TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

2 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

So is Halloween the only Holiday we've had this year without some horrible controversy? Jeez..

Seems that some of the coding wasn't really ready for this. AP + limits = broken.

And then all the sickness, broken hatchery.. when it rains, it pours

halloween had its issues too. like new eggs stopping a hour or more early. view bombings happening then too.

18 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

are you sure you didint accidently grab some? sometimes it says you didint catch when you did.

I checked and I did not, alas.

16 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

People were commenting about a glitch about being unable to pick up eggs from the AP due to limits--even if they had 0 CBs, so try the biomes first. TJ has also mentioned that he is going to be working on ratios. 

I have had no luck in the holiday biome. :(

@reddof-f6 It wasn't /this/ bad. The view bombing, I mean. We didn't have a broken hatchery on the loose.. and even after that hatchery's supposedly been taken offline, it's still happening to some extent.

7 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

TJ mentioned that any CBs will be switched back to rosy wings retroactively if they do change.

aw that's kinda sad.

Just now, Dragon_Arbock said:

@reddof-f6 and even after that hatchery's supposedly been taken offline, it's still happening to some extent.

there are still many other hatchery's bombers can use. removing 1 is like putting a bandaid on a 3 foot gash and calling it okay.

Just now, anetofstars said:

I have had no luck in the holiday biome. :(

Don't give up hope! It will probably get easier in the coming days since people are becoming locked and TJ said he is going to look into ratios.  I managed to catch my snow angel from the biome on my phone. 

From what I've experienced any and every holiday event ever has had some sort of issue, and probably every one in the future will as well. The viewbombing is a very unique situation that was completely outside of TJ's control, but *all* holiday events have had something happen. That's kind of just the nature of things when you implement something new to a website, that thousands of users are using, that hasn't had the time or exposure to test it all and fix any problems. The holiday games always have bugs of some sort, and Halloween had multiple hours where no eggs at all dropped on the hour mark and so the biome was completely empty for the whole hour. No holiday has ever been perfect on DC.

As far as I can remember (not that I've /always/ paid attention), but the only other times there was controversy was the Snow Angels wing colors, Sweetlings getting auto abandoned, and when the Solsitces got the wing update (and I already mentioned Valentines this year)- and two of those weren't even glitches.

Right now we have a glitch with the AP, discourse about breed limits and Snows, a view bomber (or bombers) on the loose (who had a fun weapon in the broken EATW). It's all at once, and the second major issue in a year.

(Oh, I guess raffles were a 'holiday' controversy as well, but that's not a problem with the release so much as something else).

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

Just now, Dragon_Arbock said:

As far as I can remember (not that I've /always/ paid attention), but the only other times there was controversy was the Snow Angels wing colors, Sweetlings getting auto abandoned, and when the Solsitces got the wing update (and I already mentioned Valentines this year)- and two of those weren't even glitches.

Right now we have a glitch with the AP, discourse about breed limits and Snows, a view bomber (or bombers) on the loose (who had a fun weapon in the broken EATW). It's all at once, and the second major issue in a year.

you mean like the controversy when people were frustrated over not understanding the omen worms anatomy on Halloween release?

honestly it feels the same as every other Christmas. Halloweens the only relaxed one because it doesint have such huge changes like the release of a whole sprited mini game for a whole week. which can have whole levels and areas break to the point it requires a restart button on the side.

1 minute ago, reddof-f6 said:

you mean like the controversy when people were frustrated over not understanding the omen worms anatomy on Halloween release?

I don't think criticism of the sprite itself really counts as controversy. That's not something going wrong, or some people getting things that other people want and can't have (SA colors).

That's also not comparable to getting a holiday sprite pulled an needing to be replaced at the last minute.

There's always drama around holiday events/releases - if its not a glitch, its an issue with new release sprites, or people unhappy with this or that aspect of the event, and egg sickness is always present to some extent. The craziness is just part of the holiday chaos! It all gets worked out in the end, though :rolleyes: I'm glad TJ said he'd look at the drop ratios for the remainder of this event. And who knows what next year will bring?

I think its just really cool that they are giving players a chance to catch up on old dragons they missed. And I'm excited about what the event starting on the 25th will be!

So the AP glitch is something that's an issue with the site, just like many many bugs in past holiday games, and the Sweetlings auto-abandoning, and etc etc. The grumbling about breed limits and Snows blocking the biome is user-driven, and every single event *ever* in the history of DC has had *someone* unhappy with it. That's just how things go. The viewbomber is frustrating, but completely out of anyone's control, and it is certainly not the first time viewbombers have been a problem during holidays, it's just more widespread this time. None of these things are unique to this holiday.

45 minutes ago, Starscream said:

I have heard of them being seen during the last couple of weeks.

I saw one about a week ago.

@Marie19R There's a difference between unhappiness and well.. what's going on now.

The Snows are only user driven in the fact that only so many users can actually take them.

As far as bugs with the holiday games themselves, they're not the core gameplay of the site, and so long as I get my badge, I couldn't care about most of them.

1 minute ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

I don't think criticism of the sprite itself really counts as controversy. That's not something going wrong, or some people getting things that other people want and can't have (SA colors).

That's also not comparable to getting a holiday sprite pulled an needing to be replaced at the last minute.

how about the virus vs healers mind sweeper game?

Just now, reddof-f6 said:

how about the virus vs healers mind sweeper game?

That was a controversy? That was people not knowing how to play minesweeper. That's not something inherently broken or causing major setbacks.

So... my first eggs will be ready to go in a hatchery this evening. Does anyone have any suggestions for hatcheries? EATW is the only one I've ever used... and am still planning on using it when it chills out.

Where can they go to be hatched quickly enough where i don't have to leave them in for long and can fog them asap? I'm so worried.

That was a controversy? That was people not knowing how to play minesweeper. That's not something inherently broken or causing major setbacks.

it was broken for some. game wouldn't show, or wins wouldn't count.

Just now, Alrexwolf said:

So... my first eggs will be ready to go in a hatchery this evening. Does anyone have any suggestions for hatcheries? EATW is the only one I've ever used... and am still planning on using it when it chills out.

Where can they go to be hatched quickly enough where i don't have to leave them in for long and can fog them asap? I'm so worried.

heres a list to pick from. i useually use neglected dragons, silvias lair, and the hatching club.

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Click_Sites

Edited by reddof-f6

1 minute ago, Marie19R said:

So the AP glitch is something that's an issue with the site, just like many many bugs in past holiday games, and the Sweetlings auto-abandoning, and etc etc. The grumbling about breed limits and Snows blocking the biome is user-driven, and every single event *ever* in the history of DC has had *someone* unhappy with it. That's just how things go. The viewbomber is frustrating, but completely out of anyone's control, and it is certainly not the first time viewbombers have been a problem during holidays, it's just more widespread this time. None of these things are unique to this holiday.

That's a clearer way of phrasing what I was trying to say. I wish people would calm down a little and give it some time - Maybe TJ's tweaking will help out those of us still hunting for eggs, and in the meantime HOW AWESOME IS IT that we get CBs again? We should appreciate it instead of focusing so much on negativity.

Friends, there's plenty of time to talk about how the event could be run next year - don't let those what-ifs sour this current event for you!

Just now, reddof-f6 said:

it was broken for some. game wouldn't show, or wins wouldn't count.

Well again;

2 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

As far as bugs with the holiday games themselves, they're not the core gameplay of the site, and so long as I get my badge, I couldn't care about most of them.

Even if I didn't get my badge, the holiday spinoff games are a distraction at best, and not important at the worst.

2 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

Allure of Neglected Dragons works best for me, aside from EATW. There's also Silvi's Lair, and Valley Sherwood, and probably others I don't know about.

2 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

I typically use Allure of Neglected Dragons, with Silvi's Lair to hustle things along if it's slow.

Well again;

Even if I didn't get my badge, the holiday spinoff games are a distraction at best, and not important at the worst.

That may be fine for you, but please remember that other people play the game too, and not everyone needs to play the same. I think the holiday spinoffs are the best parts of the holiday events because they add an extra minigame that adds fun and creative depth to the holiday event.