TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

That's good news that EATW is now disabled to stop further eggs/hatchies dying but what about those of us who have already had them die when fogged.

Is there anything that can be done for us???

Next problem:

Snows becoming cave-blockers. sigh.

32 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

But... wouldn't that just make the issue worse, or at least not help it? If the issue is too many newer dragons clogging the holiday biome, if "many other users will not" grab the 2017 eggs, then those eggs will still sit in the biome. Newer users who don't have any will grab some, possibly 4 but possibly fewer then that, and many older users won't grab any because they already have enough, which means that those eggs will still clog the biome.

IF the issue here is the biome moving freely, I don't see how raising the limit a little will help in any significant way, especially if we assume that not everyone would pick up the extras that they're allowed to get.

Because if they're ALLOWED to pick them up, they can pick them up and drop them again, thus keeping the biome moving. Same way that people pick up cave blockers in other biomes and drop them. The reason there's an extra problem right now is that the majority of users physically CAN'T pick up a Snow.

I'm not sure about Snows because I haven't been looking for them specifically, but there seem to be plenty of CBs in the AP so far, at least as many as can be expected when people are limited in how long the breeds are available. It's true that if people have more slots available then they need, that may encourage picking-and-dropping more, but I still see plenty of that going on now.

How about that if we are at the limit for certain eggs, we can still pick them but they will auto to the AP? Yeah, sure, the AP will clog but better that so people can get the past eggs from the Holiday biome? I'd rather the AP was  backed up than the Holiday biome myself.The AP will eventually empty itself out, either by eggs being chosen, or they go wild, but it does move itself. The biome does not.

This way, we can keep the biome moving

Edited by Riverwillows

with teh amount of frost eggs and fogging going on I have been calling this the great holiday Frost-fog.

10 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

Probably not. Sucks, though.

Yes it more than sucks.  Not all of us here in DC are techno whizz kids who would have even thought something like this would happen. We have just done what we have always done with placing eggs in hatcheries and hiding etc etc etc and lost them through no fault of ours.

Don't understand why the techno whizz kids can't just send them back to us?????

Just now, owned by toys said:

Yes it more than sucks.  Not all of us here in DC are techno whizz kids who would have even thought something like this would happen. We have just done what we have always done with placing eggs in hatcheries and hiding etc etc etc and lost them through no fault of ours.

Don't understand why the techno whizz kids can't just send them back to us?????

Because it would break scroll limits, I suspect; I know that when I saw that my six were dead, I just went back to hunting. Reviving them now would put me very, very over the scroll limits.

1 minute ago, Guillotine said:

Because it would break scroll limits, I suspect; I know that when I saw that my six were dead, I just went back to hunting. Reviving them now would put me very, very over the scroll limits.

Not to mention with that, what would be the ones chosen to be returned?

Holidays *always* have tons of eggs getting sick because people put them in hatcheries too early without thinking about the fact that the hatcheries are a lot busier during those time which means the eggs get more views. The EATW viewbombing really sucks, but this is not the first or last time people have had holiday eggs die. MANY of us here on the forums post multiple times reminding people to fog their holiday eggs and not put them in hatcheries right away. Honestly, if you know that sickness is a thing, you probably shouldn't put *any* eggs in hatcheries right away.

The users who lost eggs because of the EATW mess are rightfully pissed, I'm sure, but reviving them all would set a precedent for people asking any dead eggs to be revived no matter the reason. You can still pick up more holidays eggs if yours have died.

1 minute ago, Merlot said:

I want to say a HUGE Thank you to the person who gifted a Holly to me. 

Same! Loving that Christmas spirit <3

Once I'm unegglocked in 8 hours I'm going to grab a Snow or two ;)

All my eggies seem to have survived their viewbombing.

Hopefully my internet comes back soon so I can continue my hunts on my laptop, still have much to be done and many pretties to be caught. ^^

I'm glad people have eggs that are surviving despite being viewbombed though, I'm sure that must be a great relief to some. :) 

Well, another save is the tandem tag. You and a buddy put your eggs in a "permanant trade", and they can't be touched, then when eggs are ready, just cancel the trade. Kinda desperate, yes, but it works. They can't be viewbombed while in trades.

Finally managed to grab two Hollys, the second one even over the phone. :o

Now to wait for the first eggs to hatch tomorrow and get the Snow Angel and Ribbon I'm still missing. (will also help to clear the biome a teeny tiny bit) 

Good luck to all still hunting! 

22 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

Holidays *always* have tons of eggs getting sick because people put them in hatcheries too early without thinking about the fact that the hatcheries are a lot busier during those time which means the eggs get more views. The EATW viewbombing really sucks, but this is not the first or last time people have had holiday eggs die. MANY of us here on the forums post multiple times reminding people to fog their holiday eggs and not put them in hatcheries right away. Honestly, if you know that sickness is a thing, you probably shouldn't put *any* eggs in hatcheries right away.

The users who lost eggs because of the EATW mess are rightfully pissed, I'm sure, but reviving them all would set a precedent for people asking any dead eggs to be revived no matter the reason. You can still pick up more holidays eggs if yours have died.

Well, I think it's one thing to lose an egg because the user put it in a hatchery, and another thing completely to lose one because someone else did it for them

If anything I'd ask for an extra day to be added to the holiday drop, but I foresee it blocking with Snows long before then.

34 minutes ago, Starscream said:

with teh amount of frost eggs and fogging going on I have been calling this the great holiday Frost-fog.

Ha that's great. XD I'm totally gonna remember this xmas on DC as the great holiday Frost-fog now! lol :lol:

23 minutes ago, Riverwillows said:

Well, another save is the tandem tag. You and a buddy put your eggs in a "permanant trade", and they can't be touched, then when eggs are ready, just cancel the trade. Kinda desperate, yes, but it works. They can't be viewbombed while in trades.

Why do you think eggs can't be viewbombed while in trades? Eggs still gain views while in trades. In fact I just tested it, make a teleport link with my gold hatchie and then added it to a hatchery. I was successfully able to add it to the hatchery, and it's currently gaining views. Trading does not hide the egg from views, it only prevents you from performing actions on them.

Ah, ok. My bad. Old timer here with older ideas no longer in practice.

My last egg, not a holiday egg, I purposely grabbed from the Cave, a Coastal Waverunner.  I immediately 'Warded' it, and entered it into the EatW,  By the time a few minutes later it had ope they reached 511 views and was sick.  I then fogged it and thought it was safe and the views did not increase but my egg died later anyway.  I see that the EatW Is down for now, but I hope it is back soon....

it mite just be easier to blare a giant red alert on the entire DC site warning people of adding eggs to hatchery early during high holiday traffic. removeing sickness during holidays just feels like a cheat in removing the one and only threat besides pure forgetfulness.

or some watch dog BSA that alerts a user to an eggs view count suddenly spiking. although there's already the sickness alert and a watchdog BSA would be just the same and not matter if the persons off.

Am I the only one who wonders why we even have a "sickness" mechanism in the first place? I mean, what does it accomplish? The only reason anyone's eggs would ever die of sickness is if they were maliciously attacked (not part of the game) or if they are newbies who haven't yet been told that you shouldn't put eggs in a fansite right away (not the players we want to be scaring off with annoying arbitrary rules.) Is there anything soft-shell deaths actually contribute to the site?

1 minute ago, tjekan said:

newbies who haven't yet been told that you shouldn't put eggs in a fansite right away (not the players we want to be scaring off with annoying arbitrary rules.) Is there anything soft-shell deaths actually contribute to the site?

thats the point, if there was no sickness, then wheres the challange?

grab eggs, spam in hatcheries first day and they'll grow on there own after x-days. why bother watching when no sickness? it also makes the views matter more and the MAJOR fact its a part of gaining a neglected dragon.