Jump to content
TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Nyxity said:

I have the same kind. I was a bit envious of the tri-colored. In the end, I just think it would be nice to be able to get a certain egg bred so I can search for someone who has one with the white-gold wings to adopt...

I was quite envious of the tri-colored ones as well but when I found out I had the gold-winged variant I fell in love with the ones I had <3

 

13 minutes ago, Nyxity said:

I find it very hard to pick favorites. I probably would be drawn to Yulebucks, Solstices and Snows, though... I like deer.

I actually bred Solstice x Snow pair and I must say it's a beautiful couple If you love deer-like dragons, actually one of my favorite checkers. 

Share this post


Link to post

I've only got 3 of my 800+army started of magikarp dragons. I keep meaning to call in those favors from people and ask em to breed me some more but then I always fill my scroll up with other scroll goal dragon eggs.

 

One thing I do like about my gold winged snow angels is when people line breed them so there's like a certain color winged snow angel in each line of the lineage. Like all the base ones are the fully colored, then the second line is the gold wings, and the third the white. I really like them.

Share this post


Link to post

I have the gold-winged Snow Angels, when they first came out I wanted the tri-colored but I've really grown to love my golds.

 

My eggs have been in Allure and Silvis for almost an hour now and only have 60-80 views. *flails* At this rate they won't have more then 200 by the time they're ER-timed.

Share this post


Link to post

Warning:
WOO! That's a lot of quotes! I comment stalked a page for anything I might have something to say too. Sorry 'bout that, lol!
 

27 minutes ago, TerraAnne said:

I only need one more of those. :3 Some of the holiday dragons are some of my favorite looking dragon sprites in the game. I wish so bad I could have more than 2. ;-;  Whenever I really really like a new dragon sprite/breed I tend to collect the crud out of them. Hence my black, spinel, gold wyvern, and lunar flocks. Though I guess I don't collect as much as some people who have like armies of a single breed. Like 600 or more.

 

-pats Yulebucks- They are one of my two favorites.

Well really, two only goes for CB eggs. Before it seemed this was removed, but we also never had a holiday only biome ether. ;3; So all eggs the following year would of been bred. So- TECHNICALLY... You can have more than two, but only two can be CB. ;3; And you gotta remember to breed them the next year, or stalk the caves for others babies they forcibly abandoned with that "You can only keep one you breed" rule in place. ;3; (But yes, I get it. An army has once passed through my mind until I made the personal rule to only own five of each breed unless they're BSA specific. I have an army of like... I like 42? Red dragons for incubation. x'D)

 

27 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Sigh, nothing will ever improve if most of us are content to make excuses for him and justify poor communication.

You can criticism someone without hating them as a person. You know that's okay to do that..?

 

Eh, quite frankly it's a miracle CBs ever come back at all, looking at this.

Yes, I do understand that... But when it begins to discomfort people, is when it starts being a little touchy. Best to just sort of lay low with this sort of thing, if that makes sense? (Or at least, that's how I see it. ;3;) And yes, you may see it as miscommunication... But I (Kindly. ;3; ) don't think it truly is. I mean, half of it might be, yes, but the other half is just personal choice. I try to speak my mind but in real life... I'm really shy to. So I can kind of relate if someone doesn't speak up, because they might not want to. That's all i'm trying to say. (But thank you, TO EVERYONE, for just kind of moving on. I love talking about everyone's eggs and news, but it's also nice to know we can get serious as a community too. ;3; ) Really moving.~

 

24 minutes ago, Nyxity said:

I find it very hard to pick favorites. I probably would be drawn to Yulebucks, Solstices and Snows, though... I like deer. There are lots of deer where I live and it makes me sad when hunting season is open.

Oh the poor things! ;D; Now... I don't see a problem with hunting (If people have the licence for it) but I also wouldn't ever do it myself. I'm the kind of person who loves meat if I never saw it living first, so I can also relate to how you might be sad about it. I live in the city so I don't have to deal with that sort of thing, but I have gone hiking and REAL camping (None of that log house stuff that doesn't count lol) and have really seen deer. So I know how pretty and majestic they can be from does, bucks, and fawns. ;3; Yay for dragon deer. -3-

P.S. Sorry for any typos here, it's so large and i'm much too hungry to want to bother rereading right now. ;3;

EDIT:
Also thank you to everyone who warned me and others about the extra and very random death in eggs and hatchlings! As well as the EATW glitch relating around the death too! I was able to tell my friend (We both use EATW in our three to four sites we use for dragon raising) whom doesn't even look at the forums. So hopefully we'll both be safe from the death! ;3;

Edited by AveryCF

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

 

Eh, this is the holiday event thread, not general holiday stuff. But even in real life christmas just feels like 'business as usual' right now.

 

I'm sorry you feel that way. But at this point the talk of what is bringing you down about this site has gone around in circles and the discussion is becoming repetitive. You've made your opinions clear, so let's try not to depress everyone else who came here because they are enjoying the event!

 

6 minutes ago, Mangrit said:

Are CB Snows not dropping anymore? The holiday biome looks really fast again. 

 

I saw some Snows about half an hour ago, but they cleared out super fast and the biome was empty in 1 minute.

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Nyxity said:

*Nods* Life. 

 

What kind of wings do your Snow Angel's have?

1

 

I have the white-winged Snows and I am in love with them! I think they are super elegant looking.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, TerraAnne said:

 

 

One thing I do like about my gold winged snow angels is when people line breed them so there's like a certain color winged snow angel in each line of the lineage. Like all the base ones are the fully colored, then the second line is the gold wings, and the third the white. I really like them.

Oh, those lineages are so pretty! I don't have one myself, but I've seen them in the AP.

Share this post


Link to post

two white dragons I caught in the ap with those lineages. One even has all SA's in the base of the snow angels and then the other three colored wings.

Share this post


Link to post

I sorta wish I could see the lines of my fogged things.. or not see the fog in general. not a nice view of the scroll right now.

Share this post


Link to post

Fog seems to be the word of this DC Christmas. My head is finally connecting to my body, but it is now in fog-mode.

 

 

I still think a fog dragon that came in different colored fogs would be cute.

Edited by Nyxity

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, TerraAnne said:

I only need one more of those. :3 Some of the holiday dragons are some of my favorite looking dragon sprites in the game. I wish so bad I could have more than 2. ;-; 

 

-pats Yulebucks- They are one of my two favorites.

 

Same here. I would have been horribly conflicted if TJ lifted limits this year — hard to justify hoarding all the aegis eggs when I had unmet scroll goals. xP I love yulebucks too. :3

 

Nice to see that people are finding the biome moving faster! TBH, I didn’t think it was that bad when I hunted last night. Like sure, some of the eggs definitely stayed through multiple browser refreshes, but they still cleared relatively quickly. Maybe it was just the time I was on. *shrugs*

 

Oooh, snow angel wing discussion! I was also in the boat with those envious of the tri-colour variant. I got gold, the variant I least wanted. But my girls are sisters from the same clutch so they’re extra special (to me at least) and that had mitigated some of my disappointment. :P

Edited by Varekis

Share this post


Link to post

I have gold-winged Snow Angels.... funnily enough, that's the exact breed/variant if the very first DC dragon I ever saw. I like all three variants, though.

Share this post


Link to post

That, or whatever TJ did to tweak the ratios is helping... I haven't looked into the cave closely because its still another 3 hours before I can Holly hunt. It would be torture to see them just breeze by lol.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

I sorta wish I could see the lines of my fogged things.. or not see the fog in general. not a nice view of the scroll right now.

I agree, not a nice view at all. I've never had to fog all my eggs before like this. At least they're not sick/dead, though! :)

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Varekis said:

 

Same here. I would have been horribly conflicted if TJ lifted limits this year — hard to justify hoarding all the aegis eggs when I had unmet scroll goals. xP I love yulebucks too. :3

 

Nice to see that people are finding the biome moving faster! TBH, I didn’t think it was that bad when I hunted last night. Like sure, some of the eggs definitely stayed through multiple browser refreshes, but they still cleared relatively quickly. Maybe it was just the time I was on. *shrugs*

Well, define "Faster"? Because I spent an hour being there in the holiday biome every five minutes just to ever ATTEMPT to grab eggs. It took over the entire hour before I got egg locked at 7 eggs. (Golden trophy max, I had over 1,000 I think last year? Before the platinum trophy came out. But I had started killing some extra dragons in zombie attempts and dropped below 1,000 right when it started really mattering. x'D) So I guess faster is good when it comes into the biome, but when eggs are cleaned out sometimes in less than a minute then... It might be a bit of a pain for anyone with even slower computers lol. I guess it depends on the person if it's nice or not. ;3;

Share this post


Link to post

^ It is a dog-eat-dog world out there. *Nods*

 

I spam click like mad and wind up with so many open tabs the window doesn't keep up and minimizes. That is the only way I ever grab anything during Holiday drops.

Edited by Nyxity

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Nyxity said:

Fog seems to be the word of this DC Christmas. My head is finally connecting to my body, but it is now in fog-mode.

 

 

I still think a fog dragon that came in different colored fogs would be cute.

 

hehe omg that would be awesome. A fog dragon! And maybe the fog could get bigger with each "stage".

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Idk, I like the idea of a fog dragon but I think that's what the Mist Walkers are on Halloween. x'D Still cool though. Or a joke dragon like the lag dragon and all that. "I survived the fog dragon massacre on Christmas, 2017!" Finally a scary event i'd be around for... x'D|

EDIT:
"Shadow Walker" my bad, not the fog dragon. Had to check my own scroll for a name, lol.

Edited by AveryCF

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, AveryCF said:

Well, define "Faster"? Because I spent an hour being there in the holiday biome every five minutes just to ever ATTEMPT to grab eggs. It took over the entire hour before I got egg locked at 7 eggs. (Golden trophy max, I had over 1,000 I think last year? Before the platinum trophy came out. But I had started killing some extra dragons in zombie attempts and dropped below 1,000 right when it started really mattering. x'D) So I guess faster is good when it comes into the biome, but when eggs are cleaned out sometimes in less than a minute then... It might be a bit of a pain for anyone with even slower computers lol. I guess it depends on the person if it's nice or not. ;3;

 

Oh, that’s true. Sorry, had a pretty late night so I’m not very sharp this morning. XD I just recalled reading a lot of comment about snow walls and unmoving eggs last night so when I saw that things were moving now, I was like “Well, that must be an improvement” :P

 

Good luck with your catching! If it helps, I was able to catch my eggs by using Chrome (incognito) and disabling all images (settings > advanced > content > hide images).

 

Edit: fff, still tired. I thought I read that you hadn’t caught your eggs yet, LOL. But I’ll leave that part in just in case it could help someone else. x)

Edited by Varekis

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, AveryCF said:

Idk, I like the idea of a fog dragon but I think that's what the Mist Walkers are on Halloween. x'D Still cool though. Or a joke dragon like the lag dragon and all that. "I survived the fog dragon massacre on Christmas, 2017!" Finally a scary event i'd be around for... x'D|

EDIT:
"Shadow Walker" my bad, not the fog dragon. Had to check my own scroll for a name, lol.

 

Speaking of which, has anyone made badges for the viewbombing/sickness/dying/etc this season? I love the badges for the lagmonster and such in past years.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Varekis said:

 

Oh, that’s true. Sorry, had a pretty late night so I’m not very sharp this morning. XD I just recalled reading a lot of comment about snow walls and unmoving eggs last night so when I saw that things were moving now, I was like “Well, that must be an improvement” :P

 

Good luck with your catching! If it helps, I was able to catch my eggs by using Chrome (incognito) and disabling all images (settings > advanced > content > hide images).

Ohhhh, perhaps... I guess I can see the improvement if you were stuck staring at the same eggs for a little TOO long lol. And yeah, that might help the delay, i'll have to try that when i'm no longer egg locked. ;3; Hah, well I guess it went from turtle slow to peregrine falcon fast. (They're even faster than the cheetah, they're just not a land animal which is why Cheetah's have the "Fastest land animal" title still. x'D) Bad one way, even crazier the other. x'D Who knows, with a quick finger and sharp eye it's possible to still get stuff. It's just... A bit of a pain and some patience. x'D

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

 

Speaking of which, has anyone made badges for the viewbombing/sickness/dying/etc this season? I love the badges for the lagmonster and such in past years.

I would love to see these! Kind of a nice way to lighten up the situation too. Holiday badges made by the community are such a nice addition.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

I would love to see these! Kind of a nice way to lighten up the situation too. Holiday badges made by the community are such a nice addition.

I love how I started a badge idea. >3< I may be an artist but making badges arn't my thing... If anyone sees this, would they consider doing a "I survived" something for this year? It is pretty bad and effecting a lot of people, so i'm sure a badge might cheer people up too... Like a Christmas gift to all members who want to use it. ;3;

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.