Jump to content
Shokomon

Watching the Market

Recommended Posts

As stated in the title, this thread is for watching and recording the market prices!


TJ did say that the prices for the Market aren't stable and will reflect population ratios:

 

On 5/21/2018 at 12:11 AM, TJ09 said:

{snip}:

  • Things not in the cave are not currently available in the market.
  • Breeds with location-specific alts are not currently available in the market.
  • Market prices will roughly respect cave over-/under-population. It's not a 1:1 match to "rarity" (especially when comparing breeds—breed A being more expensive than B does not necessarily mean there are fewer breed A eggs made in the cave), but it does mean that prices will go up as a breed becomes more overpopulated.
  • Weekly earnings were chosen to cap out at one common egg per week. This will likely need to be tweaked based on how things work out in practice.
  • I followed the rough goal from the thread of ~6 months to earn rares, but due to prices fluctuating, it's not exact.

- from the Market Feedback Thread

 

I don't know how long it will stay that way or how long prices will stay as they are, but I feel like we should probably start tracking them now.


We can stop if it is shown that the prices never change.


But for now, it's time to watch the market. 

 

(We could probably use to watch when new eggs appear in the market as well. )

 

Current Prices: As of 06/16/2019

 DC Market Prices (PDF) 

 

Long Term Price Tracing:

Price Spreadsheet from @Fjord

-- Look at this for long term price changes.


There is probably a better way to record the prices other than print screen...

Thank you for giving us a better way to track prices, Fjord!

 

Side note:

Apparently, Golds were initially 4,200 shards, so there has been change since the start of the market. 

Edited by Shokomon
updating weekly market prices

Share this post


Link to post

Pic with current dino prices:

image.png.1f0ca39e0dce8d0d6446d368ca0b79f2.png

 

It'll be interesting to see how much things fluctuate.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Silvynx said:

Pic with current dino prices:

image.png.1f0ca39e0dce8d0d6446d368ca0b79f2.png

 

It'll be interesting to see how much things fluctuate.

 

Thank you! 


I am too honestly,


Still wish there was a better way to record price changes.

Share this post


Link to post

Perhaps someone could keep a spreadsheet with the price for each breed, and every week/month/insert length of time the new prices could be added. Then we'd have a record and could create a graph of the changes if desired. The only issue is that would be a lot of work. We may not need to monitor every breed though; I anticipate many of the breeds, particularly the 100 priced ones, to change very rarely if at all.

Share this post


Link to post

Give me a little while, I'm compiling a google docs spreadsheet. I can update it every Sunday, in time with the cap reset. Ideally it would be easier if we had a site that was programmed to snatch the market data and auto compile it, but I was in a data entry job, not a programming job.

 

I'm setting it up so each row is dedicated to a breed, and each column will represent the date the price was taken.

 

EDIT: Done!

 

It should have every available breed, but feel free to ping me if something is missing or there's an error.

Edited by Fjord

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Fjord said:

Give me a little while, I'm compiling a google docs spreadsheet. I can update it every Sunday, in time with the cap reset. Ideally it would be easier if we had a site that was programmed to snatch the market data and auto compile it, but I was in a data entry job, not a programming job.

 

I'm setting it up so each row is dedicated to a breed, and each column will represent the date the price was taken.

 

EDIT: Done!

 

It should have every available breed, but feel free to ping me if something is missing or there's an error.

Wow! Great Job!

 

Would you be the only one adding prices or could anyone help out? 

 

That would be great if we had a site to snatch market data, but yeah, I'm not a programmer either. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Wow! Great Job!

 

Would you be the only one adding prices or could anyone help out? 

 

That would be great if we had a site to snatch market data, but yeah, I'm not a programmer either. 

'Welcome!

 

To prevent any potential griefing or misunderstanding of the update times, I'll take care of it. I always have some downtime on Sundays anyway, and updating a spreadsheet is the exact kind of mindless task I can do then.

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Fjord said:

'Welcome!

 

To prevent any potential griefing or misunderstanding of the update times, I'll take care of it. I always have some downtime on Sundays anyway, and updating a spreadsheet is the exact kind of mindless task I can do then.

Ah okay! As long as it doesnt take too much time.

 

I wonder how often the price changes.

 

Is it a daily thing or a weekly thing?

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Ah okay! As long as it doesnt take too much time.

 

I wonder how often the price changes.

 

Is it a daily thing or a weekly thing?

This is actually a good question.

 

I presume ( though , of course, this is mere speculation on my part) that the prices change on a weekly basis, along with the reset to our cap for earnings.

Again...I could be totally WRONG about that, though.

Edited by JavaTigress

Share this post


Link to post

Possibly?

 

Though if it does change on a day to day basis, then we might miss a change that occurs in the middle of the week.

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know when the Market itself updates, if it does have a regular schedule and each breed isn't individually updated as ratios/population shifts. That being said, I doubt breeds will see such extreme swings in population that more than a weekly update will be warranted, unless TJ manually tweaks something.

 

I'll be updating my spreadsheet every week, but that's mostly so its more manageable for me and easier to follow.

Share this post


Link to post

Silvers are currently 3000. Red Dino's are currently 4000. There may be more changes, I only checked the gold/silver/dinos and saw they were different from Sunday's report on the spreadsheet.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Silvers are currently 3000. Red Dino's are currently 4000. There may be more changes, I only checked the gold/silver/dinos and saw they were different from Sunday's report on the spreadsheet.

Oh nice! 

 

So maybe there is a daily update. Or at least an update that happens not on Sunday.

 

Now when do they happen? 

 

Also, screenshots would be appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post

I remember the breed prices changing shortly after the market was released so it may change on Monday or Tuesday instead of Sunday.

image.png.d241b66f3064efa005ff68118fd44dff.pngimage.png.0da5cb36b10fddf855120515602567dc.png

 

like that?

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

I remember the breed prices changing shortly after the market was released so it may change on Monday or Tuesday instead of Sunday.

image.png.d241b66f3064efa005ff68118fd44dff.pngimage.png.0da5cb36b10fddf855120515602567dc.png

 

like that?

Yes thank you!

 

That is possible.

Share this post


Link to post

THE NEW EGGS WERE ADDED TO THE MARKET!

 

I dont know when it happened, but it did.

 

Screenshots coming.

 

Edit:

1510833845_Capture_2018-05-30-17-13-39.thumb.png.73c66b9beeb377c9061280a5f2194cbe.png

1991203354_Capture_2018-05-30-17-14-01.thumb.png.b86d3507c986a7f7f1fc2973699e82a0.png

Edited by Shokomon

Share this post


Link to post

Huh. Aren't we supposed to have unlocked them in the Encyclopedia first?

Share this post


Link to post

Priced at only 100 - so I'm guessing they're going to stay almost as common as they are now. Could even end up as cave blockers, which will make all HP collectors happy!

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

Huh. Aren't we supposed to have unlocked them in the Encyclopedia first?

 

From my own experience, you need to at least have observed one egg to unlock it in the Market. (The Trading Hub may be different, or at least it is for me.)

 

So if you have owned an egg, you should be fine?

 

15 minutes ago, Seahorse said:

Priced at only 100 - so I'm guessing they're going to stay almost as common as they are now. Could even end up as cave blockers, which will make all HP collectors happy!

 

Hopefully, they will stay common, but that all depends on how much we breed them.

 

They might be a great egg set to watch for price changes, considering how new and popular the breeds are.

Share this post


Link to post

New dergs have been added to the spreadsheet. For simplicity's sake, I tacked their current prices onto last week's, with notes marking their actual market release.

Share this post


Link to post

Well this is bizarre...

Currently a Paper egg costs 5000

and a Chicken egg costs 5500

and a GOLD EGG COSTS 4000?!?!?!

I guess I should start trading Papers for 2g Prizes and SA's😄

Share this post


Link to post

...huh. Chickens *are* 5500, which means they already went down from Tuesday. Looks like there isn't a regular day when they all change at once.

 

image.png.6f4d030b798e9c34fa6e9d9eef4d74ef.png 

Edited by Shadowdrake

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

...huh. Chickens *are* 5500, which means they already went down from Tuesday. Looks like there isn't a regular day when they all change at once.

 

(Will edit a screenshot in later)

I wonder if it's a sort of like an actual stock market, where the price of the eggs are always being checked against the actual buying and selling (or in this case, breeding, catching, and raising) of eggs, and then updates to reflect that whenever there is a significant change.

Share this post


Link to post

Funny how, as of 06/01/18, Magma Dragons cost 10% more than Gold Dragons (4400 vs 4000) while Ice and Thunder (3900) cost 30% more than Silver (3000).

And that's not mentioning Dinos, Chickens, Cheese and Papers...

Also, neither Red Dorsals or Coppers are available at the market (And I have observed those eggs)

Edited by Shirubia

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.