TJ09

2018-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 12th Birthday!

Wow.. just Wow!!! Defiantly my favorite release in a long time! Being a die hard Harry Potter fan ever since the first book came out all those years ago, they have even more appeal to me but I was not expecting them to be so amazing or spot on with the colors and descriptions! Love Love Love!!! I cant wait to read what the spriters have to say about them. Thank You TJ and Spriters for another amazing release!!! 

Edited by acm1923

OMG These dragons are AWESOME!!! I love them all. Excellent release and fantastic work spriters!!! 

Melismors may not be stereotypical Western dragon, but they are very very eastern. Long body, long tail, furry mane down their backs, whiskers and antlers. They don't look much different from almeralds or genshards or heartstealings, except they happen to have a more realistic coloration. I for one am glad we're moving away from said stereotypical westerns being released so often and to things like easterns and nessies and land serpents.

Oof! As a super-proud Slytherin, I pettily wanted the green adults to be my favourite and the reds (booo Gryffindor!) to be my least favourite, but it's totally the opposite! All the adults are beautiful but the Leodon reigns supreme for me, with Melismor males a close second. Amazing work all round though.

These are all wonderful new sprites!  :wub:

The Leodons are spectacularly beautiful.

5 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

You're going to have to fight me for the Melismors. 💪

I WILL throw down for my furry eastern draggo children. 😤 

I love the Leodons! They're beautiful *_*

I'm glad the reference isn't too overt. It's nice for people who are into that, but I'm also glad the dragons stand on their own.

13 minutes ago, hazeh said:

Ooooo, mod fight, mod fight, mod fight!!!

I love them all and I love how varied they all are!  They all have their own pizazz!

Omword! I have a new hoard (can you make a group that contains 4 breeds? XD) These are simply divine! Though personally I love Melismors most because, yeah tis my house ;p. 

Melismor, Lacula, Leodon, Razorcrest are my order of preferrence (which is odd as slytherin is my least favorite house xD)

So yes gives me all these guys to hoard!

1 minute ago, LadyLyzar said:

I love them all and I love how varied they all are!  They all have their own pizazz!

Come at me!

The Leodons and Laculas are my favorites, I especially want to hoard the Laculas. I'm also now mentally calling them "Draculas." :D 

The Leos are really big. XD I mean, look at him in comparison to a mint!

HmVDKxQ.png  TGzfG8R.gif

Also, DANGER NOODLES! i got bored, okay

2Wu21sp.png

Edited by lovecats99

35 minutes ago, cbussiere said:

I love this interpretation. XD

Me also!

Like I said... I love em all!

8 minutes ago, purpledragonclaw said:

The Leodons and Laculas are my favorites, I especially want to hoard the Laculas. I'm also now mentally calling them "Draculas." :D 

I'll fight you for the Leodons! They are my favourite from this release - and possibly one of my favourite breeds in the cave at all. 

I will also fight you because I'm never going to be able to look at the Laculas again without thinking that someone with a mouthful of food is trying to say 'Draculas'. Oh my god. Why did you do this to me? :lol:

35 minutes ago, hazeh said:
44 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

This has definitely been one of my favourite releases for a long time, too. I love these guys so much! ^_^ I honestly want to hoard every single one of these new breeds immediately, especially the Leodons. I feel very spoilt to get four new dragons that I love so much. Of course, the Hogwarts references make them about ten times better, too. :P 

You're going to have to fight me for the Melismors. 💪

18 minutes ago, purpledragonclaw said:
20 minutes ago, LadyLyzar said:

Come at me!

10 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:
20 minutes ago, purpledragonclaw said:

I'll fight you for the Leodons! They are my favourite from this release - and possibly one of my favourite breeds in the cave at all. 

I will also fight you because I'm never going to be able to look at the Laculas again without thinking that someone with a mouthful of food is trying to say 'Draculas'. Oh my god. Why did you do this to me? :lol:

MOD BATTLE!

Round 1

FIGHT!

833416828_ModFight.png.81f66cddecafa4290d2bda29570ebaa3.png

@StormWizard212 @purpledragonclaw @hazeh

XD

Such a shame. If these weren't so HP influenced I would love to hoard the Leodons. Such awesome looking dragons. Ah well...

Oh wow, the adults!!! Oh wow. Oh wow. So beautiful!!!

Based on the hatchlings I thought the Leodon would be my favorite hands-down, but I can't stop cooing over the Melismors! I was very underwhelmed by their hatchies, but those adults have just totally wowed me. So sleek and long and fuzzy and beautiful! The Leodons are still awesome though, I love how much they look like a big muscular stereotypical dragon. 

8 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

MOD BATTLE!

Round 1

FIGHT!

833416828_ModFight.png.81f66cddecafa4290d2bda29570ebaa3.png

@StormWizard212 @purpledragonclaw @hazeh

XD

I HAVE THE POWER OF GOD AND ANIME ON MY SIDE! AHHHH

dcpic.png.39e153c2d75a2b3d8b632a63b6f35503.png

(I should probably keep this relevant: Melismors are the most cinnamon roll dragons ever and I would be proud to be a Hufflepuff if I was actually one...)

Edited by hazeh

Is it confirmed that this release is based on Hogwarts houses!? I MUST have a yes/no answer because I'm just in such disbelief at these wonderful releases. 0.o

100% Proud Slytherin

As a proud GryffaHuffleSlytherClaw (thanks for never giving me a definitive answer POTTERMORE) I adore this release! I think the Laculas are my favorite!

2 minutes ago, MoonTiger said:

Is it confirmed that this release is based on Hogwarts houses!? I MUST have a yes/no answer because I'm just in such disbelief at these wonderful releases. 0.o

100% Proud Slytherin

Feel free to draw your own conclusions. :D If you feel that they're based on the Hogwarts houses, then who is anyone to tell you otherwise? :P Pick your own adventure. 

@MoonTiger I doubt it can be officially stated for copyright reasons, but... The dragons are in house colors. Their body plans are designed after the houses' animals. The hatchling descriptions reference either house traits or the house animal. The adult descriptions reference in high detail and accuracy the house traits. The release description on page 1 calls the dragons "magical" and refers to sorting. As utterly miniscule as the chance of such a coincidence is, given how popular and well-known HP is, there's no way none of the people involved wouldn't have said "oh hey, these guys are REALLY similar to the Hogwarts houses" if it weren't intended. So have no doubts.

Edit: v That's the spirit! XD

Edited by cbussiere