Event credits:

Story: birdzgoboom

Scroll Badges: PieMaster

News announcement graphic: Shajana

On-site announcement graphic : Shajana

Tetrominoes: Marrionetta, TCA

Board background: Shajana

Meters: Shajana

Ahh the adult is really beautiful, it has such a gentle face too! It's neat to see a holiday amphiptere. ^_^ Many thanks to the spriters!

Beautiful sprite and beautiful description! Love them both in character and looks. Thank you so much, Fiona and Odeen! :wub: 

And TJ, too, of course!  ;) 

Beautiful! I find it refreshing this holiday dragon has its own description rather than the shared one.

Such pretty dragons. I liked them when I saw then within TJ's post, but when I clicked to see their description and they came up in my theme (Blackout)... WOW! The details and coloring show up even better against a dark background. Gorgeous!

I miss the last 2 years holiday adventure but the story is nice too, as it's low key and you can hop on for just a few minutes, catch up and then get back to your day. I'm playing the game a few times a day but probably not helping move the meter much as I'm horrible at it. :lol:  I can do the medium one sometimes, the easy one all the time and the hard one not at all. I keep trying the hard level but it kicks my bum every time.

Thanks TJ and everyone else who contributed to another fantastic Holiday event! :)

OMG .., the new x-mas dragon is soooo beautiful.. I totally totally love her. I honestly have to say, that I always was a bit disappointed, that most x-mas dragons don't look that specific and not very unique, except for the Holly and the Yulebuck. Each year I always hope for such a unique and specific looking dragon like the Yulebuck or the Holly and this year it comes nearest to what I always hope for each x-mas.For me Yuelbuck and Holly  represents x-mas on DC the most, but now the Garland dragon is in this team too. ;) Thanks a million to the spriter(s). (But I have to say the Aegis, Mistletoe and Solstice dragons are amazing x-mas dragons, too.) When it comes to uniqueness Yulebuck, Holly and Garland are my favs.

The adult is so gorgeous! I love the color scheme. Now which dragons to put them with? :o I am gonna love making checkers with these.

1 minute ago, Karobb said:

Why?

Because I love the colors and the style and it just appeals to me.  They are beautiful.

2 hours ago, topaz08 said:

Because I love the colors and the style and it just appeals to me.  They are beautiful.

Fair enough, the sprite is lovely, just wish they had a bit more sparkle to them like actual garland!

Edited by Karobb

2 minutes ago, Karobb said:

Fair enough, they just seem kind of plain to me, the trend toward the colorless continues :(  gonna be another hard dragon to pair like the snow!

I have seen beautiful pairings with Snow. :)

If you're wondering about pairings with Garlands, look here in the Breeding plans topic. There are a LOT of possibilities listed and not only leaning towards white :D

4 minutes ago, Karobb said:

gonna be another hard dragon to pair like the snow!

While I do hope that next year we have another garishly festive Dragon (gingerbread! gingerbread! gingerbread!), this thread has some great pairing ideas - I'm a HUGE fan of how they'll look with Gaias. 

Edited by LibbyLishly
Ninja'd!

6 minutes ago, Karobb said:

Fair enough, they just seem kind of plain to me, the trend toward the colorless continues :(  gonna be another hard dragon to pair like the snow!

Maybe it's the Blackout Skin I'm using, but to me neither Snow or Garland look colourless at all. In fact, they practically sparkle from my screen. I have no pairings in mind yet for the Garlands, but I bred and collected sixteen different 2nd gen Snows, and most of them look amazing!

9 minutes ago, Karobb said:

There are some really surprising but lovely combinations in the pairing thread! They look fabulous with fever wyverns, Gaia, tiemarrs, and some others. This dragon has distinct accent colours that really get pulled out and highlighted with certain pairings! I agree that Snows were hard to pair, but Garlands really don’t seem to have the same problem. Snows have more muted accent colours, with only gold really showing through. 

Adults are really beautiful! They look great with Snows :> 

Next year I'm expecting gingerbread one (as someone earlier said)....but also I feel the need for some gorgeous sparkling icy dragon :) Maybe I will design something, dunno...

But thank you TJ and spriters for great work! This site is amazing!

2 hours ago, Ribombee said:

There are some really surprising but lovely combinations in the pairing thread! They look fabulous with fever wyverns, Gaia, tiemarrs, and some others. This dragon has distinct accent colours that really get pulled out and highlighted with certain pairings! I agree that Snows were hard to pair, but Garlands really don’t seem to have the same problem. Snows have more muted accent colours, with only gold really showing through. 

NVM then, we must all conform!

Edited by Karobb

I do like the new sprites, however it being garland I was just expecting the colors to be more sparkly?

BTW I think the puzzle is fixed to always be ice lol!

Edited by Karobb