TJ09

2017-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Just now, LibbyLishly said:

Unless I totally missed it, I haven't seen a single person indicate that they would be upset if the holiday biome situation was repeated for Christmas and Valentine's, which makes me all kinds of happy. N;o idea if TJ takes that into account, but it's nice to see an overall charitable, let-everyone-be-wealthy attitude among the players.

there were 1 or two upset at the thought of CB holidays, mainly hollys, being freely released a few pages back.

Hmm, not sure what to think of the hatchlings so far. From what I can tell, they look like Xenowyrms, the males have two pointy head horns, and the females look like the males except something heavy fell and squashed the top of her head. The colors look neat so far, the grey and white with blue, green, purple flames. I look forward to seeing what their design is like as adults.

1 minute ago, reddof-f6 said:

stranger things is slightly connected to Lovecraft, who creates cosmic monsters that live in different dimensions. its more of they both have a link to one big branch. same with stephen kings "it" tha was recently rebooted.

It's more than that, honestly. It just... certain things about the resemblance of the hatchling, the description of the egg, though the description of the hatchling makes it completly different. :P

It's not exact. It was just too much of a coincidence, haha.

Just now, reddof-f6 said:

there were 1 or two upset at the thought of CB holidays, mainly hollys, being freely released a few pages back.

Ah, I did miss it. Meh. They'd get over it. :P Still grateful that MOST players aren't interested in preserving an elitist attitude in the overall game economy.

5 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

theres only 50. =]

Oh thank you SO much. I can stop refreshing and clearing cookies, etc. :D

Now sitting to wait and see what those amazing eggs turn into....

I know this has been brought up before but the Halloween wall is sitting at 3d11h, how big do you think the wall is? So far I have only bred two dragons myself this year and know others mentioned holding off on breeding. Honestly I am just curious how thick the wall is, I can't really remember eggs being insta hatchable in the AP during the event week.

SO laggy, all done tossing hatchies back to the AP, I am out of influences for them. Hope they found some good homes!
Also bred out my remaining CB holidays. I need to go through and name a couple mates tomorrow.

The 3D11 AP is why I helped hatch some eggs today before I filled up. That's a little close to dead for me.

Edited by Vhale

if the wall goes long enough/is thick enough, do you think it'll be possible to get neglecteds out of it?

1 minute ago, Alrexwolf said:

if the wall goes long enough/is thick enough, do you think it'll be possible to get neglecteds out of it?

Possibly? Though it would have go very very long for that wouldn't it?

1 hour ago, HEEDLESS said:

I don't think TJ will do the Christmas dragons... since the holly was the first one ever; only  members joined at that time have them.... 

Those members might not like the idea, and TJ doesn't want conflict... I could be wrong... :)

OH NO, like less then 1% of the playerbase will be upset! We better skew over hundreds and hundreds of people so that a handful of people can still be happy about their insane amount of power and exclusivity over everyone else!

It's not like we have people policing the forums in case something gets out of hand, nor do we outnumber holly owners by a massive amount and therefore have a more meaningful say in whats the best for enjoyment.

Alright i'll cut the scarcasm

Wouldn't it be smarter to worry about the users getting upset at the LACK of Christmas re-releases? That's a lot more anger then however many CB holly owners are left can ever hope to deal out.

Even if all of them that are still around all decided to get mad at once, it still wouldn't outweigh the other users and most of them probably wouldn't cause enough of a stink to actually cause enough drama to matter in the big picture.

And not only that but how many would actually be that upset? Not all of them so even if you had a full count of every active holly owner you gotta keep personality in mind, I highly doubt all or even the majority of them would do more then a quick gripe, if even that. 

EDIT:

Just for the record I don't think everyone with a holly is a lunatic who would try to cause an incident, it was just for the sarcasm and the hypothetical, like "even if the goldfish mauls you, you won't die"

Edited by blockEdragon

Just bred the rest of my CB Halloweens to the AP, sent 20 Witchlights, 7 Shadow Walkers, 15 Desipis, 8 Graves, and 18 Cavern Lurkers. Hopefully there are people out there who still want 2nd-gens, lol!

Just now, Marie19R said:

Just bred the rest of my CB Halloweens to the AP, sent 20 Witchlights, 7 Shadow Walkers, 15 Desipis, 8 Graves, and 18 Cavern Lurkers. Hopefully there are people out there who still want 2nd-gens, lol!

Plenty of people still do, and they're gonna probably be ER, so people who don't mind lineage and just want as many as possible will be overjoyed!

I rather doubt anyone with a holly is a lunatic.However, consider folks that have traded souls and such for a 2nd gen Holly and they just pop-up for everyone. That is more than just the original owners. Also, there are some that were prizes. I don't have one myself but I bartered for a 2nd gen as a gift. If they do, they do. It just kills the "specialness" of those original dragons.

Like a Twilight Zone episode where a guy has tons of gold and a time machine. Turned out that gold was like iron in the future.

1 minute ago, dtd said:

I rather doubt anyone with a holly is a lunatic.However, consider folks that have traded souls and such for a 2nd gen Holly and they just pop-up for everyone. That is more than just the original owners. Also, there are some that were prizes. I don't have one myself but I bartered for a 2nd gen as a gift. If they do, they do. It just kills the "specialness" of those original dragons.

Like a Twilight Zone episode where a guy has tons of gold and a time machine. Turned out that gold was like iron in the future.

That's true, but, unfortunately, things change with time. At one point 4G Prizes were considered valuable. Now they're worth barely a lineaged common hatchling. I used to trade a lot for 3G Prizes, so it does make me a little sad to see their babies go unwanted, but...that's just how things go. Hollies will always be special, no matter how big their population is. Especially the older ones with special parents. 

No matter what happens this Christmas, I hope as few feelings as possible are hurt. I believe that TJ can come up with a good solution.

24 minutes ago, dtd said:

Yea but it's better to fix that by having no one EVER need to trade their soul again, if there is a flood in a town it would be stupid to let the town continue flooding just because some people worked really hard to deal with it, it would be better to close the floodgates, yea the boats are not as useful as they used to be but the flooding was overall a pain to deal with for most people.

And that's a very real thing that happens and has happened.

Example: with aluminum.

Aluminum used to be really expensive, more then gold, but then some people found a way to efficiently make it and the entire aluminum craze went up in flames, but now we can all keep our pans clean so we don't have to wash them as vigorously and make stylish hats to wear while we tell sheeple the truths about things.

Edited by blockEdragon
Watch out for lizard men, and be thankful that the proper protective headgear isn't more expensive then gold anymore, you to can gain your freedom for under 5 dollars from a trip to walmart

Whew. Couldn't toss as many back to the AP as I originally wanted to, but I did what I could to help. Now the waiting...

I'm starting to get nervous. The abandon timer on my current batch of new eggs still says 2 hours. I know that could mean less then 2 hours but more then 1 hour, but I could've sworn I got them with plenty of time to dump them and get another batch for myself... *pokes them*

edit: Okay, just changed to 1 hour! Whew! So I'll have a good 40 minutes to pick up my keeper batch after abandoning these.

Edited by Marie19R

Almost missed this event entirely! Glad I thought about this site again earlier today. :)