TJ09

2018-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 12th Birthday!

I have a question about the Market. I assume when you buy a dragon that when you go on the dragon's info page, the biome would say it's from "cave" instead of a biome, right? I know that's kind of a specific question. XD

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Oh wow, the adults!!! Oh wow. Oh wow. So beautiful!!!

Based on the hatchlings I thought the Leodon would be my favorite hands-down, but I can't stop cooing over the Melismors! I was very underwhelmed by their hatchies, but those adults have just totally wowed me. So sleek and long and fuzzy and beautiful! The Leodons are still awesome though, I love how much they look like a big muscular stereotypical dragon. 

-whispers- Leos are big buff Cheeto puffs

Just now, HeartJacker13 said:

I have a question about the Market. I assume when you buy a dragon that when you go on the dragon's info page, the biome would say it's from "cave" instead of a biome, right? I know that's kind of a specific question. XD

I'm pretty sure the location is 'Market' for dragons bought in the market. :)

Thank you TJ and spriters for delivering such a beautiful dragons!

It's hard to say which is my favorite, it's too tough...

Just now, StormWizard212 said:

I'm pretty sure the location is 'Market' for dragons bought in the market. :)

Ah, that would make sense. I didn't think that they would add that little detail, haha. Thanks!

I've never been a fan of Slytherin but the green dragon is changing my mind...

Went back to the Pottermore site and this time I'm in Ravenclaw. Many moons ago I was in Hufflepuff. I have to say Ravenclaw is closer to me as I age gracefully. 🤪

Edited by TrundlingPumpkin

Beautiful dragons hiding from the copyright hammer. 🙃

I wonder if eggs from the Market will act like "Cave" biome dragons.

I wonder what that means for breeding.

Imagine the possibilities.

Also, are Baikalas on the market?  I don't see them. I am having a hard time hunting for blue ones. 

Edit:

And if you need help finding things or just want a rundown of all the things:

Edited by Shokomon

Ahh! These adults are so stunning and the descriptions are on point :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRAGON CAVE

:iraptor:  🍰  🥂

What a treat.  Astonishingly gorgeous dragons!  Thank you for such a wondrous site, for all the updates and care, the beauty and magic.  Love this place.

🌟

Edited by SecondStarToTheRight

DC turns 12. In August I will have been here for ten years, and I don't think I'll stop enjoying this site any time soon. Still after all these years so many updates, new sprites, and game play changes and almost all of them for the better. 🎇

THANK YOU TJ, SPRITERS, AND MODS. Without you this place couldn't exist - here's to the next dozen years 🍸

52 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Also, are Baikalas on the market?  I don't see them. I am having a hard time hunting for blue ones.

I was wondering the same thing, @Shokomon, as I am having the same exact problem.

ETA- Am I the only one that feels like the Chinese Lion Dancer costumes could TOTALLY have been inspired by Leodons?

Edited by JavaTigress

57 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

I wonder if eggs from the Market will act like "Cave" biome dragons.

I wonder what that means for breeding.

Imagine the possibilities.

Edit:

And if you need help finding things or just want a rundown of all the things:

Is the Baikala colour determined by biome? I think I remember sth along those lines. And colour variants that are determined by biome aren't in the market as per word of god TJ

Edited by Herk

Just now, Herk said:

Is the Baikala colour determined by biome? I think I remember sth along those lines. And colour variants that are determined by biome aren't in the market as per word of god TJ

Yes. One color is in Coast (blue) and one in Jungle (green), which would explain why they are not yet in the Market.

@angelicdragonpuppy

@whitestar

Do you really think the new sprites feel that different to the extent that it ruins lineages? I only see anatomy tweaks -- the pose, colour, and composition is much the same. Here is an image that TCA linked.

image.png.77d58663bba3c49ee436155be7f81be1.png

Edited by Ashywolf

Some extra Info and some Sketches from the Lacula Dragon:

sketchlacula_by_nyriana-dccffxk.jpg

Lacula Dragons have small wings with specialized feathers, much like an owl's wings, that aid it in moving silently through its cavern. Though the Lacula cannot fly, the feathers help break up the airflow as it moves to strike, allowing it to close the distance between it's prey with astonishing stealth. These wings may also be used for intimidation when spread wide to startle their opponents. Also, while the wings won't get the Lacula off the ground, they can be used to propel the dragon forward when it strikes down prey. In the breeding season they use their wings and display them in their mating dance.

The Lacula Dragon is an Amphiptere.

The Name Lacula was @PieMaster's idea, it was derived from Jaculus which means Snake in Latin.

@hazeh helped me with the descriptions since english is not my native language. ^_^

Thanks for the extra info on the Lacula. I need many of these. They're beautiful. 

26 minutes ago, Shajana said:

Some extra Info and some Sketches from the Lacula Dragon:

sketchlacula_by_nyriana-dccffxk.jpg

Lacula Dragons have small wings with specialized feathers, much like an owl's wings, that aid it in moving silently through its cavern. Though the Lacula cannot fly, the feathers help break up the airflow as it moves to strike, allowing it to close the distance between it's prey with astonishing stealth. These wings may also be used for intimidation when spread wide to startle their opponents. Also, while the wings won't get the Lacula off the ground, they can be used to propel the dragon forward when it strikes down prey. In the breeding season they use their wings and display them in their mating dance.

The Lacula Dragon is an Amphiptere.

The Name Lacula was @PieMaster's idea, it was derived from Jaculus which means Snake in Latin.

@hazeh helped me with the descriptions since english is not my native language. ^_^

Ohh! This is nice.

I don't know really anything about this franchise, I just know my friends have told me I fit in with slytherin. That said though, I do prefer the bulky, vibrant, and fiery (in both senses of the word) appearance of the Leodon. I always loved drakes. ..... That is, drakes as most people see them, not DC drakes. Wingless.

anyway, 20 points to gryffindor