TJ09

2017-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

10 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

I'm starting to get nervous. The abandon timer on my current batch of new eggs still says 2 hours. I know that could mean less then 2 hours but more then 1 hour, but I could've sworn I got them with plenty of time to dump them and get another batch for myself... *pokes them*

Check your action log to see when you abandoned the last batch. If you picked up right after, you should have a better idea of when they can go. 

Caught myself a pair of the new eggies...sort of curious as to what they will grow into...a pair of CB Graves(which I had always wanted! Thanks TJ) and a cb mate fore my cb male marrow! All told some nice treats, indeed! Wishing luck to those still hunting!

Edited by Silverswift

28 minutes ago, dtd said:

I rather doubt anyone with a holly is a lunatic.However, consider folks that have traded souls and such for a 2nd gen Holly and they just pop-up for everyone. That is more than just the original owners. Also, there are some that were prizes. I don't have one myself but I bartered for a 2nd gen as a gift. If they do, they do. It just kills the "specialness" of those original dragons.

as someone who traded souls for MANY dragons. re-releaseing doesint destroy the specialness only the value. holly's are still special as they were the very first Christmas dragon ever released.

there value is decreased in the areas of they're not a rarity anymore, but then again they're coming back anyway. people are breeding long clean or messy lineages more and more. even if they were re-released there would still be hollys more valuable such as those from spriter owned lineages. or some people being picky over "original release date dragons". a re-release mite add to the valueless in some way here like classic VS new coke.

even then when i hope to trade for a holly, everybody asks for CB golds, silvers, or 2nd gen prizes. with the new raffles, that will soon die on its own. at this point all the golds turning to silver and eventually bronze.

1 major point of my soul trading was the holidays. id actually have a word document open to mark what i had set up for hour to day long trades. id stay up the whole night if i had to, to make sure the trading process went through. but now with mutiple biomes and the lag monster being half dead no body really needs a new holiday trader anymore.

not everybody wants a CB, some are fine with messys or even ones with a lineage already set that they want to continue. and for soul traders we can all move to something else like neglecteds still being an impossible grab. most tradeing i see is for blood swaps or linage swaps, not so much requests for low gens anymore.

21 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Check your action log to see when you abandoned the last batch. If you picked up right after, you should have a better idea of when they can go. 

*duh* I totally forgot the action log shows abandonments now! Thanks.

Still fiddling with my hatchie's costume. Can't decide whether to go pirate-ballerina-ghost, or fox-knight-fairy.

NICE! Halloween Wyrms!

Looks like TJ has one too many males though. Lol.

Good luck to people still hunting! You have a little under an hour left to get your Weenies from the cave. 

Thank you, TJ and all artists, for a relaxed, fun holiday and thank you for the Halloween biome. I finally am able to have a CB female pumpkin and several CB marrows so that I can better help others with lineage building.

So I managed to drop 22 new eggs into the AP today, and I just grabbed my 8 keepers. The biomes are surprisingly empty for it being so close to cut-off time, I'd thought everyone would be scrambling for the last eggs.

Managed to drop some cb's in the ap, got a nice Pumpkin spriter's alt, filled up on past cb eggs and picked up 8 new ones, got all of the treats and dressed up my dragon. It's been a busy week but a lot of fun.

Thank you to TJ and the spriters for a great Halloween. 😍

Edited by BatPopsicle
Typo

Dropped 8 of the new ones into the AP - too much going on to do more. 

That's what I'd like to know too...  My friend had an important egg hatch with about 30 minutes to spare, but there aren't any eggs for her to catch.  I've never seen anything like this.

4 hours ago, Lady Dragoon said:

The three days is for the new dragon dropping, it's a week for breeding for all holidays though.

And yeah, it was lagging for me even when I was trying to make a zombie or deciding on my last costume for my hatchling.

(awww, I hope you get some more funds before Christmas or you could write a small letter/card for everyone else, might be nice even if it isn't a gift :D )

Ahhh my mom says they are and even more so sense i'm an artist: My only problem is I never know what to say or draw, and i'm lazy. RIP.

Well it's only 8:37pm for me right now but I was just checking in (Speaking of art, I've been putting off an OC's Bday art too much. His bday is October 8th, so I kept saying Halloween could be my due date. BUT NOW IT'S ALMOST OVER. SPEED DRAAAAAAAW...) to realize it's just slightly more than 20 minutes left on Halloween for DC. Happy Halloween all of Dragon Cave, I hope everyone got those last minutes eggs and such. Otherwise you'll have to wait till next year!
I'm quite happy what I got done in two days after remembering about DC sense I was gone for months. Nearly missed ANOTHER YEARS worth of holiday dragons I would of had to get some other year I remembered. Yay. ;3; I even reminded my friend of the game and she was able to get on at last minute to get her very first Halloween eggs ever, so bonus.~

3 minutes ago, whitestar said:

Why are there no event eggs dropping so far during the last half hour of the event?

This please ^

5 minutes ago, whitestar said:

Why are there no event eggs dropping so far during the last half hour of the event?

Yeah, that's weird...

Oh dear, this is unfortunate :(

8 minutes ago, whitestar said:

i'm glad it's not just me seeing it

Huh, that's really strange.... I know eggs were generated at the hour because I picked up my 8 at about :09 or so, so I'm very curious why none are dropping right now.

Just now, Tehya Faye said:

Oh dear. Maybe there will be a slight extension to make up for this bug? 

But then they won't have October 31st as the stolen date :(

Yikes.. I hope so  too. :< I was making dinner and came back to snag my last few eggs. I had to wait since a few of my eggies had yet to hatch. ;u;

Maybe the eggs are being swiped that fast?

Next five minute drop is at 11:55 PM. I'll see if any eggs are being dropped then.

Also for my final tally of hatchlings:

40 hatchlings spotted during Trick-or-Treating

• Black Marrow - IIII (4)
  • Caligene - II IIIII (7)
  • Cavern Lurker - I IIIII (6) 
  • Desipis - IIIII (5)
  • Graves -  III IIIII (8)
  • Pumpkin - IIII (4)
  • Shadow Walker - IIIII (5)
  • Witchlight - I (1)

I chose a Caligene for my hatchling.

What are your guys' count like?

Edit: There isn't anything! Where'd all the eggs go?

Also, thank you TJ, event planners, and sprites for this lovely egg and Halloween event!

Edited by Shokomon