TJ09

2017-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Nooooo.... I only got one new egg from yesterday. I shouldn't have tried to cram in some extra old CBs...  Nnnnh. X_X

Also, did anyone else think the trick or treat ended a bit prematurely, though? After midnight last night, I couldn't find any more treats.But otherwise it was a neat time this year. 

2 minutes ago, thephantomdragon said:

Anyone else seeing the last of TJs hatchling as different? It has flat floppy years and a purple pixel in the middle of its face? It's the one with the Lovecraft shorthand.... 

That's because the last one is a female and the others are male. The S2's are gender dimorphic. :)

The last one is different because that's the only female within the four hatchies.

Just now, Jazeki said:

That's the female. They're different male and female sprites.

@everyone who missed eggs, try the AP. People were dropping new ones there.

Ok. I was just confused because normally his hatchling count is even when it comes to dimorphism. 

Ah - I was expecting even genders. :P (would have checked, but the site and forum's so laggy atm)

Bunch of folks waited to the last minute to get eggs...

I really hope TJ extends this a bit.

Just now, Tehya Faye said:

Ah - I was expecting even genders. :P (would have checked, but the site and forum's so laggy atm)

Same. I wanted to check but this lag is aweful, plus my iPad has been so unuseful since the iOS 11 update haha so I have both working against me XD just glad that it isn't only me seeing the dimorphism. 

5 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

I saw a total of 87 hatchlings while taking my little Pumpkin trick-or-treating. Goodness, that was fun!

It was fun indeed! :) I managed to see a total of 99 hatchlings myself - I would have liked to hit the 100 mark, but unfortunately I was *just* unable to do so. I would have hit it this hour, but the event just ended this hour. *sigh* :(

I trick or treated with 84 hatchlings :) all of them look great.

For those that missed out on some release eggs, I managed to throw 14 into the AP throughout the day, and I know I'm not the only one that did so, good luck! We'll see them in a week or so at this rate hehe

Ah man, I literally missed the event eggs by five minutes because the lag was so bad on my computer :(

I hope I can find someone to trade with, they look pretty cool. For some reason they remind me of the data monster.

Well the AP is currently showing eggs at 3 days 10-11 hours, so I think new eggs should start showing up there Friday or Saturday? If I'm understanding AP time and such correctly. Me and many others tossed some to the AP so there should be plenty for people who didn't manage to get them.

I'm almost sad I didn't get to trick-or-treat with my hatchling as much as I'd have liked... but it was super fun, probably my favourite halloween event!

My pretty lil' baby, <3

Well, I know many people like myself will also be unlocked by Friday, and the scrounge for additional new eggs usually means plenty of competition and stalking the AP. I'm happy to hear several people went and dumped eggs into the AP, I'd like to hope at least a few make their way to people who missed them, but it is a bit off-putting when a 24 hour event ends ~30 minutes early. That time can make all the difference in the world for (maybe?) one-time only CBs.

The wording in the original Halloween event announcement has me wondering if new egg CBs won't be returning next year too, though. I guess it could be interpreted as "get bred eggs next year", but if the new holiday trend continues hopefully missing that last hour won't feel as devastating to people.

1 minute ago, Nine said:

Well, I know many people like myself will also be unlocked by Friday, and the scrounge for additional new eggs usually means plenty of competition and stalking the AP. I'm happy to hear several people went and dumped eggs into the AP, I'd like to hope at least a few make their way to people who missed them, but it is a bit off-putting when a 24 hour event ends ~30 minutes early. That time can make all the difference in the world for (maybe?) one-time only CBs.

The wording in the original Halloween event announcement has me wondering if new egg CBs won't be returning next year too, though. I guess it could be interpreted as "get bred eggs next year", but if the new holiday trend continues hopefully missing that last hour won't feel as devastating to people.

I hope it comes back... I know its painful for those who intended to get their eggs the last hour and then... glitch, and nope! Definitely wanna make sure people get them.

4 minutes ago, Nine said:

It wasn't just the 30-odd minutes at the end, there was a whole hour sometime this afternoon where nothing was created on the hour drop so there were no new eggs at all for an entire hour. That's what really got me, that such a very very limited release would have *that* much time taken away like that.

Just now, HEEDLESS said:

Somehow I just realized that the new hatchlings remind me of this....

Literally made me cringe away from my computer. XD

Great event - I absolutely adore the trick-or-treating with hatchlings and the whole costume concept!  Definitely one of my favorite holiday events, to be sure!  Thanks to TJ and all those involved in the planning of this!  :)

They look like some sort of flame millipede thing x.x

While I LOVE the blue/white will-o'-the-wisp looking aspect of it (which is what I first thought of) I'm lol..not fond of the centipede/millipede buggy aspect. I don't like them creepy things at all x.x

Not a Lovecraftian or Eldritch fan. I mean, I don't dislike or hate, just..never read any of it or such?

But some sort of data virus dragon would be cool. WOULD BE AWESOME IF IT WAS THE LAG MONSTER  like everyone is wishing!

I can't believe I actually missed out on getting one this year. By the time I roared over to the cave it was 12:15.  I don't think they are dropping now right. If that is the case I have to wait until next year when I can get one in the ac. Unless somebody can gift me one of theirs. I think I will just go sit in the corner and cry pumpkin tears. Ever since I joined up I have never forgotten to get one and yet I could have easily snagged one this morning or after 4 or even at midnight when they came out. Sniff. Sniff.

2 minutes ago, LuvDragons said:

I can't believe I actually missed out on getting one this year. By the time I roared over to the cave it was 12:15.  I don't think they are dropping now right. If that is the case I have to wait until next year when I can get one in the ac. Unless somebody can gift me one of theirs. I think I will just go sit in the corner and cry pumpkin tears. Ever since I joined up I have never forgotten to get one and yet I could have easily snagged one this morning or after 4 or even at midnight when they came out. Sniff. Sniff.

A whole bunch of people, including myself, went and dumped a lot of CB eggs from this year's batch, and they should hopefully start showing up in the AP in a few days. It's no guarantee you'll get one but at least you have a shot.