TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

I definitely think posting in the forums can make you a target, especially if you post about catching something that someone else wants. But I also think that a lot of viewbombers just kind of attack randomly, not doing it to get back at anyone specifically but just to cause trouble and chaos.

I am so happy!

I haven't been able to catch any CB Yulebucks or CB Hollies. I had literally just about given up. Did I get one? Nope. But..... I was able to snag a nice lineage with a Yulebuck spriters alt. It has been one of my scroll goals for years. Even if I don't get the CBs, I am content. 😁

Happy Holidays!

Thanks to all the tips mentioned here I finally managed to get my two CB Hollies and finally have all I need! ^_^ (using chrome, disabling javascript & images really helped) So thanks to anyone who posted here!

19 minutes ago, free_of_whip said:

Even though we can get CB hollies again, it looks like they are all males.  Originally (and in the bred ones), they could be either male or female.  I had so hoped that the new ones would be the same as the old ones.

The originals were males.  The few, rare females were given as raffle HM prizes. So these are like the originals. :)

i almost killed some of my dragons by accident lol especially one of my hollies :') they had lots of views as hatchies but i was 'its fine' then went to sleep, woke up like 'omg what did i do' boom 5/6 dragons sick,  sickness lasted a lot more with that holly than the others but they recovered! gonna try not do the same thing tonight ops

literally me once they hit the 4 hours mark: -posts all dragons in 10 hatcheries i know of- i always use 10, well 9 since EATW is down right now rip

1 hour ago, free_of_whip said:

Even though we can get CB hollies again, it looks like they are all males.  Originally (and in the bred ones), they could be either male or female.  I had so hoped that the new ones would be the same as the old ones.

The originals were all male.  The only female dragons at that time were Pinks, Purples and the female silver. 

Not only did the drop at 4:10 have 3 Hollys on the page at once, but I actually managed to get one.  :)

Edited by DragonLady86

1 hour ago, Coheart said:

Do you think posting on the forums makes you a major target for view bombing? I mean how else would people know about your scroll? Not really you specifically, but anyone. Just a thought that I had...

I don't have my scroll visible nor provide a link. I've had eggs killed several times from viewbombing. I hate to do it, but it's just one of those things I deal with. I also trade on EATW from time to time, and notice an increased risk of viewbombing. Example: I'm trading a rare dragon for something. I have this person keep offering me junk. I keep rejecting them. They either viewbomb what I am trading or wait till I've traded and then viewbomb my new hatchinling/egg as punishment for not accepting their garbage trade. People can be nasty, man.

9 hours ago, Earth Gurl said:

Congrats! :D 

This is honestly the best birthday, Christmas, Christmas event on DC that I've ever had simply because I was able to get a CB of my favorite dragon <3 I've been dreaming of this for 9 years. I'm so excited for the "event" and the new derg. :) 

Yes, never in a million years did I think I'd be able to say I have two CB Hollies on my scroll!

10 minutes ago, meruru said:

I just caught my first holly XD

Congratulations!  Look after it well - viewbombers!

Edited by quinney

-incoherent screeching-

I am so excited that the holiday biome has made a comeback. Can't wait to see what this year's new dragon will look like!

On 12/21/2017 at 12:23 PM, Ariento said:

All the eggs get picked up rather quickly. If there aren't any eggs, that means they've all been grabbed. The regular biomes don't normally move that quickly, however, so there's pretty much always eggs there.

New eggs drop every five minutes (at xx:x5 and xx:x0) and a large drop happens on the hour.

On 12/21/2017 at 12:27 PM, Sinion Kabe said:

@WittyBanter, roughly 8 CB eggs dropped in the Holiday biome around 2mins ago (19:25 UK time). Just follow the advice of @Ariento and you'll hopefully be quick enough to grab what you need.

Thanks, both of you!

I did it, I caught my last Yulebuck!!

Thank goodness for that, it feels like I've done nothing but sit here and click like an idiot forever - worth it, though!

Good luck to all of you still catching.

6 minutes ago, quinney said:

I did it, I caught my last Yulebuck!!

Thank goodness for that, it feels like I've done nothing but sit here and click like an idiot forever - worth it, though!

Good luck to all of you still catching.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm so happy for you ^^

I was lucky to grab my 2 yules years ago when they first dropped.

Yay! I bred the last of my Christmas dragons today. Now I'm all set to just keep hunting through Christmas.

Edit: My CB holly gendered. :nyan: 

Edited by Jazeki

11 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Yay! I bred the last of my Christmas dragons today. Now I'm all set to just keep hunting through Christmas.

Edit: My CB holly gendered. :nyan: 

.......... Omg. I completely forgot about breeding my own dragons! Duh! I should probably do some of those now.

Once the rest of my eggs hatch and I'm unlocked I need to do some serious Aegis hunting. Running out of time to collect them and I completely forgot. ^^' Still need to breed the rest of my Holidays but I think I'll save that for Christmas. 

*Pokes signature* If anyone wants a baby from the CBs listed, PM me! Your choice of mate, though I'm out of Flamingos (since when were those such popular Christmas mates?...). I'd rather breed them for people than just breed them all to the AP and hope for the best.

19 minutes ago, meruru said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm so happy for you ^^

I was lucky to grab my 2 yules years ago when they first dropped.

Thank you! I didn't land here until 2010, although it does feel like I've been here forever!

Aaaaand I just caught my second holly on the 5 minute drop :D

I now have all CB's of every Christmas dragon.

now I can focus on AP hunting

I caught my 2 CB Hollies and am now focused on scroll goals in the AP. If I can find a nice enraged Aegis checker and a tinselkin Snow I'll be done. 

I'm also able to use two of my three hatcheries again, I'm not brave enough to use Silvi's Lair yet. Glad to see things are quieting down.

Welcome @bandaidstealer! Holidays are always pretty fun around here. But during the "regular" months we normally have a few new breeds released per month, so it's really never boring here. Have fun!

1 hour ago, bandaidstealer said:

I seem to have stumbled across this hidden gem of a site at a great time of year. Everyone seems so excited.  What a fun event!

Welcome! If you can, be sure to pick up some of the holiday breeds because they won't be back until next year. :3