TJ09

2017-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

24 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

also halloween had the worst luck in the past with one event so bogged by lag and (i think) ap blockage when it was still around. another if i remember correctly was ruined for many due to a hurricane taking out a lot of power. so this mite just be a second chance for many who didint even get one becuase of a tragic issue.

Yeah, and unlike Valentine Day and Christmas, there is only one day for Halloween. (At least I think the other hoildays have three days? Or am I misremembering?)

@AveryCF true, though it's coming up fast even with about two months

edit: well if you are having fun or time just go by quick, one day you can be in November and then look up another day to find yourself in December. :lol:

Edited by Lady Dragoon

All the holidays are just one day, aren't they?  They're just easier because you can only get 2 eggs.

Has everything been lagging horribly for everyone?  Struggling badly to get eggs, and takes like 2 minutes to open an actions page.

3 minutes ago, Lady Dragoon said:

Yeah, and unlike Valentine Day and Christmas, there is only one day for Halloween. (At least I think the other hoildays have three days? Or am I misremembering?)

i think so, but tj extended it to three days since so many were having trouble or coming super late. the marrows i remember clearly having a row of 3 eggs extended into 2 rows for 6 eggs to grab so people had a chance. this was with the lone 1 biome as well.

lean2fire

yes all holidays for 1 day. haloween has no limit, but x-mas and valentines only allows 2.

the lag is normal for holiday releases.

Edited by reddof-f6

10 minutes ago, Lady Dragoon said:

I'm not sure, I was thinking the new releases also happen on the holiday like with Halloween? I always thought the holidays had the same amount of breeding time before the new release and the event shut down... Maybe I shouldn't be answering this if i'm unsure myself, now that I think about it. XD But three days sound pretty short to me, I have a feeling like it's usually a week but... Well I don't remember ether.

This I can agree to, mostly because of how little funds I have right now, might be only buying my mom a gift this year lol...

7 minutes ago, lean2fire said:

All the holidays are just one day, aren't they?  They're just easier because you can only get 2 eggs.

Has everything been lagging horribly for everyone?  Struggling badly to get eggs, and takes like 2 minutes to open an actions page.

Also yeah, or at least sense midnight for me. The second it hit Halloween I feel like DC was slammed with everyone doing everything at once. The holiday rush kind of thing, last minute breeding and egg grabbing before we'd all have to wait until next year. Even with normal actions, my browser takes time to load but only on DC.

For a moment I thought this eggs code had 666 in it. It was just 6dd... x'D If it had 666 in the code and was a HALLOWEEN EGG i'd be freaking out. https://dragcave.net/view/6dd8H <--- The egg i'm talking about.

Edited by AveryCF

7 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

i think so, but tj extended it to three days since so many were having trouble or coming super late. the marrows i remember clearly having a row of 3 eggs extended into 2 rows for 6 eggs to grab so people had a chance. this was with the lone 1 biome as well.

lean2fire

yes all holidays for 1 day. haloween has no limit, but x-mas and valentines only allows 2.

the lag is normal for holiday releases.

They are not all one day. Christmas and (as of recently) Valentine's Day drop for three days. 

18 minutes ago, AveryCF said:

I'm not sure, I was thinking the new releases also happen on the holiday like with Halloween? I always thought the holidays had the same amount of breeding time before the new release and the event shut down... Maybe I shouldn't be answering this if i'm unsure myself, now that I think about it. XD But three days sound pretty short to me, I have a feeling like it's usually a week but... Well I don't remember ether.

This I can agree to, mostly because of how little funds I have right now, might be only buying my mom a gift this year lol...

Also yeah, or at least sense midnight for me. The second it hit Halloween I feel like DC was slammed with everyone doing everything at once. The holiday rush kind of thing, last minute breeding and egg grabbing before we'd all have to wait until next year. Even with normal actions, my browser takes time to load but only on DC.

For a moment I thought this eggs code had 666 in it. It was just 6dd... x'D If it had 666 in the code and was a HALLOWEEN EGG i'd be freaking out. https://dragcave.net/view/6dd8H <--- The egg i'm talking about.

The three days is for the new dragon dropping, it's a week for breeding for all holidays though.

And yeah, it was lagging for me even when I was trying to make a zombie or deciding on my last costume for my hatchling.

(awww, I hope you get some more funds before Christmas or you could write a small letter/card for everyone else, might be nice even if it isn't a gift :D )

Good night everyone. It's been a great Halloween event and I can't wait to see the adults!

I've just dropped the last batch of new dragons into the AP, went code hunting, and am going to bed now.

I hope the Trick or Treat game won't be over by tomorrow; I would have liked to visit a full hundred of you.

If Christmas dragons come back, I'd get 2 hollies and 2 yules for breeding purposes and then ALL THE SNOW ANGELS. ALL OF THEM!

Cause.

If Valentines come back I can replace the one CB I released so I could have a frozen hatchy. That would be nice. Other than that, I'd hit heartseekers hard. But for now, I'm hatching Halloweenies and tossing them back into the AP :D

There are a lot of new Halloween eggs over on Silvi's Lair - some already with soft shells...  If you haven't put them in there, you might want to check your eggs, to see whether they're still ok... >.>

1 hour ago, Vhale said:

If Christmas dragons come back, I'd get 2 hollies and 2 yules for breeding purposes and then ALL THE SNOW ANGELS. ALL OF THEM!

Cause.

If Valentines come back I can replace the one CB I released so I could have a frozen hatchy. That would be nice. Other than that, I'd hit heartseekers hard. But for now, I'm hatching Halloweenies and tossing them back into the AP :D

I don't think TJ will do the Christmas dragons... since the holly was the first one ever; only  members joined at that time have them.... 

Those members might not like the idea, and TJ doesn't want conflict... I could be wrong... :)

I am happy with getting 2G holly if I could grab from AP :lol:

Eh, TJ has implemented a lot of different things in the past that have been very controversial and caused tons and tons of conflict (Teleport, sprite updates, etc). I doubt he would base his decision on not causing conflict.

I'm totally flailing at my little Pumpkin hatchling because I just don't know how I want to dress her for the final outfit! There are so many awesome costume pieces and I want a little of everything.

4 minutes ago, HEEDLESS said:

I don't think TJ will do the Christmas dragons... since the holly was the first one ever; only  members joined at that time have them.... 

Those members might not like the idea, and TJ doesn't want conflict... I could be wrong... :)

I am happy with getting 2G holly if I could grab from AP :lol:

TBH, how many of the original Holly owners are actually still active? Adding new holly dragons would be beneficial because it would mean new bloodlines and presents the opportunity to own them for those of us who weren't around back then. Granted, it would make their offspring less valuable, but people said that about prizes when the new raffles started.

But in the end, it would be up to TJ.

1 minute ago, Marie19R said:

I'm totally flailing at my little Pumpkin hatchling because I just don't know how I want to dress her for the final outfit! There are so many awesome costume pieces and I want a little of everything.

Same here, I just don't know if I want to combine everything or keep one of the outfits of today, since they're my fav!

9 minutes ago, mouse050909 said:

Does anyone know when TJ's dragons will grow up? 

His hatchlings have around 6d10h left, meaning about two and a half days.

------

I really hope you guys like them when they grow up!! :D

1 minute ago, SheridanCharon said:

TBH, how many of the original Holly owners are actually still active? Adding new holly dragons would be beneficial because it would mean new bloodlines and presents the opportunity to own them for those of us who weren't around back then. Granted, it would make their offspring less valuable, but people said that about prizes when the new raffles started.

I am totally agree with you regarding inactive members..... .BUT... it is up the BIG BOSS TJ..

We will see how it turns out then.... 

Trust me... we all love/wish/pray to have those on the biome/cave....... 

8 minutes ago, SheridanCharon said:

Speaking of which, I'm one of the original Tinsel owners - you know, the ones who had to win a contest to get them, not just sort of exist at the right time. And you know what? I'm sad and horrified there's people actually moaning about holidays being brought back in CB form. Yikes.

I'm glad the old holidays are back. I'm glad there's raffles for Tinsels/Shimmers. It makes me happy that there are more lineages to go around, and that there's (slightly) less value to the progeny, because all that means is pretty, short lineages are more accessible now. This is a good thing, and it ensures those pretty, short lineages will remain available no matter how many people leave the site or, like me, go on random 4-year hiatuses.

So yeah. Make it RAIN CB holidays! MAKE. IT. RAIN.

PS: Any guesses as to these wyrmy critters species name?! Between Olive and Paper... hmm.

Edited by Azure

6 minutes ago, birdzgoboom said:

------

I'm sure they're going to be great, since your other dragons were also amazing :) 

7 minutes ago, birdzgoboom said:

------

If the adults look anything remotely like the hatchlings I'm sure we'll love them! I think they might already be one of my fav Halloweens ever simply because they are so different from most of the other Halloweens. They really stand out among all the others. I really hope to learn the lore behind this guy too. (And seriously, a lot of us love *anything* you sprite, so....)

Does anyone else notice any comparisons between the new Halloween release, and Stranger Things? I don't want to spoil much, but there seems to be a lot of nudges towards the new season. 

It kind of seems unlikely, since the season just came out, but... I can't help but see a ton of things that remind me of it.

Edited by HeartJacker13

Perhaps Optical Dragons? That'd be between Olive and Paper, and it fits with what they know of them so far.

It also fits with the sort of glitchy theme they have going on. Optical drives and whatnot.

1 minute ago, HeartJacker13 said:

Does anyone else notice any comparisons between the new Halloween eggs, and Stranger Things? I don't want to spoil much, but there seems to be a lot of nudges towards the new season. 

It kind of seems unlikely, since the season just came out, but... I can't help but see a ton of things that remind me of it.

stranger things is slightly connected to Lovecraft, who creates cosmic monsters that live in different dimensions. its more of they both have a link to one big branch. same with stephen kings "it" tha was recently rebooted.

Threw my final batch of new release 'foster' eggs to the AP and picked up my last batch of the day for my own scroll. HOLY CRAP THE LAG YOU GUYS. I know it's normal but geez.

Unless I totally missed it, I haven't seen a single person indicate that they would be upset if the holiday biome situation was repeated for Christmas and Valentine's, which makes me all kinds of happy. No idea if TJ takes that into account, but it's nice to see an overall charitable, let-everyone-be-wealthy attitude among the players. This has been a great Halloween for DC - and NEXT year I'll get back to work on all those Halloween lineages I ignored during my hiatus. :lol: I'm fascinated by these smoky little wyrms; can't wait to see the adult form.

Edited by LibbyLishly
Semicolons do not belong in the middle of words.