Event credits:

Story: birdzgoboom

Scroll Badges: PieMaster

News announcement graphic: Shajana

On-site announcement graphic : Shajana

Tetrominoes: Marrionetta, TCA

Board background: Shajana

Meters: Shajana

WOW. WOW. WOW. The adult is just as gorgeous as I hoped! I love her so much! And I'm SO happy that Christmas dragons are starting to get their own unique descs. It's always bugged me that they all shared the same desc. 

I love the pose and body-type of the Garland dragon, but I do agree about the colors. This makes *three* years in a row that the holiday dragon has been very light-colored without much "pop" in terms of actual color. One reason I love the Ribbon Dancers is their in-your-face coloring, and the Yulebuck's markings for the same reason. I do love this dragon, but can we PLEASE have a more colorful holiday dragon next year?!

Oh my wow...these dragons are elegant and beautiful! I love the design! Well done spriters! <3 <3 <3

Okay, I have to say, I think those of you complaining about muted colors need new monitors. Garlands and Snows don't look muted to me at all, and to describe the Aegis as muted sounds downright silly to me. It's covered in BRIGHT blue! I have zero trouble matching these guys and I'm finding it hard to understand why other people see them so very differently. I can only assume poor monitor color display for some people is to blame, because otherwise I have to assume our eyes work very differently. (Which I guess is possible.... but seems less likely.)

Edited by Lurhstaap

Does this mean the rest of the holidays are finally getting their own flavor texts? I like reading about dragons and it's always disappointing that the other holiday ones all had the same description even though they're all drastically different in looks and temperament.

I love the concept behind these! The way they drape themselves around trees. They're tree huggers XD

4 minutes ago, Lurhstaap said:

Okay, I have to say, I think those of you complaining about muted colors need new monitors. Garlands and Snows don't look muted to me at all, and to describe the Aegis as muted sounds downright silly to me. It's covered in BRIGHT blue! I have zero trouble matching these guys and I'm finding it hard to understand why other people see them so very differently. I can only assume poor monitor color display for some people is to blame, because otherwise I have to assume our eyes work very differently. (Which I guess is possible.... but seems less likely.)

The Aegis has a lot of blue, but I wouldn't say it's "bright" blue. There is a lot of light bluish-white, and then some parts of darker blue, but none of it "pops" in the way that, say, Ribbon Dancers or Winter Magis do. Snows have gold manes/chests and gold highlights on their wings, but they are for the most part white and bluish-white. They are pretty, I'm not saying they aren't, but they are *very* different then the bold colors of some of the past holiday breeds. It's not a bad thing at all to have some lighter-colored, more subtle dragons, but three years in a row is a bit much. Again, I love all three of these dragons, I just hope for something more colorful next year. 

So we'll be getting Christmas dragons with unique descriptions from now on. Finally. Thank you. Either way, I feel that Garlands are my favorite Christmas breed now alongside Aegides.

14 minutes ago, Lurhstaap said:

I would not blame people's monitors, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I am just gonna say that I have never seen garland that did not have some sparkle to it.

WOW.  BEAUTIFUL!!!  So much movement, fluidity, detail... the soft gleam and shimmer, the little details of the berries, just -- this is one of those designs that you see and your jaw literally drops.  SO GORGEOUS!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Apparently the Garlands are still listed by the encyclopedia as Holiday Dragon (2017). That is what just popped up on my hatchy's view page.

Just now, purplehaze said:

Apparently the Garlands are still listed by the encyclopedia as Holiday Dragon (2017). That is what just popped up on my hatchy's view page.

Why would it be different than the other Christmas dragons?

Just now, Karobb said:

Why would it be different than the other Christmas dragons?

Just pointing out that that part is still the same, even though it has its own unique name and breed description.

17 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

The Aegis has a lot of blue, but I wouldn't say it's "bright" blue. There is a lot of light bluish-white, and then some parts of darker blue, but none of it "pops" in the way that, say, Ribbon Dancers or Winter Magis do. Snows have gold manes/chests and gold highlights on their wings, but they are for the most part white and bluish-white. They are pretty, I'm not saying they aren't, but they are *very* different then the bold colors of some of the past holiday breeds. It's not a bad thing at all to have some lighter-colored, more subtle dragons, but three years in a row is a bit much. Again, I love all three of these dragons, I just hope for something more colorful next year. 

I hope for one more in a row, sry, I need a matching mate for, probably Aegis (Garlands seem to match with Snows better than Aegises, so... Sth white-blue(or light greenish or pale goldish) and bulky/fluffy for 2018, please)... Holidays have been horrible to match together, 2017 and 2016 are probably the only good winter holiday match so far...

(And I personally don't like the "all colours of the rainbow" of the Winter Magi, especially those 'pants')

as for encyclopeadia names, all holidays should get these in:<

Anyone could bother to summarize the event story? My eyes won't handle reading such textwalls...

Edited by VixenDra

I like the new dragon.  I was trying to wait until my own grew up before I saw what the adults were like, but I have about as much patience as a five year old on Christmas Eve and caved. 

Regarding the muted colours, I am liking that not all the holiday dragons are brightly coloured. As someone who had the white tipped variant of the snow angel, this will make the fourth more subtle seasonal dragon of the Christmas breeds on my scroll and I think they contrast nicely with the brighter ones. 

The great thing about the variety is that there is something that will please everyone.  I am sure that this years will be one of my favourite holiday dragons, though the Yulebuck hatchling is still my very favourite holiday dragon sprite. 

The design for Garland dragon is very beautiful! I can't wait for mine to grow! I also can't wait to see all the beautiful lineages that everyone comes up with!

" A garland is a decorative wreath or cord (typically used at festive occasions) which can be hung round a person's neck or on inanimate objects like Christmas trees. Originally garlands were made of flowers or leaves. "

>wreath

Woah i totally called it im the best everybody worship me

...wait are the "mana berries" actual berries or just pieces of flesh falling off the dragon?

Wow, I just LOVE this dragon! it's so beautiful and well done!

As for the colors, I agree that we had already several Christmas dragons with pale colors,

and that is a little boring. I totally imagine this dragon with a different color, like bright red.

Maybe next year the dragon will be a explosion of colors!

But I enjoy this one very much ^_^

Absolutely stunning dragon.  Garland, that's perfect.  Festive, elegant, so lovely. 

Very enjoyable story too!  Am loving this holiday here again.  Thank you to TJ and writers, artists, moderators, to all making this place so magical. 

I don't think it's a "problem" that the color scheme is subtler and in the light blue range again.  Sure, variety is great, and future dragons will undoubtedly look different.  But there is nothing "wrong" with THIS dragon -- it's beautiful!  Graceful and wintry and garland-esque... and it has some variety that the previous ones didn't; Solstice was light blue with gold but also deep pink and grey-white highlights, then Aegis was an even lighter and cooler blue with gold and pure white highlights, Mistletoe was in the cool blue-green realm, then Snow was a warmer light greenish blue with gold highlights, then the Garland is a light greenish-white...but with green and red highlights!  That gives it different pairing possibilities than the previous light blue dragons. 

And the cave in general has a lot of striking, bold dragons; essentially all the Halloween and Valentine's dragons are bold (with the exception of Shadow Walkers and Sweetlings), so it's nice to have an occasional Holiday that's more subdued, to match with the 'softer' dragons.  <3

Edited by Kelkelen

Not all holiday dragons need to be bright and colorful. When I saw this hatchling I was hoping the adult would have more color -- and it does! Subtle color. Nice. Don't get me wrong, I like the bright dragons, too, just feel the variety is nice. Want to talk about lack of variety -- how about the Halloween dragons?

Just now, purplehaze said:

Not all holiday dragons need to be bright and colorful. When I saw this hatchling I was hoping the adult would have more color -- and it does! Subtle color. Nice. Don't get me wrong, I like the bright dragons, too, just feel the variety is nice. Want to talk about lack of variety -- how about the Halloween dragons?

Have to say the shadow walker is still my favorite!