TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

Indeed, I bet the boss did something to change drop rates/ratios. I just caught the last CBs I needed, AKA 2 Hollies, 2 Yulebucks and 2 Snow Angels, without a care in the world. B)

I now have a pair of every existing Winter Holiday dragons... I never thought I'd see the day! Thanks again TJ!

Huh, I actually managed to finish off all of my CB limits. Guess it's AP hunting for me until the end~

My first batch of eggs has fully hatched, and I just managed to snag two Snow Angels and Ribbon Dancers, so now all I have left to catch is Hollies and Yulebucks!

Managed actually to catch a CB Holly (one I traded for) and have now filled all my limits! One person less to compete in the cave ;)

My first egg (Solstice) finally hatched! Yay! :wub: It's back in it's protective little fog. Now I can hunt for that elusive Holly again!

I...just caught a CB Holly in the AP... I GOT MY FIRST CB HOLLY FROM THE AP! XD

Edited by Fabula
adding comment

Well...I'm definitely seeing more hollies. It doesn't mean I've had luck catching one though. XD

I think I'll head back to sleep and try again later in the day.

15 minutes ago, Fabula said:

Nice one!! Grats!

I'm waiting for me eggs to hatch... they're overdue, but WON'T HATCH!! Come on, come out of your shells you little critters!

Yhusssss! After 4days of hunting, I got the CB Yulebuck & the 2 CB Hollies I needed! Good luck to those still hunting! :) One less person to compete with.

2 minutes ago, Ashtoret said:
19 minutes ago, Fabula said:

Wow that is amazing, I never thought anyone would toss a cb to AP...maybe they tossed it to be a nice surprise for someone

Congratz!

I've got all the CBs I wanted, I can now focus on lineages. Good luck with your Holly hunt, you can do it.

Yay! I've got my 2 Holly too! Well, one I've traded and one I've caught by myself when I've already have no hope.

I think TJ did smth with ratio, because it was pretty easier then yesterday.

Thanks TJ, thanks all who gave advices how to catch. I used Google Chrome and private page.

Gongratz to all who caught Holly too!

Good luck to then who is in progress!

Woohoo, it's gotten (relatively) easy to catch Hollies in deed. Thank goodness, got my 2nd one. Now only to catch 2 Yulebucks (once the other overdue eggs have hatched) and then I can concentrate on lineages.

1 minute ago, JadeEyedJasmine said:

Anyone have any tips on catching? I still need two hollies, two yulebucks, and a snow angel. It's getting a bit stressful!

As I mentioned I use Google Chrome and Private page. I'm not a fast clicker and don't have any other tips.

@JadeEyedJasmine

Fast internet, double refresh before clicking on an egg, knowing exactly when the eggs will appear so you can get one first and for it to not be summer where you live.

@Ashtoret Thanks!! My Solstice took over an hour to hatch from the time it was ER ready so I know how you feel.

@49ER I have no idea, I did not expect it to be CB when I decided to nab it. If someone did do that though, it was a super nice surprise indeed! :D

I've been trying to catch Hollies for hours and despite all the eggs that get taken the amount of people online never seems to go down

Don't loose hope! It was impossible for me on the 1st day (over 200 users to compete with), incredibly heavy yesterday and only moderately heavy just now with less than 100 users stalking the holiday biome. It is doable! Even with rather slow internet.

As for tips, if you want to catch your 2 CBs per breed: You can't missklick. Breeds that you already have 2 from you just can't take. So on the first day i just klicked every egg that appeared under my mouse  right after loading without bothering to read the description. Ok, it didn't work out for the hollys, but I got my Snow Angels and Yulebucks rather fast that way.

Edited by Varnayrah

My first lot of eggs would've hatched by now if someone didn't take it upon themselves to be a Grinch and add them to a hatchery. :dry:

Oh well, the new lot will be hatching in 12hrs if things go well. Least I didn't plan anything for this Christmas season.

Some tips to catch Holidays:

If using Firefox

• Click View > Styles > No Style, to undo this simply follow the steps and choose Basic Page Style or close the tab and open another.

I would suggest only using this to get the eggs you need, the page without styling is understandably not so great looking.

If on a PC/Mac

• Hold the CTRL button/Mac equivalent and spam press R. With your mouse, spam click the spot that the newest egg appears on.
  • Alternatively spam press F5/Mac equivalent and hold the middle mouse button if your mouse has three buttons.

Edited by Omen

Just bred my Hollies with reasonably short lineages and sent all eggs to the AP. I hope someone will like them :)

Thanks for the Holidays Biome - but it's hard or impossible to grab the Hollies. This is the only breed I need now. Others are faster than I.

each egg has 1000+ views and not a single crack. hatch darn you!! hatch!! :ph34r:

Edited by reddof-f6

1 minute ago, reddof-f6 said:

each egg has 1000+ views and not a single crack. hatch darn you!! hatch!! :ph34r:

It took 4000 views for my Solstice to hatch. Good luck! :lol:

Just now, Fabula said:

It took 4000 views for my Solstice to hatch. Good luck! :lol:

uuuugggghhhh whhhyy???!! i want to breed and gift hollies this century you darn eggs!!