Jump to content
TJ09

2017-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

 

It wasn't just the 30-odd minutes at the end, there was a whole hour sometime this afternoon where nothing was created on the hour drop so there were no new eggs at all for an entire hour. That's what really got me, that such a very very limited release would have *that* much time taken away like that.

That's pretty bizarre. This event had some weird bugs and snags, but most of it seemed concentrated to the dressing game and not the biomes themselves. Was the previous no-drop period at 11:00 am cave time? Not that I can do anything but rampantly speculate, but it'd be interesting if the same problem happens again tomorrow-- well, technically today. 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, HEEDLESS said:

Somehow I just realized that the new hatchlings remind me of this....

 

4_mqpq.jpg

Oooh, I want centipede dragons!

Share this post


Link to post

I totally missed out on the eggs this year. I am so bummed. Yay to everyone else though!

Share this post


Link to post

I also abandoned some of the new eggs into the AP.  If I happen to catch some on friday, I'm open to gifting for those who couldn't snag any :) 

 

Also, was anybody around when the Halloween eggs stopped taking top priority?  Just want to know whether there were lots of eggs or not.  I tried to save the AP eggs before Halloween by shoving about 100 into hatcheries and I'm hoping they hatched and survived (at least some of them).

Edited by Draconiusultamius

Share this post


Link to post

Oh no, I totally forgot Halloween wasn't a 3 day drop D: I missed out on this years Halloween D: 

 

Oh well, here's hoping that the next year also brings back the Halloween biome

Share this post


Link to post

Oh darn, same here :c Actually super bummed that I missed out on the hatchies this season aaaaaaaaah . . .

 

Hopefully I'll be smart and be able to grab them next year I suppose ( / v \ )

Share this post


Link to post

Has anyone an idea if there is a way to see the dressed up dragons we've visted this year? Now that Halloween is over I mean. I had hoped we'd get a badge that links to it, but if so I am missing it.

Share this post


Link to post

Oh no! I just got home and all my Halloween grabs from last night are dead! :( Crud, that's a letdown, I only stuck them in one hatchery and they were fine this morning! >_< Did I get viewbombed or were they just that fragile? Guess I'm lurking the AP and hoping for a Halloween biome again next year.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Firefury Amahira said:

Oh no! I just got home and all my Halloween grabs from last night are dead! :( Crud, that's a letdown, I only stuck them in one hatchery and they were fine this morning! >_< Did I get viewbombed or were they just that fragile? Guess I'm lurking the AP and hoping for a Halloween biome again next year.

 

As a general rule eggs should not be added to hatcheries until they are at least 12 hours old, or they may get sick. Holidays are a million times worse in that regard because there are so many more people participating and so there are a lot more people viewing the hatcheries. Your eggs got *way* too many views for being so young. But check the AP in a few days, there should be some new Halloweens dropping there.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Laura-Lana said:

Has anyone an idea if there is a way to see the dressed up dragons we've visted this year? Now that Halloween is over I mean. I had hoped we'd get a badge that links to it, but if so I am missing it.

 

 

Yes look on your Dragon page. There's a little image that looks like a cloud with stuff around it. Click on that.

Share this post


Link to post

So from what I was reading a lot of problems were evident with this release.  I don't think it would have hurt JT any if to allow for the problems we were having to extend the dropping of them say up noon today or even until 1 in the morning to compensate for it. Got a shadow dragon egg from the a.c don't remember having this one on me by the description of it. I even saw one of those manna dragon eggs I could have grabbed in the ac and swapped a Halloween one for it.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, AveryCF said:

Ahhh my mom says they are and even more so sense i'm an artist: My only problem is I never know what to say or draw, and i'm lazy. RIP.

Well it's only 8:37pm for me right now but I was just checking in (Speaking of art, I've been putting off an OC's Bday art too much. His bday is October 8th, so I kept saying Halloween could be my due date. BUT NOW IT'S ALMOST OVER. SPEED DRAAAAAAAW...) to realize it's just slightly more than 20 minutes left on Halloween for DC. Happy Halloween all of Dragon Cave, I hope everyone got those last minutes eggs and such. Otherwise you'll have to wait till next year!
I'm quite happy what I got done in two days after remembering about DC sense I was gone for months. Nearly missed ANOTHER YEARS worth of holiday dragons I would of had to get some other year I remembered. Yay. ;3; I even reminded my friend of the game and she was able to get on at last minute to get her very first Halloween eggs ever, so bonus.~

I would say that just saying Merry Christmas/Happy Hoildays and hoping they have a good day or week would be good! And if you have any idea what the person would like and if you can draw it, do that :D But yea, I understand being too lazy to do stuff sometimes. XD

 

Sweet! Congrats to you and your friend! And happy Halloween!

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, LuvDragons said:

So from what I was reading a lot of problems were evident with this release.  I don't think it would have hurt JT any if to allow for the problems we were having to extend the dropping of them say up noon today or even until 1 in the morning to compensate for it. Got a shadow dragon egg from the a.c don't remember having this one on me by the description of it. I even saw one of those manna dragon eggs I could have grabbed in the ac and swapped a Halloween one for it.

 

Just due to the last 20 minutes/etc being an issue and having no eggs drop, it would be nice if it could be extended a bit, but 1am for DC time (on the 2nd, as for the 1st has passed) would mean people (myself included) could get another batch of cb halloweens and that's no bueno.

 

Not sure what TJ'll do. The event and biome were wonderful, and I'm super grateful that everything worked out this holiday, so I'm sure he'll think of something. :)

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

 

As a general rule eggs should not be added to hatcheries until they are at least 12 hours old, or they may get sick. Holidays are a million times worse in that regard because there are so many more people participating and so there are a lot more people viewing the hatcheries. Your eggs got *way* too many views for being so young. But check the AP in a few days, there should be some new Halloweens dropping there.

And my eggs are all in at least three hatcheries lol.  I keep close tabs on them though, so I guess it has to do with different playing styles too.

Share this post


Link to post

@Draconiusultamius Really? Goodness, that's weird. Maybe it depends what hatcheries you use? If I put my eggs in Silvi's or AoND's before the 6day 12hour mark they seem to get sick almost all the time. It's also luck, I'm sure, since not all eggs are shown equally in hatcheries (shown by my eggs having such different amounts of views despite being in the same hatcheries for the same amount of time).

 

My paint document with all the screenshots from the costume event is almost 2MBs. Wow.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm so freaking sad... for that last... what? 20mins... or half hour?... no new eggs?!! So sad... 

But well, hopefully next year we can grab CB eggs of past halloweens like this year.. <3 :3

Thanks again TJ and everyone who was a part of this wonderful holiday release~ 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

@Nightwalkerkey @Loveless3173  Check the AP in a couple days, lots of us threw batches of the new Halloweens to the AP specifically for people who couldn't get any today.

Yeah I tossed a few myself. I was intending to last minute grab some in the last few hours but got busy IRL until the last 10 minutes and nothing... xP I'll hope to grab a couple more, if not oh well

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

@Nightwalkerkey @Loveless3173  Check the AP in a couple days, lots of us threw batches of the new Halloweens to the AP specifically for people who couldn't get any today.

Thanks! I'll be sure to keep an eye out~~ 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Firefury Amahira said:

Oh no! I just got home and all my Halloween grabs from last night are dead! :( Crud, that's a letdown, I only stuck them in one hatchery and they were fine this morning! >_< Did I get viewbombed or were they just that fragile? Guess I'm lurking the AP and hoping for a Halloween biome again next year.

That really, really sucks. Make sure you check the Departures thread as well. Sometimes CBs pop up there.

 

This is why I always ER special eggs...

Share this post


Link to post

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the AP over the next couple days, I want two more of the fire wyrms and I want to get my girlfriend a couple as she missed getting any at all.

 

Overall this was a fun, low-key event, even with the bugs and issues people had. Thank you for it, TJ!

Share this post


Link to post

I just now thought to see if the badge for the event was clickable, and it does indeed take me to a page with my hatchie's final costume *and* all the hatchies I visited! I'm so happy about that.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Marie19R said:

@Draconiusultamius Really? Goodness, that's weird. Maybe it depends what hatcheries you use? If I put my eggs in Silvi's or AoND's before the 6day 12hour mark they seem to get sick almost all the time. It's also luck, I'm sure, since not all eggs are shown equally in hatcheries (shown by my eggs having such different amounts of views despite being in the same hatcheries for the same amount of time).

 

My paint document with all the screenshots from the costume event is almost 2MBs. Wow.

Mines are in AoND,valley of Sherwood, and EATW, I think.  All of them have higher traffic though, weird.

 

Fyi, there's someone offering two Halloween eggs for white Zyumorphs.  If you're interested/ don't have any, you could always try your luck, they never specifically asked for CB.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.