TJ09

2018-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 12th Birthday!

20 minutes ago, Astaroshe Asran said:

If you buy a Floret, do you get an option of what color one you want? And does that apply to dragons whose eggs are a different color from the cave?

So not like nebulas or gemshards, because their egg sprite is the same

And not like spinels, because you breed the red to get the green

It is only the purples that are available.

Edited by Whirlaway

I'm sure someone else has commented upon this already but I just found out about the update now -- HOGWARTS COLOURS! 😂

Happy Birthday, Dragon Cave! 12 years and still going!  ^-^

Absolutely loving all these new additions and updates, and I'm so excited for the new dragons!! ❤️ 

Good luck with grabbing eggs, everyone! And thank you TJ, spriters, and all else involved in making this happen! It's greatly appreciated! 👍😄

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I'm over here enjoying the ER-timed AP! I don't recall the AP getting this low-timed during the past handful of new releases, wonder why this one is different. It's not even incu-hatchable, just straight up hatchable! I'm thinking about grabbing a few of the new guys and tossing them to the AP in 5 hours.

Could also be more people breeding to AP to get shards :)

Happy Birthday Dragon Cave! :D

psss....where do we find the market place?

On 5/21/2018 at 12:56 PM, Shokomon said:

Look here if you need help with anything:

- It has ALL THE THE THINGS! Locations! Help! Sprite Update Comparisons! Encyclopedia expansion! And more!

Except about Harry Potter eggs, because SHOOSH, it's a secret!

@Imzadi83

Eggs bred when the market released haven't hit the AP yet. I think no one's taking abandoned eggs because we have 4 new dragons - which means to get a male and female of each, you need 8 eggs. No one has more than 8 egg slots, so probably almost all active users were egg-locked until the eggs started hatching recently.

I'm very glad we get 8 slots now, I forgot it wasn't 7 anymore and thought I'd have to choose a house to neglect until my eggs hatched. :)

Also, I first saw TJ's hatchlings at S2 and upon seeing mine hatch, I just want to say that Gryffindor S1 strongly resembles a Charmander. XD

Something nice to look forward too when I wake up tomorrow - adults!

13 hours left till we get adults!

I'm getting myself a second batch. 'w'

Once TJ's hatchies grow into adults I will be able to name my hatchies. Can tomorrow get here soon?

10:14pm ...TJs guys seem to be around 4days 11 hours (at least the one I clicked on was.)

Soooo like tomorrow afternoonish EST we should be seeing adults? :D I cannot wait! I wanna see if they get more hogwarts house mascot like xD

4 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

10:14pm ...TJs guys seem to be around 4days 11 hours (at least the one I clicked on was.)

Soooo like tomorrow afternoonish EST we should be seeing adults? :D I cannot wait! I wanna see if they get more hogwarts house mascot like xD

Yeah, around 9-10 AM his should be grown.

As someone who joined the site shortly before the Seasonals were originally released, I am so in love with these resprites.  More flow, brighter, smoother, I love them!!  Major kudos on them.

I grabbed two of the new eggs (they look like Slytherin?) from the Coast. I'm glad I'm still able to find them so easily.

I just wanted to pop in and say I absolutely love everything to do with this release. I love all 4 dragons so far, I absolutely adore the trading hub and I love the market too! Now those with slow internet, those with slow reflexes (like me) and those who just don't have the time to stalk have a chance at getting their own gold. I love that they can't be traded, too. At first I was so scared.. currency? Buying eggs?? It was something I dreaded. But once I read about it I felt much better. Things are a little easier to access, but in the best way possible imo.

All 4 of the new releases have been so easy to catch in the cave and I appreciate how long their drop rate is lasting.

And I love the sprite updates with both the reds and the seasonals. The seasonals most of all. They look so beautiful and crisp, yet soft. I love their depth and just.. everything about them. They are beautiful. I have a project going (though it is at a halt until the summers start dropping) that uses both reds and summer seasonals and at first I was so scared about how it was going to make my project look, but my fear was quickly extinguished when I looked at them. They'll look amazing in my project.

Thanks for keeping dragon cave going. It's one of my favorite places to go and I love it so much. I've been on DC since 2007 and I seem to enjoy it more every day. Really, happy birthday DC, thanks for being a fun escape for me and may you be around for years to come for many people to enjoy. <3

1 hour ago, danaseilhan said:

BOOK HOGWARTS COLORS.  Ravenclaw is BLUE AND BRONZE.

My daughter has a scroll too, and I tend to sign into hers and grab the new ones when I think about it.  Neither she nor I had twigged onto this yet.  OMG.  She will LOSE IT when I tell her.

(She's a Hufflepuff, and proud of it.)

I was so happy to see Ravenclaw in the book colours!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Just caught my second bunch of eggs (the drops rates are still amazing, it wasn't difficult at all), and I can't wait to see the adults! I love all of them - the colours are beautiful and the hatchies didn't lose those lovely egg colourations, which so often happens (looking at you  Diamondwings), but I absolutely adore the Hufflepuff ones.

Which is lucky I guess, because I'm a Hufflepuff XD

Just got around to looking at the new sprites next to the old, and I'm LOVING the new red!  I personally like the old seasonal sprites, but...the new ones ARE better when compared side by side.  Ah well, I have the old sprites saved if I want to look at them for nostalgia purposes. XP

My sets of the new eggs hatch in about 3 hours, whee!

One of each egg has hatched for me and now I'm tempted to go grab more. :D I incubated just one of each breed even though I caught two of each; I had the feeling that if I only incubate half a batch first, then I'd be able to wait until the rest of the bunch hatches without using incubate. Needless to say I wasn't able to wait!

https://dragcave.net/group/54760

Named and grouped my new eggies! I am LOVING the Houses tbh, just fantastic all around.

Also, there's something about the new seasonals that bothers me - I really like them, they're very vibrant, but they almost look... Pastel. Not as real as some of the other breeds. I ADORE the new Reds though.

5 hours ago, danaseilhan said:

BOOK HOGWARTS COLORS.  Ravenclaw is BLUE AND BRONZE.

My daughter has a scroll too, and I tend to sign into hers and grab the new ones when I think about it.  Neither she nor I had twigged onto this yet.  OMG.  She will LOSE IT when I tell her.

(She's a Hufflepuff, and proud of it.)

I know! Thank you, spriters, for doing that! I'm a Gryffinpuff myself but I'm happy that I was able to catch all of them so easily 2 days late. 

Oooh the S2s look lovely! I really like the snake/Slytherin wyrm so far ❤️ I usually get sorted into Gryffindor or Slytherin depending on which quiz I take, so I’m pretty excited about those dragons!