TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

I only need one more of those. :3 Some of the holiday dragons are some of my favorite looking dragon sprites in the game. I wish so bad I could have more than 2. ;-;  Whenever I really really like a new dragon sprite/breed I tend to collect the crud out of them. Hence my black, spinel, gold wyvern, and lunar flocks. Though I guess I don't collect as much as some people who have like armies of a single breed. Like 600 or more.

-pats Yulebucks- They are one of my two favorites.

Sigh, nothing will ever improve if most of us are content to make excuses for him and justify poor communication.

You can criticism someone without hating them as a person. You know that's okay to do that..?

Eh, quite frankly it's a miracle CBs ever come back at all, looking at this.

I find it very hard to pick favorites. I probably would be drawn to Yulebucks, Solstices and Snows, though... I like deer. There are lots of deer where I live and it makes me sad when hunting season is open.

1 minute ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Sigh, nothing will ever improve if most of us are content to make excuses for him and justify poor communication.

You can criticism someone without hating them as a person. You know that's okay to do that..?

Eh, quite frankly it's a miracle CBs ever come back at all, looking at this.

dude, go be a mr. scrooge in another thread. complain there all you want.

tenor.gif?itemid=4808469

24 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

OH MY GOSH!!! 

SOMEONE JUST MURDERED ALL MY EGGS! 

D': 

MY EGGGS!

I WAS GOING TO GIFT THOSE!

Sadly, that has been happening a lot. 

Someone probably out your eggs on EATW. It is killing them due to a site issue.

Just now, reddof-f6 said:

dude, go be a mr. scrooge in another thread. complain there all you want.

Haha.. cause there's even anywhere else to do that. Never mind all the people's holidays who were already ruined by the view bombers. I think this is a fair discussion to have.

Just now, Dragon_Arbock said:

Haha.. cause there's even anywhere else to do that. Never mind all the people's holidays who were already ruined by the view bombers. I think this is a fair discussion to have.

go make your own discussion somewhere else then? no need to add more bad greetings on top.

If this place is still running... maybe the CB drops will occur again in ten years?

Yulebucks and snow angels are my favorites of the winter holidays.

Though I love that I get a chance at all of them as cb's. <3 ty again good site owner.

It's nice to even see a chance of getting something that you missed when you joined in 2009. Heck I missed everything from 2009 to 2015 cause I tend to go to my grandparents for the holidays. They don't have internet, and so while I tend to start the holiday events on dc at home, I end up not finishing them. The last few years are different considering I was at college and now stay home.

1 minute ago, Nyxity said:

If this place is still running... maybe the CB drops will occur again in ten years?

imagine all the released dragons we'd collected over that time. :blink:

26 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

anybody reach their CB catching goals? :)

Yup. Caught2 CB Hollies. They were the only things I was missing.

*Nods* Life. 

What kind of wings do your Snow Angel's have?

----

reddof-f6

Well... it took nearly ten years for Holly CBs to appear... Ten years seemed an appropriate guesstimate.

Edited by Nyxity

1 minute ago, reddof-f6 said:

go make your own discussion somewhere else then? no need to add more bad greetings on top.

You do realize that pointing out the issues with the response to a major site problem is a perfectly valid discussion to have, yes? They are allowed to vent in this thread, it's not a thread just to spout mindless praise.

Looks like mine have all gold wings. I prefer the white ones with little bits of gold but these are awesome too.

Just now, Guillotine said:

You do realize that pointing out the issues with the response to a major site problem is a perfectly valid discussion to have, yes? They are allowed to vent in this thread, it's not a thread just to spout mindless praise.

no, its not for mindless praise, but also not for complaints. this thread is meant to talk about Christmas and releases, not about how the site is handled. :dry:

3 minutes ago, Nyxity said:

*Nods* Life. 

What kind of wings do your Snow Angel's have?

mine are full gold. would have loved the red/green combo though. :rolleyes:

I have the same kind. I was a bit envious of the tri-colored. In the end, I just think it would be nice to be able to get a certain egg bred so I can search for someone who has one with the white-gold wings to adopt...

*Reads more*

Ah, such a strange and new world we enter into every passing year... What is the line between mindless praise and sincere gratitude? I suppose the line depends on the human making it.

Edited by Nyxity

7 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

This is the holiday discussion thread. I'm going to criticize the decisions made in regards to it here.

+the return of CBs is nice, but it's way late- this should have been a thing years ago.

-the limits are too limiting; if they're kept, next year there will be little use for the biome

-there's a glitch with CBs and the AP. Whether or not mods were informed, it's the 20th, the glitch has existed for over a day now, with no comment.

-Viewbombers have undone a lot of people's work. I expect there will be no reimbursement for those who lost lineage eggs they can only breed once a year.

Whether or not TJ can fix the hatcheries (which he can't), he has the ability to raise awareness far more than an average user can.

And how can I ruin an already sullen atmosphere? I don't know about you, but there is 0% cheer here.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

1 minute ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

This is the holiday discussion thread. I'm going to criticize the decisions made in regards to it here.

+the return of CBs is nice, but it's way late- this should have been a thing years ago.

-the limits are too limiting; if they're kept, next year there will be little use for the biome

-there's a glitch with CBs and the AP. Whether or not mods were informed, it's the 20th, the glitch has existed for over a day now, with no comment.

-Viewbombers have undone a lot of people's work. I expect there will be no reimbursement for those who lost lineage eggs they can only breed once a year.

Whether or not TJ can fix the hatcheries (which he can't), he has the ability to raise awareness far more than an average user can.

And how can I ruin an already sullen atmosphere? I don't know about you, but there is 0% cheer here.

To be honest, you seem like the most sullen commenter here. I see most other commenters trying to talk about other holiday-related topics and stay in good spirits.

4 minutes ago, TerraAnne said:

Looks like mine have all gold wings. I prefer the white ones with little bits of gold but these are awesome too.

I wish we could trade! I would love the golden wing ones but I have the white wings..my least favorite. Typical. :P

@TerraAnne I spent over a year collecting almost nothing but Royal Blues and now have over 1,100 of them. Armies are so fun to make!

I'm almost at my scroll-goal for Hollies (all bred), in fact I think I may have hit it with the 3 I have about to hatch. I need a few more Snow Angels and Ribbon Dancers but should hit my goals with those this season as well. .... I kind of have a feeling my scroll-goals will increase over time, because once I get my goal I still want to grab more, lol.

There was a sullen spell... most people sitting in this thread mainly just kept quiet. Then people tried to change topics. Maybe things would be better with something light, yet sweet to eat?

Just now, Twimm said:

To be honest, you seem like the most sullen commenter here. I see most other commenters trying to talk about other holiday-related topics and stay in good spirits.

Eh, this is the holiday event thread, not general holiday stuff. But even in real life christmas just feels like 'business as usual' right now.

Just now, Fabula said:

I wish we could trade! I would love the golden wing ones but I have the white wings..my least favorite. Typical. :P

what if people with certain angels could gift them and the giftee would get the new pattern, BUT only through gifting, not AP or trade.

Are CB Snows not dropping anymore? The holiday biome looks really fast again. 

My Snow Angels are the red and green version - which is the one I like the best, but over the years, the white and the gold versions have really grown on me, too! If only they were alts and not scroll-related! Although, can you imagine the frenzy? :rolleyes: