TJ09

2018-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 12th Birthday!

Just now, OutlawQueen said:

I now have the names Melismor Hufflepuff, Leodon Gryffindor, Razorcrest Ravenclaw and Lacula Slytherin (currently being held by another dragon till my egg hatches).

These dragons are so nice! My favourite is Gryffindor though I am a Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff.

Great names! ^_^ I'm looking forward to coming up with all the Hogwarts themed names for mine, too. 

These Hogwarts dragons are just... just... amazing

I can't find words to describe them, they are totally amazing, both descriptions and look. I love the pose, i love the subtle reference, i love them in in game. Colors of Leodon are so so beautiful, I lov ethe pose of Lacula, the description of Melismor and the vibe of Razorcrest. I would have appreciate even more if we had dimorphism.

So we have traditional drake, an amphitere that cannot fly (not sure if it should be categoryzed as wyrm because of this), an Eastern and a Wyvern. 

This is so perfect, again! I think it is about time to give an official name to the traditional drakes, or it will generate confusion.

Someone had already snatched Merula Snyde as a name, but I got Penny Haywood, Ben Copper and Rowan Khanna (and The Merula Snyde) for my new babies!! These are characters from the Hogwarts Mystery mobile game, and I'm super happy they weren't taken yet.

Hmm... adult Razorcrest looks a bit underwhelming to me, though it's probably because Ravenclaw is my favourite house. Either way, all of them look awesome, and I'm pretty sure that most people will love them, whether they like HP or not. :)

Curious - if both Laculas and Melismors create and dwell in sprawling underground labyrinths, does that mean that sometimes they end up being [preferably friendly] neighbours, what with coastal forests and all?

The Melismor and Razorcrest are my two favorites of this bunch. :) The other two are cool in their own right, but in this case I appreciate the "plainer"/more straightforward blue and yellow.

WOW~ the adults look AMAZING. Especially the Leodon/Gryffindor one. It's now my favorite of the four. And the dragons' personalities are really based on those seen in each of the Hogwarts houses! Whoever came up with this concept, great great job! 

Wow! I love this release, they're all stunning.  I love the details on the Lacula, looks very fiesty.  Also I love how vibrant the Leodon is, it is literally on fire!  I think my favourite would have to be the Razorcrest - I love bird themed dragons and the colour scheme is so fitting, however it's not as vibrant as the others.  I also like the Melismor as it's so sleek and different to our other easterns.  I've named some of mine Melismora, Leodonas, Laculas and Razorcrests while the others are named after combinations of the houses.

Does the Leondon have a forked tail?  With two firey ends?

Edited by Seahorse

I wasn't sure on the Gryffindor hatchlings, but I gotta say that the adults are absolutely stunning!

The Melismor are my least favorite, and the Laculas my top favorite, but they're all gorgeous!! 

Thanks TJ and Spriters!! 

Oh, MY I was looking forward to seeing these guys and they do NOT dissappoint. Thank you to all the artist s who made these lovelies. 

I like all of them, but the Razorcrests and Leodons are my faves, personally! ( Likely Ravenclaw, here, with Gryffindor a close second by most tests!)

I fear that I shall be greatly tempted to hoard these pretties.

Glad I got my pair of each and am currently working on getting a second pair of each!

Edited by JavaTigress

Lovely dragons!  It's been a fun release for the 12th birthday celebrations.  Many thanks to TJ and the spriters.

@Seahorse

I thought so too, but actually the Leodon is breathing flames out of his mouth- that's what the left flame is.

A forked tail would have been cool!

Sweet mother of Gaia - THESE ADULTS!!!😍 I love them all. So very much. Spriters, this is among your absolute FINEST work! Now excuse me while I go hoard these babies.

So after having seen all of them, Razorcrest remains my favourite (although I may be biased as I am a Ravenclaw :P ) I just love the spikes (?) along their tail and the colours!

The Melismor is a but underwhelming compared to the others, it looks a lot less dragon-y. It still looks cute though and the description is so nice.

Between Leodon and Lacula, the Lacula definitely wins.

The release has been great with four amazing new dragons and subtle references.

Thank you TJ and spriters!

Edited by Chococat0815

Oh wow, these guys are all incredible. I could wax on a lot more but I think that about sums it up. SPLENDID job on the sprites and descriptions to everyone involved. In fact the descriptions may have even been more enjoyable to read than the sprites were to see - they're so fitting toward actual characteristics of and characters in each house, yet perfectly transferred to wild dragon behavior. Just wonderful. __

Edit: Oh, the Melismor male just grew! He is lovely. Odd to have just one dimorphic dragon in a set of four, but the Melismor is the least flashy of them, so they deserve it. P: Love his pose.

I can't wait to see spriter concept info too~

Edited by cbussiere

Can I just take a moment to say these new Dragons are awesome? Especially loving the Leodons. I'm not a Harry Potter fan by any means, but I got to admit I love everything about this release from the eggs to the hatchlings to the adults. Thank you TJ and spriters for these amazing dragons!

Holy smokes that Leodon is GORGEOUS! All of them are! You guys knocked it out of the park with this one.

My only regret is that the Melismors aren't Drakes, so I can't pair them with Honeys. Such a shame, but at least they have a bigger breeding pool for not being Drakes.

The male Melismor is particularly cute. :D I'm glad those little guys have dimorphism. I would have loved the Razorcrests to have dimorphism, too! All the new dragons are gorgeous, though. 

Huh, so they are Harry Potter based...not bad. Some very fluffy dragons we got there, so I bet they are good for snuggling. 

I'm really sad that only Melismor have dimorphism. I think all Hogwarts houses should have been "equal" and have the same number of sprites. Is it maybe that TJ is an Hufflepuff? XD

Wouldn't it be nice to suggest the spriters to add dimorphism to Griffindor, Ravenclaw ans Slytherin aswell before too much time passes and lineages are formed?

@Naruhina_94 Hold on, that's a ton of work you're suggesting! I don't know what everyone's process is like, and these could be faster since it's more individual rather than collaborative work, but judging by the Dragon Requests board it could take months to draft, create, and refine a sprite, especially if their personal life is busy. If the artists didn't intend to do two adult sprites in the first place I doubt they will now.

Oh my gosh, I love the adults! I think Leodon is my favorite, but all the dragons and their descriptions are great.