TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

If you are talking about TJ posting in that Help topic recently but not posting here about the site issues, is it possible he was already aware of the issues *and* actively working on it? We don't know what he did or didn't know or was and wasn't doing. Sure, a quick post saying he's aware of the problem would have been nice, but it's not required, and if he's already in the middle of fixing it he may not see a point in taking time to post that when we will see for ourselves soon.

6 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

You say yes or no, then lock the topic. Anyone who can't respect the answer they're given has to deal with it. But no communication is worse than a No.

@Marie19R There are times he's on and responding to trivial things instead of other issues that should have his attention. If he has time for that, then why not anything else?

And to be fair, some people do pay for ad removal. There also was merchandise at some point, though I'm not sure if that's still a thing.

(And a lot of the times the mods don't actually know enough or have enough authority to do anything).

Emphasis mine. He's also not given information that would have been good to know in advance, as well.

The lack of communication when many questions are things mods cannot answer is a major issue.

Edited by Guillotine

2 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

We don't know what he did or didn't know or was and wasn't doing. 

This is the entire problem.

Maybe people would complain a lot less if we were  um.. informed.

Guillotine beat me to it, but pretty much that.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

OH MY GOSH!!! 

SOMEONE JUST MURDERED ALL MY EGGS! 

D': 

MY EGGGS!

I WAS GOING TO GIFT THOSE!

Quoting isn't working for me so... "Tales of Dragons exists for a reason."

I think you mean existed, past tense. It has been dead for at least two years now, which I'm surprised people still don't know, and it existed because the owner was interested in getting donations and sales "for the site" when in reality they took the money and used them for personal gain; to pay for their vacation.

1 minute ago, Shokomon said:

OH MY GOSH!!! 

D': 

MY EGGGS!

Hide everything! People's eggs are dying left and right. :(

1 minute ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

This is the entire problem.

Maybe people would complain a lot less if we were  um.. informed.

Guillotine beat me to it, but pretty much that.

even if we were informed, 20+ other people will still ask the same questions over and over and over. it doesint matter in the end as long as it gets fixed, which it tends to happen.

18 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

OH MY GOSH!!! 

D': 

MY EGGGS!

Welcome to the club. ): If you want help replacing any, PM me, I have all CBs (except Holly, both of mine are eggs and fogged) still available to breed except for Yulebuck and Snow.

Edited by Kiyoura
Clarification

Whn mods can't answer something, and it's of big enough importance, they usually go ask TJ. Communication is happening even if we the public don't see it. 

3 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

@AveryCF I know of many people who have left because of the way things are around here. I cannot agree that there doesn't need to be transparency. If he didn't know what he was getting himself into, well.. that's his problem.

Right well, that's their choice, isn't it? If they want to leave, they can leave. Nothing is going to change unless TJ wanted it to change. You have a right to believe in what you want. c: But so do OTHERS. TJ likely well knows it's his problem, and he's handling it HIS WAY. Wanting him to say yes or no won't exactly get a response, it just unnerves people in this chat who might rather be thankful for what they currently have than upset at what they don't... I'm not some moderator, but could I, as myself, a member of this community: Please ask you to tone it down? I'm not saying you can't speak your mind (Everyone has a right to that) but maybe this isn't the right thread for it ether... People like myself come here to chat about the holidays, be happy, and i'm seeing several people upset about TJ's life decisions which is really off putting and upsetting... I could just ignore this thread, but how long would it take then for someone to speak up and just ask nicely to stop? Maybe I just made the argument worse, or maybe it wasn't an argument at all. All i'm saying is no matter the points you make, nothing will change unless TJ makes the change. You can scream at the sky for some sunshine, but that won't make the rain stop. Ya' know? It'll stop whenever it does, or maybe not. Some parts of the world keep raining for many seasons before it completely stops... So really, isn't it pointless for us all to bicker about what TJ should, and doesn't do when we honestly have no power over that?

Just wanted to point out some missing factors I think people are over looking... But can we all move on to happier topics now? As I said before, now is the time of year to be thankful for what you have. Not be upset about what you don't. ;3;

1 minute ago, AveryCF said:

I'm not some moderator, but could I, as myself, a member of this community: Please ask you to tone it down? I'm not saying you can't speak your mind (Everyone has a right to that) but maybe this isn't the right thread for it ether... People like myself come here to chat about the holidays, be happy, and i'm seeing several people upset about TJ's life decisions which is really off putting and upsetting...

yeah, this is getting a little too far and too deep. lets just all go back to how people are doing.

anybody reach their CB catching goals? :)

Sorry bout that @Shokomon ! Many people know the feeling. I caught my eggs sick early, fogged them and was lucky, but I've had the problem enough to be fogging my eggs whenever I can't be on to keep an eye on them. Just can't trust that they'll be left alone otherwise. There are some really generous people on here who might help you get some more harder to get holiday eggs.

Edit:

@reddof-f6 As soon as this first batch hatch in 9 hours I'll get another batch. When that batch hatches in another 2 and a half days it will be the 23rd and if I time it right and am lucky enough to catch the hard to get hollies I'll have finished scroll goals and get 2 of each.

Edited by TerraAnne

6 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

even if we were informed, 20+ other people will still ask the same questions over and over and over. it doesint matter in the end as long as it gets fixed, which it tends to happen.

That's where mods come in. Once we actually have answers, then the mods can tell people these answers. Or point people to a Q and A.

And what's going on now.. with glitches involving limits, and things dying and everything else- well, the time lost does actually matter.

7 minutes ago, StarSea said:

Quoting isn't working for me so... "Tales of Dragons exists for a reason."

I think you mean existed, past tense. It has been dead for at least two years now, which I'm surprised people still don't know, and it existed because the owner was interested in getting donations and sales "for the site" when in reality they took the money and used them for personal gain; to pay for their vacation.

I know it was corrupt. I didn't jump ship for a reason. But the fact of the matter is, if it was run better, people would have. And people did for a while. It was sad to see some of the sprites that were sitting on the completed list go there instead.

@AveryCF This isn't about the man as a person. Could care less what his life is like or what he does elsewhere; what he thinks, believes, etc- this is about how to run a site and communicate with your userbase, which, I'm sorry, but he doesn't do well at all.

Edit; I think a lot of people are anything but happy. the thread's cheer has already been ruined by view bombing.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

^ I think the eggs in question are ones Shokomon personally bred...

Edited by Nyxity

6 minutes ago, Kiyoura said:

Welcome to the club. ): If you want help replacing any, PM me, I have all CBs still available to breed except for Yulebuck and Snow.

Aww thanks! I still have another batch of Holidays to breed, so I should be okay, though, now, I won't be able to do as many giveaways as I usually do this year.

All my eggs were bred though... I guess viewbombers just care you've got holiday eggs.

@TerraAnne: Thank you! I appreciate the well wishes. I'm glad you got your eggs in time!

Edited by Shokomon

I'm missing a bunch of second CB's lol, but I'm probably going to try and catch hollies for people who don't have them yet. Probably raffle them off on departures thread or discord. :)

Just now, Shokomon said:

Aww thanks! I still have another batch of Holidays to breed, so I should be okay, though, now, I won't be able to do as many giveaways as I usually do this year.

All my eggs were bred though... I guess viewbombers just care you've got holiday eggs.

Yeah. ToT I came back to my scroll last night and my 2 CB Hollies + many 2nd gen. Snow pretties were killed... Although I've replaced the Hollies... the 2nd gen. Snow's.... Ahaha....

2 minutes ago, TerraAnne said:

@reddof-f6 As soon as this first batch hatch in 9 hours I'll get another batch. When that batch hatches in another 2 and a half days it will be the 23rd and if I time it right and am lucky enough to catch the hard to get hollies I'll have finished scroll goals and get 2 of each.

once my 6 hatch ill breed my old hollies and give them away to those who don't have any. hopefully it'll make someones Christmas getting one. :)

17 minutes ago, AveryCF said:

True, but i'm sorry. One, we don't know what TJ does with his life and we don't HAVE to know. That's his business, just like if he does, or does not respond. I'm really sorry, but you're making it sound like he's forced to speak and that's not cool... That's actually rather rude. Please just respect what you DO get, because it could be a lot worse. For someone who does multiple site programs just for fun and actually has a job, even getting the little something every month is enough for a lot of thankful people... (Myself included.) DC is more like a long term project, you'll get to see what does and does not come around if you stick around to find out. c:

Guys please, it's almost Christmas. We should be thankful for what we have right now, not arguing and becoming upset about what we DON'T have.

I so agree . I for one am Thankful for Dragon Cave and TJ for putting up with us lol 

Yeah red I've seen lots of people offering hollies to those less fortunate in a few trade threads. I would have taken one if I didn't need all of my egg slots for the chance of getting past holidays I'de missed.

Oh yeah.. honestly the loss of the bred eggs is worse than the loss of the CBs. That's a whole year of progress lost for lineages.

It might not be easy, but at least the CBs are replaceable.

3 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

yeah, this is getting a little too far and too deep. lets just all go back to how people are doing.

anybody reach their CB catching goals? :)

Agreed, ty for the quick change. -3-

Yes! Or at least- so far. I wanted to get a CB Holly (But good heavens, so does everyone else lol.) I joined in 2009, so I actually never got any Cave Born Hollies and thought that was impossible until this year TJ started doing this "Holiday biome" thing. (Though idk if it'll last or if it's just for Halloween and Xmas lol.) I do have three hollies but they're all bred. Would be nice to try and get some CB ones but I won't hold my breath. For now, I have gotten some more eggs that are even CB, and became egg locked. Hopefully when the time comes, they won't be killed like some people are reporting? Otherwise, i'm pretty happy and thankful for my haul right now. ;3; And IF i'm spared whatever dragon murderers are going around, they should be hatched and ready for the new dragons released on Christmas day. ;3;

3 minutes ago, Merlot said:

I so agree . I for one am Thankful for Dragon Cave and TJ for putting up with us lol 

Haha, yes! Thank you TJ for putting up with all of us! x'D I feel like we're a handful of children lol. "Oh god their fighting again. Just let them mull it out." lol! (Likely me as a parent if ever I become one. x'D Just sit back until I really need to step in. x'D)

1 minute ago, AveryCF said:

(Though idk if it'll last or if it's just for Halloween and Xmas lol.) I do have three hollies but they're all bred. Would be nice to try and get some CB ones but I won't hold my breath. For now, I have gotten some more eggs that are even CB, and became egg locked. Hopefully when the time comes, they won't be killed like some people are reporting? Otherwise, i'm pretty happy and thankful for my haul right now. ;3; And IF i'm spared whatever dragon murderers are going around, they should be hatched and ready for the new dragons released on Christmas day. ;3;

would make sense to continue the holiday biome. every description says they reappear in winter, yet the CB "wild eggs" suddenly go "extinct" after there first "wild" appearance in the cave. XD

I'm still waiting for when I'm unlocked... I am still on the quest of Yulebucks.