Story: birdzgoboom

Scroll Badges: PieMaster

News announcement graphic: Shajana

On-site announcement graphic : Shajana

Tetrominoes: Marrionetta, TCA

Board background: Shajana

Meters: Shajana

Message added by purpledragonclaw

Meh there are complaints every year. Before it was "whhhy are the dragons always generically holiday/Valentines/Halloween coloured???" and then people get that and there's complaints that they're not red/green or pink and purple enough or whatever. 
Take that with a grain of salt, maybe I just need to yell at more kids to get off my lawn.

Still, I for one welcome our new garland dragons. They have a similar subtle sparkle to them that made me love the snow dragons so much. <3

5 minutes ago, DorkJulian said:

Meh there are complaints every year. Before it was "whhhy are the dragons always generically holiday/Valentines/Halloween coloured???" and then people get that and there's complaints that they're not red/green or pink and purple enough or whatever. 
Take that with a grain of salt, maybe I just need to yell at more kids to get off my lawn.

Still, I for one welcome our new garland dragons. They have a similar subtle sparkle to them that made me love the snow dragons so much. <3

Why is it acceptable to say you Love the new dragon and not to say you wish it were a bit different?   Complaining or just an observation?  

Personally I can not wait to see the Spriter's alts for these, just to see if they sparkle xD!

Edited by Karobb

3 minutes ago, Karobb said:

Why is it acceptable to say you Love the new dragon and not to say you wish it were a bit different?   Complaining or just an observation?  

I don't know, I'm being old and senile, you kids today and your wishing. Wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up first, this website still isn't going to please everyone. 

My back hurts, why?!

Just now, DorkJulian said:

I don't know, I'm being old and senile, you kids today and your wishing. Wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up first, this website still isn't going to please everyone. 

My back hurts, why?!

Probably older than you are, but that is neither here nor there, everyone is entitled to their opinion, we are not all going to love the same things!   I love brussel sprouts, you?

1 minute ago, Karobb said:

Probably older than you are, but that is neither here nor there, everyone is entitled to their opinion, we are not all going to love the same things!   I love brussel sprouts, you?

I haven't been taking my medications
No, really, I haven't

I love american healthcare!

Edited by DorkJulian

On another sad note, I just picked up a holly from the AP and the owner of the 2007 cb killed it, sad for everyone who sold their eye teeth for a second gen of that!

7 minutes ago, Karobb said:

Butting in to suggest that maybe the difference is that the new dragons are done. The spriters have put in their hard work. There's no changing anything substantially at this point, so wishing it was different seems a bit silly. You don't have to like them at all, but it's like, what do you hope to achieve by pointing it out now, you know?

(The only time I've ever wished a dragon looked different was when the blue-winged bred Solstices were sprung on us with no warning, but that was in terms of having been led for a year to expect one thing and then being given something else.)

Using your sprouts analogy, would you go to someone's Christmas dinner and say "Well the turkey's okay but I'd have preferred goose"? :P

This is our first Christmas (Holiday) dragon that has an official name in the description. Yet they sort after the other Holidays. Are they going to keep sorting as Holiday (2017) or are they going somewhere among the G's?

Just now, seshat1407 said:

Butting in to suggest that maybe the difference is that the new dragons are done. The spriters have put in their hard work. There's no changing anything substantially at this point, so wishing it was different seems a bit silly. You don't have to like them at all, but it's like, what do you hope to achieve by pointing it out now, you know?

How about so we get something a bit brighter next year?

2 minutes ago, Karobb said:

On another sad note, I just picked up a holly from the AP and the owner of the 2007 cb killed it, sad for everyone who sold their eye teeth for a second gen of that!

Whyyyyyy do people kill CBs with children? I understand knocking off dragons with messy lineages, and I've done it for zombie purposes, but if you don't want something like that on your scroll, for heaven's sake, just release it.

1 minute ago, Zylara said:

was that Santa or another one has been killed?

Was trying not to name names, but yeah that was it!

7 minutes ago, mpolo said:

This is our first Christmas (Holiday) dragon that has an official name in the description. Yet they sort after the other Holidays. Are they going to keep sorting as Holiday (2017) or are they going somewhere among the G's?

The encyclopedia has them listed as Holiday Dragon (2017) and I believe as long as that is true, they will sort with the others.

I'm having a really hard time finding nice 2nd gen Snow and Aegis eggs in the AP. :(

Edited by purplehaze

5 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

The encyclopedia has them listed as Holiday Dragon (2017) and I believe as long as that is true, they will sort with the others.

I'm having a really hard time finding nice 2nd gen Snow and Aegis eggs in the AP. :(

We are getting down to the bottom of the barrel so to speak!

I am egg-locked until tomorrow morning.  I suspect the AP will be clear of holiday eggs by the time I can catch any more. 

Realised that with the exception of my CB Holly from the biome this year, all of mine bar one are from a single lineage.  Nice that the one that isn't is a 5th gen Thuwed. 

Just locked myself up for the next several hours - I'd intended to look for more Snows, but Yulebucks are my second-greatest weakness (greatest: Solstices) and I caught three gorgeous checkers in a row. (y) I'm also waiting for my last two hatchlings that I've slated for freezing to gender, but don't know how many more hours that will take. 

*Taps foot at hatchlings*

I have to wait 11 hours before I can go to the AP next.  It'll be quite sad to see the normal eggs returning.  I've had a really good christmas here, though.  Never in a million years did I think I would be able to say I have two CB Holly dragons on my scroll.

And this year's dragon is exquisite. beautiful dragon, beautiful name.

Thank you TJ and everyone else involved in making it all happen.

* gasping in delight *

the newest Christmas Dragon is gorgeous  :wub: 

so delicate ...  absolutely exquisite

thank you so much 

for everything    :D

Every stage of this Holiday dragon is just gorgeous! I love the color choices, and the description too!

I wonder if previous years' Holiday dragons will keep their descriptions, or be updated to be unique?

HA! Garland Dragons!! I totally called that when they were released on Christmas!! :D Everyone else was saying candle. *is seriously proud of herself right now* lol :lol:

I personally love these dragons! :wub: Color scheme and all! (And yes I was among those that had hoped for a brighter, more festive colored dragon this year) But I truly love the Garland Dragons! They are just so pretty and elegant. I cannot wait for mine to grow up~ And can't wait to find some more next year!!!

Thank you TJ and especially Fiona and Odeen! You've created another lovely dragon and I truly adore them! <3