Story: birdzgoboom

Scroll Badges: PieMaster

News announcement graphic: Shajana

On-site announcement graphic : Shajana

Tetrominoes: Marrionetta, TCA

Board background: Shajana

Meters: Shajana

*throws snow everywhere*

Oh I'm so happy with all my little Winter Magi babies, just can't get enough of them! :wub: Last year I was hoarding Aegis and now this year it shifted to these guys, just couldn't help it. Super excited to see the new Holiday dragons grow up though. Pretty sure I'll be asleep when they become adults but I might make an exception and stay up late just to see them. 

Augh! Such a busy and stressful week this year that I completely forgot about the release until it was hours too late! :C I don't even know if I'll be able to AP-fix my mistake.

Pretty dragons, though. ;__;

1 minute ago, Torkie10 said:

Augh! Such a busy and stressful week this year that I completely forgot about the release until it was hours too late! :C I don't even know if I'll be able to AP-fix my mistake.

Pretty dragons, though. ;__;

I've seen a few of the new eggs in the AP myself. You might still be able to find one or even two!

Maybe if the event had started with the old holiday release we would have had more active people.  I kind of like the puzzles, but as many have said you do one and then have no clue when 15 minutes are up and forget, so maybe lower the time and up the credit?   Next year I would highly suggest starting any event earlier with the breeding, a lot have already wondered off by now

Is anyone else having trouble filling up the status bars?  It seems to be down to a crawl. I remember the first day, I was able to fill it in rather quickly.  But now, it's barely filling in at all, even when I play the hard puzzles.

Just now, Data_Girl_3 said:

Is anyone else having trouble filling up the status bars?  It seems to be down to a crawl. I remember the first day, I was able to fill it in rather quickly.  But now, it's barely filling in at all, even when I play the hard puzzles.

Everyone who plays contributes to the same bar, probably just less people around the past 2 days!

Cant waitf to see the new dragons grow up tomorrow. :wub:

2 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Cant waitf to see the new dragons grow up tomorrow. :wub:

Same!! They'll be growing up around 7-8 AM my time so I'll be in bed but I'm kinda hoping I'll wake up like I usually do so I can at least see what they look like before falling back asleep lol Of course with my luck they will be late growing up/I won't wake up like I do around that time. LOL

16 minutes ago, lanette said:

Does "Submit Fire" and "Submit Ice" make any difference?

Depends, I think? (hope I answer this correctly)

Both add contribution to how much the event meter fills up however, only the leading choice determines the color of the meter. Since its blue that means Ice is currently leading (would be red if fire was leading but he haven't had that happen yet, I think). The meter fills up based on global user activity so its everyone's contribution that makes the gauge fill up. ^^ 

So whether to pick Fire or Ice is really up to personal choice, can always pick the other option anytime you complete another puzzle. 

3 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

Honestly, this event isn't my favorite either. I like that it's different and puzzles can be fun, but we have yet to see the fire bar and it's day four. We've also already slowed way down progress-wise, which doesn't make things look good for the coming days. There's no variety either. I know some people like reading a new chapter everyday, but I'm not personally interested by text rewards and would rather have seen a decorating event. Oh well. I'm still thankful for all the work that was put into it. 

Honestly, yeah, same thing. I love reading the story, but I don't like the puzzles; I preferred decorating or RPG events. They were much more fun.

Well, not that I'm complaining. I have all the old CB's and I just summoned the last guardian for my scroll too!

I myself am not very good with these puzzles and I'm not very invested in playing them. It's an okay event but I was really hoping to have a game like the previous two years. I had some RL issues last year and was totally unable to enjoy the event so I was really looking forward to this year's one.

2 minutes ago, evinin said:

I myself am not very good with these puzzles and I'm not very invested in playing them. It's an okay event but I was really hoping to have a game like the previous two years. I had some RL issues last year and was totally unable to enjoy the event so I was really looking forward to this year's one.

I'm not bad at the puzzles, just not a super big fan of them. Now if this was the mana game, I'd be all over that. I wasn't around last year either so besides getting on and doing enough to get the badge/new eggs I didn't really get to enjoy the whole event. :( So I know how you feel about that, especially with this event.

Just now at 70%? Kinda curious of which will happen first - the new dragons grow up or the bar gets filled to 100% to unlock the next chapter? LOL :lol:

I got up yesterday and had to play just one game to unlock chapter 3.  Got up this morning and the one game didn't do it.  If it's going to be like this, we could do with not having to wait 15 minutes to try again.  I could have squeezed one or two more in when I played but I have to go out now.

Just mentioning that I've only ever submitted for fire. Someone commented on "who wants a hot christmas" or something of the sort. Well, perhaps there are those people who like to be warm and toasty during the winter months..ya know, like me..

19 minutes ago, PhoenixEterna said:

Just mentioning that I've only ever submitted for fire. Someone commented on "who wants a hot christmas" or something of the sort. Well, perhaps there are those people who like to be warm and toasty during the winter months..ya know, like me..

I know that feeling :/ I live in the north of the UK, the land of perpetual rain, where summer lasts for a week, two if we're lucky. So having a warm winter that isn't just rain and wind sounds like heaven.

Welp I got up temporarily (it's 2am here) to use the breathing machine to see if it'll help with the stuffiness (it didn't), and I figured I might as well peek at DC while using it. Was able to grab two last holiday eggs, yay! ("Last" since I'm pretty dang sure the holiday wall will be gone when I unlock in 17 hours.)  I have absolutely no patience for that puzzle game at the moment, but I wanted to contribute at least once before going back to bed, so I just kept hitting the "new puzzle" button until it gave me an easy one, lol.

I have to agree with others. A decorating game or even a text adventure would have been better. Doing the same kind of puzzle over and over again for what feels like very little reward (that bar barely moves) is getting pretty stale

iirc when we did minesweeper for the Halloween event the cooldown was 10 minutes. If only that were the case here

This is supposed to be enjoyable.  It's getting painful.  I'm happy that we got the badge easily and my brain isn't taxed too much but I think that bar is stuck!  I will persevere though.  I do want to see how it all ends.  15 minutes and counting...

6 minutes ago, quinney said:

This is supposed to be enjoyable.  It's getting painful.  I'm happy that we got the badge easily and my brain isn't taxed too much but I think that bar is stuck!  I will persevere though.  I do want to see how it all ends.  15 minutes and counting...

I don't like it very much, but I'm doing it because I know there's people that want to read the story. Hopefully TJ adjusts it to make it more enjoyable

I have to admit, I'm in agreement with the puzzles this time around. While I appreciate the staff trying and doing something different from the RPG games of the last two years, the Tetris puzzles are tedious work for little reward :/ And I LIKE puzzles.

It might've been better if they either had a different puzzle game each day or didn't make the bar based on site-wide contribution or what you contribute was higher than it actually is. As it stands, even doing four hard puzzles an hour feels like nothing is being added :/

Edited by SheridanCharon