Shokomon

Watching the Market

As of me posting this Golds are 2900 shards and Silvers are 2400. That's a steal for a Gold!

Aeons went up to 1700. Pyralspites went up to 800. Fire Gems went up to 700 (they used to be 600, if I'm not mistaken). There may be more changes but I haven't unlocked every egg in the market yet. I think Blusangs went from 1200 to 1300. Silvers also went up a bit to 2500.

On 2/26/2020 at 9:27 PM, darkladyselenity said:

I have five weeks until I can afford a Gold if the price stays at 3300. *Crosses fingers* 

Have been on DC since 2008, and still don't have any CB metals, so a market Gold is what I'm after. 

How often do the prices change?

Prices can change daily, sometime muliple times a day, but most dragons stay stable. Prices of rares, shinies, and non-dragons tend to fluctuate the most. But usually, it's just a few dragons that change a day if any...unless there is an release. That usually comes with a mass price change across many dragons.

Xols and Venturises are in the market at 100 shards!

Also, Chickens are still heckin' expensive, but no longer above 5000. 

Dragons  of interest (aka Rares and randomly high priced dragons) 

Aeon Wyvern

Blusang Lindwyrm

Cheese Dragon

Copper Dragons

Gilded Bloodscale Dragon

Gold Dragon

Golden Wyvern

Ice Dragon

Magma Dragon

Nebula Dragon

Nexus Dragon

Paper Dragon

Pyralspite Dragons

Red Dragon

Silver Dragon

Thunder Dragon

Xenowyrms

Diplodocus carnegii

Gallus gallus domesticus

Parasaurolophus cyrtocristatus

Pterodactylus maximus

Stegosaurus stenops

Triceratops horridus

WHY THE HECK ARE MAGMA DRAGON EGGS SO EXPENSIVE???!!!????!!!!

They are more costly than chickens!!!!

On 5/2/2020 at 3:25 AM, Shokomon said:

WHY THE HECK ARE MAGMA DRAGON EGGS SO EXPENSIVE???!!!????!!!!

Asking the real questions... But same goes for thunder and ice. As far as the cave goes I was able to get a few trio eggs and missed quite a few more but have yet to even witness (and then miss) a gold egg. Also I regularly get trade offers with trios, messy, low gen lineages and even quite a few caveborns. Feels much easier to get one then cb metals or aeons, even blusangs which felt way less rare for the last few months.
Still not quite sure how market prices reflect the ratios? Because I'd feel if the ratios want more of a certain breed on the site the eggs would be cheap. But then how does it feel that easy to obtain them when they cost about 3 souls and your firstborn?

Quite happy though that Xols are so cheap (at least for starters). I need biome-less females and that's not the only breed. ^^°

19 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Man, I remember when aeons were 900.

I know right? Those were the days.

Aeon, unfortunately, are pretty valuable as they can predict genders of eggs, so you can influence, abandon, or trade them before sinking a bunch of time into hatching them and watching them gender. So, it makes sense...

Don't have to like though.

42 minutes ago, Reykur said:

Asking the real questions... But same goes for thunder and ice. As far as the cave goes I was able to get a few trio eggs and missed quite a few more but have yet to even witness (and then miss) a gold egg. Also I regularly get trade offers with trios, messy, low gen lineages and even quite a few caveborns. Feels much easier to get one then cb metals or aeons, even blusangs which felt way less rare for the last few months.
Still not quite sure how market prices reflect the ratios? Because I'd feel if the ratios want more of a certain breed on the site the eggs would be cheap. But then how does it feel that easy to obtain them when they cost about 3 souls and your firstborn?

Quite happy though that Xols are so cheap (at least for starters). I need biome-less females and that's not the only breed. ^^°

"But then how does it feel that easy to obtain them when they cost about 3 souls and your firstborn?"

Lol

I'm not sure either.

A part me thinks it's affected by how many people actually buy the eggs as well, but idk.

It'd be pretty easy to make a Python program that records the price points in gem shards at a given time every single day, I think. Then you could make an excel sheet or plot to show what they look like over time.

5 hours ago, Reykur said:

Because I'd feel if the ratios want more of a certain breed on the site the eggs would be cheap.

Well, yeah, that's why new things only cost a week of work when really old and overbred things cost over a year's shards. Market keeps pushing prices higher to make people unlikely to buy a magma bc cave is already too darn full of lineaged magmas. Unfortunately I don't think TJ will make commons any cheaper or new things would go for, like, one shard.

There's probably some division between CB and breeding ratios when generating eggs, but the market just accounts for total population.

7 hours ago, Shokomon said:

A part me thinks it's affected by how many people actually buy the eggs as well, but idk.

That was how I figured it worked, rarity & how many eggs are being purchased, so the price would drop if that breed hasn't been bought in a while. I have no basis for that line of thinking however. XD

Golds are down to 2900 - and I'm stuck at 2811 shards until sunday, because I forgot to max my earnings last week. 😨

Fingers crossed they stay at that price until sunday...

3 hours ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

Golds are down to 2900 - and I'm stuck at 2811 shards until sunday, because I forgot to max my earnings last week. 😨

Fingers crossed they stay at that price until sunday...

That's so cheap right now. Wow!

I mean it's still expensive, but cheap for Golds.

Golds are 2500. They just keep getting cheaper and cheaper 😅

In comparison, silvers are 2000 and aeons are 1800.

Both Silver and Aeon’s price dropped by 100 shards, now being 1900 and 1700 respectively. The price of golds still stay at 2500. Get yours now!

@Shokomon I hope you don’t mind me using your list as a base! 

Current Prices: 

Aeons

Blusang Lindwyrm

Cheese 

Copper

Gold 

Golden Wyvern

Ice 

Magma 

Paper 

Pyralspite 

Silver

Thunder 

Xenowyrms

Gallus gallus domesticus (Chicken)

Edited by icearashi

8 hours ago, icearashi said:

Both Silver and Aeon’s price dropped by 100 shards, now being 1900 and 1700 respectively. The price of golds still stay at 2500. Get yours now!

@Shokomon I hope you don’t mind me using your list as a base! 

Current Prices: 

Don't mind at all!

Gold's so comparatively cheap it's weird.

10 hours ago, icearashi said:

Done :)

12 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Done :)

I hope the price of golds won't fall too much. I think it'll sustain for another week or so? Magmas are just hella expensive and magmas are the most cb rares I have, they're not even rare or in demand, wonder why. 

3 hours ago, icearashi said:

I hope the price of golds won't fall too much. I think it'll sustain for another week or so? Magmas are just hella expensive and magmas are the most cb rares I have, they're not even rare or in demand, wonder why. 

Why ? You WANT them expensive ?

To think that I bought my first Gold when it cost 4800 Shards! And as I bought another one some weeks ago at 3100 (I think), now I have to wait some more months even though they are so "cheap" now ^^

5 hours ago, Rememberdrgns said:

The high price is likely due to their BSA for GoNs.

But there is at least a 1,000+ shard difference between Magmas and their counterparts, Ice's and Thunder's.

Why the huge difference?

Even the dinosaurs are closer in prices to each other...

Spoiler

Diplodocus carnegii

Gallus gallus domesticus

Parasaurolophus cyrtocristatus

Pterodactylus maximus

Stegosaurus stenops

Triceratops horridus