Story: birdzgoboom

Scroll Badges: PieMaster

News announcement graphic: Shajana

On-site announcement graphic : Shajana

Tetrominoes: Marrionetta, TCA

Board background: Shajana

Meters: Shajana

Holy mother of fell dragons!

It actually has ingame lore (Huge step in the right direction), it's pretty without relying on being shiny, and isn't a western.

This is a good holiday, this is what holiday dragons should be, not in a way that "they all need to be white" or some nonsense like that, but they should be distinct and try to do different things that are still fun in their own way.

Love these guys :D

Every time I do the Tetris puzzles, all I can think of is the theme song. In fact I found a 10-hour long version of that song on youtube. Takes me back to when I used to play Tetris on my Gameboy while on the way to school every morning.

The tetris puzzles seem to be getting easier for me, or maybe I've just been lucky with the last few ones I've done.

As for "complaining" about the new holiday dragon, I think everyone should be allowed to state their opinions without being labeled as "complaining" or ungrateful. Not everyone likes the same types of dragons, and there is nothing wrong with that. I *love* the Aegis, their fluffiness and the subtle bluish-white colors (and especially the Enrage action!), I love them very much despite them being rather light-colored and not "typical" Christmas/holiday colors. However, when three years in a row brings light-colored holiday dragons with no bold colors, then yeah I'm going to voice my hope that next year's holiday dragon be more boldly colored. I'd love a nice deep brown gingerbread dragon, actually, I really like that idea. (And as for "this dragon is already done, no use complaining now!", how is TJ or the spriters going to know that anyone wants or likes colorful dragons, or anything at all, if no one expresses their opinion?)

Forgot to mention it before, but I really do like how this dragon has their own unique description.

Does this mean all the past Christmas dragons will get their own descriptions, too?  Because I'm in favor of that idea.  I prefer each dragon to have their own unique descriptions. (I'm still bugged the Red and Blue Dinos don't have a unique description of their own, the way Yellow, Green and Purple Dinos do.)

Beautiful dragon! I must admit I was initially disappointed to see another light-colored egg (darker dragons are easier to pair in lineages and look better against the scroll backdrop, I think) but these guys turned out to be very lovely. They look quite graceful, I'm excited to start matching them up. Love the thought of them acting as draped snow as well.

Named my little Garlands "Saint Lucia's Crown" and "A Festive Note" (how was that not taken?!). I'm going to collect such a hoard of these during future Christmases. :D

The new dragons, these Garland dragons, are okay. Not my favorite for sure.

20 minutes ago, Data_Girl_3 said:

Forgot to mention it before, but I really do like how this dragon has their own unique description.

Does this mean all the past Christmas dragons will get their own descriptions, too?  Because I'm in favor of that idea.  I prefer each dragon to have their own unique descriptions. (I'm still bugged the Red and Blue Dinos don't have a unique description of their own, the way Yellow, Green and Purple Dinos do.)

Huh, I never even noticed that about the Dinos. I wonder why that is? And yes, I'd loooove the past holiday dragons to get their own descriptions, or at the very least make their known-names "official" on the site (Holly, Yulebuck, etc instead of just "Holiday (year)"). 

20 minutes ago, Data_Girl_3 said:

This! I would simply love if all the other Christmas dragons got their own descriptions as well! :D

Very pretty adult dragons! I do wish they'd kept some off the seagreen color I thought the S2s had, but squinting at it now I'm probably just seeing a nonexistent color where the mane meets the white. Ah well! They're very pretty and elegant, make me think of a frosted wedding cake :D

Although, now that people have mentioned it and considering TJ's post... I hope we get a candle dragon someday! :D ...Although to be fair there is a very adorable non-holiday concept of such well underway :'D

Other things--looks like the AP eggs are those that were bred around 11 PM on Christmas. Gah! Flood didn't last nearly as long as Halloween! See, everyone, this is why we need higher limits on CBs... :P 

I hope TJ adjusts the meter for the event to fill proportionately to how many people are playing. 33% filled at 5 PM after just a few days doesn't bode well for the rest of the 12. I imagine the creators will share the final story either way, but kinda a bummer to just watch it inchworm along. D:

Edit: OH OH OH! And I'm SO GLAD these dragons FINALLY have a proper name and description! I really hope this is retroactively added for the other Christmas breeds, too, since most still have active creators and already established lore!

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Gathering things in one place for y'all.

- Puzzle Parties! Join a team! (Both to be fair):

18 hours ago, Shokomon said:

Because we need more fire, I made a topic for the Fire Team: 

More fire is needed.

MORE.

JOIN US ON THE FIRE SIDE!

Booooooooo! Hisssssss! 

- Word of the Creators of the new dragon:

3 hours ago, Fiona said:

The mana berries are not dangerous. They're fire mana, yes, but give off a gentle warmth.

- New dragon breeding thread:

4 hours ago, LibbyLishly said:

While I do hope that next year we have another garishly festive Dragon (gingerbread! gingerbread! gingerbread!), this thread has some great pairing ideas - I'm a HUGE fan of how they'll look with Gaias. 

- From TJ:

On 12/25/2017 at 2:17 AM, TJ09 said:

On 12/25/2017 at 2:13 AM, Yubelchen said:

Mhhh, did a hard one for fire but it doesnt show on my gauge, seems like once you choose you are stuck with ir.

So it means im for team ice then XD

Actually, the meter is global (everyone needs to contribute to unlock) and shows the current leader (warm vs cold).

On 12/25/2017 at 2:09 PM, TJ09 said:
On 12/25/2017 at 2:01 PM, Ripan said:

I can't tell which "side" of the bar is winning at all. I'm just reading the bar like it is a voting box for fire or ice, and all it is showing now is how long left until it is full of "votes". Once it has filled up we'll know if there was more for ice or for fire mana.

That's how I've been seeing it at least.

The bar is currently blue because ice is winning. It would be red otherwise.

- A peak at the red meter and meter parts:

On 12/27/2017 at 11:48 AM, Natakiro said:

Aw, I love the hatchling designs; can't wait to see them grow up!

And here's the red bar:

Linked because spoiler

On 12/27/2017 at 12:30 PM, pinkgothic said:
On 12/27/2017 at 11:53 AM, mouse050909 said:

Where did you find that? :) 

I'm assuming they tweaked the CSS in their browser, it's easy enough. :) You can see the parts the bar is made up of here: https://static.dcave.net/images/holidays17/meter.png

Catch your babies from the AP before they are all gone!

I am doing fire all day for 2 days, am I the only one that thinks this game is rigged?  Was kind of hoping they would up the credit per puzzle, the meter is just getting more behind every day!

I'm a tad disappointed that I won't be unlocked before the AP holiday wall disappears, but I really did pretty good this holiday of collecting what I need (and hitting scroll-goals with *three* breeds!) so... I guess I should stop being greedy? lol

33 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Other things--looks like the AP eggs are those that were bred around 11 PM on Christmas. Gah! Flood didn't last nearly as long as Halloween! See, everyone, this is why we need higher limits on CBs... :P 

Gonna disagree here, the Halloween AP went on for a painfully long time, I think this is perfect! 

4 minutes ago, Karobb said:

I am doing fire all day for 2 days, am I the only one that thinks this game is rigged?  Was kind of hoping they would up the credit per puzzle, the meter is just getting more behind every day!

I have never even seen the fire bar and I have been putting them all through as fire too. 

8 minutes ago, FullMoonDreams said:

I have never even seen the fire bar and I have been putting them all through as fire too. 

Fire bar? The only thing I see about choosing fire or ice is regarding how the story ends. "Help fill up the bar to unlock the next chapter of the story. Contribute your progress to cold or warmth to affect how the story ends."  I don't see anything suggesting that the mana bar will change color based on whether more players choose Fire or Ice.

ETA: Having the mana bar only one color is a good idea IMHO. I could just see the drama if it was constantly switching back and forth from blue to red and back again, especially as the event draws to a close.

Edited by casprrr
Addition

Ever the elegant dragons by Fiona and Odeen. 

Ah, it would have been nice to have been able to really get into things this year... I just can't, however. I can't absorb anything but cold and dryness since Christmas. My brain is putty. I'd totally be helping out team fire, but I'm kaput. Good luck people!

Gorgeous dragon! I loved the egg and hatchling stages, and the adult is absolutely beautiful. I like that it is something a little bit different while still being Christmas-y.

2 minutes ago, casprrr said:

Fire bar? The only thing I see about choosing fire or ice is regarding how the story ends. "Help fill up the bar to unlock the next chapter of the story. Contribute your progress to cold or warmth to affect how the story ends."  I don't see anything suggesting that the mana bar will change color based on whether more players choose Fire or Ice.

There is a link to the red bar image a little way back up this page.