Jump to content
TJ09

2017-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Ripan said:

Alright, I've used up all my zombie attempts for today, lessee if I can remember the details...

(all are adults)

 

3 successfully zombified

2 dodged the blade

6 disintegrated

 

Three successes is still pretty good in my experiences.

I'll say, you could of been like me and disintegrated them all every attempt- on HALLOWEEN where it's meant to be a slightly better chance, AND at night. x'D

I came back to see the hatchlings grew some hides now, that's kinda cool how it grows over the flames just a bit.~ I wonder if it will more or just stop. Last night I made my eggs sick trying to hatch them faster to get the new eggs, so I had to step back. Took them all off viewing sites before bed so now they're all healthy AND opened up a bit more. I'm hoping I can get them to hatch without overdoing it again, I normally don't make them sick but I also normally don't attempt an egg lock on the actual day of a holiday "only those 24 hours" release lol. Though i'm still positive I can get them out to open SEVEN MORE EGG SLOTS to bombard myself with last minute grabs. Think I can make it, guys? x'D
Over eager? What on Valkemare are you talking about? Pft... I'mnotovereager...You'reovereageryouum...Egghog.

EDIT: Also I just realized one of my Witchlight eggs has somewhat of a... Rude code. I would normally use a code to help inspire their name, but I think i'll have to do my own thing. The code is "wfakD". I'm sure if you stared at the middle letters for a small bit, you'll realize what I mean... What to name them that'll be okay. Hmmmmm....

Edited by AveryCF

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Oddsoxdi said:

Lookie what I got - three tries, one disintegration, one Revival (smartalec), and THISS https://dragcave.net/lineage/A5Bs

LUCKY- THAT'S LIKE TWO IN ONE... Maybe it's to make up for the one complete revival. x'D Congrats. ;3;

Edit: Wow, seven years... Kinda glad it zombified now, it's like growing the record for still being on your scroll even though it's... Dead. x'D

Edited by AveryCF

Share this post


Link to post

Wyrm confirm ;0

I had a dream they turned out to be Westerns anyway lmao

Also it's strange that 3 are male and one is female, I almost thought they didn't have hatchling dimorphism after all but I can see the female is different.

Share this post


Link to post

How come TJ has three males and only one female?  :huh: That's not usually how it works...

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Amazon_warrior said:

How come TJ has three males and only one female?  :huh: That's not usually how it works...

Maybe he will do some TJ magic,  much like reverting adults to hatchies for freezing.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Imzadi said:

Maybe he will do some TJ magic,  much like reverting adults to hatchies for freezing.

I suspect he has his reasons, if not then ^ what was said above. Being the owner of DC has it's perks, you can change the times on dragons to even gender swapping, deaging, etc. ;3; If it doesn't work out then we'll see a change, if it does then there's a reason.~

Share this post


Link to post

Happy Halloween everyone! The new dragons look so cool! I just got on an hour ago and was lucky enough to grab two. I haven't tried getting zombies yet, partly because Id feel bad to raise dragons just to kill them in an attempt to get zombies and also because gather dragons for zombie fodder feels like a mountain to me, since there's different sprites for the different breed and which dragons do I pick to get the different breeds? It's a mountain I'm not ready yet to start climbing. Maybe next year. I hope everyone else who is going for zombies gets them! Happy Halloween! 

Share this post


Link to post

Glad to see the Biomes finally calmed down. I was getitng a bit worried I shouldn't have picked up old CBs to drop before getting the new ones. Now mining the AP with CBs will continue as scheduled ^_^

Share this post


Link to post

Wait, hang on. Is this new dragon in the halloween biome? I just need someone to be clear on that before I go on a random goose chase.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Evangeline said:

So... What is the point of collecting Halloween dragons if you can just get them again next year? It's nice, sure. It just annoys me for some reason. It seems like prized processions are becoming more and more common. Makes them anything but special, if you get my meaning. 

 

-waits for all the hate-

Well, why wait a year when you can wait not-at-all? Besides, with that logic, why get them next year when you can just get them the year after that? Because waiting is boring and procrastination is bad, that's why ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, V0ID said:

Wait, hang on. Is this new dragon in the halloween biome? I just need someone to be clear on that before I go on a random goose chase.

 

Nope. it's in the other biomes, the CBs of past years Halloweens are in the Halloween biome.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, V0ID said:

Wait, hang on. Is this new dragon in the halloween biome? I just need someone to be clear on that before I go on a random goose chase.

No.

Edited by songwithnosoul

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Luxrayx said:

Well, why wait a year when you can wait not-at-all? Besides, with that logic, why get them next year when you can just get them the year after that? Because waiting is boring and procrastination is bad, that's why ^_^

 

Procrastination is bad because it means no breeding of lineages next year

/guilty

/sometimes

/sometimes not

https://dragcave.net/lineage/1p5tN

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Luxrayx said:

Well, why wait a year when you can wait not-at-all? Besides, with that logic, why get them next year when you can just get them the year after that? Because waiting is boring and procrastination is bad, that's why ^_^

Eh... I meant that now you can just get discontinued dragons with almost the slightest of ease. Some dragons used to be worth a little more. It's like playing with creative on minecraft. You don't really have to work that hard at it now. If you miss them this year, just get them next year. Nothing special. It's like a normal cave. 

Share this post


Link to post

Well that, and if you wait for next year you are going to have to go through ALL of the other Halloween breeds trying to hunt down the new dragon.

 

Right now, you can get the amount of the new dragon you want and if you want more of it, then you can spend the time looking it next time. :D

Edited by Lady Dragoon

Share this post


Link to post

Finished all my egg hunting, and got all 50 treats! I'm enjoying the dragon dress-up. 'Tis fun!

 

As for the re-CB release of past dragons, well… :) There's no pleasing everyone, you know? And we don't know the motives. It's something new and different, and maybe that was the point. We don't know whether this is something that will ever be repeated, so we have to remember to use our words wisely. :P 

 

Personally, I thought it was a nice surprise. I do wish I had known about it in time to take advantage of it, but that's my fault for not being more attentive. I would have loved some CBs of releases I hadn't been privy to in previous years; making pretty lineages is lots of fun.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Evangeline said:

Eh... I meant that now you can just get discontinued dragons with almost the slightest of ease. Some dragons used to be worth a little more. It's like playing with creative on minecraft. You don't really have to work that hard at it now. If you miss them this year, just get them next year. Nothing special. It's like a normal cave. 

Isn't working hard irrelevant here? It's not at all difficult to get the new dragons, they're the only thing dropping in 5 biomes. It's a matter of being in the right place at the right time. People who were around on Halloween in previous years didn't do any particular work but have a DC account and be online on Halloween. The past CBs are less limited now, yeah, but people who already had them didn't have them due to any particular merit. And I'm not sure what you mean by worth, since you can't trade adult dragons anyways - unless you mean 2Gs? People trade those to create lineages, not for the game of collecting them all. Now there's just a big barrier removed from the art of lineage-making, being more difficult to make doesn't make the lineages better, it just removes a lot of hassle from finding someone willing to breed you the dragon you want. And people still need to be here for the Halloween event to get Halloween dragons, same as usual. It's not like you can get them at any time now, they're still special.

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Lady Dragoon said:

Well that, and if you wait for next year you are going to have to go through ALL of the other Halloween breeds trying to hunt down the new dragon.

 

Right now, you can get the amount of the new dragon you want and if you want more of it, then you can spend the time looking it next time. :D

Yes. That's what's mildly annoying me. It's solely an issue for me. S'fine if it doesn't bother y'all. It bothers me. 

Share this post


Link to post

It's by birdz. It's gotta be good. 

 

I literally cannot wait to see the adults... if birdz did them, I'm gonna love them. I just know it.

Share this post


Link to post

Can't wait to see what the adults are going to look like!

Now to try and see if I can get some zombie dragons...

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, cbussiere said:

Isn't working hard irrelevant here? It's not at all difficult to get the new dragons, they're the only thing dropping in 5 biomes. It's a matter of being in the right place at the right time. People who were around on Halloween in previous years didn't do any particular work but have a DC account and be online on Halloween. The past CBs are less limited now, yeah, but people who already had them didn't have them due to any particular merit. And I'm not sure what you mean by worth, since you can't trade adult dragons anyways - unless you mean 2Gs? People trade those to create lineages, not for the game of collecting them all. Now there's just a big barrier removed from the art of lineage-making, being more difficult to make doesn't make the lineages better, it just removes a lot of hassle from finding someone willing to breed you the dragon you want. And people still need to be here for the Halloween event to get Halloween dragons, same as usual. It's not like you can get them at any time now, they're still special.

I simply disagree. It's cool that you don't have the same view I do. I don't mind that. TJ won't change his mind for my sake. Guess I'm just stating my discontent.
Points and opinions/facts aren't going to change my mind. I am an old dog who hates new tricks, love. I've been here since near the beginning. I don't like that we don't have to "earn" things as much now. It's just kinda given to us. Gosh darn it. 


I've missed plenty of discontinued breeds that I wanted. I've traded for offspring just like the rest. That's just the way it worked. But now, screw that. Just wait a year and you can get it again. It makes some of my past trades meaningless to me now. And it takes away from the wonder and excitement of a new dragon each year! I used to love that. Now, it's just kinda bleh. 
It's worked a certain way for... 11(dear lord...) years? 10? But now I've had this ******** change sprung upon me. I am going to need a second. 

At one time, it was nearly impossible to even get special event/holiday dragons. There used to be only one biome! I understand that we grew so we needed more room, but now the darn discontinued dragons are back up for grabs. 
 

Grumbles and wobbles off to Scrooge's house. Bah humbug.

Edited by Evangeline

Share this post


Link to post

@Evangeline

For me, first-year catching matters because now biomes can matter, in terms of mate selection, and "cave" can give an element of randomness that isn't necessarily desirable.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.