TJ09

2017-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

8 minutes ago, Evangeline said:

Grumbles and wobbles off to Scrooge's house. Bah humbug.

XD See you at the Christmas release then, I guess? Enjoy the rest of your Halloween, though.

We still have Prizes (6 different kinds) and GoNs that are very, very difficult to get, often take a reaaalllly long time to get, and are very special and worth a whole bunch. I personally don't like such exclusive dragons that only a tiny handful of people can ever get. I'd rather it be more fair, more level. I mean, I got older CB holidays because I was around then, that's it... I didn't do anything special to get them, didn't spend months and months working for them, I just happened to be around on that particular day. Newer users not having even a slight chance at getting them simply because they discovered the site later... Meh. I really like that newer users have the opportunity to get CBs of old holidays now, it's a really nice thing. And the truth is that the older holidays have a very small (and ever-dwindling) amount of active CBs because older players have left the game, so each year there are less and less opportunity to get 2nd-gens (or maybe even clean 3rd-gens) because there just aren't many CBs around anymore. I like that that's changing now. It's probably going to be really good for lineages.

Anyways. Roughly a half hour until I can abandon my current batch of new eggs to the AP.

What the heckie! I had three dead adult dragons and when I go to try and revive them, they're not on my scroll! Does it work like dead hatchies where its only there for a certain amount of time? Either way that disrupted my mood a bit

3 minutes ago, Kith said:

@Evangeline

For me, first-year catching matters because now biomes can matter, in terms of mate selection, and "cave" can give an element of randomness that isn't necessarily desirable.

Hmmm. I suppose that is true. That does sate my annoyance a little bit. 

See you at the Christmas release then, I guess? Enjoy the rest of your Halloween, though

....Oh. Hollys are going to be wide released. Nope. I'm back to annoyed again. Lord Christ almighty on high and his virgin mother. 

@Marie19R
This world ain't fair. Life isn't fair. Catering to kids because life isn't fair is a whole other can of worms that I'm not gonna touch further. :P 
I guess I can understand people going inactive. But then, why not just release only a few hundred or something like that? Limit it to two eggs per scroll. Yay. New can of worms. Can we just not open any can of worms? 

Grats, @JuulXhorse!! 

9 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

We still have Prizes (6 different kinds) and GoNs that are very, very difficult to get, often take a reaaalllly long time to get

don't forget the neglecteds, those are a nightmare to obtain with so much timing calculation needed.

I don’t know but I don’t see the sentimentality of not wanting to have older holidays released as CBs again. I think it’s a good idea.

Edited by Condorflight

9 minutes ago, Evangeline said:

Hmmm. I suppose that is true. That does sate my annoyance a little bit. 

....Oh. Hollys are going to be wide released. Nope. I'm back to annoyed again. Lord Christ almighty on high and his virgin mother. 

@Marie19R
This world ain't fair. Life isn't fair. Catering to kids because life isn't fair is a whole other can of worms that I'm not gonna touch further. :P 
I guess I can understand people going inactive. But then, why not just release only a few hundred or something like that? Limit it to two eggs per scroll. Yay. New can of worms. Can we just not open any can of worms? 

Grats, @JuulXhorse!! 

This may only be a treat for Halloween, we may not get it for Christmas.

But who knows maybe later on you will just tolerate this if it turns out to happen for all holiday :D

(and bah, if hollys come up, I might get one or two cbs, I prefer some of the other Christmas dragons more lol)

My eggs FINALLY hatched opening up four slots for me to grab new eggs. Might get a fifth slot soon, my Grave dragon egg has a gaping hole in it so it should hatch somewhat soon. Slots are still slots though, it was painful sitting on egg locked for a long time today sense midnight. Seeing the new eggs and unable to grab them, yet you didn't want to abandon your current ones? Yeah. -3-

3 minutes ago, Lady Dragoon said:

This may only be a treat for Halloween, we may not get it for Christmas.

But who knows maybe later on you will just tolerate this if it turns out to happen for all holiday :D

it would make sense its only for Halloween since its a time of grab as much as possible and get away in a night. while Christmas has the limit and more about giving (& trading)

Honestly I probably wouldn't even grab any CB Hollies if they were re-released, I only need like 3 more Hollies for scroll-goals and I'd rather them be bred. I wanted two CB Pumpkins badly this year to make up for my idiotic mistake of freezing my only original CB Pumpkin, but Hollies are different.

Dropped my 2nd batch of new eggs to the AP (that went quicker then I'd thought!) and picked up a 3rd batch. Tried to get one from each biome but it didn't work out that way.

Thank you, @Marie19R, for posting that you're continually dropping batches. I know you are one of many, but your posts seem to be the ones that are most frequent. Thanks to this, I might be able to catch some more in the AP later on. 

3 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

it would make sense its only for Halloween since its a time of grab as much as possible and get away in a night. while Christmas has the limit and more about giving (& trading)

Aye, and another thing is if we do get a 'Christmas biome' we still might have limits on how much we can grab.

*shrug* It's all speculations until Christmas event shows up.

I knew someone would complain about their shiny exclusives not being so exclusive. This isn't life. It's a game. And most people prefer it when games are fair. When people think a game is unfair, they often go play a different game. So if TJ wants his game to survive, it's wise of him to consider fairness. If that bothers you, I would suggest that "life isn't fair" does apply to that. Go play Flight Rising if you like everything seasonal to become super expensive rarities in a couple years. No one ever promised that the old CBs would remain exclusive forever. It was implied, maybe, but not promised, and TJ has the right to change it, especially given how huge an issue this was. Honestly? This reminds me of people complaining about cannabis prices dropping post legalization. Those high prices were never market natural - they were created by the black market condition of the product. In the same way, the CBs were never meant to be as valuable as they've become. It makes perfect sense to miss the inflated value, but not to complain about its loss. Of course as always YMMV; that's just my view on it.

2 minutes ago, Lady Dragoon said:

Aye, and another thing is if we do get a 'Christmas biome' we still might have limits on how much we can grab.

Well at least that's months from now so we don't have to worry about the idea until much later.

1 minute ago, Lady Dragoon said:

also halloween had the worst luck in the past with one event so bogged by lag and (i think) ap blockage when it was still around. another if i remember correctly was ruined for many due to a hurricane taking out a lot of power. so this mite just be a second chance for many who didint even get one becuase of a tragic issue.

Just now, AveryCF said:

Well at least that's months from now so we don't have to worry about the idea until much later.

Not really? It's only two months. Not even that - six weeks, since it's The third week of December, kind of. We'll find out at the beginning of that week, too, so it's really only like five weeks, just over a month. 

I could see this going either way. It makes sense to limit this to Halloween, but also makes sense not to. I'm sure if there's a Christmas and Valentine's biome when the time comes, it'll follow the usual two to a person rule and will be for people who missed out. (I do think after the site has existed over a decade, it makes sense to rerelease old stuff people missed out on all that time ago.)

Can’t wait to see what these babies look like all grown up. Halloween wryms!!!!

Edited by Cecona

Happy Halloween Everyone! I absolutely loved everything about this year, including dressing and undressing and redressing my Fairy Fox Pirate trick or treater. soooooooo much more fun than mine sweeper. I can't wait to see what these babies look like! I bred all my halloweens today, and I hope everyone else did too, so the cave is still full of them in three days. O_O

8 minutes ago, Lurhstaap said:

Not really? It's only two months. Not even that - six weeks, since it's The third week of December, kind of. We'll find out at the beginning of that week, too, so it's really only like five weeks, just over a month. 

I could see this going either way. It makes sense to limit this to Halloween, but also makes sense not to. I'm sure if there's a Christmas and Valentine's biome when the time comes, it'll follow the usual two to a person rule and will be for people who missed out. (I do think after the site has existed over a decade, it makes sense to rerelease old stuff people missed out on all that time ago.)

I'm sorry, but I haven't started counting down the days to Christmas because I don't really care this early on. It's still October (Even if it's the last day) so I was counting two months from the 10th month of the year. 10, 11, 12. I don't mean for this to sound rude, but i'm going to be honest you kinda rubbed me the wrong way getting literal. Every day counts, it's 24 hours to do anything you wanted. -Even if half of it might be sleeping for most. For me? That means it's "Two months until the next DC holiday."  I wasn't... Getting literal about it might being two weeks less than that. Really, i'd ask who thinks like that but- well, clearly you and others likely do too. So let me put it this way: I don't think like that, so sorry I said "Two months" and not "Six weeks". (Plus I like to think well, i'm LIVING through one month, November. Then i'm LIVING through a second month, as Christmas is right next to the end of December. So... I'm also thinking like that, not counting weeks...)

Ether way I wouldn't get our hopes up for holiday related biomes. This is the first time they've happened but I honestly don't see it becoming a regular thing. Maybe every other year depending on how the games history goes. (How many missed out on getting CB eggs, how many people care about CB's/pures or just having the egg period, etc.) For example, I love having CB's with pures as a second best, but i'm still happy getting an egg AT ALL even if it is messy. It's not gonna be the end of the world if I missed out because that was my fault, I snoozed, I lost. Not saying this to get people down in the dumps, but i'm just pointing out that it may be a very rare thing...

EDIT: Also I think I just accidentally reported my own post instead of clicking edit, opps. I hope I didn't, never "reported" a post before, and much less my own. x'D

Edited by AveryCF

Ugh the (0 minutes) on the candy timer drives me nuts. Come on come on! Why does that last minute seem to take so long?

I still haven't redressed my hatchie today, I need to figure out exactly how I want the final outfit to look.

3 minutes ago, AveryCF said:

I'm sorry, but I haven't started counting down the days to Christmas because I don't really care this early on. It's still October (Even if it's the last day) so I was counting two months from the 10th month of the year. 10, 11, 12. I don't mean for this to sound rude, but i'm going to be honest you kinda rubbed me the wrong way getting literal. Every day counts, it's 24 hours to do anything you wanted. -Even if half of it might be sleeping for most. For me? That means it's "Two months until the next DC holiday."  I wasn't... Getting literal about it might being two weeks less than that. Really, i'd ask who thinks like that but- well, clearly you and others likely do too. So let me put it this way: I don't think like that, so sorry I said "Two months" and not "Six weeks".

Ether way I wouldn't get our hopes up for holiday related biomes. This is the first time they've happened but I honestly don't see it becoming a regular thing. Maybe every other year depending on how the games history goes. (How many missed out on getting CB eggs, how many people care about CB's/pures or just having the egg period, etc.) For example, I love having CB's with pures as a second best, but i'm still happy getting an egg AT ALL even if it is messy. It's not gonna be the end of the world if I missed out because that was my fault, I snoozed, I lost. Not saying this to get people down in the dumps, but i'm just pointing out that it may be a very rare thing...

The way you said it made it sound like it was ages and ages away. To me, that's right around the corner, so it sounded strange to dismiss it as too far off to worry about yet. Again, that's just my perception of time. I'm pretty sure I don't have a different perception of time in order to offend you. But if you want to be upset by a very, very mild disagreement, that's up to you. I can't control that. I do apologise for rubbing you the wrong way, but I honestly feel you're overreacting to a small thing. 

45 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

We still have Prizes (6 different kinds) and GoNs that are very, very difficult to get, often take a reaaalllly long time to get, and are very special and worth a whole bunch. I personally don't like such exclusive dragons that only a tiny handful of people can ever get. I'd rather it be more fair, more level. I mean, I got older CB holidays because I was around then, that's it... I didn't do anything special to get them, didn't spend months and months working for them, I just happened to be around on that particular day. Newer users not having even a slight chance at getting them simply because they discovered the site later... Meh. I really like that newer users have the opportunity to get CBs of old holidays now, it's a really nice thing. And the truth is that the older holidays have a very small (and ever-dwindling) amount of active CBs because older players have left the game, so each year there are less and less opportunity to get 2nd-gens (or maybe even clean 3rd-gens) because there just aren't many CBs around anymore. I like that that's changing now. It's probably going to be really good for lineages.

Anyways. Roughly a half hour until I can abandon my current batch of new eggs to the AP.

I completely agree with you. I've been here since 2008 too, but didn't join the forum until 2011 because I was busy running my own forum. I missed out on so many things I didn't realize were happening or understood were happening because of that, so for me, after nearly a decade, to finally get the pumpkins I missed due to ignorance is a God send. I want CB Hollys, eve if it's only two, but I have NEVER understood the need for only two per player. Maybe only two per the first year, but after that, give us a Biome to hunt, LOL That way everyone has at least two, and can grab something different to fill their other egg slots during the holiday later on.

Just now, Lurhstaap said:

The way you said it made it sound like it was ages and ages away. To me, that's right around the corner, so it sounded strange to dismiss it as too far off to worry about yet. Again, that's just my perception of time. I'm pretty sure I don't have a different perception of time in order to offend you. But if you want to be upset by a very, very mild disagreement, that's up to you. I can't control that. I do apologise for rubbing you the wrong way, but I honestly feel you're overreacting to a small thing. 

I'm anger managed, it's how I operate. Just being honest, it's better to quickly confront the problem than let it simmer so it's why I just pointed out how I saw things virus how you see things. I respect having different perspectives, it's just when you say "Not really" that my mind (Remember: Anger managed. I get angry over the smallest little, dumb tiny little not life changing things.) goes "OH THEY'RE CORRECTING ME WHEN IT'S MY PERSONAL OPINION..." so... Yeah. Sorry, let's just drop it before this goes off topic. All i'm saying is I see it as two months, but I also "Dismiss my problems" if they're not "Currently my problem" seeing I also suffer from anxiety and it's how I get by. Sorry if I made it sound far away, it's just because to me "Six weeks/two months" does seem far away to me. c:

On a much lighter note: My Grave dragon hatched so now I have a fifth slot that opened up. ;3; Time to grab my final fifth 2017 Halloween egg and step back to call it good for others. I'm loving the fact Halloween isn't limited to two dragons like I was thinking, means I can just get all five at once rather than waiting a year to breed the two I grabbed.

6 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

Ugh the (0 minutes) on the candy timer drives me nuts. Come on come on! Why does that last minute seem to take so long?

I still haven't redressed my hatchie today, I need to figure out exactly how I want the final outfit to look.

I agree. I think that is the only thing I dislike from this year's event.