TJ09

2018-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 12th Birthday!

And now I'm kind of sad that only Melismor is a dimorphic breed, because it looks super great...

1 minute ago, cbussiere said:

@Naruhina_94 Hold on, that's a ton of work you're suggesting! I don't know what everyone's process is like, and these could be faster since it's more individual rather than collaborative work, but judging by the Dragon Requests board it could take months to draft, create, and refine a sprite, especially if their personal life is busy. If the artists didn't intend to do two adult sprites in the first place I doubt they will now.

I know, i don't mean to have it done in two days XD But even just a warning of "oh, maybe we'll think about that in the future, keep it into consideration" would be highly appreciated. We could keep track of it in the breeding plans. Plus yes, it probably shall be a one-person job, worked on private and not in public dragon request. I just really enjoi these dragons, i wish we had more angles and side views of them and expecially I would have liked to see all of them (or none) having dimorphism. As a set I would have appreciate if they could have been equal over this aspect.

Neat. Personally I like Leodons the most, those vibrant colors are just gorgeous. :D (Hufflepuff reporting)

Razorcrest is my second favorite from this bunch. Melismor is quite alright, I like the fact that they're easterns. Laculas are pretty nice, I like all of these guys.

Way WAY better than any **** Zyus anyway. God, those were such a massive disappointment.

D'aaah, such beauties!

The Leodons are my favourite, though I am a Ravenclaw. I love how powerful and flashy they look!

Wow, the adults really are Hogwarts Dragons!  Awesome!  Even the color pallets are spot on.  (Especially if you go by the books, where Ravnclaw colors are blue and bronze.)

I love them all!  Of course, as a Hufflepuff, I feel particularly drawn to the Melismor Dragons.

The adults are all amazing, it's so hard to pick a favorite! Thank you TJ and spriters for all the great work. :)

Female Melismor doesn't look very draconic… Sad to see this while some very draconic concepts were shut down by "not looking draconic enough" while this is a literal ferret with colors and horns.

I'm not a HP fan, but these dragons are gorgeous! I think Melismor are my favorite, but they all are great. Would love to learn more in-game lore on them.

Thank you so much, TJ and the spriters and everyone invloved!

I don’t think I will be collecting many more of these besides my second set that will hatch tonight. 

Edited by Whirlaway

My favorite release in ages. Can’t wait to breed these guys. Love the Melismor best, with their cute, frisky poses. Think I’ll try breeding one to my Tin.  

@Data_Girl_3 The Razorcrest references the movie colors as well, with the bit of silver in its crest and its horns. So it's thoroughly representative! TBH I didn't know the movies made it silver until I saw people rejoicing about bronze in this thread, that explains why I see the house pictured with silver sometimes... Always thought that was just a mistake. What a weird decision. o_o

@FoxintheBox What would have made it look more draconic to you? It appears to have scales (judging by the spotty effect on the shoulders), and it has all the typical characteristics of Eastern dragons (horns, whiskers, mane). Is it not sharp or brutish enough? Not scaly-textured enough? Could it be the external ears?

These guys are so lovely, but LEODONS THOUGH!

So.

COOOOL!

I love them all!

Thank you spriters!

And because I haven't said this yet, CONGRATS TO THE NEW MODS!

You'll be great!

Gotta say, I like all of these adults. I might collect a bunch of Razorcrests, since I have a soft spot for wyverns~ ^_^ 

Wonderful Adults thank you. I find it amusing that the hufflepuff dragons are the only dimorphic dragons -all that extra work- oh yes hard work and persistence is a  house trait isn't it ? ^^

I am not a Harry Potter fan -- never even read the books or saw the movies (Oh, the horror!) and don't know much except what has been inescapable  -- but these four lovely dragons can certainly be appreciated without any knowledge of the "houses" they represent. I am glad of that. Each of them can stand on their own without knowing the references.

I think they are all well done and would be hard-pressed to pick a favorite. Thanks to all the spriters and to TJ for these additions to the cave. I shall be busy collecting these for the foreseeable future! I need at least two more complete scroll-locks to get my scroll goals for these guys. 

I'm not sure I understand the push for everything to be dimorphic. I personally sometimes prefer a single sprite for both. Mirrored lineages work better that way.

I love these guys with my whole heart! All of them have such unique personalities in just the sprites alone. I just want to curl up with a Melismor and cuddle forever The variation between the dragons is great, too, from the bulky, rippling power of the Leodon, the fierce presence of the Lacula, the sweet, gentle disposition of the Melismor, and the regal poise of the Razorcrest. Love them all SO much. They make great standalone dragons even w/o the Harry Potter reference. 

Love love love!

Oh lordy do I love the Leodon. Beautiful! They are magnificent!

The rest are also awesome! Well done to the spriters and everyone else involved in this project. I love them sooooo much. I wanna snuggle them all up. 

And congrats to the new mods!!! 

:3

21 minutes ago, Velvet_paw said:

I find it amusing that the hufflepuff dragons are the only dimorphic dragons -all that extra work- oh yes hard work and persistence is a  house trait isn't it ? ^^

I love this interpretation. XD

I am a proud Gryffindor and Leodon dragons are simply divine! ❤️

Very happy with these dragons! It’s rare there’s a release where I like all of the adults as much as I do now. Some nice variety, and the Hogwarts theme doesn’t hurt either. 

48 minutes ago, Carmelita Fox said:

My favorite release in ages. Can’t wait to breed these guys. Love the Melismor best, with their cute, frisky poses. Think I’ll try breeding one to my Tin.  

This has definitely been one of my favourite releases for a long time, too. I love these guys so much! ^_^ I honestly want to hoard every single one of these new breeds immediately, especially the Leodons. I feel very spoilt to get four new dragons that I love so much. Of course, the Hogwarts references make them about ten times better, too. :P 

18 minutes ago, hazeh said:

I just want to curl up with a Melismor and cuddle forever

You're going to have to fight me for the Melismors. 💪