TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

I have tri-colored Snow Angels, though, I wish I could have all the variants. Alas, that is not meant to be.

Just caught my first Yulebuck! So excited! Need one more of those and two Hollys and then I'll be complete for Winter Holiday dragons. <3

I just want to say, as many others have said, THANK YOU, TJ, for giving us this opportunity to catch these beauties.

Also, I want to say thank you to all of the wonderful catcher-gifters out there who have been helping those without swift means of catching. If I had more time and faster internet, I'd help out, but I hope to pay it forward in other ways, such as 2nd gen Hollys!!! <3

EDIT: Got my second Yulebuck! Now for the ever-elusive Hollys. <3

Edited by MoonShark

Whoo caught my two Hollies! Man that was a rush and a half, hand is still shaking. XD

Thank you TJ for giving us the Holiday Biome again! This was a dream come true. <3

This is my first post on this thread.

First Thanks to TJ for letting us get some of the older dragons to complete our scrolls.

I've noticed a few things.

I lost my CB  blue copper hatchling first.  That hurt as I haven't caught too many my self.  I have never lost a hatchlings but it was in EATW and it got sick and died quickly.  Reading all the posts seems to indicate this happened to many people.  Being extra cautious with my holiday eggs now.

I hoped to pick up some of my eggs in the AP but I am glitched.  I can pick them up in Holiday Biome but not in AP.  Strange but I see I'm not the only one.  

I still have 10 hours until I can hunt again or more since I'm keeping my eggs fogged if I can't check them every 15 min.  I've never had this issue before.  

Glad to see so much information here.

31 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

Speaking of which, has anyone made badges for the viewbombing/sickness/dying/etc this season? I love the badges for the lagmonster and such in past years.

I would definitely love this! I was fortunate to have some of my dragon survive when the dreaded Lagmonster struck, and a badge for this would appropriate, too, I think.

I have a Vine dragon named after the Lagmonster attack. I don't recall if I had anything die during it, but she survived and is now one of my favorite dragons.

It seems like the hatcheries are so overcrowded right now that nothing is getting very many views at once. Two hours now, one hour since adding them to a third site, and less then 200 views on all.

Just two hours left until my first batch will be able to hatch! So excited to grab some pretty lineaged beauties :)

2 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

Just two hours left until my first batch will be able to hatch! So excited to grab some pretty lineaged beauties :)

I have 5 hours left. Then Holly hunting. But once another slot opens I'm hoping to find a pretty 2G Snow dragon. So far the only thing I really like with them is a Harvest dragon. Good luck in your hunting! :)

21 hours ago, Ext3h said:
  21 hours ago, anetofstars said:

Don't use Eggs Around the World--it's glitchy, and you may lose eggs.

Not glitchy, "just" under attack. Some 500-1000 additional fake users on the auto viewer turning into an mass view bomb.

EATW is diisabled for now, but it's quite possible that now other hatcheries will take the hit instead.

Just keep everything you have fogged, and only unfogg at the 4 day mark. No other chance for now.

Quoting because this needs to be viewed on the most recent page.

Man. 

My eggs...

hmm, how strange. unhid my eggs to incubate down to 4days-5h. right after i was gaining about 5 views per sec. my scrolls never been looked at this much EVER.

Just now, Dragon_Arbock said:

I think Silvi's doesn't unadd fogged things.. don't know where else.

they do, if the user updates their scroll or others check mark them.

2 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

they do, if the user updates their scroll or others check mark them.

Well, didn't unadd mine. I've still got three in there, one of which has been fogged and in there for two days.

Two Fog Attack badge recommendations:

One -  I survived the Fog Attack

Other - I survived the Fog Attack (but my eggs didn't)

Hugs to everyone who lost babies to the Scrooges and the Grinches today! Fog your egglings and don't let them out until they're ready to hatch!

(Also, you do have the ability to ignore users if they're bringing you down or harassing you. Account ==> Ignored Users. Can help avoid drama in a big way.)

I peeked in at the 3G stairsteps I bred to the AP earlier... the first wave of them had a ton of broken eggs. Sad, but to be expected with what happened. Luckily the second wave of eggs seem to be fine and hopefully the last batch of eggs I released (including 2Gs) will be, too since more people know to be careful. 

As for my snow angels, I got my faves, the tri-colors. I got super-lucky. X)

I have gold wings. I wanted white or tricolor, but now I'm just happy to have a 2nd cb snow angel.

Bleh...not sure if my eggs will hatch before they become ER. I'd like to actually catch a holly myself. :3

I'm not even going to look at the eggs I bred. Well, maybe I will after the holiday is over...

Wow, so far a lot of the board is gold. :D

Edited by Nyxity

4 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

I have gold wings. I wanted white or tricolor, but now I'm just happy to have a 2nd cb snow angel.

Bleh...not sure if my eggs will hatch before they become ER. I'd like to actually catch a holly myself. :3

mine are goldwings too, i'd have preferred white i think, but ah well

Hurrah!  Only about 3 hours to go until I can hatch my eggs and go collect some new ones!  I'm super excited -- only need 3 more CB Holidays, so I can start prowling the AP for gorgeous lineages.  And, if anyone wants me to breed one of mine for them, I'll have space to do so.  So many days of beautiful dragons to go!  And then a new Christmas dragon!  AND then a Christmas event!  For 12 whole days!  Yayayayayayay!  Thanks again, TJ, mods, spriters, etc, etc, etc. 

Best of luck to everyone hunting, out there! 

Also, my condolences to everyone who was viewbombed.  :-(   I wish there were a way for people whose bred eggs died to try for a rebreed -- one extra day tacked onto the end of the breeding season, or something, so they could breed a second time -- but I don't think there's a way to do that without every dragon being able to Holiday breed twice, and I'm not sure whether that would create a solution or just a whole new host of problems!

P.S. Re: the Snow Angel comments, I love all the colorations, but my favorite is Tri-Color -- and as luck would have it, that's what I ended up with.  <3   <3  <3

I'm kind of glad I haven't bred any of my holidays yet, maybe by the time I do and other people get them the viewbombing will have calmed down enough that none of them will die. I never check abandoned offspring anyways, but yeah.

My first batch of eggs just hit 4 days, so into the ERs they go! *bounces in anticipation*

I could have already incubated my eggs by now, but I'm going to wait until I can watch them. And then I'm probably not getting any other eggs until the new CBs come out. Don't feel like messing with it.

I have the gold wings. I like them a lot although all of the variations are nice.

Did anyone else see the mass amount of Hollies in the most recent drop? I think the ratios possibly took a shift, though I could be wrong ^^

Hey, kind of a goofy question guys but I was wondering... If you fog/just don't post your eggs until the four day mark to avoid them dying of sickness... What are we going to do with the hatchlings? Just refog them until some later date? I know over all my years of playing that eggs must at least be at four days or under to hatch, but I actually never paid attention to what hatchlings need to be at to grow up. Is it also at the four day mark?

I'm asking for safety reasons, I don't want to get caught up in this "Mass fog for your babies lives" mishap going on during the holidays right now.