried about the price climbing!)

I think 1700 was what they started out with - I bought mine as soon as they became available.

*looks at shard amount*  *looks at Stat cost*  This is the first time in awhile I've actually not been able to afford something I might actually want. Anyone wanna bet how high it will go? lol

I'm at the point where I can afford another gold, but I'm not sure if I want to try and hold out for a stat seeing as the prices keep going up every time. Is it really going up a 100 shards every week? It's not as if people are trading/catching tons of them either.

Staterae started out at 1200: I remember I bought mine the night the market glitched. Amazing how they're more than double already.

On 7/2/2020 at 4:04 AM, Ruby Eyes said:

Xeno goodness! :D

Xenowyrm (Aquilo)    100
Xenowyrm (Aso)        100
Xenowyrm (Astrapi)    500
Xenowyrm (Chrono)    500
Xenowyrm (Gaia)        500
Xenowyrm (Ke'maro)    100
Xenowyrm (Mageia)    500
Xenowyrm (Obidar)    100
Xenowyrm (Pharos)    100
Xenowyrm (Pyro)        500
Xenowyrm (Staterae)    1,200
Xenowyrm (Thalassa)    500
Xenowyrm (Umbra)    100

I found the first post when the new Xenos were added.

They really were 1200 shards at one point.

On a different note, do you guys remember when Chickens were over 5000 shards and Golds were over 3000 shards? 

Yea.

Good times. 

lol

On 4/19/2021 at 10:47 AM, foreverlokied224 said:

Keeping my fingers crossed the price of Golds & Silvers stays low for a while so I have chance to build up my shards!

Yeah, I think I bought mine when it was around 1600 or 1700 shards. I don’t remember the exact amount. I wish we had a “receipt“ area for the market so that we could remember how much we paid for stuff. I suppose I could write it somewhere…

On 4/19/2021 at 5:40 PM, Ruby Eyes said:

I think 1700 was what they started out with - I bought mine as soon as they became available.

Yeah, I don’t remember the exact day I bought mine (I just checked and I bought two of them on July 13, 2020; they were released on June 27, 2020) but I bought mine as soon as I realized they were going to be hard to get. I was here on release day, but I am not sure what I got on that day. It looks like I did not collect all of them that day. I wonder if I had some things on my scroll that I considered valuable and did not want to drop. It is very unusual for me not to drop everything and start collecting new eggs.

ETA: I don’t know WHAT was going on on release date, but it looks like I only picked up one dragon that day. :blink: (Just sorted dragons by date to have a look)

On 4/20/2021 at 7:39 PM, Shadowdrake said:

Staterae started out at 1200: I remember I bought mine the night the market glitched. Amazing how they're more than double already.

I am pretty sure I missed the market glitch.

@Shokomon, is there by any chance a historic record of what the prices were on a certain day? Just wondering what I paid for them on July 13, 2020.

16 hours ago, missy_ said:

Just wondering what I paid for them on July 13, 2020.

I paid 1200 shards for one on July 12, 2020.

20 hours ago, missy_ said:

{snip}

@Shokomon, is there by any chance a historic record of what the prices were on a certain day? Just wondering what I paid for them on July 13, 2020.

There used to be a spreadsheet of weekly updates, and a PDF I used to upload, but the spreadsheet had stopped being updated, and I couldn't do the PDF upload regularly any more.

16 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

I paid 1200 shards for one on July 12, 2020.

@Confused Cat, thanks. Given that we bought ours a day apart, that is probably what I paid for mine.

13 hours ago, Shokomon said:

There used to be a spreadsheet of weekly updates, and a PDF I used to upload, but the spreadsheet had stopped being updated, and I couldn't do the PDF upload regularly any more.

Shokomon, yeah, that sounds like a headache trying to keep up with that. I can understand why you had to stop.

I was so happy that I was going to be able to afford another Staterae next week, then the price increased by 100 again. This is gonna go on for eternity isn't it? Always one week behind until the price increases to 5000, finally beating out the magma. Even tho magma is the only rare egg I can re-fresh the page on several times and it'll still be there.....

29 minutes ago, JapanRocks said:

I was so happy that I was going to be able to afford another Staterae next week, then the price increased by 100 again. This is gonna go on for eternity isn't it? Always one week behind until the price increases to 5000, finally beating out the magma. Even tho magma is the only rare egg I can re-fresh the page on several times and it'll still be there.....

Oh no it’s even worse than that. It went up by 200 this week. 

But is okay. Just have 2G Salts and NDs and you, too, can have a Staterae. I’ve never seen a “rare” be so impossible to obtain...

I'm bummed to see the price jump for the Staterae too, I was hoping it would only be a 100 shard increase. Thought I was finally catching up, but I'm still perpetually two weeks behind. I could easily see the price exceeding the Magma and still continuing to climb, given that they are so rare to find in cave. I checked the market and at the time there were 3 CB Neglected, 1 CB Gold, 1 CB Silver and 0 CB Staterae available so even trading for them with good stuff doesn't seem easy. Feels like punishment for missing the release; I just want to build my own lineages with them! C'mon DC, stop being so stingy. :rolleyes:

The price jump is likely due to the release; rares always get it in their heads that they should be worth more every time TJ releases a dragon. They usually come back down eventually, but going by staterae trends its price might just stagnate for a few weeks instead of going up or down.

I know you guys said the price went up, but I had to go to the market and stare at it myself for confirmation. :ph34r:

3100 shards!!! :blink: Looking at that price, they feel so unattainable.

What do we do to get them more plentiful in the Cave; breed all of ours every week? Does that help the ratios? I literally know nothing about ratios.

If they show up in the AP more often, will that theoretically cause the Market price to fall?

A WHOLE LOTTA shards ... alotalotalot

Edited by missy_

9 hours ago, Charu said:

Oh no it’s even worse than that. It went up by 200 this week. 

But is okay. Just have 2G Salts and NDs and you, too, can have a Staterae. I’ve never seen a “rare” be so impossible to obtain...

Holy crap, I just checked. It really jumped up 200 again?! This is starting to feel like a direct challenge....

Staterae continue to say "Haha PSYCH!" to everyone who wants to buy them.

And yes, prices do tend to bump up generally around releases, especially for the dragons of interest. Most go down. 

I'm not sure about the Staterae though...

Now for the Prices of Rares and Dragons of Interest:

Spoiler

Aeon Wyvern

Blusang Lindwyrm

Cheese Dragon

Coppers Dragon

Gilded Bloodscale Dragon

Gold Dragon

Golden Wyvern

Ice Dragon

Magma Dragon
5,000 :( +300!

Nexus Dragon

Paper Dragon

Silver Dragon

Thunder Dragon

Xenowyrm (Staterae)
:( :( :( 

Xenowyrms (2015)

Xenowyrms (2020)

Diplodocus carnegii

Gallus gallus domesticus

Parasaurolophus cyrtocristatus

Pterodactylus maximus

Stegosaurus stenops

Triceratops horridus

Bolded = the most expensive item; Underlined = True Rares; Italicized = Interesting or Unusual Pricing; Green = Price Down from last post; Red = Price Up from last post

• Looks like general post-release price hikes across the board
    • Golds, Chickens, Thunders, Ices, and Staterae all got +200 shard change.
    • Magmas got a whopping +300 shard hike. As if they weren't expensive enough...
  • Most prices go down in the following week, but I can't say for sure it the same will happen to the Staterae, which had been continuously rising, since its appearance in the market. 
  • Gilded Bloodscales and Nexus continue to be pricey.
  • The real rare dragons prices actually went up for once, though it will likely be temporary.
  • Nexuses and Silvers are still the same price...

Now we wait and see what happens. 

Edited by Shokomon
typo