TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

33 minutes ago, Fabula said:

I love Yulebucks and am so happy we can get CB ones this year. :wub: Good luck on your Holly hunt!

Thank you! I just caught a Holly so I only need to catch 1 more and then I am done. Good luck with your hunting/breeding, too. 😊

I didn't think being two days off of egg hunts would put me so out of sorts... I just completely loaded up the holiday biome page on the 5th minute and STARED at a Holly before I realized I had to click the egg... No duh it was already taken with that poor 10 second reaction time. x'D

EDIT:
Yikes! I keep doing it. x'D I'm about to just say "Screw this" because I still have two days (Technically one and 30 minutes, close to midnight here...) before xmas and it seems i'm pretty brain dead right now. If I don't shape up then I think i'll pick this up tomorrow. x'D

Edited by AveryCF

I love how many of us are gifting CB hollies.  I believe I've been able to gift 5-6 so far! We have such a great and generous community here!! 

*GASP* I just panic clicked a Holly and got it. My first CB holly seeing I wasn't around back in 2007! ;3; Just one more CB Holly and I can be out of everyone's hair for the others hunting...

3 minutes ago, Tearadria said:

I love how many of us are gifting CB hollies.  I believe I've been able to gift 5-6 so far! We have such a great and generous community here!! 

As for the comment above. ;3; ^^^ Agreed! DC has always had an amazing community from the many years I've been on this game... I love how generous people are and though I likely don't do it enough, I do love helping out others as well. Sadly I don't have many rare eggs or pures, so it's nice when people tell me "Messy lineages are okay!" because then I can see myself doing my happy dance as I breed a sad little messy of a breed they at least didn't have. x'D

I just love that the phrase "gifting CB Hollies" can even be said genuinely. Years ago, when you were lucky to even catch a messy, inbred 25th gen Holly, the very concept would be ludicrous! I'm glad it's no longer like those days =)

2 minutes ago, Tearadria said:

Its pretty amazing in honest. I've been handing them out since day one and I can say I've never felt so thrilled about gifting before, nor have I handed out so many dragons in such a short amount of time until now. Makes me happy when I see others joining the efforts and having as much fun as I am on these gifting sprees. Definitely a great community we have indeed. :) 

I actually made a joke to myself calling the people who kept gifting Hollies the, "Holly Heroes" and now it kind of just stuck with me. XD 

2 minutes ago, Nine said:

I just love that the phrase "gifting CB Hollies" can even be said genuinely. Years ago, when you were lucky to even catch a messy, inbred 25th gen Holly, the very concept would be ludicrous! I'm glad it's no longer like those days =)

I can somewhat relate only my messiest Holly is only gen 18. Yet for some odd reason your comment has... Made me want a 25th gen Holly. Omigosh- have you started the sudden new trend of WANTING non CB hollies? x'D

2 minutes ago, DarknessDragon197 said:

Its pretty amazing in honest. I've been handing them out since day one and I can say I've never felt so thrilled about gifting before, nor have I handed out so many dragons in such a short amount of time until now. Makes me happy when I see others joining the efforts and having as much fun as I am on these gifting sprees. Definitely a great community we have indeed. :) 

I actually made a joke to myself calling the people who kept gifting Hollies the, "Holly Heroes" and now it kind of just stuck with me. XD 

But don't cha' know? You ARE a Holly Hero. x'D

Well, I got my 2nd CB Yulebuck while clicking for a CB Holly. No luck on the latter and I've been trying since this whole thing started. :(  I do now have 1 CB pair of all the Christmas dragons I was missing (except for the Hollies), so that's a good thing. :)

Gifting Hollies is a great idea.  Wish I could participate, but I've only managed to snag ONE thus far.  But more power to those of you who can catch and are willing to do so. :)

2 minutes ago, Nine said:

Yes! I remember those days, there was a time when I had simply accepted that I would never, ever get a Holly. Any Holly. The idea of *cavebred* Hollies... I would've laughed at anyone back then who said this would happen in the future.

I am so happy about being able to trade CB Hollies... I'm desperate to hit a few holiday scroll-goals so I'm not outright gifting them, but asking for messies, but it makes me so excited to be able to message someone who can't catch one on their own and be all "hey, that dragon you don't think is worth anything? I'll give you a CB Holly for it!" I don't do trading/gifting much because I don't often have anything anyone wants, I don't have CB Metals or Prizes or pretty lineages... But for some reason I'm good at catching CB Hollies?? Weird.

Still no luck with the Hollies here. Being away for two days hasn't helped my reactions and put me out of sorts, like you Avery! Doubt I'll get much chance today either. :unsure: Just gotta hope I'm able to catch them tomorrow!

7 minutes ago, AveryCF said:

I can somewhat relate only my messiest Holly is only gen 18. Yet for some odd reason your comment has... Made me want a 25th gen Holly. Omigosh- have you started the sudden new trend of WANTING non CB hollies? x'D

My first Holly was a wonderful gift from my friend during my first Christmas here on DC. 5th Gen with Autumn Seasonal dragons. :wub: Even though I now have CBs I'm keeping him forever.

Along with the Survived the Fog 2017, maybe there should be a Holly Heroes badge?

2 minutes ago, AveryCF said:

But don't cha' know? You ARE a Holly Hero. x'D

Wait...now I think I'm curious about this 25G Holly too XD I've never heard of one going that far before.

Oh yeah that's right, and here I thought I was giving out CB Reds this whole time! x'D Wanted to include all the gifters in the bunch, tired me decided I wasn't part of the party I guess. :lol: 

Just now, Nyxity said:

Along with the Survived the Fog 2017, maybe there should be a Holly Heroes badge?

Oh man that would be so cool! If I knew how to sprite I would love to help make it. 

7 minutes ago, Fandom Addict said:

Still no luck with the Hollies here. Being away for two days hasn't helped my reactions and put me out of sorts, like you Avery! Doubt I'll get much chance today either. :unsure: Just gotta hope I'm able to catch them tomorrow!

I just got my second CB Holly, talk about panic clicking. So I don't know if this is nessisarily true. ;3; I think it just depends on how fast you can refresh the page, how fast your computer is and reaction time and/or panic clicking. ;3;

With that said, i'm also out of everyone's hair who is Holly hunting. With these two CB eggs, it means I know how five hollies total. (Three messy adults from previous years. ;3; ) I wish everyone luck, and who knows... Maybe i'll look into holiday gifting after all. ;3; Especially with the scary sickness going around killing a few of peoples poor babies. ;~:

4 minutes ago, Fabula said:

My first Holly was a wonderful gift from my friend during my first Christmas here on DC. 5th Gen with Autumn Seasonal dragons. :wub: Even though I now have CBs I'm keeping him forever.

Awe, how cute! ;3; Now that I think about it... That is kind of a good pairing, sense Hollies can't be pure. ;3; My oldest is from 2012, it looks like... A 6th messy gen, but at the time I didn't care and with how hard CB hollies are now that they've even returned to being CB? Yeah, i'm happy with my three older messy ones. -3- They're like the messy elders to my cave born new babies. *Wiggles fingers* Ooooo, elder knowledge! x'D

2 minutes ago, DarknessDragon197 said:

Wait...now I think I'm curious about this 25G Holly too XD I've never heard of one going that far before.

Oh yeah that's right, and here I thought I was giving out CB Reds this whole time! x'D Wanted to include all the gifters in the bunch, tired me decided I wasn't part of the party I guess. :lol: 

Oh man that would be so cool! If I knew how to sprite I would love to help make it. 

Omg, I just had a funny idea... What if Hollie's really were just red dragons dressed up for the season? x'D Ahhh haha, that'd be so cute and yet oddly funny. x'D

Edited by AveryCF

lol.  dang maintenance.  Now I have to wait for it to go away to find out if I got my second holly or not.  (likely not, but so much more frustrating to not know) :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, DragonLady86 said:

lol.  dang maintenance.  Now I have to wait for it to go away to find out if I got my second holly or not.  (likely not, but so much more frustrating to not know) :rolleyes:

It's like a TV cliffhanger... "TUNE IN NEXT TIME TO FIND OUT IF YOU WON YOUR EGG OR HAD BUTTER FINGERS..."

I was actually just about to edit my post AGAIN realizing the site just briefly went down... But man, i'd die if I got stuck in your situation. ;~:

3 minutes ago, AveryCF said:

Awe, how cute! ;3; Now that I think about it... That is kind of a good pairing, sense Hollies can't be pure. ;3; My oldest is from 2012, it looks like... A 6th messy gen, but at the time I didn't care and with how hard CB hollies are now that they've even returned to being CB? Yeah, i'm happy with my three older messy ones. -3- They're like the messy elders to my cave born new babies. *Wiggles fingers* Ooooo, elder knowledge! x'D

I like how his lineage looks with the Autumns. ^.^ He's the only Holly I'm keeping that I already had (Besides the frozen hatchies I have) the other 2 I had are being replaced by the 2 CBs and 2 female Holly lines from Golden Wyverns that I got. :)

I know I constantly sound like a cynic, but I can't praise the rerelease of CBs for the fact that it should have happened long before this year. It's never a good idea to punish new users by having things they cannot get. The least I can say is that DC has learned this lesson sooner than Flight Rising, anyhow.

5 minutes ago, AveryCF said:

It's like a TV cliffhanger... "TUNE IN NEXT TIME TO FIND OUT IF YOU WON YOUR EGG OR HAD BUTTER FINGERS..."

I was actually just about to edit my post AGAIN realizing the site just briefly went down... But man, i'd die if I got stuck in your situation. ;~:

Nothing so extreme.  I forgot about the daily maintenance, so having the 3am drop start long enough for me to click but have the site down maintenance load first was "ARGGGGH" lol.  aaaaand I didn't get it either.  lol

32 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

I know I constantly sound like a cynic, but I can't praise the rerelease of CBs for the fact that it should have happened long before this year. It's never a good idea to punish new users by having things they cannot get. The least I can say is that DC has learned this lesson sooner than Flight Rising, anyhow.

Flight Rising has an economy, though. Dragcave is a "collect/breed LITERAL pixel dragon game".

I don't like that I can't get certain things in FR anymore ( salty that I gave away my KS gear because I was DUMB and now there's no chance of getting replacements. )

But it makes sense for a game like FR to have scarcity and rarity over Dragcave. They're two completely different games.

They just both revolve around the same subject.

Edited by TheDarkLatias

wow, the lag in the AP is so extreme (with only around 35 users online there), makes searching for nice lineages quite uhm adventorous...  ^^

Okay, thought about not saying anything, but... while I do think it's nice that everybody gets a chance to get the old holiday releases, I must admit that I have never been this frustrated and annoyed during holiday breeding/and now catching season. Yes, managed to snatch my second CB Yulebuck, having gifted my original second one to someone back in 2008, so yes, that's good. But, Hollies are uncatchable to me. I have been trying since this thing began, and while I have seen more than a few, I haven't been able to catch any. Just clicking at everything doesn't work, incognito doesn't work, and so on. And seeing 70+ people constantly hunting doesn't make it any easier.

But yeah, my two cents on the matter. Like said, I don't have anything against these re-releases, I'm just frustrated.